Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

United clinch title

Read 16893 times
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Re: United clinch title
      Reply #184: May 19, 2009 05:38:43 pm
      Point taken and will follow orders ma'am! ::)
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #185: May 19, 2009 06:01:56 pm
      Are you serious? Because I can't believe half the drivel you post, I get attacked by people saying United's empire is crumbling (wishful thinking I call it) and when I respond to say how can our empire be crumbling because we're Champions of this and that and may be retaining those Championships you see it as gloating?...

If scouse posters didn't already post rubbish that they can't possibly know anymore than I can (they GUARANTEE Liverpool will win the league next year you know) then I wouldn't have to respond in kind would I?.......
      So claiming to be Champions, which your not, Is not gloating? Explain. Its just downright Incorrect! Your not Champions of England since you will not and cannot win the FA Cup. Correct?  You MAY be European Champions If you win Champions League.

There is a difference. You validated your argument by saying YOU WHERE champions. The post saying Liverpool will win the League next season is a prediction.
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #186: May 19, 2009 07:39:52 pm
      So claiming to be Champions, which your not, Is not gloating? Explain. Its just downright Incorrect! Your not Champions of England since you will not and cannot win the FA Cup. Correct?  You MAY be European Champions If you win Champions League.

There is a difference. You validated your argument by saying YOU WHERE champions. The post saying Liverpool will win the League next season is a prediction.

It's downright incorrect to say we are Champions of England?............OK whatever you say, you post things to just make me post a contradiction to your laughable post......

I see through you now so I will agree with you, this season's Championship is vacant, OK are you happy now?.......
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #187: May 19, 2009 07:42:53 pm

Hold on mate.

United are Champions of England. Full stop. Winning the FA Cup does not make you champions of England, winning the league does.

Also, United are still Champions of Europe at the moment.

Please back up your argument with fact, not sh*t.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #188: May 20, 2009 12:58:38 am
      It's downright incorrect to say we are Champions of England?............OK whatever you say, you post things to just make me post a contradiction to your laughable post......

I see through you now so I will agree with you, this season's Championship is vacant, OK are you happy now?.......
      Yes I am, Thank-You.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #189: May 20, 2009 01:17:50 am
      Hold on mate.

United are Champions of England. Full stop. Winning the FA Cup does not make you champions of England, winning the league does.

Also, United are still Champions of Europe at the moment.

Please back up your argument with fact, not sh*t.
      When it comes to English Champion I always assumed it was the winner of the FA Cup Title because it was a tournament made up of teams from every English Division. If I'm wrong then I stand corrected.  I thought it was always considered the true champion of England which Is why the Trophy is presented to the winner in the "Royal Box".

However the Champions League title runs from the trophy presentation to the start of the next consecutive tournament round the following year. At the start of the next Champions League tournament the previous years winner, ceremoniously, returns the trophy and the title of European Champion is vacated until the next final is played and a winner then presented with the trophy. That is fact.  It may be arguing symantics, but United are not the current European Champs. There is no European Champion at this time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #190: May 20, 2009 02:05:00 am
      When it comes to English Champion I always assumed it was the winner of the FA Cup Title because it was a tournament made up of teams from every English Division. If I'm wrong then I stand corrected.  I thought it was always considered the true champion of England which Is why the Trophy is presented to the winner in the "Royal Box".

However the Champions League title runs from the trophy presentation to the start of the next consecutive tournament round the following year. At the start of the next Champions League tournament the previous years winner, ceremoniously, returns the trophy and the title of European Champion is vacated until the next final is played and a winner then presented with the trophy. That is fact.  It may be arguing symantics, but United are not the current European Champs. There is no European Champion at this time.

Wrong, it's about a month beforehand the trophy is handed back. Therefore the mancs will either lose their crown or retain it.

As for the FA Cup, it was always seen as the second trophy to win, if you missed out on the League, the League Championship has always been seen as the top trophy to win and also means you are champions. The Royal Box had absolutely nothing to do with it, it's where the bluebloods go for their freebies.

In terms of todays game, the FA Cup is probably seen as the third best trophy to win especially amongst the top four clubs.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #191: May 20, 2009 04:22:32 am
      Has anybody said Manc cu*ts in this thread yet?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #192: May 20, 2009 04:59:28 am
      I'm pretty sure I said Manc cu*ts but I'm not sure. Can't be bothered going back to see if I said Manc cu*ts, though ;)
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #193: May 20, 2009 12:31:27 pm
      Don't even bother to call them c**t because they are one!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #194: May 20, 2009 06:04:50 pm
      Don't even bother to call them c**t because they are one!

Huh? Wouldn't that be the reason for calling them it haha?
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #195: May 20, 2009 08:22:57 pm
      Has anybody said Manc cu*ts in this thread yet?

Someone must have. It must be the most used phrase on here. Without sounding bitter, of course. We're not Everton.
      mad red
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 177 posts | -5 
      Now the dust has settled
      Reply #196: May 20, 2009 08:28:15 pm
      Well done on a good season looks like you are getting closer to the title Fergie will have to step it up next season otherwise with the players you have and add you could have us .

Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #197: May 20, 2009 08:46:03 pm
      Has anyone said what? manc cu*ts?
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #198: May 21, 2009 03:43:16 am
      Well, I think yes, someone somewhere did say manc cu*ts but i am not sure though.. ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #199: May 21, 2009 09:16:40 am
      SSSh JD said Manc cu*ts, but I think he got away with it!!
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #200: May 21, 2009 10:38:52 am
      Well its weird if JD said Manc cu*ts, how could he get away with it easily..hmm
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #201: May 21, 2009 11:14:30 am
      Better ask him if you want to know...
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #202: May 21, 2009 11:28:06 am

"Manc cu*ts, Manc cu*ts, Manc cu*ts!"

:D
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #203: May 21, 2009 04:01:59 pm
      Not sure where else to put this

Got a text off my dad today:

Picture the scene... United's dressing room minutes before kick off in the derby v Man City & the reds are about to get their team talk. "Right lads i want 110% commitment from the word go against this blue sh*t. Remember how the lucky bas**rds did the double over last year & on the anniversary of the munich disaster. They only got 6 shots on target in the 2 games, u was robbed & it can't happen again. By Christ , think on, if u don't secure victory you give those filthy scurvy infested reat eating scouse bas**rds a chance of winning the premiership.  Now I don't care if u kick, punch or headbutt your way 2 victory, u must win this. Good luck."
      Then Fergie walks in & says " Thanks ref, I'll take it from here".

:lmao:
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #204: May 21, 2009 04:07:56 pm
      Not sure where else to put this

Got a text off my dad today:

Picture the scene... United's dressing room minutes before kick off in the derby v Man City & the reds are about to get their team talk. "Right lads I want 110% commitment from the word go against this blue sh*t. Remember how the lucky bas**rds did the double over last year & on the anniversary of the munich disaster. They only got 6 shots on target in the 2 games, u was robbed & it can't happen again. By Christ , think on, if u don't secure victory you give those filthy scurvy infested reat eating scouse bas**rds a chance of winning the premiership.  Now I don't care if u kick, punch or headbutt your way 2 victory, u must win this. Good luck."
      Then Fergie walks in & says " Thanks ref, I'll take it from here".

Brilliant!
      BlueDuffleCoat
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts | -4 
      Reply #205: May 23, 2009 09:16:02 pm
      Someone must have. It must be the most used phrase on here. Without sounding bitter, of course. We're not Everton.

You could have fooled me.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #206: May 24, 2009 08:48:17 am

If you're an Evertonian, you're just proving my point. You're even jealous of our forums.

Quick Reply