Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2341492 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #10327: Aug 30, 2014 01:36:57 pm
      If Di Maria is so fecking good then why were Real Madrid trying to get rid of him so much? He is a good player but will not make any difference for Utd, what they need is a defence, even Burnley are getting behind them, a good team is going to rip them to shreds, so it wouldn't matter if they had Suarez and Messi in attack.

Why did they sell Robben and Sneijder?

Using the excuse that Madrid sold them means they're not very good is absurd. Is Alonso a bad player because they sold him too?

Madrid always buy the latest toys that have a good WC or season. Di Maria was one of their key players and got MOTM in the CL final, for example.

And a player of his quality will make a difference, but they need defenders and midfielders too.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #10328: Aug 30, 2014 02:08:07 pm
      Man U have been slightly better than Burnley, but I am talking franctional. If put into percentages 52% to 48%. 0-0 is more than fair so far.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10329: Aug 30, 2014 02:11:48 pm
      Why did they sell Robben and Sneijder?

Using the excuse that Madrid sold them means they're not very good is absurd. Is Alonso a bad player because they sold him too?

Madrid always buy the latest toys that have a good WC or season. Di Maria was one of their key players and got MOTM in the CL final, for example.

And a player of his quality will make a difference, but they need defenders and midfielders too.

Hang on are you seriously suggesting that Real Madrid always sell their best players, i.e that they are complete bloody morons? The truth is that they have players now who they feel are better than Di Maria and Alonso, whether that is correct is debatable but it must be how they feel.
      Also why on earth were no other clubs in for Di Maria, surely he wasn't a boyhood Manure fan was he ;-). For that matter why on earth did he choose Manure, they must have offered him some serious wedge of cash.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #10330: Aug 30, 2014 02:21:20 pm
      Is it me or is Van Persie looking past his peak? I think Giggs and Scholes retiring has hurt them quite badly too. All these big names don't seem to be making the impact they hoped.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #10331: Aug 30, 2014 02:24:59 pm
      Is it me or is Van Persie looking past his peak? I think Giggs and Scholes retiring has hurt them quite badly too. All these big names don't seem to be making the impact they hoped.

I don't think many strikers are at their peak at 31 though.
      Danny2304
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 663 posts |
      • Stairway to heaven
      Reply #10332: Aug 30, 2014 02:31:01 pm
      Long May this continue haha
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #10333: Aug 30, 2014 02:32:42 pm
      :lmao:

Stephen Reid just flew into Welbeck. Funniest challenge I've seen in a while :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #10334: Aug 30, 2014 02:37:47 pm
      :lmao: :lmao:

2 points from a possible 9 against Swansea, Sunderland and Burnley :lmao:

In Van Gaal we trust!  :champ: :oranje:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #10335: Aug 30, 2014 02:37:56 pm
      Ho ho ho ho! I love being reminded that Wayne Rooney is on 300k a week!

That was utter tripe yet again by Man Utd. TRIPE I TELL YA!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #10336: Aug 30, 2014 02:38:01 pm
      keep throwing money at it wan*ers 2 or 3 more left side defenders should solve it
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #10337: Aug 30, 2014 02:38:53 pm
      WOOHOO  love it!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      Reply #10338: Aug 30, 2014 02:38:53 pm
      ha ha shut up Scholes ye thick
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #10339: Aug 30, 2014 02:39:14 pm
      Hang on are you seriously suggesting that Real Madrid always sell their best players, i.e that they are complete bloody morons? The truth is that they have players now who they feel are better than Di Maria and Alonso, whether that is correct is debatable but it must be how they feel.
      Also why on earth were no other clubs in for Di Maria, surely he wasn't a boyhood Manure fan was he ;-). For that matter why on earth did he choose Manure, they must have offered him some serious wedge of cash.

There were other clubs after Di Maria. PSG and Man city for a start. Quote me where I said Real Madrid were a selling club?

James Rodriguez is not better than Di Maria, no chance. Potentially better but not at the moment.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #10340: Aug 30, 2014 02:41:04 pm
      They had one idea for the last 30 minutes, it was hilarious watching it go to Valencia over and over and over and over again for nothing to happen every single time.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #10341: Aug 30, 2014 02:41:30 pm
      Some Man Utd fans insisting that it will take time. Perhaps but when we had a tough start under Brendan at least we had the performances in matches like Man City and Man Utd at home and then 5 goals at Norwich (ok we conceded 3!) to show what Brendan was trying to do.

With LVG - I don't have a clue what he's doing.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #10342: Aug 30, 2014 02:43:20 pm
      They had one idea for the last 30 minutes, it was hilarious watching it go to Valencia over and over and over and over again for nothing to happen every single time.

Exactly, all they did was cross, cross, cross. Not even crosses with any quality.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10343: Aug 30, 2014 02:44:53 pm
      There were other clubs after Di Maria. PSG and Man city for a start. Quote me where I said Real Madrid were a selling club?

James Rodriguez is not better than Di Maria, no chance. Potentially better but not at the moment.

Ok you have a hard on for Di Maria I get it, good for you, from what I saw today he wasn't that special and I don't think he's what Utd need, that's all I care about really. You were actually suggesting that Real Madrid sell players because someone new came along so I guess that would be a selling and buying club, kind of like most clubs. In any case why on earth would the player choose to go to Utd unless he's a mercenary w@nker after the cash.

On another not how hilariously bad are Utd that they can't even beat Burnley.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #10344: Aug 30, 2014 02:45:04 pm
      If Di Maria is so fecking good then why were Real Madrid trying to get rid of him so much? He is a good player but will not make any difference for Utd, what they need is a defence, even Burnley are getting behind them, a good team is going to rip them to shreds, so it wouldn't matter if they had Suarez and Messi in attack.

He was offered a new contract by Madrid multiple times but didn't want to stay.

And that's the point everyone's trying to make. They signed an amazing player, but they didn't need him! They need CMs and CBs.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #10345: Aug 30, 2014 02:47:08 pm
      Hhahahahahah QPR next  :lmao:
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #10346: Aug 30, 2014 02:47:47 pm
      Ok you have a hard on for Di Maria I get it, good for you, from what I saw today he wasn't that special and I don't think he's what Utd need, that's all I care about really. You were actually suggesting that Real Madrid sell players because someone new came along so I guess that would be a selling and buying club, kind of like most clubs. In any case why on earth would the player choose to go to Utd unless he's a mercenary w@nker after the cash.

On another not how hilariously bad are Utd that they can't even beat Burnley.

Hard on?

I'm just not stupid enough to realise that a good 3-4 games in a WC doesn't make him better than someone who was brilliant over a season.

I guess you are eh
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #10347: Aug 30, 2014 02:51:58 pm
      Didn't Madrid only sell Di Maria because of a limit on non EU players and they wanted Falcao instead?

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #10348: Aug 30, 2014 02:55:06 pm
      Hard on?

I'm just not stupid enough to realise that a good 3-4 games in a WC doesn't make him better than someone who was brilliant over a season.

I guess you are eh

Seems to me he is very underrated here!! therefore, he should be mentioned in the underrated forums :) I rate Di Maria up there as one of the best attacking mids in the world. Since Ancelotti took over, he really has become immense.

I actually thought he was Utd's best attacking player vs Burnley!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      Reply #10349: Aug 30, 2014 02:55:36 pm
      2points from games v Swansea Sunderland and Burnley plus a league cup defeat to MK Dons. Make you wonder what the fook would be happening to them had they started off against some of the big clubs. Actually imagine they had our fixtures!!

Quick Reply