Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Andrea Dossena (AC Milan, Juventus and Napoli)

Read 31627 times
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Re: Andrea Dossena (AC Milan)
      Reply #23: Jun 04, 2009 07:33:21 pm
      Sell sell sell, we dont need this guy, I personally think that IF we buy Silva then will be Riera and THEN  Dossena. So why dont we take the 6-9 million and just be happy?
      I would rather see a youth player like gerrardo bruna , vitor flora and nemeth
      « Last Edit: Jun 04, 2009 07:45:18 pm by stevie92 »
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #24: Jun 04, 2009 09:19:47 pm
      Another year for me he showed signs of being a really good attacking full back. Also if he plays for Italy in defense he must be good.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #25: Jun 04, 2009 09:21:38 pm
      Another year for me he showed signs of being a really good attacking full back. Also if he plays for Italy in defense he must be good.

I think Grosso gets picked before him now, although I'm not too sure.

He has looked decent at times though playing left wing, I think maybe give him another year unless someone comes in with a really good bid.
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #26: Jun 04, 2009 09:30:36 pm
      If we have a good offer then SELL.
      TheSpecialOne
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts | -1 
      Reply #27: Jun 04, 2009 10:17:12 pm
      He was Italys first choice left back for abit
      havent seen form that would match up anywhere near that standard yet tbh
      id take 4 or 5 mill for him right now, even though thats a loss
      think Insua's r left back for the future.
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #28: Jun 05, 2009 10:26:48 am
      At Italy he is not playing left back but left forward..And change it to Juventus not Milan
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #29: Jun 05, 2009 10:49:25 am
      DOSSENA EYES JUVE SWITCH

Andrea Dossena hopes to leave Liverpool for a "new life" with Juventus this summer.

The Italian left-back has only had one season at Anfield but has struggled to adapt to the pace of the Premier League, leaving him behind Fabio Aurelio and Emiliano Insua in the battle for a first-team spot.

"I have talked to [Rafael] Benitez. He is a wonderful person and has understood my problem," Dossena told Tuttosport.

"He told me that if they receive an offer that satisfies both the club and me, he will facilitate my transfer. I would run to Juve. They showed interest in me last year, but then Liverpool stepped in and wrapped things up in less than an hour.

"In England they play continuously and the hardest training session does not last more than 40 minutes, but I need to train longer.

"Now I truly hope to join Juve and start a new life."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/06/05/manual_101359.html
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #30: Jun 05, 2009 10:51:39 am
      Well, we needn't buy him in the first place. We've already got 2 good left backs.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #31: Jun 05, 2009 10:53:51 am
      Well said, Ad. Personally I feel that if we can raise some funds from his transfer then it will be good. Maybe 5 million pounds, will already satisfy me. We've got to give Insua the chance to make the leftback position his own in the summer.

Good to see Doss talking to Rafa with this, although Doss might not be playing that often still its good to see manager-player having a good rapport.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6735 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Andrea Dossena (AC Milan and Juventus)
      Reply #32: Jun 05, 2009 11:12:09 am
      Maybe he is off to Juve then, if that's the case I just want to thank him for giving me one of my personal highlights of the season.

The lob over VDS to make it 4-1 against those cu*ts at OT.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #33: Jun 05, 2009 11:38:11 am
      Maybe he is off to Juve then, if that's the case I just want to thank him for giving me one of my personal highlights of the season.

The lob over VDS to make it 4-1 against those cu*ts at OT.

Well in, he'll never be a legend but that goal is unforgettable! :D

The icing on the cake of a deserved thrashing, and the reaction of Insua and Torres on the bench had me in stitches, the way they were pissing their pants laughing! :D
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #34: Jun 05, 2009 02:47:18 pm
      Dossena asks for Liverpool transfer
      Liverpool defender Andrea Dossena seems destined for a return to Italy after asking manager Rafael Benitez for a transfer.

The 27-year-old international left-back failed to establish himself after being signed as John Arne Riise's replacement in a £7m transfer from Udinese last summer.

Dossena made just 12 Barclays Premier League starts and towards the end of the season was third choice behind Fabio Aurelio and young Argentinian Emiliano Insua.

The Italian has told Benitez he would like to return to his homeland, with Juventus his preferred destination.

"Before coming back to Italy I talked to Benitez and explained to him my doubts," he told Tuttosport.

"I told him I wanted to leave. He is an exceptional person and understood my problem.

"He told me that if they receive an offer that satisfies both the club and me, he will take it into consideration and try to facilitate my transfer.

"I would run to Juve. They showed interest in me last year, but then Liverpool stepped in and wrapped things up in less than an hour.

"Of course I would accept an offer. You're talking about one of the biggest clubs in Europe."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/dossena-asks-for-liverpool-transfer-1697789.html

Let the bidding begin  :angel:
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #35: Jun 05, 2009 03:23:00 pm
      Dossena for me will be a legend for scoring against Madrid and rubbing salt in the wounds of the scum.

but to remember a footballer for 2 touches of the ball is awfull.

Sell sell sell.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #36: Jun 05, 2009 10:16:57 pm
      Fair play to the lad.....good luck to him. He picked it up late in the season but we now have insua waiting to establish LB position also Arby is versatile to understudy Fabio
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #37: Jun 06, 2009 12:25:52 am
      I suppose at least he's not kidding himself by remaining here.

He knows it's not worked out, things have gone badly for him and he wants to move on. Fair enough I suppose. We won't miss him as a player but at least we have the humiliating goal against the Mancs for material :D.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #38: Jun 06, 2009 01:56:24 am
      English football,just not for him,more suited to the slower Itailan league.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #39: Jun 06, 2009 05:08:02 am
      Liverpool setting up superstar swap deal?
      05:10 PM 05 June, 2009

Italian sources suggest that Andrea Dossena's desire to leave Liverpool for Juventus will result in the Reds attempting to bring the best of Italian talent in the opposite direction.

Rafa Benitez is desperate to find a striker to play "in the hole" behind Fernando Torres and, despite his age, Alessandro Del Piero fits the bill.

The 34-year-old Italy international has been tremendously loyal to Juve, but the chance to play in the Premier League for Liverpool may be too tempting to turn down.

Liverpool will have to fork out a huge amount in wages for Del Piero, but the sale of Dossena to Juve will make him more affordable.

According to Italian sources, the details of the deal being negotiated is as follows: Dossena is valued by Liverpool at £8m, but Juve are only prepared to pay £6m if Del Piero moves in the opposite direction.

The sticking point is the terms of the deal being offered to Del Piero by Liverpool but, with £6m about to be in their coffers soon, the Reds feel they can offer the maestro a £60k per week two-year contract.

http://www.fansfc.com/story/12136.html

Just a transfer Speculation site, anyone think this could happen?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #40: Jun 06, 2009 08:37:33 pm
      Liverpool setting up superstar swap deal?
      05:10 PM 05 June, 2009

Italian sources suggest that Andrea Dossena's desire to leave Liverpool for Juventus will result in the Reds attempting to bring the best of Italian talent in the opposite direction.

Rafa Benitez is desperate to find a striker to play "in the hole" behind Fernando Torres and, despite his age, Alessandro Del Piero fits the bill.

The 34-year-old Italy international has been tremendously loyal to Juve, but the chance to play in the Premier League for Liverpool may be too tempting to turn down.

Liverpool will have to fork out a huge amount in wages for Del Piero, but the sale of Dossena to Juve will make him more affordable.

According to Italian sources, the details of the deal being negotiated is as follows: Dossena is valued by Liverpool at £8m, but Juve are only prepared to pay £6m if Del Piero moves in the opposite direction.

The sticking point is the terms of the deal being offered to Del Piero by Liverpool but, with £6m about to be in their coffers soon, the Reds feel they can offer the maestro a £60k per week two-year contract.

http://www.fansfc.com/story/12136.html

So according to this we want an aging Italian to play in a position where Steven plays already. Okay!

Glad Doss is doing one. Never a left-back.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #41: Jun 07, 2009 11:04:44 pm
      Has he gone yet? ::)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #42: Jun 08, 2009 10:46:38 pm
      Heard a rumour tonight he could be gone by the end of the week to Juve for £2.5 million.

The only stumbling block is Doss is not happy with the wage offered by Juventus.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #43: Jun 08, 2009 10:47:48 pm
      £2.5? I was hoping for a bit more than that.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #44: Jun 08, 2009 11:02:52 pm
      2.5 mill for Dosena, even if Del Piero is lined up to come the other way,Rafa will want more than 2.5  for the Italian. Del Piero is 34 I didn't think Rafa signed pensioners, if he does it may be for one season and what good is that....
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #45: Jun 09, 2009 02:50:30 pm
      £2.5m? That ain't what you would call great business - sign a player for a season, pay his wages then sell him for a loss of £4.5m. Although the Keane fiasco must have cost us similar so the precedent has been set by Rafa and this shouldn't be too much of a surprise, if it turns out to be accurate, i suppose.  :-\

Quick Reply