Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2369869 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #10235: Aug 26, 2014 10:46:01 pm
      Tbh speaking from a business point of view, a lack of CL will do huge amounts of damage but they can sustain big net spending for the medium term, even without CL football. They have astronomical revenue that blows everyone out of the water.

They carry on the way they are going this season, it won't take long for them to start losing that revenue. Especially seeing as their latest deal is dependent on Champions League qualification isn't it?
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #10236: Aug 26, 2014 10:54:59 pm
      So many of their deals are linked to being in the CL - apparently if they're not in the CL that mega deal they've signed with Adidas more than halves. They're playing a very dangerous game

If they don't make CL football, they still get £52.5 million, if they do get CL football it's £75 million. They also received £15 million for their training kit sponsor.

Liverpool, our kit deal is worth £26 million. So United's deal is with 3x ours is.

Plus they have a huge stadium that earns them £50 million more than us per season, they're cash rich and can sustain huge spending in the median term.

They carry on the way they are going this season, it won't take long for them to start losing that revenue. Especially seeing as their latest deal is dependent on Champions League qualification isn't it?

True, they will start losing it, but they will still get astronomical revenue from commercial deals. They've just signed a £50 million a year sponsor last season, they've just signed a new insane £75 million kit deal that both last 10 years. They'd have to fail to perform for a decade to suffer a massive drop in revenue. United will never fail to sell 75k tickets every week either.

They'll lose 40 million or so from losing CL football but on revenue of £445 million, which when you compare to our £209 million, it really isn't that bad.

Unfortunately as I'd love them to be in that situation of them struggling financially.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #10237: Aug 26, 2014 11:01:56 pm
      Much laughter is being had right now.

Can't believe that result tonight.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #10238: Aug 26, 2014 11:09:37 pm
      Had 8 random fellas stood around my shopping trolley at Asda, watching the match from 2-0 on my phone, much to their wives/girlfriends/kids bemusement/annoyance, lost a couple at 3-0 but gained a few more before it finished.  The joys of advanced technology.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #10239: Aug 26, 2014 11:11:18 pm
      Had a manc phone me this morning to gloat at us losing to City.

Haven't heard much from him this evening funnily enough.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #10240: Aug 26, 2014 11:13:45 pm
      just signed a new insane £75 million kit deal that both last 10 years.

That's the one that is dependent on Champions League qualification isn't it? Think I read at the time that if they again fail to qualify for the competition then it goes down around 40%.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #10241: Aug 26, 2014 11:15:50 pm
      They are so bad, largely down to this 3-5-2 formation LVG insists on playing with when he clearly doesn't have the players to make it work. Long may he persist with it.

Good point and not sure what that's all about.

Pretty clear to anyone that even has the slightest bit of knowledge that their squad doesn't suit the system. I can only guess he's implementing it now so it'sin place for when he gets his players in.

Di Maria for left wing back anyone?
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #10242: Aug 26, 2014 11:24:07 pm
      That's the one that is dependent on Champions League qualification isn't it? Think I read at the time that if they again fail to qualify for the competition then it goes down around 40%.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28581355

30% according to the BBC, which would be a minimum of £52.5 million, which is still double what we receive, and it only kicks in if they fail to qualify for two seasons in a row. So either way it's still the biggest in world football by a long way.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #10243: Aug 26, 2014 11:27:17 pm

30% according to the BBC, which would be a minimum of £52.5 million, which is still double what we receive, and it only kicks in if they fail to qualify for two seasons in a row. So either way it's still the biggest in world football by a long way.

Still doesn't hide the fact that there is uncertainty creeping in where they are concerned. They may have the big deals now but another poor season is soon followed by another poor one. These seasons come around quickly and things in football change quickly. If City win the league again this season I wouldn't be at all surprised if they end up with an even bigger deal.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #10244: Aug 26, 2014 11:30:25 pm
      4-0? FOUR? MK Dons? :lmao:

Even Moyes got to the semifinals of the League Cup AND advanced to the quarters of the Champions League.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #10245: Aug 26, 2014 11:32:56 pm
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,931 posts | 825 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #10246: Aug 26, 2014 11:34:29 pm
      Who remembers this? :D

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10247: Aug 26, 2014 11:36:29 pm
      Absolutely hilarious result, as regards all their sponsors and deals with Adidas etc they will soon vanish if they keep being outside the top4. No one wants to be associated with a looser. Oh and the Adidas deal is structured so that Adidas get the bulk of revenue from kit sales so it's not quite as good as people first thought.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #10248: Aug 26, 2014 11:38:04 pm
      I am sure this is just a bump in the road.

United is a quality team with a quality manager and players.

This will be a wake-up call and I am pretty sure by the end of the season they will be sitting atop the Championship.
      DeanoLFC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 259 posts | 18 
      Reply #10249: Aug 26, 2014 11:41:15 pm
        :lmao:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #10250: Aug 26, 2014 11:41:53 pm
      Like Suarez, the mancs seem to be having a few teething problems. :)

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #10251: Aug 26, 2014 11:42:17 pm
      Out the cup before we have even entered it yet they think we have problems.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #10252: Aug 26, 2014 11:43:38 pm

What are their wages and loan repayments like compared to ours ? unsustainable i'd imagine .

lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #10253: Aug 26, 2014 11:48:53 pm
      What are their wages and loan repayments like compared to ours ? unsustainable i'd imagine .

Their debt interest payments are about 15 million per year, which is quite a lot but it's unaffordable.

I can't say a word on their wages, Rooney on 300k is just insane and I hope they're punished for it. But they do have revenue to afford those wages unfortunately.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #10254: Aug 26, 2014 11:49:58 pm
      Years and years of arrogant little smiles and giggling like girls are now disappearing in to a haze of disbelief for these lot, and I love it. Complete denial tonight from two or three of the them in my local. Comments like we'll be back!!, and it's only the league don't be lye the fact they were playing the MK Dons. A club that didn't exist not so long ago. I hope they fail so bad that not even a sheik can bale them out.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #10255: Aug 26, 2014 11:51:11 pm

Di Maria has matched that hasn't he? Shaw is on a good 150k and Van Persie has to be 200k+.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #10256: Aug 26, 2014 11:52:58 pm

I just hope he doesn't confuse Paul Parker for Peter Parker, 'cos Paul doesn't have the spidey sense and old hobgoblin, see picture above, would decimate poor Paul.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #10257: Aug 26, 2014 11:56:46 pm
      Di Maria has matched that hasn't he? Shaw is on a good 150k and Van Persie has to be 200k+.

Rooney on 300k
      RVP on 250k
      Luke Shaw wanted 120k according to Jose Mourinho so I'd say that seems right
      Di Maria on 200k

That's 45 million per year on wages. Huge money.

Quick Reply