Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Season ticket waiting list

Read 34247 times
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 417 posts |
      Season ticket waiting list
      May 22, 2009 04:32:48 pm
      Hello everyone, although this subject should be in the ticket information topic section I believe that this subject needs to be highlighted in the main forum!!!

Hopefully everybody will agree. I have been on the Season Ticket waiting list for 12+ years now and there has never been an update to the situation from LFC until I wrote off last year. I asked whether I could get my numerical position in the actual queue but there was no access to this. I decided to write an E-mail asking in what year did the applicants who are at the top of the list originally apply for a ticket. Again no answer, but I did get the following information from customer services below in the form of a reply to my E-mail:-

"Dear Simon

Thank you for your email

Unfortunately no new Season Tickets have been issued since the beginning of 1996, this is due to the fact that it is very rare for existing Season Ticket holders to relinquish their Season Tickets and if they do, they tend to pass them on to family and friends rather than return them to the Club. In view of this we are unable to give any estimation as to when a seat will be offered to you and it is just a matter of continuing to wait.

We will keep your application for a season ticket on our waiting list and assure you that as soon as an offer can be made we will write to you again. Should any of your contact details change, please be sure to inform us so that we can keep your applications up to date as an offer will be made only once.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.  

Kind Regards

Louise
      Louise Howard
      Customer Services
      Liverpool Football Club"

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I don't feel hard done by but when people don't wan't tickets fair enough, however not issuing a single season ticket to people on the waiting list since 1996 is disturbing.  

The purpose of this topic is to highlight to all those hopefulls what the situation is if they didn't know already I don't know if you agree but I haven't felt too happy with the situation and have highlighted the main points that I hope I can foward to LFC. If you have any suggestions to add I would apprieciate this and I can contact LFC again and propose the points below and your changes:-

Should there be more information given to fans in form of updates to their list progress on an annual or bi-annual basis?

Should there be an online system where fans can access their progress (If you were in a usual queue you'd sort of know where you were?

Should the fans on the waiting list be rewarded for their patience in a form of banding system? (The below is an example of this banding)
      ie GOLD list members 25-15yrs on the list -offered tickets before they go on general sale
         SILVER 15yrs-5yrs -offered tickets after GOLD members opportunity to buy
         BRONZE 5yrs offered tickets to low priority games or discounts of some kind (not quite sure on this one as i'd be peed off if i was after a general sale ticket and some one who has been on the  list got one before me)

Should the passing of season tickets to family or friends be controlled more in form of ID cards so that if the ticket is not used then the holder will be forced to get rid making the issue of tickets flow again. At the end of the day if they wan't a ticket for family or friend they get priority before the General sale customers.

Conclusion

I would like to support the people who think there is a point here. This is customer service and a possible reward for all the patience that people on the list.
      Do you wan't to rot on the list while people who don't wan't it pass it all over the place. Have you been patient, without contact for years while you try to get tickets and buy shirts pouring money into the club? All your comments are welcome and if this is the start of something to make the people happy then i'm up for it or we can stay in the dark for a bit longer clinging on to the hope that the new stadium will mean the allocation of further tickets.

" A thousand voices may be heard!!"
      « Last Edit: May 22, 2009 08:32:02 pm by JD »
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 417 posts |
      Re: Season ticket waiting list
      Reply #1: May 22, 2009 06:12:06 pm
      Is anyone really bothered about this whole issue? ???
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #2: May 22, 2009 06:52:30 pm
      Yes its a very valid subject. IF you look at threads like the problem at Anfield you will see that some genuine supporters of many years cant get tickets whilst others who are not so vocal in their support and spend their time taking pictures do. I used to get my ticket from my Cousin a ticket agent who sadly died and I have not  been a regular since. It would be interesting to look at the post codes of season ticket holders to see were they are from.
      The Kop used to be filled with Dockers and factory workers now its the boiled sweets brigade FFS. So yes it is a very valid subject and one close to a lot of peoples hearts and anyone who has been on a list for 12 years deserves to at least be kept informed and treated with some respect if nothing else for their patience and continued support.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3: May 22, 2009 07:38:53 pm
      I think it is interesting that NO new season tickets have been issued since 1996. 13 years!. So what is the point of a Waiting List?

May be that is why the atmosphere is sometimes "Dead" at Anfield, as some of the holders must have passed on. But the "club" will not be bothered as long as they get there Money. It would be interesting to see how many Registered Season Ticket Holders actually go to the match, I for one know 3 people in work who have one, but can not afford it so they sell it on...is this a form of touting?

Is there any other Football Club with this statistic? You can even get a season ticket for the Scum, I know they have a much bigger stadium, but if we had a ground of their size I am sure the allocation would be filled.

Not too sure if I've gone off topic. But Hey....
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #4: May 22, 2009 07:44:53 pm
      Thats shocking. I dont even know why I bothered putting myself on the waiting list. My dad is also on the waiting list for as season ticket, as he has been for many years. He is 69...doesnt seem like he's ever going to make it.

Liverpool Football Club needs to sort out everything regarding its ticketing system. Its a disgrace.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Re: Operation :- I would like a season ticket before I peg it!!
      Reply #5: May 22, 2009 08:27:59 pm
      I've been on the waiting list for a similar length of time.

Unfortunately I don't think there is very much we can do apart from wait for the new stadium to be built.

I don't quite understand the 1996 reference.  Does that mean that no new season tickets have been issued, or that no season tickets have changed hands since then?

Should there be more information given to fans in form of updates to their list progress on an annual or bi-annual basis?

To be fair to the club it would be a pretty expensive exercise to tell people that they have got no chance of getting a season ticket?

Should there be an online system where fans can access their progress (If you were in a usual queue you'd sort of know where you were?

Shouldn't be too difficult.  If the club have time to arse around with Facebook then it shouldn't be too difficult to keep some of their fans informed.

Should the fans on the waiting list be rewarded for their patience in a form of banding system? (The below is an example of this banding)
      ie GOLD list members 25-15yrs on the list -offered tickets before they go on general sale
         SILVER 15yrs-5yrs -offered tickets after GOLD members opportunity to buy
         BRONZE 5yrs offered tickets to low priority games or discounts of some kind (not quite sure on this one as I'd be peed off if I was after a general sale ticket and some one who has been on the  list got one before me)

Not a bad idea. I'd have no problems with someone who has been on the waiting list for that length of time to get first dibs on tickets.

Should the passing of season tickets to family or friends be controlled more in form of ID cards so that if the ticket is not used then the holder will be forced to get rid making the issue of tickets flow again. At the end of the day if they wan't a ticket for family or friend they get priority before the General sale customers.

Personally I think it's wrong that.  I can understand why it happens but it isn't really in keeping with the spirit of things.  There is no reason for a season ticket holder to not have had their lad or daughter on the waiting list from a young age. It isn't a share.  It's a ticket and it's meant for the ticket holder alone.

There are a lot of things wrong with the ticketing.  Former shareholders got a nice sweetener off Hicks and Gillett to vote them in to the club.  PTS schemes etc etc.  I fail to see why tickets cannot go on sale first at the windows at Anfield and then any left over can go on the credit card and telephones. 

I've said it before - if the club ever hopes to fill a 70,000 seater stadium week in week out, midweek, and even when they're going through a dodgy spell, they need to stop alienating potential local support.  Too many tickets go to tour packages and to supporters clubs around the country - where, not all the time, but often sold on at a premium.  Have a look at the number of first time fans who appear in the crowds at our away games.  Ask yourself how they got their tickets?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #6: May 22, 2009 09:44:18 pm
      I take all the points on board and agree that it's a dire situation. It comes with success that people don't want to give up their season tickets. I don't agree that people should be allowed to pass their season tickets on to others, but it's difficult to regulate. I wouldn't like it if I had a season ticket and the club said, 'you know what? this person's been on the waiting list ten years, we'll have to limit how long you can have a season ticket' - in fact, I'd be livid.

When I was a kid I had a season ticket, and when I was about thirteen my dad gave me a choice on whether I wanted to keep it or get the latest computer instead. I really wanted the computer, but I wanted the season ticket too, until my mum told me my dad wasn't enjoying going to the games any more, and I felt guilty. Worst mistake I ever made was giving it up because I felt guilty. Sorry for going off topic!

It's a tricky situation and totally shitty. When I had my PTS membership a couple of seasons ago I was disgusted when we went to the ground and were told we couldn't get tickets at the ticket office, we had to go on the phones. It's a logistical nightmare for the fans. But as everyone knows, the club want the money, and they know however they do it they'll still get the money. So sadly, they won't go out of their way to overhaul it. Stinks, but it's true.

They ought to offer a short lease season ticket on a ballot. Again it wouldn't be ideal. But if they could issue 5000 seats for this with a maximum of two or three seasons at least more people would get a chance to get off the waiting list. But then what? Everyone else would find it even harder to get a ticket, and what happened when your three years ran out?

There's no easy answer. I feel for you.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #7: May 22, 2009 10:10:16 pm
      They ought to offer a short lease season ticket on a ballot. Again it wouldn't be ideal. But if they could issue 5000 seats for this with a maximum of two or three seasons at least more people would get a chance to get off the waiting list. But then what? Everyone else would find it even harder to get a ticket, and what happened when your three years ran out?

Thats not a bad idea. 5000 less tourists, 5000 more fans who actually want to go to support the team at games get the chance.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #8: May 23, 2009 12:54:52 am
      I don't want to re-ignite the locals v OOT debate because I am fully aware that there are a huge number of fans who aren't from Liverpool who are far more passionate about the club.

But, really, can anybody complain at a system whereby people who are prepared to queue at the ticket office for 'one ticket per person' get first priority?  I really don't think that is a lot to ask for and it would solve an enormous amount of the antagonism aimed at the club.

I also don't think season ticket holders should get the 'golden goose' of first dibs on away tickets either, but that's a different matter.
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #9: May 23, 2009 01:02:27 am
      It's a real bugger, unfortunatly though we are such a massive club and season ticket holders look out for their own, normally it's because they cant afford to renew, so hand it to family member or friend until you can pony up the dough then buy it back, i do believe though for away games, a similar criteria to champions league should be used when putting tickets on sale, say 60/40 in favour of season ticket holders to give those like yourself simon a chance to get a fair go of getting match tickets
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #10: May 23, 2009 01:05:43 am
      I've been on since a kid, it's probably been running for about 8 - 9 years now.  Maybe more.  It's just a matter of waiting for the new stadium unfortunately...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #11: May 23, 2009 01:07:30 am
      The club will have a list of people with fancards/membership cards.  If 10,000 apply and 2,500 get them, then next time surely the other 7,500 should be considered first etc?

For some to consistently get lucky and other to consistently get shafted isn't on. 
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #12: May 23, 2009 06:10:33 am
      I think the season ticket should have a date of expiry, maybe a contract date or something of maybe 4-5 years. This would allow more of us to get a season ticket and not just the same people sitting on the Kop. This way there'll be lesser motivation to sing out loud at the stadium because of how often you get to go to anfield really. Its something the holders may just start to take granted for.
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 417 posts |
      Reply #13: May 23, 2009 06:37:14 am

When I was a kid I had a season ticket, and when I was about thirteen my dad gave me a choice on whether I wanted to keep it or get the latest computer instead. I really wanted the computer, but I wanted the season ticket too, until my mum told me my dad wasn't enjoying going to the games any more, and I felt guilty. Worst mistake I ever made was giving it up because I felt guilty. Sorry for going off topic!

Don't worry about going off topic because it is this personal events that people have been through that saddens me, especially those who give them up and are trying to get them back. I really feel for you mate. I feel for all the people and it is not just about me, i'd just really wanted to tell the world when I recieved that E-mail because I was optomistic that I was getting close but now in reality there are a lot of people who may have too been clinging on without knowing the truth.

Surely there should be perks for patience. I have asked my brother if he would build a website if there was enough feedback. The aim would be to sign an online potition and then foward the link to LFC customer services the FA the press (Not sh*t rags) and highlight the problem.
      king-nando
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 148 posts |
      Reply #14: May 23, 2009 09:39:20 am
      TBH I'd be quite pissed off if someone who applied for a season ticket 20+ years ago had the chance of getting general sale tickets before i did!
      all that would mean is there would be no youth in the stadium.
      the idea of having an expirary date is good although i think it would be better at 1 year at a time rather than 4-5 mentioned above
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #15: May 23, 2009 12:35:13 pm
      I've been on since a kid, it's probably been running for about 8 - 9 years now.  Maybe more.  It's just a matter of waiting for the new stadium unfortunately...

Do you know what though Court, if this is actually true about no new season tickets being issued since 1996, then I can't see how the elusive new stadium could make a big difference to be honest. It would be interesting to know how many people are on the waiting list.

If new season tickets were issued in 1996, who's to say that wasn't just a couple? It could have even been just one season ticket for all we know. The club wouldn't tell you.

It's definitely an awkward situation. And I still think there'll be a lot of disappointed people if and when this new stadium ever arrives.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #16: May 23, 2009 12:51:00 pm
      On two separate sites I've just Googled, the waiting list was quoted as attaining 60,000 names.

Even if the new stadium had 30,000 new seats, all given to season ticket holders, the waiting list would still be 30,000 strong!

Add to that, new season ticket holders would not be ready to give up their ticket for many years, even decades.

It's crazy to think that the club would need to build something like a 100,000 capacity stadium to satisfy everyone! Still, I think it would be the end of our troubles in the transfer market!
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #17: May 23, 2009 01:05:20 pm
      The problem being would you be able to get much more than 60,000 people in and out of Stanley Park. I think (and i know some will shout against it)that there should be some recognition for those who live locally it is after all Liverpool Football Club.Season tickets should also be randomly audited as I know several that are not used by the owners of them.
      Bottom line is whilst the club are getting the revenue they dont care who it comes from.I would personally ensure that all those who travel to away matches and can prove it get first choice on season tickets as they really are true fans and dedicate most of the lives and money to following our club. If we lived in a fair world things may be different but we dont live in a fair world do we.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #18: May 23, 2009 01:22:08 pm
      Bottom line is whilst the club are getting the revenue they dont care who it comes from.

Exactly. That's just the way it is these days.

And that's why I'll never have belief in a good ticketing system.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #19: May 23, 2009 04:14:42 pm
      What we need is relegation.
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 417 posts |
      Reply #20: May 23, 2009 04:15:36 pm
      I wouldn't be happy with mid table!!
      twobe12
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #21: May 23, 2009 09:15:03 pm
      Yes its a very valid subject. IF you look at threads like the problem at Anfield you will see that some genuine supporters of many years cant get tickets whilst others who are not so vocal in their support and spend their time taking pictures do. I used to get my ticket from my Cousin a ticket agent who sadly died and I have not  been a regular since. It would be interesting to look at the post codes of season ticket holders to see were they are from.
      The Kop used to be filled with Dockers and factory workers now its the boiled sweets brigade FFS. So yes it is a very valid subject and one close to a lot of peoples hearts and anyone who has been on a list for 12 years deserves to at least be kept informed and treated with some respect if nothing else for their patience and continued support.

Its not just LFC that have the problem with the allocation of Season Tickets.
      My mate has been an Arsenal fan for yearsand when the built he Emirates Stadium the cost of a season ticket ran into thousands of ££££ and was well out of his pocket!!
      I seem to remember a Season Ticket amnesty being granted by LFC some years ago when it was realised that Season Ticket had been handed down over the years to friends and relatives of the original ticket holders who had either passed away or had moved out of Livepool and had given them to other fans.
      LFC instead of declaring them null and void had just said okay keep the Season Ticket... how can that be fair?
      Mark my words (and I hope I am wrong) but the same will happen if and wen our new stadium is built, the money men will ensure that they generate the biggest income they can out of new Season Ticket allocation to the detriment f those fans who can ill afford the cost.
      twobe12
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #22: May 23, 2009 09:22:33 pm
      Blimey mate that is a bit serious isnt it (;D)

Quick Reply