Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Summer transfers 2009

Read 13846 times
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Summer transfers 2009
      May 26, 2009 01:40:16 pm
      I noticed there was one of these threads in January, so I thought it was time we had one for summer, seeing as the first major transfer has just been completed.

Juventus sign Diego from Werder (£21.5m)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/26/diego-juventus-werder-bremen

Juventus have signed the Brazilian playmaker Diego from Werder Bremen for €24.5m (£21.5m) on a five-year deal, the Serie A club said on Tuesday.

Diego had two years left on his contract with the Bundesliga side but had made it clear that he wanted a new challenge and today's news from Turin came as no surprise. Diego has been one of the most talented players in the Bundesliga since joining from Porto in 2006. He has scored 12 goals in 21 league games this season - a campaign truncated by injuries - and has 33 caps for Brazil.

"Juventus football club announces the agreement for the acquisition of the registration rights of the player Diego," the Turin club said in a statement. "The acquisition has been finalised. Juventus and the player have signed a five-year contract starting from July 1, 2009."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brilliant player but not too sure about the price tag
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Summer transfers 2009
      Reply #1: May 26, 2009 01:51:46 pm
      Didn't realise that deal had been done. I'm guessing we're not putting rumours in here just actual completed transfers?
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #2: May 26, 2009 01:53:17 pm
      Yes its official. The deal is completed and now Diego will play for Juventus next season, to replace their retiring Nedved I think.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #3: May 26, 2009 02:08:53 pm
      The positive of this is Juve will shut up shop and will not buy big any more, so I think any speculation linking them to Silva is in the water.

The downside 24 mill Euros for a player of this calibre, and here we are offering 22 for that Lavezzi lad???
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #4: May 26, 2009 02:11:55 pm
      Diego is a very good player, it will be interesting to see how he gets on in Italy. The Bundesliga can be very flattering to players eg. Voronin!

No need for Juve to go after Xabi now if there was any real interest there.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #5: May 26, 2009 03:07:01 pm
      Interesting to see how he does, he flopped bad when he was at Porto yet in Germany and Bremen he fit into the system like a glove.  Juventus really need to bring in some fresh blood to the team and this will put them out of the Silva race.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: May 26, 2009 03:23:33 pm
      Interesting to see how he does, he flopped bad when he was at Porto yet in Germany and Bremen he fit into the system like a glove.  Juventus really need to bring in some fresh blood to the team and this will put them out of the Silva race.

Yeah it will be interesting, he seems as if he's one those players that you couldn't really cement into a certain position. I'm not sure where his best position is to be honest, CM, behind the striker, on the wings, free role...
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #7: May 26, 2009 05:03:30 pm
      I think a player like Diego for him to be truly effective you need to give him the free role and to help run the attack.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #8: May 26, 2009 08:11:01 pm
      Just saw on Fifa then that there is a confirmed move of Mario Gomez from Stuttgart to Bayern Munich.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #9: May 26, 2009 09:00:27 pm
      Does that mean either Toni or Klose are going to be sold?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #10: May 26, 2009 09:33:56 pm
      Does that mean either Toni or Klose are going to be sold?

Could well mean that, or Donovan or maybe Podolski.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #11: May 26, 2009 09:51:41 pm

Wasn't there talk of Podolski leaving in January.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #12: May 26, 2009 09:57:42 pm
      I've just seen on Sky Sports too that Juninho from Lyon played his last game for the club on Saturday and so he will be a free agent this summer.

Quality player but getting on now at the age of 34. It will be interesting to see where he ends up though.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #13: May 26, 2009 10:49:29 pm

Donovan never was offered a deal so he is back in LA Galaxy and I believe that Lukas will be going back to FC Koln on July first.
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #14: May 26, 2009 11:09:05 pm
      I've just seen on Sky Sports too that Juninho from Lyon played his last game for the club on Saturday and so he will be a free agent this summer.

Quality player but getting on now at the age of 34. It will be interesting to see where he ends up though.

another gary mac for us maybe? cant complain if he's a free agent
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #15: May 26, 2009 11:24:58 pm
      Juninho can end in a club like Fiorentina or Everton or Werder or Sevilla.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #16: May 27, 2009 12:22:17 am
      Juninho is well past it now, I can see him going back to Brazil to Vasco or Sport
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #17: May 27, 2009 03:21:05 am
      Aaron Mokoena has agreed to move to Portsmouth from Blackburn in the summer.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5346711,00.html
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #18: May 27, 2009 07:05:48 am
      Good news for Aaron,this will better his chances of playing in the world cup.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #19: May 27, 2009 07:49:37 am
      Is he not Sth Africa's captain??
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #20: May 27, 2009 07:16:50 pm
      Is he not Sth Africa's captain??

"The South Africa captain made his final appearance for Rovers..."
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #21: May 27, 2009 10:41:34 pm
      Mustafi moves to Everton (Free transfer)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5350819,00.html

Everton have pulled off a coup after agreeing a pre-contract deal with Hamburg's young defender Shkodran Mustafi.

The teenager, who has come through the youth ranks at Hamburg, will officially join the Toffees on 1st July when the transfer window re-opens.

Everton do not have to pay a transfer fee for the Germany Under-17 international, but Fifa training compensation will be applicable.

Mustafi has agreed a three-year contract with the Merseysiders and will now link up with their reserve squad in July.

The stopper, who has previously revealed it is his dream to play in the Premier League, joined Everton due to "The Chosen One"' willingness to blood youngsters in his first team.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #22: May 29, 2009 12:27:16 pm
      Not quite a done deal yet, but looks like it's 99% there.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5353784,00.html

Yuri Zhirkov to Chelsea (£18.6m)

Chelsea are reported to have finalised the capture of Russian international Yuri Zhirkov for £18.6million.

The Blues are known to have been long-term admirers of the 25-year-old, who can play anywhere down the left side.

One of Zhirkov's representatives is quoted in his homeland as stating that the CKSA Moscow man has already put pen-to-paper on a four-year deal.

It is believed that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich personally brokered the deal with CSKA owner, and close friend, Evgeny Giner.

Chelsea's interim boss Guus Hiddink, who is leaving Stamford Bridge in the summer, has fully backed the move, as he knows all about the player from his role as Russian coach.

Hiddink feels Zhirkov is a huge talent, saying: "I know that Yuri is not just a nice person but one of the best attacking left sided players in the world."

CSKA always knew that Chelsea, who say it is currently paper talk, wanted Zhirkov and coach Zico admitted he would fit in well at Stamford Bridge.

"I will not stand in the way of this transfer," said Zico earlier this month.

"A player of Zhirkov's quality could very well play in the English Premier League.

"I see him as a player in the London club's starting XI."
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #23: May 29, 2009 02:41:10 pm
      I am surprised they are going to be buying players before a new manager is even put into place. I watch some of the Russian league this year since Setanta has coverage of it here in Canada. He looks a very good player in Russia and I believe he was on team of Euro 2008 in the summer. I assume he could be a replacement for Malouda who really flopped bad in his first two years.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #24: May 29, 2009 07:08:57 pm
      It is quite weird though considering Malouda has shone during the end of this season, he looks like a completely different player. They do need cover though for Cole, and maybe we will be seeing the back of Malouda then?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #25: May 30, 2009 04:16:55 am
      I wouldn't Malouda has shone during Gus time at Chelsea, he is playing better simply because before that he has be awful. He never got to the same kind of form that he had when he played for Lyon unlike Essin who fit in to the team and league like a glove also coming from Lyon.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #26: May 30, 2009 10:39:38 pm
      Genoa snap up Crespo (Free transfer)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5355616,00.html

Genoa have completed the signing of Argentinian star Hernan Crespo from Inter Milan.

Club president Enrico Preziosi met with the 33-year-old's agent, Fernando Hidalgo, on Friday to finalise the negotiations.

And later that day Preziosi confirmed that Genoa had signed the former Lazio, Parma and Chelsea striker on a two-year deal.

"It's an important signing, we're very happy," he said. "Crespo is a great player, a serious lad who we've been following for a long time."

Crespo has been recognised as one of the top strikers in Europe over the last decade but had become a bit-part player for Inter this season after falling behind Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Mario Balotelli and Adriano in the pecking order.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #27: May 31, 2009 05:50:40 am
      Aguero all set for Chelsea move

Atletico Madrid favourite Sergio Aguero looks set to join Chelsea according to newspaper reports in England.

The Daily Mail tabloid has revealed that the Argentina international is ready to reject the advances of Italian giants Inter Milan - who are coached by former Blues boss Jose Mourinho - in favour of a massive 50million pounds move to the Barclays Premier League.

Aguerro has enjoyed a stellar season with Atletico, bagging 21 goals in a campaign that culminated in the Vicente Calderon outfit qualifying for next season's Champions League competition thanks to their 3-0 success against Almeria on Saturday.

Besides Inter, news of Aguero's apparently imminent departure for Chelsea is also sure to disappoint Premier League moneybags Manchester City who had been keen to secure the striker's services.

Aguero's arrival in England is likely to coincide with Chelsea's appointment of Italian Carlo Ancelotti as their new coach and comes only weeks after Aguero seemingly committed his future to Atletico.

"People can think what they want but the club and I know very well what we want," the forward said last month.

"It's the club that will decide whether or not I stay. I have always said that Atletico Madrid have always treated me very well and the club knows that I want to continue here.

Not sure how reliable that source is.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #28: May 31, 2009 05:53:22 am
      There's one way to find out. Be right back.

It's not on talkaloadofbull.com, so it must have some credability.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #29: Jun 01, 2009 09:36:56 pm
      Italy international Fabio Quagliarella has joined Napoli from Udinese in a five-year deal.

The 26-year-old was Udinese's top scorer during the 2008/09 campaign with 13 goals.

He will play under coach Roberto Donadoni at Napoli, the former Italy boss who selected Quagliarella to play at Euro 2008.

"I am very happy," said Quagliarella. "This is what I wanted.

"This is a dream come true.

"I have always been a Napoli supporter."

Napoli endured a disappointing season last term, finishing 12th in the Serie A standings with 12 wins collected in 38 games.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #30: Jun 01, 2009 10:41:21 pm
      ^^^^^
      I signed him on FM 08 when I was managing West Ham. He won worst signing of the season :lmao:
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #31: Jun 01, 2009 11:11:38 pm
      ^^^^^
      I signed him on FM 08 when I was managing West Ham. He won worst signing of the season :lmao:

It is written. That, coupled with the 'I've always been a Napoli supporter' comment can only mean one thing. He'll be back at Spurs before the end of the season ::) :D
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #32: Jun 01, 2009 11:37:09 pm
      Pellegrini named as new Real Madrid coach
      By Soccernet staff
      June 1, 2009
      Real Madrid have confirmed they have reached an agreement with Villarreal for Manuel Pellegrini to become their new coach.

The 55-year-old, who lists Argentinian giants River Plate amongst his former clubs, will be officially presented on Tuesday at midday local time at the Santiago Bernabeu.

A statement from Real Madrid read: "Real Madrid and Manuel Pellegrini have reached a deal for the Chilean coach to be the first team head coach during the forthcoming season.''

Spanish media reported that Real would pay Villarreal €4million in compensation.

Pellegrini, who has been in charge of Villarreal since 2004 and had a year left on his contract with the Yellow Submarine, will replace Juande Ramos in the Madrid hotseat.

Ramos was installed as interim boss on a six-month contract when he took over from Bernd Schuster in December and had a mixed spell in charge. In La Liga he guided Madrid to a remarkable run where Los Blancos picked up 52 from a possible 54 points to close the gap on leaders Barcelona.

However, his side also lost 6-2 at home to arch-rivals Barca, who eventually won the title, and suffered a 5-0 aggregate defeat to Liverpool in the last 16 of the Champions League, a tournament also won by Barca as part of an historic trophy treble.

Pellegrini is now the man who has been tasked with closing the gap to the Catalan club and fulfilling the goal of new Madrid president Florentino Perez to get the fallen Spanish giants back amongst the world elite.

Perez was unveiled as the club's new president on Monday and hinted he would bring back the galacticos era he was famous for during his first stint in charge at Madrid. Between 2000 to 2006 he brought the likes of Zinedine Zidane, Luis Figo and David Beckham to the club.

On Monday Perez said: "We are working towards and we will work to create a spectacular project, and that is to make Real Madrid the best club in the world once more.

"A club like Real Madrid needs to have several of the best players in the world and even though I can't discuss names today, we have a spectacular project on the sporting side."

Pellegrini is the man who will mastermind this new era and although he failed to lead Villarreal to any major trophies during his time at El Madrigal, the Chilean did help make the Yellow Submarine one of Spain's best clubs.

In his first season in charge he led the unfashionable east-coast outfit to a third-place finish, while in their subsequent Champions League campaign in the 2005/06 season Pellegrini took Villarreal to the semi-finals where they were unfortunate to lose to Arsenal.

Last season Villarreal ended up as runners-up behind champions Madrid, while this term they ended the campaign in fifth spot.

Pellegrini has also enjoyed success at previous sides, winning silverware in Chile, Argentina and Ecuador during spells at River Plate, San Lorenzo, Liga de Quito and Universidad Catolica.

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #33: Jun 02, 2009 07:48:32 pm
      Well, Barry to City.

It'll be interesting to see now what Villa do in the transfer market.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #34: Jun 03, 2009 01:48:11 pm
      Well, Barry to City.

It'll be interesting to see now what Villa do in the transfer market.

They are suppose to be going after that Defour guy from Standard Leige but it will be hard to get him since they are in the UCL next year and Villa are only in the Europa League.

Brummies break their transfer record on Benitez who plays in Mexico for Santos

Birmingham City land Christian Benitez for club record fee
      Birmingham City land Christian Benitez for club record fee

Birmingham City have beaten off competition from top European clubs to sign Ecuador striker Christian Benitez from Mexican side Santos Laguna.

The Blues confirmed a fee - thought to be a club record - had been agreed for the 23-year-old, who will travel to England for a medical next week having agreed personal terms.

Although the fee is undisclosed it is set to surpass the £6.25million paid for Emile Heskey in 2004 and is reported to be in the region of £9million.

Benitez - son of the Ecuador's all-time leading goalscorer, Ermen - starred in the 2006 World Cup in Germany and has scored 31 goals in 58 games in Mexico's Primera Division over the last two campaigns.

He recently underwent surgery on a shoulder injury and is unlikely to be involved when Ecuador play World Cup qualifiers against Peru (7 June) and Argentina (10 June).

The club are confident of acquiring a work permit for the striker as he has played in 85% of Ecuador's competitive A grade games over the last two years - well above the required amount.

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #35: Jun 03, 2009 01:49:26 pm
      ^^^^

Thanks for not posting that in it's own thread saying "Benitez joins City" or something like that, Adam.

;)
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #36: Jun 03, 2009 01:51:39 pm
      ^^^^

Thanks for not posting that in it's own thread saying "Benitez joins City" or something like that, Adam.

;)

It is funny because it is all over newsfornow which is set for Liverpool but information about this guy keeps coming up for obvious reasons.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #37: Jun 03, 2009 06:30:45 pm
      Some really quality buys in here, Kaka, Diego and unfortunately Zhirkov too. Benitez will have the Zarate effect for Birminham I think, he's a good player
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #38: Jun 12, 2009 09:50:42 pm
      Moyes axes Toffees duo

Everton boss "The Chosen One" has wasted little time in clearing out his ranks at Goodison Park after releasing Portuguese full-back Nuno Valente and Dutch winger Andy van der Meyde.

Valente moved to Merseyside in 2005 but has struggled with injuries and last season saw his place at left-back handed to Leighton Baines.

Moyes, who has also in the past preferred Joleon Lescott in Valente's specialist position, has decided the 34-year-old no longer has a future at the club.

Van der Meyde joined Everton from Inter Milan four years ago, but has endured a miserable time through injuries, poor discipline and personal problems.

Moyes continued his cull by releasing youngsters John Irving, John Paul Kissock, Scott Spencer, Eunan O'Kane and Cory Sinnott, while Segundo Castillo has returned to Red Star Belgrade after his loan spell came to an end.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5377001,00.html
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #39: Jun 18, 2009 09:55:03 am
      Milan confirm Cissokho capture

AC Milan have announced the signing of Aly Cissokho from Porto following a second medical.

A deal for the French full-back had looked to be in doubt after a dental problem raised concerns with the Rossoneri's staff.

However, after further examinations, they are now happy for the 21-year-old to complete his switch to Giuseppe Meazza.

Cissokho is currently on his way to Senegal to visit family but is expected to sign his new contract upon his return to Europe.

"I can confirm that I encountered some problems in my first physical," revealed the Porto full back.

"But then we did another test, a more detailed one, and everything went well.

"I have signed my pre-contract with Milan and now I am going on holiday to Senegal."

Reports suggest Milan have shelled out around £12.7million in order to land the talented youngster.
      Agreement

Meanwhile, having announced one new arrival, Milan have also revealed that Alberto Paloschi has been granted permission to extend his loan spell at Parma for another season.

The Italy U21 international spent the 2008/09 campaign at Stadio Ennio Tardini and helped the Gialloblu secure promotion back into the top flight.

"Keeping him was our primary objective," underlined Parma president Tommaso Ghirardi.

"We wanted to renew his co-ownership and that is what we have achieved.

"I have to thank [Milan vice-president Adriano] Galliani. He was hesitant over such an outcome at first, but he then gave me the opportunity to complete the deal.

"Milan have great faith in the player and I think they were initially keen to tie up an agreement for his return to their squad."

http://i40.tinypic.com/33ddqnm.jpg

Remember that? :D
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #40: Jun 18, 2009 02:57:41 pm
      Yeah and the blew it in the home leg ::)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41: Jun 20, 2009 12:33:14 am
      Disco Djimi is off to Monaco

Traore makes Monaco move

Monaco have signed Mali international defender Djimi Traore from Portsmouth.

The former Liverpool full-back, who spent the end of last season on loan with Birmingham, has penned a two-year deal with the Ligue 1 outfit.

Traore saw his time at St Andrews badly hit by injuries and he made just three appearances during his stint with Alex McLeish's side.

Traore collected several medals during his time at Anfield, including glory in the 2005 UEFA Champions League final.

He moved to Merseyside from French club Laval before being sold to Charlton in a £2million deal August 2006.

Traore joined Pompey the following January, but was never able to secure a regular first-team berth and made only 11 league starts at Fratton Park.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11800_5387879,00.html
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #42: Jun 20, 2009 12:38:15 am
      Djimi Traore - Anfield legend.

Doesn't have much of a ring to it does it?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #43: Jun 20, 2009 01:03:48 am
      Djimi Traore - Anfield legend.

Doesn't have much of a ring to it does it?

Yeah but he's got one more European Cup medal than Michael Owen will ever have.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #44: Jun 20, 2009 11:21:53 am
      Why do some people say that someones did a Djimi what did he do?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #45: Jun 20, 2009 12:26:53 pm
      Looks like Tevez has come to his senses  :D

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5390010,00.html

Manchester United have confirmed striker Carlos Tevez will not be playing for the club next season following the conclusion of his two-year loan.

The Argentina international was a fans' favourite during his time at Old Trafford, however, he has rejected the chance to sign a long-term deal with The Red Devils.

United had agreed to pay the £25.5million fee required to secure the 25-year-old's services permanently and offered the striker a lucrative five-year contract.

However, despite the prospect of becoming one of the club's highest paid players it has now been revealed that he no longer wished to play for the Premier League champions.

Tevez found regular first-team football especially hard to come by last season following the expensive acquisition of Dimitar Berbatov from Tottenham and that has been attributed as one of the reasons behind his decision.

United's city rivals Manchester City are now likely to be the front-runners for the striker, although both Liverpool and Chelsea have both been credited with an interest in his services.
      Contract rejected

"Following contact received from Carlos Tevez's advisors last night, in advance of the deadline the club set for concluding negotiations, Manchester United announces that Carlos will not be signing a new contract with the club," read a statement on the club's official website.

"The club agreed to pay the option price of £25.5m and offered Carlos a five-year contract which would have made him one of its highest paid players.

"Disappointingly however, his advisors informed the club that, despite the success he has enjoyed during one of the Club's most successful periods, he does not wish to continue playing for Manchester United.

"The club would like to thank Carlos for his services over the last two seasons and wishes him good luck for the future."

Sky Bet make Carlos Tevez 1/10 on (from 1/6) to join Manchester City after champions United on Saturday confirmed the striker is to leave Old Trafford.

Sky Bet's Dave Pilgrim said: "We've been seeing sustained support for Tezez for several weeks at odds-on prices to join Man City, and United's confirmation that he will indeed leave the club just lends further weight to this money.

"We're 1/10 that he joins City now, with Chelsea probably the only other serious contender of the British clubs after he appeared to rule out Liverpool. Chelsea are a 11/2 shot."

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #46: Jun 20, 2009 12:31:19 pm
      Why do some people say that someones did a Djimi what did he do?

My guess is that own goal, forgot the team it was against though. It was F***ing shocking though :lmao:
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #47: Jun 20, 2009 12:36:57 pm
      Barnsley I think with that cheeky backheel that went backhell on us!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #48: Jun 20, 2009 12:37:37 pm
      Barnsley I think with that cheeky backheel that went backhell on us!

That's the one! Looking back, you kind of have to laugh really.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #49: Jun 20, 2009 12:41:12 pm
      I missed that game. When I watched the replay it's kind the goal Zlatan would fancy to do but Traore did it so well it ended up in our own goal. Of all the own goals I've seen this one was the best of all...;D!Sorry mate that's Burnley!
      Traore
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #50: Jun 20, 2009 12:41:36 pm
      No one has a vid of it at all do they?
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #51: Jun 20, 2009 12:43:58 pm
      Trying to do a Zidane that left Dudek standing a complete fool!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #52: Jun 20, 2009 12:53:34 pm
      That's the one! Looking back, you kind of have to laugh really.

Laughed quite a lot that night, but than again I was sh*t-faced!

No-one ever mentions the two goal-line clearances by Disco Djimi in the Delle Alpi or the Attaturk just that stupid back-heel at Burnley.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #53: Jun 20, 2009 12:54:17 pm
      No one has a vid of it at all do they?

Have a look around you-tube it is there, I think!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #54: Jun 20, 2009 03:34:31 pm
      I just watched it what was he thinking. :lmao:
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #55: Jun 21, 2009 11:46:42 pm

No-one ever mentions the two goal-line clearances by Disco Djimi in the Delle Alpi or the Attaturk just that stupid back-heel at Burnley.

it was laugh or cry that night
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #56: Jun 22, 2009 12:01:49 am

Had a really good night in Burnley, shame the game was sh*te!
      Shay
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,732 posts | 46 
      Reply #57: Jun 22, 2009 05:20:04 am

I get loads of people defending (something he is incapable of doing for himself) him and saying about the clearance in Istanbul.  When this happens I remind them how the first two Milan goals were down to his total inability to play football/tackle/mark a player.

As Billy has said previously, Djimi was right up there with Kvarme, Dundee, Cheyrou or Ferri as one of our crappest players ever.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #58: Jun 23, 2009 11:34:36 am
      Santa Cruz seals City switch

Roque Santa Cruz has completed his transfer from Blackburn Rovers to Manchester City.

The Paraguay international has been a long-term target of City manager Mark Hughes, who signed Santa Cruz from Bayern Munich during his time at Ewood Park.

City were keen to sign the attacker in the winter transfer window but failed to reach an agreement for his signature.

The Eastlands club renewed their interest this summer and had a reported £18million bid accepted last week.

Santa Cruz underwent a medical at the City of Manchester Stadium on Monday and has now sealed his switch to the affluent outfit.

The 27-year-old netted an impressive total of 23 goals in 43 games during his debut campaign in England, but his second season was blighted by injury.

Santa Cruz becomes Hughes' second signing of the summer after midfielder Gareth Barry joined from Aston Villa last month.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5396181,00.html

Quick Reply