Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you pay £17m for Mascherano ?

Yes
      (91.2%)
      No
      (4.4%)
      Buy someone else
      (4.4%)

Javier Mascherano (FC Barcelona)

Read 249266 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Javier Mascherano (FC Barcelona)
      Reply #1541: May 27, 2011 07:41:52 pm
      If Masch starts its gonna be as a DM, doesn't make sense to play him as CB while they have Busquets, a much taller player.

Anyway I don't expect him to start, but if he does, just please don't get yourself sent off against the Mancs again, Masch. Thank you
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1542: May 27, 2011 08:07:47 pm
      I think they will play Abidal there Mascherano won't start defensive midfield ahead of Busquets
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #1543: May 28, 2011 10:04:38 pm
      Thought he played well tonight
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #1544: May 28, 2011 10:07:24 pm
      Just heard what he said on Sky, went back up in my estimation.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #1545: May 28, 2011 10:10:10 pm
      Mascherano: "I know LFC supporters will be sad about my exit, but this is for them as well".

Well, I forgive him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1546: May 28, 2011 10:25:16 pm
      Well don't the posters above feel silly now :D

He played and played pretty well for a midfielder in defence.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1547: May 28, 2011 10:37:05 pm
      Well said Javier i love you again.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #1548: May 29, 2011 01:28:37 am
      Thought he played really well at centre back considering that is not his position as well.

Thanks, Mascherano. All is forgiven! :laugh:
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #1549: May 29, 2011 07:22:20 am
      Pretty sure he'll start can't see why not.
      Ahem.

Well in Masch, never held anything agianst you!
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #1550: May 29, 2011 11:24:31 am
      Had a bit of rant at masch when he ditched us and being a c**t ,all is forgiven for last night ,well in masch and fook me i bet that was the easisest nights work he,s ever had.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1551: May 31, 2011 07:52:29 am
      Thought he played really well at centre back considering that is not his position as well.

Masch said that  :f_doh:   Wow nice one Masch.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1552: Feb 17, 2014 11:58:21 am
      I did not wake up one day and refuse to play" - Javier Mascherano breaks silence on rumours
      Javier Mascherano has revealed he did not refuse to play for the Reds ahead of his £22m move to Barcelona.

It was thought the former Liverpool midfielder refused to run out for the club against Manchester City in August 2010, just a week before he completed his transfer to Camp Nou.

Roy Hodgson, who was manager at the time, criticised Mascherano for his attitude and accused him of creating a “selfish situation”.

But Mascherano was keen to put the record straight.

“I did not wake up one day and refuse to play,” he said in a newspaper interview.

“In the game before City we played against Arsenal and I gave everything because I was wearing the Liverpool shirt.

“Why would I do that and risk getting injured when I knew that Barcelona were close to signing me and then refused to play in another game.

“That doesn't make sense.”

Mascherano was a Kop hero in his three-and-a-half years at Anfield after joining from West Ham in February 2007.

And he does not regret keeping the silence on his situation out of respect for the Reds.

“I didn't want to say anything at the time because of my respect for Liverpool,” he said.

“I did not want to say anything about a club that had been so good for me, so I kept my mouth shut.

“Maybe that was a mistake, because it allowed other people to say bad things about me.             

“But I do not regret it. Liverpool is a special club and it does not deserve to be treated badly.”

Speaking in the aftermath of that 3-0 defeat to Manchester City in August 2010, Hodgson deflected attention towards the midfielder.

“It is not easy for me to defend the actions [of Mascherano] because professionals are paid to play and when they are called on to play, they play,” said Hodgson.

"It is just a selfish situation that they have got something they want to do and they just expect the club, and therefore you as one of the leaders of the club, to bow down and accept that they are going to do it.

"Unfortunately there are going to be periods of time when there will be some unpleasantness because players must also understand that when you sign contracts you sign contracts to play.

Mascherano, who was a driving force behind the Reds' run to the 2007 Champions League final, also accused Hodgson of breaking promises.

“The people who were there at the time – the manager and [former managing director] Christian Purslow – have gone now but they know the truth.

“When I went back to Liverpool for pre-season I had a lot of meetings with them and they were promising a lot of things to me but they never kept their word.”

Mascherano also said the club had been in talks for 20 days before they started to “make things difficult” for him.

He said: “I wanted to leave in another way, but they never gave me the chance to.”

“That is the truth. It left me with a bad feeling.

“My time at the club was over and I needed to move on, but I also needed to leave the club in a good way and that wasn't allowed to happen.”

Link

Sorry for the poor post, I just can't get the damn thing to work properly.

« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2014 01:16:40 pm by JD »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1553: Feb 17, 2014 02:31:51 pm
      Sorted. I think it was the quotation mark next to the news= that confused the code.
      « Last Edit: Feb 17, 2014 07:29:18 pm by RedPuppy »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1554: Feb 17, 2014 06:13:09 pm
      I did not wake up one day and refuse to play" - Javier Mascherano breaks silence on rumours
      Javier Mascherano has revealed he did not refuse to play for the Reds ahead of his £22m move to Barcelona.
      It was thought the former Liverpool midfielder refused to run out for the club against Manchester City in August 2010, just a week before he completed his transfer to Camp Nou.
      Roy Hodgson, who was manager at the time, criticised Mascherano for his attitude and accused him of creating a “selfish situation”.
      But Mascherano was keen to put the record straight.
      “I did not wake up one day and refuse to play,” he said in a newspaper interview.
      “In the game before City we played against Arsenal and I gave everything because I was wearing the Liverpool shirt.
      “Why would I do that and risk getting injured when I knew that Barcelona were close to signing me and then refused to play in another game.
      “That doesn't make sense.”
      Mascherano was a Kop hero in his three-and-a-half years at Anfield after joining from West Ham in February 2007.
      And he does not regret keeping the silence on his situation out of respect for the Reds.
      “I didn't want to say anything at the time because of my respect for Liverpool,” he said.
      “I did not want to say anything about a club that had been so good for me, so I kept my mouth shut.
      “Maybe that was a mistake, because it allowed other people to say bad things about me.             “But I do not regret it. Liverpool is a special club and it does not deserve to be treated badly.”
      Speaking in the aftermath of that 3-0 defeat to Manchester City in August 2010, Hodgson deflected attention towards the midfielder.
      “It is not easy for me to defend the actions [of Mascherano] because professionals are paid to play and when they are called on to play, they play,” said Hodgson.
      "It is just a selfish situation that they have got something they want to do and they just expect the club, and therefore you as one of the leaders of the club, to bow down and accept that they are going to do it.

"Unfortunately there are going to be periods of time when there will be some unpleasantness because players must also understand that when you sign contracts you sign contracts to play.
      Mascherano, who was a driving force behind the Reds' run to the 2007 Champions League final, also accused Hodgson of breaking promises.
      “The people who were there at the time – the manager and [former managing director] Christian Purslow – have gone now but they know the truth.
      “When I went back to Liverpool for pre-season I had a lot of meetings with them and they were promising a lot of things to me but they never kept their word.”
      Mascherano also said the club had been in talks for 20 days before they started to “make things difficult” for him.
      He said: “I wanted to leave in another way, but they never gave me the chance to.”
      “That is the truth. It left me with a bad feeling.
      “My time at the club was over and I needed to move on, but I also needed to leave the club in a good way and that wasn't allowed to happen.”

Link

I would take the word of Mascherano  over Hodgson and the snakes who were running our club every time.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1555: Feb 17, 2014 06:21:49 pm

Link

What do you mean poor post?? Excellent read and thanks for posting Katica.

As Billy said Hodgson was as culpable as the other wreckers who were destroying our club at that time while spreading lies about the true servants of LFC.

YNWA Masche
      « Last Edit: Feb 17, 2014 06:50:44 pm by stuey »
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #1556: Feb 17, 2014 07:27:50 pm
      What do you mean poor post?? Excellent read and thanks for posting Katica.

As Billy said Hodgson was as culpable as the other wreckers who were destroying our club at that time while spreading lies about the true servants of LFC.

YNWA Masche

Stuey, Kate had some formating problems, not content problems.

That's what she was apologising for. :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1557: Feb 17, 2014 07:29:14 pm
      loved the little guy his attitude, energy and commitment are what is missing at times in our central midfield.He was a monster.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1558: Feb 17, 2014 08:32:29 pm
      Stuey, Kate had some formating problems, not content problems.

That's what she was apologising for. :)

Ar right, so that's what they call women's problems yeah?
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1559: Feb 17, 2014 08:39:43 pm
      Ar right, so that's what they call women's problems yeah?

;D
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1560: Feb 18, 2014 04:58:28 am
      it's happened with all the players from this time who were forced out in one way or another.. all pretty much to do with money.. reina, torres, mascher.. when there is a little club v player row going on the club will always try and get it out there that the player is doing something wrong, to get the fans to stay with the club. the clubs are the bigger powers that can dictate how we think through the media. usually. but we are not stupid, we can see there have been some dark sad days the past few years. all should be changing for the better under BR though.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #1561: Feb 21, 2014 04:20:03 pm
      Would love him back. I knew Hodgson fu**ed this up, what a joke of manager. Now he is going to be found out big time in the summer when we lose every single game....
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1562: Sep 29, 2015 11:16:18 am
      Barcelona: Javier Mascherano charged with tax fraud
      Barcelona's Argentina international Javier Mascherano has been charged with two counts of defrauding the Spanish tax authorities of a total of more than 1.5 million euros (£1.109m).

Mascherano is alleged to have sought to conceal earnings from his image rights by using companies set up in the United States and Portugal.

A Spanish judge must rule on whether the Mascherano case should go to trial.

The midfielder, 31, joined Barca from Liverpool in August 2010 for £17.25m.

Mascherano is accused of defrauding the authorities of 587,822.01 euros (£434,681) in 2011 and 968,907.76 (£716,485.74) in 2012.

Mascherano, who made no immediate public comment on the charges, this month paid the money owed plus almost 200,000 euros (£147,895) interest, the public prosecutor's office said.

Local media reported this could work in his favour if he is found guilty.

Mascherano's Barcelona and Argentina team mate Lionel Messi and his father, Jorge, has been caught up in a similar case involving earnings from image rights.

They have denied they have done anything wrong.

The parents of Barcelona forward Neymar have denied their son has done anything wrong after a judge formally accused the player of evading taxes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34385113
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1563: Dec 04, 2015 05:25:43 pm
      12 months in prison?

Quick Reply