Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you pay £17m for Mascherano ?

Yes
      (91.2%)
      No
      (4.4%)
      Buy someone else
      (4.4%)

Javier Mascherano (FC Barcelona)

Read 249849 times
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: Javier Mascherano (FC Barcelona)
      Reply #1518: Mar 13, 2011 12:18:08 am
      And it all goes to the wayside when you refuse to take the pitch for your team.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #1519: Mar 13, 2011 01:55:06 am
      And it all goes to the wayside when you refuse to take the pitch for your team.

I still don't believe this line totally, as I've said previously when you look who was running the club at the time and I'm not talking about Project Owl, it wouldn't surprise me if the snake in Cuban heels made sure he didn't play so his transfer to Barca went through.

We still needed the cash at that time.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #1520: Apr 12, 2011 10:02:05 pm
      What a superb piece of business by Barcelona to deny Real Madrid the chance to rekindle his partnership with Alonso again.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1521: May 05, 2011 06:05:07 pm
      Mascherano: This is why I left Liverpool

Javier Mascherano's decision to leave Liverpool has been justified by Barcelona reaching the Champions League final.

The Argentinean midfielder forced his way out of Anfield last summer for a move to the Nou Camp.

And despite not playing as regularly as he did with the Reds, Mascherano insists he has no regrets leaving Merseyside.

"I know from personal experience how hard it is to get to the Champions League final, because I did it and lost with Liverpool," the 26-year-old was quoted as saying in The Daily Mirror newspaper.

"The feeling of doing it here is really good - it's why I wanted to come here."

Mascherano was thrown into the central defender role for both legs of Barcelona's Champions League semi-final success against Real Madrid and played a major part in keeping Cristiano Ronaldo at bay.

But he admitted his fellow Argentine Lionel Messi, the scorer of two goals in the first leg, was the real star of the show.

"This was just another demonstration by Leo that he wears the crown and it's going to be very difficult for anyone to take it off him," said Mascherano.

"He is making history and I think he is on course to prove he's the best of all time."

Masherano has made 40 appearances for the Catalan giants since his arrival last August and is still awaiting his first Barcelona goal.

http://www.espnstar.com/football/primera-liga/news/detail/item617683/Mascherano:-This-is-why-I-left-Liverpool/

Not like he played any huge part in Barca's road to the final. He's been a bit part player since his arrival, starting usually against lesser teams or when Barca have injuries/suspensions and don't think he started (other than at CB due to injuries/suspensions) in the big games.

Hope to see "This is why I should not have left Liverpool" in May 2012.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1522: May 05, 2011 06:23:03 pm
      He hasn't set the world on fire at the Nou Camp but they are in the Euro cup final which at the moment we can only dream about.
      Nevertheless he is in the best place for a player who is not 100% committed to LFC and that is elsewhere.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #1523: May 05, 2011 06:25:33 pm
      Been labelled a cheat by Ronaldo, you know he's sunk low now :D He was pathetic with his diving in the match against them though.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #1524: May 05, 2011 07:43:14 pm
      F**k off u little runt,u wont play in the final and will probably sold in the summer.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1525: May 05, 2011 07:44:13 pm
      Good luck for the final Masch!  :)

Hope you get a good seat.  >:D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1526: May 05, 2011 11:35:38 pm
      Good luck for the final Masch!  :)

Hope you get a good seat.  >:D

:D

Yep, at least he gets a free ticket to Wembley.  ;)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1527: May 06, 2011 08:44:32 am
      :D

Yep, at least he gets a free ticket to Wembley.  ;)

His wife won't be coming, she may get home sick.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1528: May 06, 2011 08:47:15 am

Javier Mascherano's decision to leave Liverpool has been justified by Barcelona reaching the Champions League final.

The Argentinean midfielder forced his way out of Anfield last summer for a move to the Nou Camp.

And despite not playing as regularly as he did with the Reds, Mascherano insists he has no regrets leaving Merseyside.

"I know from personal experience how hard it is to get to the Champions League final, because I did it and lost with Liverpool," the 26-year-old was quoted as saying in The Daily Mirror newspaper.

Mascherano was thrown into the central defender role for both legs of Barcelona's Champions League semi-final success against Real Madrid and played a major part in keeping Cristiano Ronaldo at bay.

But he admitted his fellow Argentine Lionel Messi, the scorer of two goals in the first leg, was the real star of the show.

"This was just another demonstration by Leo that he wears the crown and it's going to be very difficult for anyone to take it off him," said Mascherano.

"He is making history and I think he is on course to prove he's the best of all time."

Masherano has made 40 appearances for the Catalan giants since his arrival last August and is still awaiting his first Barcelona goal.

http://www.espnstar.com/football/primera-liga/news/detail/item617683/Mascherano:-This-is-why-I-left-Liverpool/

Not like he played any huge part in Barca's road to the final. He's been a bit part player since his arrival, starting usually against lesser teams or when Barca have injuries/suspensions and don't think he started (other than at CB due to injuries/suspensions) in the big games.

c**t. Just keep whoring your self.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1529: May 06, 2011 09:15:19 am

Where were you, where were you, where were you in Istanbul!

Five times motherfucker. Gonna be six not too far away either.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #1530: May 06, 2011 04:27:51 pm
      Good luck in the final masch.

Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #1531: May 26, 2011 09:49:51 am
      Was said to have wanted to beat Man Utd for the Liverpool fans.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1532: May 26, 2011 09:54:41 am

As a person with a lisp, I kinda feel offended.  :D :P
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1533: May 26, 2011 10:05:19 am

Clath.  :lmao:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1534: May 26, 2011 10:09:38 am

Exthellent !!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1535: May 26, 2011 10:10:20 am
      Dont think he will start
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1536: May 26, 2011 11:14:41 am
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #1537: May 27, 2011 06:55:03 pm
      Hopefully he will come on and clobber Rooney out of the stadium.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #1538: May 27, 2011 07:06:49 pm
      Hopefully he will come on and clobber Rooney out of the stadium.
      Pretty sure he'll start can't see why not.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1539: May 27, 2011 07:33:33 pm
      Instead of who, everyone is fit, talking to a Barc fan the other day doesn't think he will start, thinks the big question is whether Abidal will start at left back
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #1540: May 27, 2011 07:36:00 pm
      Heard Puyol will be at LB with Mash and Pique at CB

Is Abidal 100%?

Quick Reply