Trending Topics

Next match: Chester v LFC [Friendly] Sat 7th Jul @ 3:00 pm
      Swansay Chester Stadium

Today is the 24th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

England National Football Team

Read 211803 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 22,323 posts | 2163 
      Re: England National Football Team
      Reply #3030: Jun 21, 2018 10:18:34 pm
      If Southgate drops Sterling he will go up in my estimation as he has been sh*te in an England shirt. Rashford would be far more effective as a partner for Kane
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,282 posts | 153 
      Reply #3031: Jun 22, 2018 12:03:15 am
      If Southgate drops Sterling he will go up in my estimation as he has been sh*te in an England shirt. Rashford would be far more effective as a partner for Kane

Just playing Kane up front with either Sterling or Rashford won't work against the better teams. The way the side is set up is wrong as well. Young hasn't got the pace to create down the left. Trippier isn't much better. Lingard is limited. I don't know why Southgate thinks the 3-5-2 set up will work. When asked what is his team's main strength he said pace...when in fact the pacey players...Rashford, Vardy, Loftus-Cheek were left on the bench. Doomed to fail...mainly because Southgate is a poor manager.
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,043 posts | 734 
      Reply #3032: Jun 22, 2018 09:37:33 am
      Fixed it.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,052 posts | 1345 
      Reply #3033: Jun 22, 2018 09:42:17 am
      England have been sh*te

Fixed yours 👍
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 22,323 posts | 2163 
      Reply #3034: Jun 22, 2018 09:51:37 am
      Just playing Kane up front with either Sterling or Rashford won't work against the better teams. The way the side is set up is wrong as well. Young hasn't got the pace to create down the left. Trippier isn't much better. Lingard is limited. I don't know why Southgate thinks the 3-5-2 set up will work. When asked what is his team's main strength he said pace...when in fact the pacey players...Rashford, Vardy, Loftus-Cheek were left on the bench. Doomed to fail...mainly because Southgate is a poor manager.

I just don't know how Southgate got here to be honest he is an FA clone. However sometimes people have more luck than ability so who knows but Panama would be a game England would normally struggle with so lets see what happens on Sunday
      Ribapuru

• 8,043 posts | 734 
      Reply #3035: Jun 22, 2018 10:21:58 am
      I just don't know how Southgate got here to be honest he is an FA clone. However sometimes people have more luck than ability so who knows but Panama would be a game England would normally struggle with so lets see what happens on Sunday
      Not sure about that. Panama are rated lower than 50. In world cups we struggled against Romania, Iceland etc... over the years when they were ranked in the top 20. I know Fifa rankings aren't that great but there is nothing better to rate teams right now. Can imagine England winning 2 or 3 nill.

I remember when I was a kid in class many many years ago. A classmate with Jamaican roots was going on about how much better Jamaica would do than England... blah blah... they panned in every game whilst England went to Penalties against Argentina. Panama could be this years Jamaica of 1998.

Nobody is good enough to win it, nobody has shown that yet. Whoever does win it will need luck VAR decisions to go their way. It won't be England, since we are too disliked. We've seen it in the past... 50/50 decisions don't ever go our way. We only get the clear and unarguable stuff and we hear about how we have not won anything for so long, after a string of strange penalties, disallowed goals or red cards. We saw how Kane got rugby tackled, no penno and Tunisia got a penalty for running into Walkers arm. This was confirmed on VAR. Every pundit was in agreement it was bullsh*t. Do the men in the VAR room disagree with the world or do they agree and there is another non footballing reason? Money? dislike for England? Who knows. I have no faith England can win anything because we could be in the semi final against Croatia or somebody and Modric dives, VAR will probable gives us a red card and Croatia a penalty. England fans will by furious and vandalise sh*t. People will forget about the result, just remember the hoologans... next week same old people will be calling England sh*te again.

I just don't understand it because there are some people from countries that don't have a good living standard, dictatorships etc... people that quit their job and sold their car to just to be at the world cup just to watch their country lose! They still back their country.

We live in a country with NHS, Benefit system, Democracy, Laws, Police etc... there has been some areas in government that let areas down but on the balance of things there are a lot of complainers around that have not travelled beyond their nose to see how much worse things could be, then slag off their home land.

I will remain positive and believe England can get out the group and get as far as they can before the corruption kicks in.

Southgate got there because he was  u21 manager. He did a very good job there, when Sam was sacked as senior manager Southgate was put in temporarily but he was doing well so we kept him as manager. 
      « Last Edit: Jun 22, 2018 10:27:34 am by Ribapuru »
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,282 posts | 153 
      Reply #3036: Jun 22, 2018 11:35:39 am
      Can't accept the we should be grateful for what we have in this country. That way leads to acceptance of lower standards. Going to get bad enough thanks to the Tories without us accepting crap just because the UK might have higher standards than other less fortunate countries.

Southgate was desperation by the FA. They screwed up with fat Sam and took a punt on Southgate even tho he hasn't the track record to be even considered. Aidy Boothroyd is doing OK with the under 21's, let's hope when Southgate gets the boot the FA don't turn to Boothroyd.

Southgate should stick to a simple 4-4-2. Pack the front 6 with pace and as much creativity as poss.  But he won't because he thinks he is a football coach full of innovative ideas when in truth he's full of coach speak, ridiculous theories that work on the blackboard but not in reality.

You are right in saying there doesn't seem to be any outstanding team so far. I think England have the squad to do well but they have a manager that will overthink it. For example the right side is wasted with Trippier doing very little but he plays great on Southgate's blackboard.

Thru the group then a weak team might get us thru but not much further.
      Ribapuru

• 8,043 posts | 734 
      Reply #3037: Jun 22, 2018 12:50:38 pm
      Can't accept the we should be grateful for what we have in this country. That way leads to acceptance of lower standards. Going to get bad enough thanks to the Tories without us accepting crap just because the UK might have higher standards than other less fortunate countries.

Southgate was desperation by the FA. They screwed up with fat Sam and took a punt on Southgate even tho he hasn't the track record to be even considered. Aidy Boothroyd is doing OK with the under 21's, let's hope when Southgate gets the boot the FA don't turn to Boothroyd.

Southgate should stick to a simple 4-4-2. Pack the front 6 with pace and as much creativity as poss.  But he won't because he thinks he is a football coach full of innovative ideas when in truth he's full of coach speak, ridiculous theories that work on the blackboard but not in reality.

You are right in saying there doesn't seem to be any outstanding team so far. I think England have the squad to do well but they have a manager that will overthink it. For example the right side is wasted with Trippier doing very little but he plays great on Southgate's blackboard.

Thru the group then a weak team might get us thru but not much further.
      Regardless, we know that the eventual winners will have had some refs call 50/50 in their favour. It's not going to be us. For England to win a world cup they don't just need to be the best, they need to be so good that they can win every game with a margin to counter the referee calls against us. This means we need to be able to beat teams like France and Brazil 3-0. Since when it's 0-0 or 3-3, refs going to screw us.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,780 posts | 2163 
      Reply #3038: Jun 22, 2018 12:56:59 pm
      Regardless, we know that the eventual winners will have had some refs call 50/50 in their favour. It's not going to be us. For England to win a world cup they don't just need to be the best, they need to be so good that they can win every game with a margin to counter the referee calls against us. This means we need to be able to beat teams like France and Brazil 3-0. Since when it's 0-0 or 3-3, refs going to screw us.

Lol getting the excuses out early?
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,052 posts | 1345 
      Reply #3039: Jun 22, 2018 12:57:49 pm

Well apart from being a bit tin foil hat stuff the only other thing that holds this back is that England are gash and would never be in a position to it coming down to a referee decision
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,911 posts | 3027 
      Reply #3040: Jun 22, 2018 01:31:30 pm

F**ked then aren't they?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 22,323 posts | 2163 
      Reply #3041: Jun 22, 2018 03:18:36 pm
      Englands biggest problem will be England they will either get over confident or complacent and that's why I say the Panama game will be telling as in the past this could be tricky.
      No team has been exceptional and having just started the tournament that is understandable so lets see how next week develops
      Ribapuru

• 8,043 posts | 734 
      Reply #3042: Jun 22, 2018 07:33:58 pm
      Absolutely. If that were Brazil v England, that Neymar dive would have been a pen. Against Costa Rica it was nothing.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,108 posts | 86 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #3043: Jun 22, 2018 08:36:29 pm
      Absolutely. If that were Brazil v England, that Neymar dive would have been a pen. Against Costa Rica it was nothing.

You think it's England vs the rest of the word?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,282 posts | 153 
      Reply #3044: Jun 22, 2018 09:58:19 pm
      Gerard Houllier on Sky's new footie thing " Football Godfathers". Hasn't been to controversial so far. Didn't say much about the inevitable split with Roy Evans. Talked about his heart op and the emotion of coming back. But had to pack up in April 2011 after another heart scare, while at Villa, his last footie job.

Claims he improved every club or team he was involved with. Improved players like Owen. Best player he managed...Gerrard. Claimed his best achievement was to bring Liverpool into the 21st Century.

My view is he did very well here, was unlucky to be sacked. Bought some crap..they all do that. He was the right man for us at the right time. I respected him and his judgement. Did a good job.
      « Last Edit: Jun 22, 2018 10:08:24 pm by Harrisimo »
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,282 posts | 153 
      Reply #3045: Jun 22, 2018 10:32:35 pm
      Southgate's got the hump with the media. His assistant flashed bit of paper with the line up in clear sight. Think for the Tunisia game the selected team had the bibs on in training and the team was well known well before the kick off.

Carping at the media is a regular thing for England at the World Cup. Would've thought Southgate should show a bit more sense.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,884 posts | 2230 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3046: Jun 22, 2018 10:53:18 pm

You can probably drop the ‘everything goes against poor old Ingerland’ act now seeing as Serbia were denied without doubt the most blatant penalty going so far this year. Mitrovic was literally wrestled to the ground by 2 players, at a crucial point of the game where they could have gone 2-0 up had they not been screwed over...they ended up losing, unlike England against Tunisia.

Proper Manc like with these excuses of everything and everyone being against Ingerland...not a good look.

What with all this rubbish from Southgate and Walker about asking the media to help the team out is cringeworthy too and is one of the reasons why nobody takes them seriously. It’s hardly rocket science how they are going to line up and play anyway given they’ve been using the same formation for a number of games now. Just get on with it and quit with all the excuses.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,911 posts | 3027 
      Reply #3047: Yesterday at 01:27:05 pm
      Gerard Houllier on Sky's new footie thing " Football Godfathers". Hasn't been to controversial so far. Didn't say much about the inevitable split with Roy Evans. Talked about his heart op and the emotion of coming back. But had to pack up in April 2011 after another heart scare, while at Villa, his last footie job.

Claims he improved every club or team he was involved with. Improved players like Owen. Best player he managed...Gerrard. Claimed his best achievement was to bring Liverpool into the 21st Century.

My view is he did very well here, was unlucky to be sacked. Bought some crap..they all do that. He was the right man for us at the right time. I respected him and his judgement. Did a good job.

Was on a couple of weeks ago on the History channel before the world cup kicked off.

Ged was harsh to be sacked, but he needed a break from footy after the heart op, came back far too quickly. The decision to not buy Anelka, instead getting Diouf, Diao & Cheyrou pretty much did for him. Then the disastrous 03/04 season just added the extra nail into the coffin.

But in the same way I love Rafa for 2005, share the same love for Ged for the treble season in 2001.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 22,323 posts | 2163 
      Reply #3048: Today at 12:47:28 pm
      the worst thing that could happen today is if England win big and then we get the nonsense from the press about winning.

Quick Reply