Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2334577 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #14421: May 08, 2017 05:00:11 pm
      Saw online earlier. The start of their amazing unbeaten run they were 6 points behind us. Fast forward to the end of the amazing run and us slipping up in some games, they've managed to close the gap to 5 points :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14422: May 08, 2017 08:17:56 pm
      Saw online earlier. The start of their amazing unbeaten run they were 6 points behind us. Fast forward to the end of the amazing run and us slipping up in some games, they've managed to close the gap to 5 points :lmao:

Man Utd really are woeful this season, as bad as we've been second half of the season and they still haven't really closed the gap on us. It's all down to one match for them against Ajax, but finals are strange beasts and Ajax seem to be in very good form lately, I imagine Maureen's tactics will be to bore Ajax to death and try to sneek a jammy goal.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #14423: May 08, 2017 08:37:14 pm
      Keith, what is your opinion on this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39840233

'Why Arsenal beat Man Utd but nobody really cares' - Phil Neville

My opinion is Phil Neville has just shown himself to be an idiot.
      Really happy this has gone viral.
      BBC publishing this is showing a real lack of class.
      I for one won't be watching MOTD if that is the best pundits they have.
      If United won he would be saying it was the most important win of the season so far and it puts pressure on Liverpool.
      Such an absolute idiot.

Maybe Carragher can write an article about why Ajax beat United and nobody cares in a few weeks.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #14424: May 08, 2017 08:48:41 pm
      Puts into context just how easy on the eye Ferguson's Man Utd were up against Mourinho's. Even LVG looked like Arrigo Sacchi in comparison. Utterly miserable football.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,950 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14425: May 08, 2017 09:00:37 pm
      Keith, what is your opinion on this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39840233

'Why Arsenal beat Man Utd but nobody really cares' - Phil Neville

My opinion is Phil Neville has just shown himself to be an idiot.
      Really happy this has gone viral.
      BBC publishing this is showing a real lack of class.
      I for one won't be watching MOTD if that is the best pundits they have.
      If United won he would be saying it was the most important win of the season so far and it puts pressure on Liverpool.
      Such an absolute idiot.

Maybe Carragher can write an article about why Ajax beat United and nobody cares in a few weeks.

It's a difficult one for me as I was already asked couple of days before the Arsenal game my thought on prioritising the Premiership or Europa Cup. It was a overwhelming YES!  I choose the Europa Cup and would still make that same call time and time again in the same position.

Much as I'd loved to of beaten Arsenal I wasn't too disappointed being honest. Far far to much at stake now. Being in a situation were you can choose what path you take for CL place was a big advantage so therefore takes the heat off a little.

As for Phil, yeah he's certainly not the brightest spark as a pundit but not as bad as that pr**k Robbie Savage who has to be the worse I've ever heard.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #14426: May 08, 2017 09:56:21 pm
      It's a difficult one for me as I was already asked couple of days before the Arsenal game my thought on prioritising the Premiership or Europa Cup. It was a overwhelming YES!  I choose the Europa Cup and would still make that same call time and time again in the same position.

Much as I'd loved to of beaten Arsenal I wasn't too disappointed being honest. Far far to much at stake now. Being in a situation were you can choose what path you take for CL place was a big advantage so therefore takes the heat off a little.

As for Phil, yeah he's certainly not the brightest spark as a pundit but not as bad as that pr**k Robbie Savage who has to be the worse I've ever heard.

How times have changed. Spend hundreds of millions and in the summer it's always how they are back to dominating again. Yet come the end of the season they are desperate to win the Europa League to get back into the Champions League.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,950 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14427: May 08, 2017 10:02:20 pm
      How times have changed. Spend hundreds of millions and in the summer it's always how they are back to dominating again. Yet come the end of the season they are desperate to win the Europa League to get back into the Champions League.

Your just jealous coz you haven't got the money United have.  ;D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,492 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #14428: May 08, 2017 10:18:49 pm
      Your just jealous coz you haven't got the debt Liverpool have.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #14429: May 08, 2017 11:20:11 pm

Absolutely. The way that money has been spent makes the jealousy near on unbearable. I mean Pogba, wow, that really was something else.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #14430: May 08, 2017 11:23:58 pm

Savage is honest but a little thick, if you want the worst of the worst, it's Pat Nevin by a mile. Disingenuous, snide and I was going to say more, but I'm trying to show restraint.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #14431: May 08, 2017 11:38:11 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,950 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14432: May 09, 2017 08:23:44 am
      Absolutely. The way that money has been spent makes the jealousy near on unbearable. I mean Pogba, wow, that really was something else.

Well at least you admit it all be it in a sardonic way  ;D I'm sure if/when your times comes when you get a new owner you won't be complaining at spunking a few million...(( or 100  :D ))... away fitting into a new side.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,950 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14433: May 09, 2017 08:26:57 am
      Savage is honest but a little thick, if you want the worst of the worst, it's Pat Nevin by a mile. Disingenuous, snide and I was going to say more, but I'm trying to show restraint.

Yes he's up their with the best of sh*te that's for sure. Maybe it's Robbies squeaky voice that tips me over the head more than others.  :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #14434: May 09, 2017 11:22:12 am
      Well at least you admit it all be it in a sardonic way  ;D I'm sure if/when your times comes when you get a new owner you won't be complaining at spunking a few million...(( or 100  :D ))... away fitting into a new side.

I honestly couldn't care less whether we spend 10million or 100million. As far as I'm concerned the money is irrelevant because as you Mancs have proven so well, you can spend 90mill on one player alone and he will still turn out to be sh*t. Quite often the cheaper players are actually the ones who have the greater impact.
      So yeah for me, I am much more interested in signing the right player rather than the wrong player just to try and flex financial muscle.
      If we spend 100million I won't complain and if we spend 10mill I won't complain so long as the money spent is spent effectively and not just thrown away.
      You Mancs spent hundreds of millions over the last few years, yet your best signing was a free transfer and have next to nothing to show for all that money spent.
      We've spent a fair amount of money on defenders yet Matip seems to be the best one we have made and he was a free transfer.
      It's all about the quality of the money being spent, not quantity of it.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #14435: May 09, 2017 03:51:30 pm
      I honestly couldn't care less whether we spend 10million or 100million. As far as I'm concerned the money is irrelevant because as you Mancs have proven so well, you can spend 90mill on one player alone and he will still turn out to be sh*t. Quite often the cheaper players are actually the ones who have the greater impact.
      So yeah for me, I am much more interested in signing the right player rather than the wrong player just to try and flex financial muscle.
      If we spend 100million I won't complain and if we spend 10mill I won't complain so long as the money spent is spent effectively and not just thrown away.
      You Mancs spent hundreds of millions over the last few years, yet your best signing was a free transfer and have next to nothing to show for all that money spent.
      We've spent a fair amount of money on defenders yet Matip seems to be the best one we have made and he was a free transfer.

Their spending has been more a case of financial dick swinging than any reasonable attempt to improve their squad. Something really sad about trying to show they're bigger and better than Real Madrid when they're in the Europa League and 6th place in the PL while Real Madrid are all but assured of another European Cup Final and in a prime position to win the La Liga title.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #14436: May 09, 2017 03:55:04 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton

You're not in that situation, nor does it exist. You could still lose to Celta and if that happens, pay the price for resting players in the league.

Winning the UEFA Cup is about winning a major European trophy, and the chance to play the winners of the other competition for the Super Cup. A European Cup spot should be secondary, and in any case, if you think you should be there, you should be able to get it through your own league when there's 4 spots available.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #14437: May 09, 2017 04:08:20 pm
      At the start of United's magnificent unbeaten run they were 6pts behind Liverpool. 26 matches and a Liverpool collapse later, gap closed to 5.

Can't take credit for that, found it on Twitter. Pretty telling though. 
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 665 posts | 86 
      Reply #14438: May 09, 2017 06:16:47 pm
      Just heard on the radio that Pogba's agent was paid £41,000,000 as part of the deal. Just to put this into some perspective it would take 10,000 Man United fans paying £40 a ticket 5 and a half Premier League home match seasons to pay back,  that's nearly a seventh of all fans paying for someone not connected to the club.

Back in 1970 it took just 300 fans out of a gate of 56,000 each home game to pay for George Best's wages. Where has football gone?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,950 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14439: May 09, 2017 06:18:33 pm

Well considering you've also spent 100s of millions over recent years and taking note of what Liverpool have won you can't exactly say it's been spent wisely KK. Pogba is certainly not sh*te and will get better. Granted he's not playing like a 90 million player yet it's only time before he does (( I think  :) ))
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,950 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14440: May 09, 2017 06:21:44 pm
      Their spending has been more a case of financial dick swinging than any reasonable attempt to improve their squad. Something really sad about trying to show they're bigger and better than Real Madrid when they're in the Europa League and 6th place in the PL while Real Madrid are all but assured of another European Cup Final and in a prime position to win the La Liga title.

Certainly agree Real Madrid have spent more wisely than United and obviously the results prove it. There's not a team in the premiership currently that can beat them
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,950 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14441: May 09, 2017 06:25:08 pm
      You're not in that situation, nor does it exist. You could still lose to Celta and if that happens, pay the price for resting players in the league.

Winning the UEFA Cup is about winning a major European trophy, and the chance to play the winners of the other competition for the Super Cup. A European Cup spot should be secondary, and in any case, if you think you should be there, you should be able to get it through your own league when there's 4 spots available.

Our season isn't over. I'm more than happy the way things are progressing. Considering the money we've spent it should be better. Possibly two cups this year which will be ok. Much as I don't like the Europa Cup it is a big scalp to take.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #14442: May 09, 2017 06:33:35 pm
      Well considering you've also spent 100s of millions over recent years and taking note of what Liverpool have won you can't exactly say it's been spent wisely KK. Pogba is certainly not sh*te and will get better. Granted he's not playing like a 90 million player yet it's only time before he does (( I think  :) ))

Point out where it is I said we have spent our money wisely...
      Difference is though, you spent near on 100mill for 1 player alone and yes, he is sh*te, Juve must be laughing their heads off they got that for him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,950 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14443: May 09, 2017 07:12:30 pm
      Point out where it is I said we have spent our money wisely...
      Difference is though, you spent near on 100mill for 1 player alone and yes, he is sh*te, Juve must be laughing their heads off they got that for him.

Wisely/effectively, I'm not splitting hairs KK. Basically it could of been spent better.

Quick Reply