Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Season ticket waiting list

Read 34228 times
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 417 posts |
      Season ticket waiting list
      May 22, 2009 04:32:48 pm
      Hello everyone, although this subject should be in the ticket information topic section I believe that this subject needs to be highlighted in the main forum!!!

Hopefully everybody will agree. I have been on the Season Ticket waiting list for 12+ years now and there has never been an update to the situation from LFC until I wrote off last year. I asked whether I could get my numerical position in the actual queue but there was no access to this. I decided to write an E-mail asking in what year did the applicants who are at the top of the list originally apply for a ticket. Again no answer, but I did get the following information from customer services below in the form of a reply to my E-mail:-

"Dear Simon

Thank you for your email

Unfortunately no new Season Tickets have been issued since the beginning of 1996, this is due to the fact that it is very rare for existing Season Ticket holders to relinquish their Season Tickets and if they do, they tend to pass them on to family and friends rather than return them to the Club. In view of this we are unable to give any estimation as to when a seat will be offered to you and it is just a matter of continuing to wait.

We will keep your application for a season ticket on our waiting list and assure you that as soon as an offer can be made we will write to you again. Should any of your contact details change, please be sure to inform us so that we can keep your applications up to date as an offer will be made only once.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.  

Kind Regards

Louise
      Louise Howard
      Customer Services
      Liverpool Football Club"

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I don't feel hard done by but when people don't wan't tickets fair enough, however not issuing a single season ticket to people on the waiting list since 1996 is disturbing.  

The purpose of this topic is to highlight to all those hopefulls what the situation is if they didn't know already I don't know if you agree but I haven't felt too happy with the situation and have highlighted the main points that I hope I can foward to LFC. If you have any suggestions to add I would apprieciate this and I can contact LFC again and propose the points below and your changes:-

Should there be more information given to fans in form of updates to their list progress on an annual or bi-annual basis?

Should there be an online system where fans can access their progress (If you were in a usual queue you'd sort of know where you were?

Should the fans on the waiting list be rewarded for their patience in a form of banding system? (The below is an example of this banding)
      ie GOLD list members 25-15yrs on the list -offered tickets before they go on general sale
         SILVER 15yrs-5yrs -offered tickets after GOLD members opportunity to buy
         BRONZE 5yrs offered tickets to low priority games or discounts of some kind (not quite sure on this one as i'd be peed off if i was after a general sale ticket and some one who has been on the  list got one before me)

Should the passing of season tickets to family or friends be controlled more in form of ID cards so that if the ticket is not used then the holder will be forced to get rid making the issue of tickets flow again. At the end of the day if they wan't a ticket for family or friend they get priority before the General sale customers.

Conclusion

I would like to support the people who think there is a point here. This is customer service and a possible reward for all the patience that people on the list.
      Do you wan't to rot on the list while people who don't wan't it pass it all over the place. Have you been patient, without contact for years while you try to get tickets and buy shirts pouring money into the club? All your comments are welcome and if this is the start of something to make the people happy then i'm up for it or we can stay in the dark for a bit longer clinging on to the hope that the new stadium will mean the allocation of further tickets.

" A thousand voices may be heard!!"
      « Last Edit: May 22, 2009 08:32:02 pm by JD »
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 417 posts |
      Re: Season ticket waiting list
      Reply #1: May 22, 2009 06:12:06 pm
      Is anyone really bothered about this whole issue? ???
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #2: May 22, 2009 06:52:30 pm
      Yes its a very valid subject. IF you look at threads like the problem at Anfield you will see that some genuine supporters of many years cant get tickets whilst others who are not so vocal in their support and spend their time taking pictures do. I used to get my ticket from my Cousin a ticket agent who sadly died and I have not  been a regular since. It would be interesting to look at the post codes of season ticket holders to see were they are from.
      The Kop used to be filled with Dockers and factory workers now its the boiled sweets brigade FFS. So yes it is a very valid subject and one close to a lot of peoples hearts and anyone who has been on a list for 12 years deserves to at least be kept informed and treated with some respect if nothing else for their patience and continued support.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3: May 22, 2009 07:38:53 pm
      I think it is interesting that NO new season tickets have been issued since 1996. 13 years!. So what is the point of a Waiting List?

May be that is why the atmosphere is sometimes "Dead" at Anfield, as some of the holders must have passed on. But the "club" will not be bothered as long as they get there Money. It would be interesting to see how many Registered Season Ticket Holders actually go to the match, I for one know 3 people in work who have one, but can not afford it so they sell it on...is this a form of touting?

Is there any other Football Club with this statistic? You can even get a season ticket for the Scum, I know they have a much bigger stadium, but if we had a ground of their size I am sure the allocation would be filled.

Not too sure if I've gone off topic. But Hey....
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #4: May 22, 2009 07:44:53 pm
      Thats shocking. I dont even know why I bothered putting myself on the waiting list. My dad is also on the waiting list for as season ticket, as he has been for many years. He is 69...doesnt seem like he's ever going to make it.

Liverpool Football Club needs to sort out everything regarding its ticketing system. Its a disgrace.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Re: Operation :- I would like a season ticket before I peg it!!
      Reply #5: May 22, 2009 08:27:59 pm
      I've been on the waiting list for a similar length of time.

Unfortunately I don't think there is very much we can do apart from wait for the new stadium to be built.

I don't quite understand the 1996 reference.  Does that mean that no new season tickets have been issued, or that no season tickets have changed hands since then?

Should there be more information given to fans in form of updates to their list progress on an annual or bi-annual basis?

To be fair to the club it would be a pretty expensive exercise to tell people that they have got no chance of getting a season ticket?

Should there be an online system where fans can access their progress (If you were in a usual queue you'd sort of know where you were?

Shouldn't be too difficult.  If the club have time to arse around with Facebook then it shouldn't be too difficult to keep some of their fans informed.

Should the fans on the waiting list be rewarded for their patience in a form of banding system? (The below is an example of this banding)
      ie GOLD list members 25-15yrs on the list -offered tickets before they go on general sale
         SILVER 15yrs-5yrs -offered tickets after GOLD members opportunity to buy
         BRONZE 5yrs offered tickets to low priority games or discounts of some kind (not quite sure on this one as I'd be peed off if I was after a general sale ticket and some one who has been on the  list got one before me)

Not a bad idea. I'd have no problems with someone who has been on the waiting list for that length of time to get first dibs on tickets.

Should the passing of season tickets to family or friends be controlled more in form of ID cards so that if the ticket is not used then the holder will be forced to get rid making the issue of tickets flow again. At the end of the day if they wan't a ticket for family or friend they get priority before the General sale customers.

Personally I think it's wrong that.  I can understand why it happens but it isn't really in keeping with the spirit of things.  There is no reason for a season ticket holder to not have had their lad or daughter on the waiting list from a young age. It isn't a share.  It's a ticket and it's meant for the ticket holder alone.

There are a lot of things wrong with the ticketing.  Former shareholders got a nice sweetener off Hicks and Gillett to vote them in to the club.  PTS schemes etc etc.  I fail to see why tickets cannot go on sale first at the windows at Anfield and then any left over can go on the credit card and telephones. 

I've said it before - if the club ever hopes to fill a 70,000 seater stadium week in week out, midweek, and even when they're going through a dodgy spell, they need to stop alienating potential local support.  Too many tickets go to tour packages and to supporters clubs around the country - where, not all the time, but often sold on at a premium.  Have a look at the number of first time fans who appear in the crowds at our away games.  Ask yourself how they got their tickets?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #6: May 22, 2009 09:44:18 pm
      I take all the points on board and agree that it's a dire situation. It comes with success that people don't want to give up their season tickets. I don't agree that people should be allowed to pass their season tickets on to others, but it's difficult to regulate. I wouldn't like it if I had a season ticket and the club said, 'you know what? this person's been on the waiting list ten years, we'll have to limit how long you can have a season ticket' - in fact, I'd be livid.

When I was a kid I had a season ticket, and when I was about thirteen my dad gave me a choice on whether I wanted to keep it or get the latest computer instead. I really wanted the computer, but I wanted the season ticket too, until my mum told me my dad wasn't enjoying going to the games any more, and I felt guilty. Worst mistake I ever made was giving it up because I felt guilty. Sorry for going off topic!

It's a tricky situation and totally shitty. When I had my PTS membership a couple of seasons ago I was disgusted when we went to the ground and were told we couldn't get tickets at the ticket office, we had to go on the phones. It's a logistical nightmare for the fans. But as everyone knows, the club want the money, and they know however they do it they'll still get the money. So sadly, they won't go out of their way to overhaul it. Stinks, but it's true.

They ought to offer a short lease season ticket on a ballot. Again it wouldn't be ideal. But if they could issue 5000 seats for this with a maximum of two or three seasons at least more people would get a chance to get off the waiting list. But then what? Everyone else would find it even harder to get a ticket, and what happened when your three years ran out?

There's no easy answer. I feel for you.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #7: May 22, 2009 10:10:16 pm
      They ought to offer a short lease season ticket on a ballot. Again it wouldn't be ideal. But if they could issue 5000 seats for this with a maximum of two or three seasons at least more people would get a chance to get off the waiting list. But then what? Everyone else would find it even harder to get a ticket, and what happened when your three years ran out?

Thats not a bad idea. 5000 less tourists, 5000 more fans who actually want to go to support the team at games get the chance.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #8: May 23, 2009 12:54:52 am
      I don't want to re-ignite the locals v OOT debate because I am fully aware that there are a huge number of fans who aren't from Liverpool who are far more passionate about the club.

But, really, can anybody complain at a system whereby people who are prepared to queue at the ticket office for 'one ticket per person' get first priority?  I really don't think that is a lot to ask for and it would solve an enormous amount of the antagonism aimed at the club.

I also don't think season ticket holders should get the 'golden goose' of first dibs on away tickets either, but that's a different matter.
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #9: May 23, 2009 01:02:27 am
      It's a real bugger, unfortunatly though we are such a massive club and season ticket holders look out for their own, normally it's because they cant afford to renew, so hand it to family member or friend until you can pony up the dough then buy it back, i do believe though for away games, a similar criteria to champions league should be used when putting tickets on sale, say 60/40 in favour of season ticket holders to give those like yourself simon a chance to get a fair go of getting match tickets
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #10: May 23, 2009 01:05:43 am
      I've been on since a kid, it's probably been running for about 8 - 9 years now.  Maybe more.  It's just a matter of waiting for the new stadium unfortunately...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #11: May 23, 2009 01:07:30 am
      The club will have a list of people with fancards/membership cards.  If 10,000 apply and 2,500 get them, then next time surely the other 7,500 should be considered first etc?

For some to consistently get lucky and other to consistently get shafted isn't on. 
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #12: May 23, 2009 06:10:33 am
      I think the season ticket should have a date of expiry, maybe a contract date or something of maybe 4-5 years. This would allow more of us to get a season ticket and not just the same people sitting on the Kop. This way there'll be lesser motivation to sing out loud at the stadium because of how often you get to go to anfield really. Its something the holders may just start to take granted for.
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 417 posts |
      Reply #13: May 23, 2009 06:37:14 am

When I was a kid I had a season ticket, and when I was about thirteen my dad gave me a choice on whether I wanted to keep it or get the latest computer instead. I really wanted the computer, but I wanted the season ticket too, until my mum told me my dad wasn't enjoying going to the games any more, and I felt guilty. Worst mistake I ever made was giving it up because I felt guilty. Sorry for going off topic!

Don't worry about going off topic because it is this personal events that people have been through that saddens me, especially those who give them up and are trying to get them back. I really feel for you mate. I feel for all the people and it is not just about me, i'd just really wanted to tell the world when I recieved that E-mail because I was optomistic that I was getting close but now in reality there are a lot of people who may have too been clinging on without knowing the truth.

Surely there should be perks for patience. I have asked my brother if he would build a website if there was enough feedback. The aim would be to sign an online potition and then foward the link to LFC customer services the FA the press (Not sh*t rags) and highlight the problem.
      king-nando
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 148 posts |
      Reply #14: May 23, 2009 09:39:20 am
      TBH I'd be quite pissed off if someone who applied for a season ticket 20+ years ago had the chance of getting general sale tickets before i did!
      all that would mean is there would be no youth in the stadium.
      the idea of having an expirary date is good although i think it would be better at 1 year at a time rather than 4-5 mentioned above
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #15: May 23, 2009 12:35:13 pm
      I've been on since a kid, it's probably been running for about 8 - 9 years now.  Maybe more.  It's just a matter of waiting for the new stadium unfortunately...

Do you know what though Court, if this is actually true about no new season tickets being issued since 1996, then I can't see how the elusive new stadium could make a big difference to be honest. It would be interesting to know how many people are on the waiting list.

If new season tickets were issued in 1996, who's to say that wasn't just a couple? It could have even been just one season ticket for all we know. The club wouldn't tell you.

It's definitely an awkward situation. And I still think there'll be a lot of disappointed people if and when this new stadium ever arrives.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #16: May 23, 2009 12:51:00 pm
      On two separate sites I've just Googled, the waiting list was quoted as attaining 60,000 names.

Even if the new stadium had 30,000 new seats, all given to season ticket holders, the waiting list would still be 30,000 strong!

Add to that, new season ticket holders would not be ready to give up their ticket for many years, even decades.

It's crazy to think that the club would need to build something like a 100,000 capacity stadium to satisfy everyone! Still, I think it would be the end of our troubles in the transfer market!
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #17: May 23, 2009 01:05:20 pm
      The problem being would you be able to get much more than 60,000 people in and out of Stanley Park. I think (and i know some will shout against it)that there should be some recognition for those who live locally it is after all Liverpool Football Club.Season tickets should also be randomly audited as I know several that are not used by the owners of them.
      Bottom line is whilst the club are getting the revenue they dont care who it comes from.I would personally ensure that all those who travel to away matches and can prove it get first choice on season tickets as they really are true fans and dedicate most of the lives and money to following our club. If we lived in a fair world things may be different but we dont live in a fair world do we.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #18: May 23, 2009 01:22:08 pm
      Bottom line is whilst the club are getting the revenue they dont care who it comes from.

Exactly. That's just the way it is these days.

And that's why I'll never have belief in a good ticketing system.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6916 
      Reply #19: May 23, 2009 04:14:42 pm
      What we need is relegation.
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 417 posts |
      Reply #20: May 23, 2009 04:15:36 pm
      I wouldn't be happy with mid table!!
      twobe12
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #21: May 23, 2009 09:15:03 pm
      Yes its a very valid subject. IF you look at threads like the problem at Anfield you will see that some genuine supporters of many years cant get tickets whilst others who are not so vocal in their support and spend their time taking pictures do. I used to get my ticket from my Cousin a ticket agent who sadly died and I have not  been a regular since. It would be interesting to look at the post codes of season ticket holders to see were they are from.
      The Kop used to be filled with Dockers and factory workers now its the boiled sweets brigade FFS. So yes it is a very valid subject and one close to a lot of peoples hearts and anyone who has been on a list for 12 years deserves to at least be kept informed and treated with some respect if nothing else for their patience and continued support.

Its not just LFC that have the problem with the allocation of Season Tickets.
      My mate has been an Arsenal fan for yearsand when the built he Emirates Stadium the cost of a season ticket ran into thousands of ££££ and was well out of his pocket!!
      I seem to remember a Season Ticket amnesty being granted by LFC some years ago when it was realised that Season Ticket had been handed down over the years to friends and relatives of the original ticket holders who had either passed away or had moved out of Livepool and had given them to other fans.
      LFC instead of declaring them null and void had just said okay keep the Season Ticket... how can that be fair?
      Mark my words (and I hope I am wrong) but the same will happen if and wen our new stadium is built, the money men will ensure that they generate the biggest income they can out of new Season Ticket allocation to the detriment f those fans who can ill afford the cost.
      twobe12
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #22: May 23, 2009 09:22:33 pm
      Blimey mate that is a bit serious isnt it (;D)
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #23: May 24, 2009 11:39:30 am
      I know of a company that holds 4 season tickets.
      They are held primarily for corporate/client entertainment.
      Question......How widespread is this practice, anyone know?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #24: May 24, 2009 12:10:42 pm
      I know of a company that holds 4 season tickets.
      They are held primarily for corporate/client entertainment.
      Question......How widespread is this practice, anyone know?
      I am sure this is VERY wide spread, tax deduction, and expenses, mmm! this rings a bell with me, do not know why.

But the question to be asked is how the F**k did an inanimate object like a company get 4 season tickets, which are presumably all together?

Now that is the correct question, sorry slipped into I-Robot there.

Over to you Mr. (P45) Parry.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #25: May 25, 2009 01:41:53 am

This. We need to fall from grace and hit rock bottom and them some to shred away the layers until we are left with the true core support. And I bet games will still sell-out.

I envy Newcastle United.
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 417 posts |
      Reply #26: May 25, 2009 04:37:23 pm
      I think that if you share it then that is not a problem that can be solved, there would be empty seats if they didn't go. Maybe if you informed LFC that you couldn't make it they could re-fund the match price and put your seat up for General sale one match only.

If you can't afford the ticket for the season and hand it to family and friends then there is nothing that can be done about this

But if you have once from the registered keeper who has passed away then this shouldn't happen

There is an answer out there somewhere
      Woolian
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #27: Jun 11, 2009 10:47:43 pm
      Hi All,

Just replying to El Nino9's first post. I've also been on the waiting list for 12 years this year. I wrote to Rick Parry about 18 months ago to ask why they couldn't disclose where I was on the list and why they haven't issued new season tickets for years and how many get issued or passed on each season.

To be fair to the much magligned Rick Parry, at least he replied, not with any real answer (surprise surprise). He only told me what I already knew. It's not LFC policy to disclose info about the season ticket waiting list.

Interesting how SOS's recent meeting with Ian Ayre, SOS asked him about the number of season tickets that get returned. Ian said that between 20 to 30 get sent back each season. Where do these tickets go??? to the people at the top of the waiting list ????????

I'd like to hear other peoples thoughts on how we can get proper answers from LFC. I may sound biased just because I want LFC to offer me a season ticket NOW! but I think we need ideas on what to do next. I'm so frustrated with waiting every summer for that envelope to drop through the door.

El Nino9, I' like you to contact me as you sound as angry as me about the lack of answers/info from LFC.

Drop me a line back.

JFT96
      Don't Buy The S*n

Woolian
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #28: Jun 12, 2009 12:13:09 pm

haha you know i was tongue in cheek thinking that
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,525 posts | 33 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #29: Jun 12, 2009 01:21:47 pm
      Can I also add on here that the PTS scheme is being shut down due to "Lack of interest".
      I received a letter the other day saying that they were no longer doing the scheme.

There goes my chance of tickets.  In 3 years I missed less than 10 games, league and cup.

Now I'll have to wait in line with the holidayers and foreigners who have no interest in getting involved and just want to take pictures instead of singing.
      red79
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 111 posts |
      Reply #30: Jun 15, 2009 08:17:57 pm
      I'm interested to know what peoples thoughts are on the season ticket buy back scheme which was introduced last season?
      I believe it was done because about a 1000 ST holders don't come every week so it gives them the opportunity to sell them on to members (Who have to pay £30 a season to stand a chance of getting a ticket)

Must admit i thought it was great and signed up. But i think it just means now that even if a ST holder was thinking of giving up their ticket because they can't make every game, then they don't need to now because the club will organise selling their ticket for the games they can't make, Potentially you could be a ST holder and not go to any games (Doubt this would happen but it could).
      I think the ticket office need to do a couple of things here:

1) ST holders who sell their ticket through the buy back scheme on say more than 5 occassions in a season or maybe 20 games over 5 seasons have to give it up, subsequently releasing more ST's for those on the waiting list
      and
      2) Scrap the membership scheme and let people who have been on the waiting list for ST for more than 10 years have first dibs on the buy back followed by those who have been on the waiting list for more than 5 years.

I also think that some of the suggestions made about those on the waiting list being given some priority is also a great idea too.
      Sadly though the ticket office and the club don't recognise loyalty, they just recognise hard cash, i.e, people spending £30 to be in with a chance of getting a buy back ticket,
      Putting league tickets on sale on the phone lines and not having window sales to generate extra cash from the phone calls and booking fees,
      Not rewarding loyalty to fans who have been to games like Wigan, Boro, Portsmouth on a wednesday night and West Ham on a wednesday night etc... etc... and putting the last game against Spurs on general sale, so they can attract the first time fan to come and spend money in the club shop.

It's a sad situation, but no matter what we think about making things better for us loyal fans as long as we're not making the club that extra bit of money for them in the long run, then they just won't be interested.
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #31: Jun 21, 2009 11:16:13 pm
      I'm interested to know what peoples thoughts are on the season ticket buy back scheme which was introduced last season?
      I believe it was done because about a 1000 ST holders don't come every week so it gives them the opportunity to sell them on to members (Who have to pay £30 a season to stand a chance of getting a ticket)

Must admit I thought it was great and signed up. But I think it just means now that even if a ST holder was thinking of giving up their ticket because they can't make every game, then they don't need to now because the club will organise selling their ticket for the games they can't make, Potentially you could be a ST holder and not go to any games (Doubt this would happen but it could).
      I think the ticket office need to do a couple of things here:

1) ST holders who sell their ticket through the buy back scheme on say more than 5 occassions in a season or maybe 20 games over 5 seasons have to give it up, subsequently releasing more ST's for those on the waiting list
      and
      2) Scrap the membership scheme and let people who have been on the waiting list for ST for more than 10 years have first dibs on the buy back followed by those who have been on the waiting list for more than 5 years.

I also think that some of the suggestions made about those on the waiting list being given some priority is also a great idea too.
      Sadly though the ticket office and the club don't recognise loyalty, they just recognise hard cash, I.e, people spending £30 to be in with a chance of getting a buy back ticket,
      Putting league tickets on sale on the phone lines and not having window sales to generate extra cash from the phone calls and booking fees,
      Not rewarding loyalty to fans who have been to games like Wigan, Boro, Portsmouth on a wednesday night and West Ham on a wednesday night etc... etc... and putting the last game against Spurs on general sale, so they can attract the first time fan to come and spend money in the club shop.

It's a sad situation, but no matter what we think about making things better for us loyal fans as long as we're not making the club that extra bit of money for them in the long run, then they just won't be interested.

good idea, but in all fairness i believe fan card holders should have first dibs as well rather than "general sale"
      3-star-wool
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 155 posts | -11 
      Reply #32: Jun 22, 2009 04:16:20 pm
      I know of at least five or six people that I KNOW were made (and accepted) SToffers between 1996 and 1999.

I can also name a total of ten season tickets not renewed (including 4 in the summer of 2004).

This has always been a messy issue, it was in the late sixties (when no one really needed one)... people wouldnt even bother applying for a ST because the waiting list put people off.

Only in the late 70s and early 80s (when we were all on our arses watching Boys From The Blackstuff and robbing snorkle-parkas) was it possible to easily get a season ticket... thats when a lot of our first big OOT wave got theirs, because before that it was a total no no.

I am sure that there will be at least 300 not renewed this season- recession, prices, old men dying, etc etc

So expect another 300 Carlsberg competition winners sitting behind you next year....
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 112 
      Reply #33: Nov 21, 2009 11:24:17 am
      Just to back up that last post - I signed up for the ST waiting list in 1996. In the Summer of 1999 I went off to Camp America and spent the summer over there. When I returned I went through my post and found a letter inviting me to purchase a ST - the cut-off date had expired though so I had to re-join the waiting list again(!!)
      Ronan The Red
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #34: Feb 14, 2010 03:12:31 pm
      ive been on the waiting list some time now and i think the only way i'll get 1 is if we build this new stadium. i also think theres too many memberships that take a lot of the tickets. i have to get my tickets on the general sale and it pisses me off that you can get tickets for all the matches exept big games. i find it hard to believe cos the same amount of tickets go on sale yet there are too many fans who are only bothered about going to the man u, chelsea and everton games. there should be some thing for the general sale people who have been to the previous 4-5 home games and not the 1's who pick and choose when to go and support there team.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #35: Feb 14, 2010 03:16:11 pm
      ive been on the waiting list some time now and I think the only way I'll get 1 is if we build this new stadium. I also think theres too many memberships that take a lot of the tickets. I have to get my tickets on the general sale and it pisses me off that you can get tickets for all the matches exept big games. I find it hard to believe cos the same amount of tickets go on sale yet there are too many fans who are only bothered about going to the man u, chelsea and everton games. there should be some thing for the general sale people who have been to the previous 4-5 home games and not the 1's who pick and choose when to go and support there team.

Mate, thats what DOES happen for the derby games if you've been to them and have a fancard/membership. And get a membership then if you dont like general sale. Problem solved.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #36: Feb 14, 2010 05:47:24 pm
      The whole season ticket waiting list just highlights what a joke it is that we are waiting for a new stadium. If we had any decent owners we would probably playing in the new stadium now.

What is it now Purslow having to reassure the Liverpool council the stadium will be built by 2018. Some F***ing joke and these clowns still have the audacity to turn up to matches.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #37: Feb 14, 2010 06:17:00 pm
      This just highlights the need for the new stadium, we have to say a 60000 isnt going to help much with the waiting list,we need to go to 75000 min capacity,like many others i have been waiting a decade for mine and im still no nearer the front,than the day i went on the list,what a joke!!!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #38: Feb 14, 2010 10:49:47 pm
      :lmao: Louise Howard is my cousin!

Ehh yeah a bigger stadium than what's planned is needed.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,282 posts | 1513 
      Reply #39: Feb 14, 2010 11:21:06 pm
      I've never held or applied for a season ticket due to the fact I would not be able to make every game, and thought it would go unused too often, to be fair to someone else who could attend games regularly. I do however know of a gent ( my mums cousin) who is an honorary life member. He has held a season ticket for some 58 years. He told me recently, when he pops his clogs, that ticket can't be passed on to family members, but must be returned to the club. It will be re distributed to the next applicant on the waiting list. So who are they trying to kid. They are giving tickets to corporate organisations and saying they are not returned when expired due to deaths. That's an excuse to shut up the waiting list candidates.  If you really are desperate for a season ticket, what about getting a gang of lads together and buying a box for the season. Not sure how many the hold and what the comparitive price would be either. Not the same as being on the kop I know, but at least you'd get to see the games. Something seriously wrong with this distribution system. 12 years is a ridiculous amount of time under any circumstances.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #40: Feb 15, 2010 02:25:23 am
      to be honest...........if your 90 year old grandad who had been going for 50 years on a season ticket .......... slipped his ticket into your hand as he fell

off the perch.............. how many of you would hand it back to the club?
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #41: Feb 15, 2010 02:49:58 am
      Barry, go back to Man Utd Forum and F**k off...

But on the topic, It's a joke. I know my Godmother had a season ticekt, and gave it to her son, but he sold it on due to a baby and wife etc, which i was gutted about.

But for a fan like me, who is in University all week, got a job every other day because of that, and then any other day I gig with my band as much as I can, all I would want to do is just see one game a season at least in Kop end, and I would be happy. I would support my team like every other, in the pub or at home with a beer, screaming at the sh*t commentary of Andy Gray or David Pleat.

However, I just cannot go for this due to the season ticket waiting list, and I have looked elsewhere, such as Burnley and Bolton, due to me studying in Manchester. I have been a few Burnley matches already, but when Liverpool played it was sold out (In work till 9pm day before and it sold out, tw*ts!) so not yet got to see my team. However, still got to see some good games with some good teams in Burnley end too (Seen Scum get beat :D:D:D)

Either way, they need to really think a solution to this problem, as if I was waiting 14 years for a ticket, or anyone for that matter, I would just bloody sit at home and have mates round, get smashed, take piss out of Sky TV and then probably go out afterwards. Because it is starting to alienate fans who just want to experience the atmosphere, and can't because of silly ticket situations.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #42: Feb 15, 2010 08:47:52 am
      Firstly you can buy a ticket for every game of the season at Anfield in the following places for the prices stated.

Reds: £1,715 (lower wing centenary) 1 match only £87-£190
      Premier Club: £2,025 (upper centenary) Waiting lists for season tickets
      Centenary Club: £4,065 (Upholstered seat in the executive section of the Upper Centenary Stand) Waiting lists for season tickets
      Executive Club: £4,650 (Reserved Main stand seat) 1 match only £185-£199

Executive Box for the season costs £49,750 (plus VAT) per season

And can hold 10 people. Thrash out 5k+ each if you want lads.

Oh and heres the link...

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/tickets/hospitality/stadium
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #43: Feb 15, 2010 09:32:59 am
      I had a season ticket for around 7-8 seasons or so, majority of it being in Houlliers reign.

The season ticket wasn't in my family name and it belonged to a man who my dad knows who didn't want to go to the match anymore. This man is in his late fifties - early sixties and told my dad he thought he was getting abit old to be going the game and sitting in the cold and rain. This isn't the real reason though, it was simply because Liverpool werent title contenders.

As soon as we won the european cup, this man suddenly decided he wanted to go to the game again. Ok, fair enough, he hasn't been the match in years and hes bound to miss it like anybody would, but its frustrating that as soon as Liverpool look like turning a corner, he decides he wants to go again.

This season, due to our poor form, hes offered my dad around half of the league home matches so far. Only against the lesser teams though, the teams in the bottom half of the league. My dad pays for them at full price every time.

Point being, this man is nothing but a glory hunter and picks and chooses the games he wants to attend and unfortauntely there are thousands like him.

However, whether its right or wrong, i can fully understand why people do it. We all no somebody who wants a season ticket so why give the season ticket back to the club when you can keep it in your own name and pass it onto a relative or a friend? Then you obviously have the opportunity to go the match again whenever you feel like. We would all do the same and theres no way anybody on here would give up their season ticket when you might have to wait another 25 years to get one if not more.

Unfortauntely, things will never change until we move to a new stadium. If the capacity was 80,000 it would solve a lot of the ticket problems. The capacity will only be 60,000 though and i don't think it will change things all that much.

Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #44: Feb 15, 2010 10:00:22 am
      Ive had a season ticket for 5 years now which belonged to my uncle who had held it for approx 40 years before he died. When he passed away the ticket was passed on to me which i was obviously delighted about. I have since changed the ticket into my name.
      Im not saying i agree with the process but while the club allow this to happen i would have been daft not to take advantage of it.

Before i had my season ticket i would go to as many games as possible with my uncle but once the opportunity of a season ticket came along i would never have passed it up just so i could take the moral high ground.

I have friends who are ST holders at other clubs and they all allow STs to be passed on to family members/friends in the same way.

Again im not saying its right but its been like this for years and while it remains people will continue to take advantage ofit.
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #45: Feb 16, 2010 09:30:46 am
      This is why i've mentioned in some of my previous posts that i believe LFC issue far too many tickets to non-locals.

It doesn't matter where you sit in the ground, there will be a non-local within striking distance of you. They come from all over britain, europe, the world.

Now, I've been slated on the forum for commenting on this and giving my opinions, but if LFC turned them tickets into season tickets then the locals who have been waiting for a decade or longer might be in with a shout of finally getting one.

In my opinion, LFC should issue 5,000 tickets to non-locals a game and no more than that. At the moment they probably issue around 15,000, thats not a fact, its just my personal estimation. 15,000 is a third of the ground and i think thats far too much to hand out to people who may support more than one club, may have only supported liverpool for a season or two etc etc
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #46: Feb 16, 2010 03:23:24 pm
      Firstly you can buy a ticket for every game of the season at Anfield in the following places for the prices stated.

Reds: £1,715 (lower wing centenary) 1 match only £87-£190
      Premier Club: £2,025 (upper centenary) Waiting lists for season tickets
      Centenary Club: £4,065 (Upholstered seat in the executive section of the Upper Centenary Stand) Waiting lists for season tickets
      Executive Club: £4,650 (Reserved Main stand seat) 1 match only £185-£199

Executive Box for the season costs £49,750 (plus VAT) per season

And can hold 10 people. Thrash out 5k+ each if you want lads.

Oh and heres the link...

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/tickets/hospitality/stadium

No offence lad, but why would you want to spend that much just to go the game!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #47: Feb 16, 2010 04:35:32 pm
      I wouldnt spend that much.. I was posting in regards to someone saying get 10 people or whatever for the corporate package for the season :P

However... I did spend the 90quid per ticket for the Manure game back in October.. was well worth it. Use of the Reds Bar etc. I'd recommend this for like a once a season job... but not for every game. (plus you have to get them as soon as the fixture list comes out ;) )
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #48: Feb 16, 2010 05:49:52 pm
      For the last 5 years my season ticket has been in the Lower Centenary. I sat next to the same guy the entire time until December of last season when he seemed to vanish for some reason.
      He stopped going to the matches and his seat remained empty for the remainder of the season.
      I got to know him reasonably well so i know he also had a season ticket.
      This season he obviously never renewed his season ticket and there has been a differant person sitting in his seat at every match. A few games ago i asked the person sitting there how they got the ticket and they told they got it through the ticket exchange system.
      So it appears to me that the club have not passed it on to the next person on the waiting list for the purpose of selling the tickets individually for each match to obviously try and get more cash.
      Why else would they not pass it on. ???
      Murph
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts | 17 
      Reply #49: Feb 17, 2010 05:30:32 pm
      Don't forget, people moved into the Kop blocks, so the seats then go on the exchange where he was
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes
      • Started Topic

• 417 posts |
      Reply #50: Sep 09, 2011 10:36:08 pm
      Peeps I'd just thought I'd let you know out of courtesy as I don't use this forum anymore.

I bought a Season ticket today after missing the oppurtunity to transfer from the old waiting list to the new list which has a five pound admin fee. I was worried that I'd missed my chance to stay on the list as I was away when the transition took place. After sending letters and Emailing photos of letters to customer services I finally had a message on my phone today. At first I thought I was going to be transered to the new list but was gobsmacked when they offered me a season ticket for the Paddock. I first applied for one in September 1996.

Just thought I'd let you know to give you a measure of waiting that I have had to wait 15 years. I think they have cleared up the list and capped it at 25 thosand people now with the introduction of this new list. Unless they build a new stadium or extend Anfield, people are going to be waiting a long time. I've just looked at match tickets for sale and they are all sold out until end of december apart from restricted views against QPR. What ever happened to releasa few weeks before the match. Now they are already gobbled up. Why not give everyone a fancard number and ballot each week? People who get tickets in a ballot one week then could be left out the next fedw ballots until a full cycle of people have been to a match. What do you think about it all people.

Sorry about the username of El Nino as well as I do not know how to change my username.

Cheers.
      MikeyTattooed
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #51: Apr 26, 2018 07:11:48 pm
      I think it's stupid that if someone is a season ticket holder that doesn't or can't attend the games for what ever reason are allowed to pass it down to a friend or family member. In my eyes the season ticket is in your name and you are the one that has to attend, if you can't then you give it up. Something needs to be done! I can't even get myself on the waiting list and I'm 30 years old wanting to join the list! I know someone who couldn't attend the games because of a bad leg and gave it to his friend for the past 6 years! Someone who wasn't even on the waiting list and was lucky enough to get hold of one just like that! It's crazy and very unfair
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #52: Apr 26, 2018 10:00:28 pm
      I think it's stupid that if someone is a season ticket holder that doesn't or can't attend the games for what ever reason are allowed to pass it down to a friend or family member. In my eyes the season ticket is in your name and you are the one that has to attend, if you can't then you give it up. Something needs to be done! I can't even get myself on the waiting list and I'm 30 years old wanting to join the list! I know someone who couldn't attend the games because of a bad leg and gave it to his friend for the past 6 years! Someone who wasn't even on the waiting list and was lucky enough to get hold of one just like that! It's crazy and very unfair

I agree there will be hundreds if not thousands of season ticket holders that haven’t been to anfield in years. I talked to a guy once who had 6!
      What happens is they get passed through families so when grampa calls it a day it goes to the son/grandson whatever. Not fair in my opinion. Whenever proposals come about that would improve accessibility they get arsey because it doesn’t suit them. Suppose the club hold the solution but, anfield should be 70,000 minimum it’s mad that thousands upon thousands of people can’t go watch Liverpool for love nor money. Look around games at anfield as well and count how many young faces you see they are few and far, the club has to think about who’s going to be coming to anfield in 30years time not just those that have been going for 30 years
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #53: Apr 27, 2018 03:24:52 am
      Bring back pay at the gate (turnstyle),get in the queue and have fun with the coppers on the horses.Oh and while you are at it bring back standing on the KOP.Do that and do away with season tickets.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #54: May 22, 2018 04:21:57 pm
      Renewed for another season!!

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #55: May 22, 2018 09:18:21 pm

Where's yours again mate? 207?

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #56: May 23, 2018 12:12:06 pm
      I think season tickets are ok but what is not ok is that people use the season tickets to make a profit by "lending" them to other fans. Season tickets should operate more on a first refusal preferential basis where if you can't make it to the game yourself then that ticket goes into a pot where other fans can buy or bid for it. That would be more profitable for the club and would allow more fans to go to the game rather that just mates of mates or some poor f**ker getting fleeced.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #57: May 23, 2018 06:36:37 pm

Next one across bud 208
      RedWilly

• 9,177 posts | 1630 
      Reply #58: May 23, 2018 10:48:34 pm
      I think season tickets are ok but what is not ok is that people use the season tickets to make a profit by "lending" them to other fans. Season tickets should operate more on a first refusal preferential basis where if you can't make it to the game yourself then that ticket goes into a pot where other fans can buy or bid for it. That would be more profitable for the club and would allow more fans to go to the game rather that just mates of mates or some poor f**ker getting fleeced.

I would agree but that’s normally how I get match tickets, through a couple of mates who have season tickets, get lent out if they’re not being used.

I seem to recall the club did a big tidy up of the waiting list when FSG took over, not sure how successful that was.

Quick Reply