Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2339784 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,779 posts | 6728 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #10419: Sep 01, 2014 11:55:13 am
      Rooney, RVP, Mata, DiMaria, Falcao is as good an attacking line up you'll see in world football.

Shame they have such a piss poor squad other than the above.

Scums new line-up

unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #10420: Sep 01, 2014 11:56:15 am
      Januzaj's potential is gonna go to waste. Where's he going to play? Right wing back?!

Do we play Sterling on the left or in the middle vs the scum? He's gonna run riot in either.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #10421: Sep 01, 2014 11:58:13 am
      So is Falcao to Utd on loan a done deal? Is this the same guy who was umming and ahhing when we showed an interest and then he instead ends up at Utd, I almost feel sorry for the tw@t, he just ends up at sh*t club after sh*t club doesn't he.
      Another thing is that Utd really are starting to assemble quite a cast of Mercenary pr1cks who will be off the first second someone else comes calling who flashes a bit more cash at them. Utd really are in a big big trouble I think.

They can't get rid of a lot of their players, wages far too high for some of them and other clubs just won't or can't pay them that kind of wage. 

On an aside, can you please start spelling swearwords correctly, the forum has a filter that you are deliberately circumventing.  It doesn't upset me, but I am fed up of having to scan a page when my nieces and nephews are around, as my brother, sister, brother-in-law and sister-in-law aren't quite as easy going with it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #10422: Sep 01, 2014 12:33:57 pm
      Interesting one this. Ferguson seemed to always go for defenders when they were dominate, now they are playing catch up they are going for big money attackers.

This does not work, remember Newcastle? Scored a lot, conceded even more.

A huge gamble, if Falcao was any good, and I'm not say he isn't, but if he was, way are Monaco letting him go? £50m player going out on loan. And why is he going to a club in only 2 competitions? League and FA Cup?

Of course, the money, but if that is the case, what his his motivation?

Ferguson has left a team in total disarray, how many of his players are still there? His OAP's kept that team together, now they have gone it shows he was not as good as everyone claimed.

Sir Bob left a well oiled machine when he left, one that kept on winning.

Are Utd going to do a Spurs? Let's hope so.

If they fail to get in to the CL next year, they are fu**ed with their debt.

Can only agree mate, in fact from the beginning of their meteoric fall stated as much that Ferguson had left them with a bag of sh*te.
      Pissing about with racehorses and other money making ventures like autobiographies, properties and of course his love of the Scottish wine etc left him little time to do what he was being paid for.
      Maybe someone on the board saw the writing on the wall and decided to give Ferguson a push out the door while allowing him to select a successor to give the impression that he was not being fu**ed off - maybe he was fu**ed off unceremoniously and the board chose Moyes while saying it was actually Ferguson's option.

An indication of the sh*t they were in is the fact that Moyes was put there, it is doubtful indeed and it was proved that there were no top flight managers who would undertake the mammoth task of rebuilding the team, Moyes kept Everton in contention and had some credibility - with the resources he could very possibly get them out of the brown stuff.

We know how that worked out, the F***ing  idiot's who support them and their unachievable aspirations and demands ensured Moyes could not remain in the job, his inability to perform overnight miracles was instrumental in his exit.
      We can only hope the situation continues with Van Gaal.         
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10423: Sep 01, 2014 01:34:06 pm
      I thought Di Maria was a panic signing, Falcao is even more so!! LVG and the Mancs are so thick its funny, the whole world can see they need defenders and midfielders so instead they sign attackers and left backs only. The Manc fans already jumping on the wagon saying about us signing Lallana and Lambert yet they had Di Maria and still struggled to get a draw against Burnley. I'm glad they are getting Falcao because when they miss out on top 4 again it will be even sweeter! Spending all that money but losing out along with getting their sponsorship deals reduced! Going to be sweet watching their demise take an even bigger step this season. RVP and Falcao will spend the games in eachothers way, RVP will sulk when he is moved out of position or dropped to accomodate Falcao and Rooney will throw his toys out the pram because he wants to be the main man but will be moved all over the pitch to accomodate Di Maria, Falcao and RVP.

Di Maria had admitted he only went to them because he had no other option and same for Falcao, he wanted Madrid but having to settle....and the Mancs think these are coups and beaten everyone else to their signatures, ha don't make me laugh any more.

Enjoy falling even further behind us you dirty munts hahahaha
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #10424: Sep 01, 2014 02:02:15 pm
      Another thing, when have Utd ever got involved with loan moves? May be youngsters going to get experience, but 1st teamers? I can't think of any.

Larson back in 2006.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #10425: Sep 01, 2014 02:59:41 pm
      Hernandez, Valencia and Kagawa gone... I'm not so sure that was wise.  Not world class but they were decent United players. They only strengthened their strongest area. If they don't sign any defenders I can see top 6 getting a lot of goals against  Man U.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #10426: Sep 01, 2014 03:58:49 pm
      Semi interesting factotum of the day, that lot have spent more on players in this transfer window than Burnley have spent since they were formed in 1888.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #10427: Sep 01, 2014 04:17:38 pm
      He was brilliant in 2012/13 season as third highest goalscorer - 28 goals in La Liga, but injuries really took their toll at Monaco. He had niggles here and there before his big knee injury in January - I wonder how that has affected him.

Incidentally, his reputation is going by the 2012/13 season - but interestingly Negredo scored 3 less in a worse team than Althletico as he was playing for Seville. Negredo had bright moments last year (against us unfortunately at the Etihad) but he really struggled in the Premier League - omitted from the Spain squad and now being sold.

What's more Negredo is about the same age but didn't have injury problems. Personally, I think it seems that 28/29 is too late to be coming to the Premier League - players are getting passed their peak, and the physical demands and pace of the Premier League makes it that bit harder to adapt for a 29 year old. In addition to recovering from an injury plagued season, he's got his work cut out.

What's more, Diego Costa also has a similar scoring record for Athletico last year, just like Falcao. Now Diego Costa is a monster of a player I think, but this is a guy in peak physical condition and only 25, just reaching his peak as a footballer. What's more, he's very tall and physical - he's perfectly made for the Premier League.

He has age on his side, he has peak physical condition on his side that helps him brush of defenders - I don't think Falcao has it quite so easy.

So in addition to paying £20 million for a loan, this is a very risky piece of business. He's in the same age bracket as Rooney and Van Persie - who have both declined - but he's got to adapt to the pace of the league at the same time.

This really isn't a transfer United had to make and I'm delighted Liverpool got Balotelli over Falcao. As my brother stated when we got Balotelli over Falcao, why would we opt for a 29 year old instead of a 24 year old whose arguably got his best years ahead of him?
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #10428: Sep 01, 2014 04:29:07 pm
      My brother is a Manc and he is kind of up in arms over the Falcao deal. He agrees Falcao is a great striker but he says it is too steep a price to pay and they have huge holes in their midfield and defense. Got to love it when a team signs a world class striker and some of their fans get pissed off :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #10429: Sep 01, 2014 05:02:43 pm
      Have to say I am bemused at this Falcao deal.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #10430: Sep 01, 2014 05:04:56 pm
      I'm bemused by Falcao and I'm bemused why they've signed three left-sided defenders.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #10431: Sep 01, 2014 05:10:44 pm
      My brother is a Manc and he is kind of up in arms over the Falcao deal. He agrees Falcao is a great striker but he says it is too steep a price to pay and they have huge holes in their midfield and defense. Got to love it when a team signs a world class striker and some of their fans get pissed off :D

The fans wanted lamp shades and they got sofas instead. Sounds familiar though. The amount of money MU has spent is truly frightening. They better come good, missed out again in the CL and they're doomed. What I can see so far is panic buying all over the place.

The MU board may be naive enough to allow LVG to spend such huge amount when he does not have first hand experience of what the EPL is all about. Watching the game in TV is different from coaching the team during a competitive match. 

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #10432: Sep 01, 2014 05:13:08 pm
      The fans wanted lamp shades and they got sofas instead. Sounds familiar though. The amount of money MU has spent is truly frightening. They better come good, missed out again in the CL and they're doomed. What I can see so far is panic buying all over the place.

The MU board may be naive enough to allow LVG to spend such huge amount when he does not have first hand experience of what the EPL is all about. Watching the game in TV is different from coaching the team during a competitive match. 

They think they can just walk back into the CL with consummate ease. As we learned to our cost (a cost of 5 years) it's incredibly tough to try and find your way back into it. We got very fortunate in that we discovered one of, if not the most talented manager in a generation.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #10433: Sep 01, 2014 05:33:16 pm
      Diamond formation?

Goalkeeper
      Shaw left back, Rojo and Jones centre backs, right back Raphael
      Blind holding midfielder
      Di Maria and Herrera as the two centre midfielders
      Rooney as the attacking midfielder
      Van Persie and Falcao upfront

Options with Mata and Januzai
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,921 posts | 821 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #10434: Sep 01, 2014 05:48:10 pm
      Diamond formation?

Goalkeeper
      Blind holding midfielder

Don't see no real defensive quality there and think for some teams there attack might be too much but against the big clubs top 6 maybe will have too much for them.

Still think they'll finish out of the top 4.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #10435: Sep 01, 2014 05:51:48 pm
      They think they can just walk back into the CL with consummate ease. As we learned to our cost (a cost of 5 years) it's incredibly tough to try and find your way back into it. We got very fortunate in that we discovered one of, if not the most talented manager in a generation.
      Getting 2 points from a possible 9 against midtable sides is a massive handicap for them. In October and November they have Everton, Chelsea, City, Arsenal... if they don't recoup some points from their bad start in those games I think it will be very hard for them to compete for a top 4 place.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #10436: Sep 01, 2014 05:55:20 pm
      Diamond formation?

Goalkeeper
      Blind holding midfielder

Nah LVG is obsessed with 3-5-2
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #10437: Sep 01, 2014 06:52:08 pm
      Can't wait to play this lot, should be very interesting indeed  ;D
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #10438: Sep 01, 2014 06:57:08 pm
      Getting 2 points from a possible 9 against midtable sides is a massive handicap for them. In October and November they have Everton, Chelsea, City, Arsenal... if they don't recoup some points from their bad start in those games I think it will be very hard for them to compete for a top 4 place.

Thing is, they drew to Burnley but the excuse was 'it takes time'. True enough, but Burnley? Rodgers was in a similar situation against relegation candidates Norwich in September 2012, but we beat them 5-2.

Does Van Gaal underestimate the Premier League? Something about him says so - he said in a press conference that he'd had bad starts as Bayern and Barca, but that's comparing apples and oranges - I just don't think that he had as much formidable competition in those leagues like City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal.

He also seems fairly stubborn about 3-5-2. I don't doubt his coaching abilities, but such stubborness could really pay - Rodgers changes his tactics all the time and is never content on just one formation - even though the diamond formation seems the preferred option.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10439: Sep 01, 2014 07:04:43 pm
      They're not happy about Welbeck going to Arsenal.  They rate him higher than Studge on the caf so despite spunking £150m on reinforcements they're worried he'll strengthen them and stopping them getting top 4. 

You really can't make this sh*t up, they're hilarious  :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #10440: Sep 01, 2014 07:05:14 pm
      Over on Redcafe they are still comparing our line ups, saying Herrera, Shaw, Jones, and generally everyone is better than ours and that we don't actually have that much quality.

Yet they have failed to win in all 4 games this season when they had a perfectly easy start but instead they've had a battering by MK Dons and scraping 2 draws and an opening day defeat too. We have now also had a total lead of 24 - TWENTY FOUR points over them over the last 39 games.

They are yet to play a decent team too where as we already have City away and Spurs away done and dusted.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #10441: Sep 01, 2014 07:22:15 pm
      Wonder if Van pussycat will be happy about playing second fiddle to Falco? Some talent there now,  but getting them to gel won't be easy. Training ground arguments will hopefully ensue.

Quick Reply