Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Albums that didn't meet expectations

Read 2658 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Albums that didn't meet expectations
      May 08, 2009 09:52:57 pm
      Albums that you were really excited for and ended up being disappointed by. At the same time albums that had rave reviews but you never understood what the hype was about.

I'm kind of expecting a lot of 2nd or 3rd albums from bands following on from a brilliant debut album!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Re: Albums that didn't meet expectations
      Reply #1: May 08, 2009 10:12:43 pm
      Urban Hymns - The Verve.

The three singles, Bitter Sweet Symphony, Lucky Man and Drugs Don't Work, were magnificent but the rest of the album really disappointed me to be honest.

Stars Of CCTV - Hard-Fi

I got the album simply because of Cash Machine which is a boss song in my opinion but the album on the whole is a total let down.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: May 08, 2009 10:33:18 pm
      I cant think of any from the artists I really like because I have expected them to be good and they have but in terms of the general publics expectation then I suppose you can include basically every winner of the X Factor, Pop Idol etc because people have expected big things from the likes of Gareth Gates, Shayne Ward but look at them now, they are no where to be seen and never have any new songs out because there albums didn't cut it.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: May 08, 2009 10:39:36 pm
      The Killers albums so far in some respects. Granted Hot Fuss and Sam's Town have some excellent tracks but as full albums they are not spectacular as some suggest in my opinion.

Heard rave reviews about the latest Elbow album so I downloaded it. Extremely boring.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3944 
      Reply #4: May 08, 2009 11:43:07 pm
      Urban Hymns - The Verve.

The three singles, Bitter Sweet Symphony, Lucky Man and Drugs Don't Work, were magnificent but the rest of the album really disappointed me to be honest.

Stars Of CCTV - Hard-Fi

I got the album simply because of Cash Machine which is a boss song in my opinion but the album on the whole is a total let down.
      Same as with the Verve tracks,thought it was a wind up.How do they do that,put so many forgetable tracks on the same album with 3 classics. 
      « Last Edit: May 09, 2009 12:43:00 pm by stuey »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #5: May 09, 2009 04:11:31 pm
      Heard rave reviews about the latest Elbow album so I downloaded it. Extremely boring.

Agreed, only really about two or three stand out tracks with One Day Like This being the most obvious.

Quick Reply