Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Ryan Babel (Various)

Read 20003 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Re: Ryan Babel (Various)
      Reply #92: Jun 28, 2009 02:37:28 pm
      True but sometimes players just need a change of scenery to find themselves again and I am sure that has happened with Kewell in his day was a Class act for Leeds and you don't lose Class its permanent.

Sorry don't agree, he had one or two good seasons at Leeds, ask any proper Leeds fan and they will tell you he was a lazy b***ard there!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #93: Jun 28, 2009 02:39:47 pm
      I can understand people wanting to loan out Babel but I don't agree. We are all agreed that he has immense talent but the wrong attitude. Well I think loanng him isn't going to sort that out. He has enough talent to challenge Kuyt and Riera for a place on the wings, so make him stay and fight. If he sorts his head out and plays for Liverpool and not for Ryan Babel he can be a great player.

I agree in principle of what you say about fighting Kuyt and Riera for the wings but if Rafa's transfers go much the way people are wanting I.E Silva arriving then I feel Riera and Silva will be fighting out for that Role and the Right hand side will be a two horse race between Kuyt and Yossi.

So unless Rafa is intending on using him in his preferred Role as a Forward as back up for Torres I can only see his head dropping further and his attitude becoming worse. Thats why I thought maybe a loan deal was best for all Parties as like you said Babel has undoubted Talent & Ability and maybe just maybe he could just find it within himself and explode into the player he has the potential to be playing week in and week out on loan at a lesser club.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #94: Jun 28, 2009 02:43:51 pm
      Sorry don't agree, he had one or two good seasons at Leeds, ask any proper Leeds fan and they will tell you he was a lazy b***ard there!

I do not ask people mate I make judgment on what my own eyes see and then form an opinion on that, you have your opinion which is all good and I respect that but as I have stated I am singled minded enough to make my own judgments and form my opinions from them.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #95: Jun 28, 2009 02:57:16 pm
      I do not ask people mate I make judgment on what my own eyes see and then form an opinion on that, you have your opinion which is all good and I respect that but as I have stated I am singled minded enough to make my own judgments and form my opinions from them.

Fair enough but where have you seen him play well? I can only think of a couple of games when he first signed for us, after that he was either injured or couldn't be arsed.

And that was watching with my own eyes from my seat in the Kop.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #96: Jun 28, 2009 03:17:06 pm
      Fair enough but where have you seen him play well? I can only think of a couple of games when he first signed for us, after that he was either injured or couldn't be arsed.

And that was watching with my own eyes from my seat in the Kop.

I have seen him quite a few times for us and quite a few times for leeds as I live in County Durham and travelling to Anfield for every home game is not Allways an option so when Liverpool played the Likes of Sunderland Middlesbrough Newcastle and Leeds which is only 1 hour from me I would travel to them away games to watch my beloved Liverpool.

I also have had Sky TV since the Premier league started and subscribed to Setanta when they started showing games and as a Liverpool Fan First & a Football Fan Second I have watched the majority of games Sky and Setanta has shown over that period.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #97: Jun 28, 2009 03:20:02 pm
      I have seen him quite a few times for us and quite a few times for leeds as I live in County Durham and travelling to Anfield for every home game is not Allways an option so when Liverpool played the Likes of Sunderland Middlesbrough Newcastle and Leeds which is only 1 hour from me I would travel to them away games to watch my beloved Liverpool.

I also have had Sky TV since the Premier league started and subscribed to Setanta when they started showing games and as a Liverpool Fan First & a Football Fan Second I have watched the majority of games Sky and Setanta has shown over that period.

And your point is what? I had sky and latterly setanta and watch a lot of premier league footie and I still think Kewell wasn't as good as he was made out to be.

You only had to be in the Attaturk to see the cheeky c**t celebrating, especially after the way he limped off!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #98: Jun 28, 2009 03:25:23 pm
      I agree in principle of what you say about fighting Kuyt and Riera for the wings but if Rafa's transfers go much the way people are wanting I.E Silva arriving then I feel Riera and Silva will be fighting out for that Role and the Right hand side will be a two horse race between Kuyt and Yossi.

I think Babel would still have the talent to compete with Silva, Riera, Kuyt and Benayoun. Each player of course brings something different. And what Babel could bring is pace. He has recently improved his first touch as well and he has an eye for goal. If he stops running into dead ends and ,as I said in my last post, plays for the team, then he could walk into the starting XI. That all provides on him dumping that ego he picked up in the European under 21 championships, and put in the work!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #99: Jun 28, 2009 03:28:03 pm
      And your point is what? I had sky and latterly setanta and watch a lot of premier league footie and I still think Kewell wasn't as good as he was made out to be.

You only had to be in the Attaturk to see the cheeky c**t celebrating, especially after the way he limped off!

My point is you asked me where me I had seen him and play and I replied to you... Other than that I did not know  I was required to prove anything else to you If this Is the case please let me know
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #100: Jun 28, 2009 03:29:11 pm
      I think Babel would still have the talent to compete with Silva, Riera, Kuyt and Benayoun. Each player of course brings something different. And what Babel could bring is pace. He has recently improved his first touch as well and he has an eye for goal. If he stops running into dead ends and ,as I said in my last post, plays for the team, then he could walk into the starting XI. That all provides on him dumping that ego he picked up in the European under 21 championships, and put in the work!

I'd also include not getting the ball stuck under his feet and possibly show some guts and actually try and take on a full-back.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #101: Jun 28, 2009 03:30:49 pm
      My point is you asked me where me I had seen him and play and I replied to you... Other than that I did not know  I was required to prove anything else to you If this Is the case please let me know

Chill the F**k out lad!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #102: Jun 28, 2009 03:34:35 pm

I don't disagree with you mate and  I'm sure not many will. It is obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse that Babel has talent but he's far from the finished article and is not yet the polished player he could be I would not be disappointed at all if he was in our squad for next season I just thought the loan thing would not be a bad Idea to get his confidence up a bit and get him firing on all cylinders.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #103: Jun 28, 2009 03:36:48 pm

I'm chilled mate I'm so chilled I could be in cryogenics ;D

All I was saying was if theres anything else you want me to prove to you regarding why I think kewell  has class then let me know
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #104: Jun 28, 2009 03:39:52 pm
      I'd also include not getting the ball stuck under his feet and possibly show some guts and actually try and take on a full-back.

True! Horrible memory of the 92nd minute against Fulham at 0-0! Thank god for Yossi! ;)

I don't disagree with you mate and  I'm sure not many will. It is obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse that Babel has talent but he's far from the finished article and is not yet the polished player he could be I would not be disappointed at all if he was in our squad for next season I just thought the loan thing would not be a bad Idea to get his confidence up a bit and get him firing on all cylinders.

But I think by sending him on loan it won't sort out his ego. He might end up with a manager like Mark Hughes or Sam Allardyce who will let him do what he wants. Then we get the same Babel back with the same problem. I think Rafa is the perfect manager to bring Babel on and help him mature. A stubborn manager who knows what we as fans want out of players, commitment at the very least! Basically there is nothing a loan spell can do fo Babel that we can't do at Liverpool.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #105: Jun 28, 2009 03:43:47 pm
      I'm chilled mate I'm so chilled I could be in cryogenics ;D

All I was saying was if theres anything else you want me to prove to you regarding why I think kewell  has class then let me know

TBH he has only shone when Leeds based a side around him and Viduka and then Galatasaray when they did the same thing.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #106: Jun 28, 2009 03:45:39 pm
      True! Horrible memory of the 92nd minute against Fulham at 0-0! Thank god for Yossi! ;)

But I think by sending him on loan it won't sort out his ego. He might end up with a manager like Mark Hughes or Sam Allardyce who will let him do what he wants. Then we get the same Babel back with the same problem. I think Rafa is the perfect manager to bring Babel on and help him mature. A stubborn manager who knows what we as fans want out of players, commitment at the very least! Basically there is nothing a loan spell can do fo Babel that we can't do at Liverpool.

Well lets just he hope he knuckles down pulls his socks up puffs his chest out and fights like a man for his position with out letting his head drop as it's obvious he is a confidence player. Maybe an arm round his shoulder from Rafa and the promise of games in his proffered role as a central striker (back up to Torres) will sort him out I hope so as he's a very good player as he showed in his first season. Hopefully he can pit last year behind him and come out a stronger better player for it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #107: Jun 28, 2009 03:47:34 pm
      TBH he has only shone when Leeds based a side around him and Viduka and then Galatasaray when they did the same thing.

Much the same could have been said about Owen when he played here, If Real Madrid had done the same thing with Owen he would have had a successful career there no doubt (if he stayed clear of injuries that is)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #108: Jun 28, 2009 03:51:06 pm
      Well lets just he hope he knuckles down pulls his socks up puffs his chest out and fights like a man for his position with out letting his head drop as it's obvious he is a confidence player. Maybe an arm round his shoulder from Rafa and the promise of games in his proffered role as a central striker (back up to Torres) will sort him out I hope so as he's a very good player as he showed in his first season. Hopefully he can pit last year behind him and come out a stronger better player for it.

Apparently not really something Rafa does much as a manager.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #109: Jun 28, 2009 03:54:06 pm
      Much the same could have been said about Owen when he played here, If Real Madrid had done the same thing with Owen he would have had a successful career there no doubt (if he stayed clear of injuries that is)

And if Madrid had a decent defence!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #110: Jun 28, 2009 03:57:20 pm
      Owen shone for England too though, his class was there for all to see. Kewell didnt for Australia for quite some time.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #111: Jun 28, 2009 04:05:00 pm
      Owen shone for England too though, his class was there for all to see. Kewell didnt for Australia for quite some time.

He shone for Leeds both in the Prermier League and Europe and lets be honest he was not exactly surrounded by the talent for the soccer roo's as Owen was for England
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #112: Jun 28, 2009 04:06:13 pm
      And if Madrid had a decent defence!

Was strange really Madrids decision regarding Owen as he out scored all there first choice forwards coming on from the bench
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #113: Jun 28, 2009 04:23:30 pm
      On topic please lads.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #114: Jun 28, 2009 04:31:31 pm
      I wana bum babel just to get it back on topic

Quick Reply