Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

POST MATCH: West Ham 0-3 Liverpool

Read 14478 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: POST MATCH: West Ham 0-3 Liverpool
      Reply #46: May 10, 2009 07:46:17 am
      Well chuffed with this result.  ;D

It was a tricky match, West Ham showed that they have improved this season under Zola, who does seem to be doing very well considering the side he has and pressures off the field. I think our midfield partnership of Lucas and Masch did very well, it's never easy to step in when Xabi's out considering the amazing season he's had, but today Lucas just played his game, and did it very solidly. Well in.

Quite a few of our boys didn't play to the best of their ability, but we took the chances we had and deservedly brought home the three points.

Job done and top of the league! Brilliant, we're doing everything we can to keep up the pressure, and another +3 in the goal difference could well play a part in a couple of weeks time, who knows?  ;)
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #47: May 10, 2009 08:20:25 am
      Dirks first touch was excellent!!Wow a while ago you would only see that comment in the knee jerk thread.But credit where its due Dirks been practising methinks.Well done lads.

signed CITEH supporter (24 hrs only )   
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #48: May 10, 2009 08:51:38 am
      Didn't see the second half, but I'm happy with how the first went. West ham are a tough team, and to put 3 past them and keep a clean sheet isn't bad going at all.

good to see Ryan Babel on the score sheet, give him a bit of a boost for the last 2 games.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #49: May 10, 2009 08:51:54 am
      Rafa was saying he cringes when he was watching the video of the last Hammers game.
      Dropped points then.

Move on.

Great win ...although I was more than generous to the Hammers by giving them a goal on my LFC prediction at 1-3.

Weve done all we can do.

Feet up lads whilst we watch the Mankers go through it.

WELL DONE !
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #50: May 10, 2009 09:26:21 am
      Well done guys! This was one of those games where we could have come unstuck but we kept our focus no? We could have scored a couple more but for sure we are pressing to the end.
      The West Ham players dive was hilarious and worthy of a BAFTA.
      Lucas Neil, how the heck we even thought of buying him I don't know. Played Stevie onside for the first goal and spent much of the game gobbing off or kicking lumps out of our guys. Even the West Ham supportes hate him.
      C'mon City today and Wigan midweek. Hughes and Bruce please try to remember you dont play for Ferguscum anymore.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #51: May 10, 2009 09:52:10 am
      Well it was very business like, get score 3 goals keep the morale high and get out.

The team is definitely shaped into a winning one for next season, I am so happy...Its now time for the Mancs to lose to sh*te and lets see how the cookie crumbles.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #52: May 10, 2009 10:22:21 am
      We now need UTD to loose 1 or draw 2 of their next 3 games or its all over despite our fantastic charge. I am sure Ferguson would have expected West Ham to get a result of some kind yesterday so come on City.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #53: May 10, 2009 12:15:36 pm
      Have to agree with that Johnstop, Fergie must have had us down for a draw at best yesterday, that convincing win will put even more pressure on him. To suggest that pressure doesn't transferr to the players is nonsence, they will be feeling it today, especially if it's still close at half time.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,150 posts | 3385 
      Reply #54: May 11, 2009 11:49:21 pm
      Didn't break sweat. Well done lads, kept up our side of the bargain.

Solid performance from back to front.

Quick Reply