Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2340817 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #11914: Feb 19, 2016 03:30:11 pm
      bit harsh blaming Nesbitt and he is a fan isn't he
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #11915: Feb 19, 2016 03:55:13 pm
      remember their goalie making a few really good saves so actually 2-1 flattered them. If we only we had been having a better season it would have made their fall even more enjoyable than it is.
      And that tall Nigerian lad ran rings around them he reminded me of Benteke .

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #11916: Feb 19, 2016 05:15:30 pm
      Van Gaal blames injuries and Danny Murphy for the debacle of a defeat in the Europa Cup, a tournament which their idiot supporters would have you believe is below them.

https://www.facebook.com/topic/Louis-van-Gaal/111781115506172?source=whfrt&position=2&trqid=6253039400172983164
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #11917: Feb 19, 2016 05:22:48 pm
      I hope they keep him and then employ Maureen who will bankrupt them its all going well
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #11918: Feb 19, 2016 10:38:33 pm

Was searching for the link mate and reposted.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11919: Feb 19, 2016 10:45:14 pm
      Van Gaal blames injuries and Danny Murphy for the debacle of a defeat in the Europa Cup, a tournament which their idiot supporters would have you believe is below them.

https://www.facebook.com/topic/Louis-van-Gaal/111781115506172?source=whfrt&position=2&trqid=6253039400172983164

How long are Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo and Pogba out for?  :f_tongueincheek:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #11921: Feb 20, 2016 08:45:43 am
      Maureen's agent lets slip Milan may want him back and UTD are shitting themselves. I hope they sack him and let Giggs take over .
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,025 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11922: Feb 20, 2016 09:32:41 am
      No no no, not Giggs for fcuk sake  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #11923: Feb 20, 2016 09:51:08 am
      They want Maureen in before the end of the season and have contacted his agent after hearing that Milan are about to offer him his old job.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #11924: Feb 20, 2016 11:01:05 am
      If Maureen gets the job and fails, I am sure Fergie will be the first to complete disassociate himself with the appointment...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #11925: Feb 20, 2016 12:34:15 pm
      If Maureen gets the job and fails, I am sure Fergie will be the first to complete disassociate himself with the appointment...

We can only dream.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #11926: Feb 21, 2016 06:29:42 am
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #11927: Feb 21, 2016 09:37:40 am
      Big game for UTD you know how far your team has fallen when the "biggest club in the world (my arse)" has to beat Shrewsbury
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,025 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11930: Feb 21, 2016 06:43:22 pm

Say bye bye to all your precious youngsters if he does join. Also say bye bye permanently to the 'United way' of playing football.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,025 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11931: Feb 21, 2016 06:52:52 pm
      Say bye bye to all your precious youngsters if he does join. Also say bye bye permanently to the 'United way' of playing football.
      Anything is better than the sh!te were going through at the moment  ;D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,298 posts | 765 
      Reply #11932: Feb 21, 2016 06:55:38 pm
      It would be great if Shrewsbury beat the Mancs tomorrow night, me thinks.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #11933: Feb 21, 2016 06:56:57 pm

Perhaps Mourinho could offer a short term boost to Manchester United but his tendency to burn out after two seasons at clubs has got to be worrying for a club that is crying out and indeed big enough for major reform of its youth regime and the style of football it intends to exhibit. As such, with Guardiola going to City and other things going on with regards to youth oriented and progressive football at Man Utd's rivals, I see little opportunity for Mourinho to do much at Manchester United unless he radically alters his playing and coaching style to CL winning standards and can embed and develop youth. Looking at them without bias, developing those two facets of Manchester United seem crucial for the clubs ability to compete at the highest and most competitive levels in England and Europe. Sadly, it is those two facets in which Mourinho has failed to prove himself in his managerial career.

It makes no sense for Manchester United to go after Mourinho. They would serve themselves better if they went after someone like Pochettino or really pushed the boat out by attempting someone like Thomas Tuchel.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,025 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11934: Feb 21, 2016 07:18:35 pm
      Perhaps Mourinho could offer a short term boost to Manchester United but his tendency to burn out after two seasons at clubs has got to be worrying for a club that is crying out and indeed big enough for major reform of its youth regime and the style of football it intends to exhibit. As such, with Guardiola going to City and other things going on with regards to youth oriented and progressive football at Man Utd's rivals, I see little opportunity for Mourinho to do much at Manchester United unless he radically alters his playing and coaching style to CL winning standards and can embed and develop youth. Looking at them without bias, developing those two facets of Manchester United seem crucial for the clubs ability to compete at the highest and most competitive levels in England and Europe. Sadly, it is those two facets in which Mourinho has failed to prove himself in his managerial career.

It makes no sense for Manchester United to go after Mourinho. They would serve themselves better if they went after someone like Pochettino or really pushed the boat out by attempting someone like Thomas Tuchel.

Problem is though shanks it's got to a stage where anything must be better than what United fans are  enduring at present. It simply can't go on.  :( Obviously from a  Liverpool perspective  you lads are quite rightly loving it.  ;D  We all know chances of the chosen one staying there more than 2/3 years are slim. However, if it gets us back to winning ways then from my stance I will take it for now.  After what happen at the Chavs Mourinho may well of had a big wake up call and change things about some of his policy's that quite rightly are questionable 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #11935: Feb 21, 2016 07:28:43 pm
      Problem is though shanks it's got to a stage where anything must be better than what United fans are  enduring at present. It simply can't go on.  :( Obviously from a  Liverpool perspective  you lads are quite rightly loving it.  ;D  We all know chances of the chosen one staying there more than 2/3 years are slim. However, if it gets us back to winning ways then from my stance I will take it for now.  After what happen at the Chavs Mourinho may well of had a big wake up call and change things about some of his policy's that quite rightly are questionable 

Absolutely I understand the thinking behind wanting Mourinho in context of the style and recent results of LVG. My own personal opinion on LVG was that while the football was trite, the organisation and stability of the team in defending was admirable and I thought that Man Utd would achieve top 4 on that basis alone. Now they don't even look defensively credible there is little justification in keeping LVG. Looking at it as impartially as I can (it takes some strength, I know), I'm just surprised at Man Utd's lack of ambition and forward thinking on the managerial front. Little attempt is made to see if they can prize away a manager already holding down a job and even less of an attempt is made to scope the up and coming new kids on the block who could have the ability, time and patience to set in stone Man Utd for the next generation or so.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,025 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11936: Feb 21, 2016 07:43:14 pm
      Absolutely I understand the thinking behind wanting Mourinho in context of the style and recent results of LVG. My own personal opinion on LVG was that while the football was trite, the organisation and stability of the team in defending was admirable and I thought that Man Utd would achieve top 4 on that basis alone. Now they don't even look defensively credible there is little justification in keeping LVG. Looking at it as impartially as I can (it takes some strength, I know), I'm just surprised at Man Utd's lack of ambition and forward thinking on the managerial front. Little attempt is made to see if they can prize away a manager already holding down a job and even less of an attempt is made to scope the up and coming new kids on the block who could have the ability, time and patience to set in stone Man Utd for the next generation or so.

I'm with you on your thought process and yes quite surprisingly very confused how our management have been very lethargic in their approach . Certainly not befitting of the United way that's for sure. It's worrying times but as a fan I can only wait, wonder and watch what happens. I'm sure you Liverpool fans are enjoying every minute of it though.  ;D

Quick Reply