Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you pay Ā£17m for Mascherano ?

Yes
      (91.2%)
      No
      (4.4%)
      Buy someone else
      (4.4%)

Javier Mascherano (FC Barcelona)

Read 249273 times
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Re: The Javier Mascherano thread
      Reply #23: Feb 01, 2007 09:07:02 am
      How full of there own self-importance are the Premier league? FIFA the world governing body say all is okay with the Mascherano deal and he is free to join us but our own League says it needs to ā€œtake time to satisfy itself with the proposed arrangementsā€ they have all the documents he is our player but he cant play till he gets the all clear from Jurassic Park! Im sorry but the red tape just gives me a headache and I wonder how much help we would of got off the Premier League if FIFA would have turned us down?
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #24: Feb 01, 2007 09:53:41 am
      How full of there own self-importance are the Premier league? FIFA the world governing body say all is okay with the Mascherano deal and he is free to join us but our own League says it needs to ā€œtake time to satisfy itself with the proposed arrangementsā€ they have all the documents he is our player but he cant play till he gets the all clear from Jurassic Park! Im sorry but the red tape just gives me a headache and I wonder how much help we would of got off the Premier League if FIFA would have turned us down?

Didnt someone once say that its all run by old farts who couldnt play the game bla bla bla. Sporting politics is all run by power tripping old farts from the grass roots up, who all have their own agendas. Unfortunately everyone has to put up with the buracracy of it because noone else wants to have the hassle of running things and they think this can justify incompetant and arrogant behavior. Having said that though EPL are arrogant and really do need a dressing down from UEFA and or FIFA if the world governing body says its ok we shouldnt need this debarcle, just another way for the league to squeeze more money out of the club with legal costs and other bullshit.
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #25: Feb 02, 2007 01:03:49 pm
      Withh all the takeover talk forgot about Masch, has the EPL sactioned it ?
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #26: Feb 02, 2007 01:10:17 pm
      After the Queen agrees we get a dispensation from the Pope, Kofi Annan holds a meeting and the man from Del Monte says yes.
      Mascherano will be able to play for the reds. But only on the third Saturday of each month and the Ref must have blue eyes and is a Capricorn!

No thereā€™s no news yet mate.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #27: Feb 02, 2007 01:42:32 pm
      FIFA gave clearance for him to play for Liverpool but he's not officially moved yet.

Liverpool will have to wait before being given the green light to field Javier Mascherano after the Premier League opted to take a closer look at the details of the transfer from West Ham.

The Argentine midfielder was give special dispensation by Fifa to make the move to Anfield, as he had already played for two clubs competitively over a one-year period between 1st July and 30th June the following year - The Hammers and Corinthians.

After being given approval to sign Mascherano by Fifa, Liverpool submitted the player's registration documents to the Premier League ahead of the midnight transfer deadline but they are being made to wait on the deal.

"The Premier League can confirm that, in accordance with its rules, Javier Mascherano's registration documents were received from Liverpool FC prior to the transfer window closing," said a statement from the Premier League.

"While Liverpool have met the required deadline the Premier League board, consistent with its powers in this matter, has decided to take time to satisfy itself with the proposed arrangements before the registration can be effected and the player permitted to play for Liverpool FC.

"The board will consider the terms of the registration as quickly as possible and notify the parties involved of its decision accordingly."
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #28: Feb 02, 2007 03:40:13 pm
      After the Queen agrees we get a dispensation from the Pope, Kofi Annan holds a meeting and the man from Del Monte says yes.
      Mascherano will be able to play for the reds. But only on the third Saturday of each month and the Ref must have blue eyes and is a Capricorn!

No thereā€™s no news yet mate.

:laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:

priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #29: Feb 02, 2007 03:50:50 pm
      anybody see the news that now we have his regisstration the EPL can look into his transfer from brazil and if anything dodgy has gone on west ham are going to have points deducted???
      hound
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 336 posts | -2 
      Reply #30: Feb 02, 2007 05:08:00 pm
      yeah just seen thatm not sure if that will muck up things with us though ???
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #31: Feb 02, 2007 10:12:01 pm
      Well done priesty10, that was the last I heard. I think that 'waste ham' ( while we're on the subject of spam) are in deep sh*t over this one for some reason but it won't reflect on any deal LFC have done, Masch will be a Red soon enough. He will bring as much bite as Mommo with the guile of Xabi. Not so sure about his stamina though ?
      can anyone comment on his staying power for the Prem ?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #32: Feb 02, 2007 10:30:05 pm
      anybody see the news that now we have his regisstration the EPL can look into his transfer from brazil and if anything dodgy has gone on west ham are going to have points deducted???

is just a coincidence that Wigan lodged the complaint with the PL or might their league postion have something to do with it? :-\ :-\
      evadbur
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 43 posts |
      Reply #33: Feb 07, 2007 06:35:42 pm
      So what's happening then? Are the PL going to wait until the summer to give their decision?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #34: Feb 09, 2007 08:38:17 pm
      So what's happening then? Are the PL going to wait until the summer to give their decision?

All most Rafa is hoping to hear by Monday whether Mascherano can play for Liverpool but which Monday
      DoDoo
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #35: Feb 10, 2007 01:30:20 pm
      Mascherano is a superb player.. ( I am new in this forum. I am from Turkey) Hi everybody..
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #36: Feb 10, 2007 01:47:07 pm
      Mascherano is a superb player.. ( I am new in this forum. I am from Turkey) Hi everybody..

welcome mate, happy memories of Istanbul !!!
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #37: Feb 11, 2007 01:13:47 pm
      Welcome to the forum mate.
      And ah yes the happy memories of Istanbul. :D
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #38: Jun 16, 2007 12:54:39 am
      Good to dig up these oldie topics occasionally.  So more people thought he would be a bench warmer or back at West Ham soon than a Liverpool hit eh.

He's been brilliant.  You can see him disappearing for a huge fee abroad next summer though.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #39: Jun 22, 2007 11:18:17 am
      Good to dig up these oldie topics occasionally.  So more people thought he would be a bench warmer or back at West Ham soon than a Liverpool hit eh.

He's been brilliant.  You can see him disappearing for a huge fee abroad next summer though.

hopefully not, we need to make this permanent asap.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #40: Jun 22, 2007 12:03:32 pm
      thought we've already agreed a fee with who ever owns him for when the loan finish's?

I thought we paid 2.5m for the 18month loan with a fee of around 10.5m if we wanted to sign him after that???
      amemon
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #41: Jun 22, 2007 04:35:43 pm
      a big big signing
      i guess
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #42: Jun 24, 2007 02:20:15 am

We did at your capital city something that only two teams in the world have achieved. Brilliant memories tushukr!
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #43: Jun 24, 2007 05:34:20 pm
      I believe he plays his first game next week in the Copa America.  Might make some interesting viewing that tournament.

Sure he will impress. He always seems to really stand out playing for the national side.
      liam158
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts | -4 
      Reply #44: Jun 28, 2007 11:32:43 am
      Do think this West Ham fan is a tad upset? Never mind eh  :o
      haha in the transfer window west ham offered 17m + mullins. so F**k off westham
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #45: Aug 26, 2007 11:28:07 am
      Is Mascherano no second fiddle to Momo and Xabi? I think he'll get his chance, reason he's not playing much is down to him playing every game in Copa America. He gives us better balance than any other midfielder we have right now. Also helps us keep another 5, 10% possesion which Momo doesn't give us.

Quick Reply