Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2350460 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #14444: May 09, 2017 08:03:21 pm
      Basically it could of been spent better

Again, where have I said different? If you are on about our spending still that is. I'm not in the slightest bit jealous of the money United throw around *away*. It really doesn't bother me because like I said, all I care about is that when we sign a player, whether it's for barely anything or a lot of money, I am more interested in it being the right signing than us breaking the bank.

So you can hop back on over to wherever you Mancs like to hang out to pretend Pogba is going to be worth that 90mill.
      Although that move is now being investigated by Fifa.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #14445: May 09, 2017 08:03:58 pm
      Wisely/effectively, I'm not splitting hairs KK. Basically it could of been spent better.
      Suarez 24m  to Liverpool.
      Torres 50m to Chelsea.
      Countinho 8m to Liverpool.
      Pogba 90m to United

It's all about buying players before they are famous.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14446: May 09, 2017 08:35:58 pm
      Torres 50m to Chelsea.
      Pogba 90m to United

We could go on and on Rib. I could name the bad signing but don't want to get into a slanging match with you or any other member.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,462 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #14447: May 09, 2017 08:51:38 pm
      Just heard on the radio that Pogba's agent was paid £41,000,000 as part of the deal. Just to put this into some perspective it would take 10,000 Man United fans paying £40 a ticket 5 and a half Premier League home match seasons to pay back,  that's nearly a seventh of all fans paying for someone not connected to the club.

Back in 1970 it took just 300 fans out of a gate of 56,000 each home game to pay for George Best's wages. Where has football gone?

And fifa are going to investigate the transfer
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #14448: May 09, 2017 10:07:06 pm
      Yes he's up their with the best of sh*te that's for sure. Maybe it's Robbies squeaky voice that tips me over the head more than others.  :lmao:

I listen to 606, as a podcast, at 1.5 speed, everyone is a bit squeaky. I miss Alan Green on 606, by far my favourite commentator.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #14449: May 09, 2017 10:56:51 pm
      And fifa are going to investigate the transfer

Can FIFA charge the Mancs for stupidity  :D

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14450: May 09, 2017 11:42:43 pm
      Just heard on the radio that Pogba's agent was paid £41,000,000 as part of the deal. Just to put this into some perspective it would take 10,000 Man United fans paying £40 a ticket 5 and a half Premier League home match seasons to pay back,  that's nearly a seventh of all fans paying for someone not connected to the club.

Back in 1970 it took just 300 fans out of a gate of 56,000 each home game to pay for George Best's wages. Where has football gone?

What you need to do is work out how many transfers have been done since Chelsea / Inter Milan and Porto days using Mourinho's own agents or connected people.   Same people involved with him on the Scum deals.

Taking it both ends I think its called .
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14451: May 10, 2017 12:04:58 am
      Point out where it is I said we have spent our money wisely...
      Difference is though, you spent near on 100mill for 1 player alone and yes, he is sh*te, Juve must be laughing their heads off they got that for him.

Certainly doesn't seem like Juventus are missing Pogba that much does it. I wouldn't go as far as to call him sh*t, but he is just another above average midfielder and not even close to the £90mil valuation.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #14452: May 10, 2017 12:06:48 am
      I listen to 606, as a podcast, at 1.5 speed, everyone is a bit squeaky. I miss Alan Green on 606, by far my favourite commentator.

Divisive but I think Green is excellent as well. 606 was always listenable when he was on. Seemed to get his fair share of roasters calling in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnlACYU0R_k
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14453: May 10, 2017 12:15:23 am
      Certainly doesn't seem like Juventus are missing Pogba that much does it. I wouldn't go as far as to call him sh*t, but he is just another above average midfielder and not even close to the £90mil valuation.

They seem a lot better off without him for sure. You're probably right there, but for me, when a player costs that much money and has a season like he has, he falls into the sh*t category. It comes to something when Lucas has the same amount of assists as a £90mill player in much less game time and has played CB at times too.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #14454: May 10, 2017 04:10:03 am
      Torres 50m to Chelsea.
      Pogba 90m to United

Sami Hyypia, £2.6 Million, Rio Ferdinand £30 Million.

THIS is the difference. Out of the two, give me Hyypia any day.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #14455: May 10, 2017 11:26:01 am
      We could go on and on Rib. I could name the bad signing but don't want to get into a slanging match with you or any other member.
      So can I, Ronaldo, 12m to United and Carrol 35m to Liverpool.. I was not talking about Liverpool's signings being any better, I was making a point that often the less famous players make the name at the club after being purchased and play better than big signing flops.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14456: May 10, 2017 11:55:15 am

Agreed.

The whole thing with Pogba stinks.
      Even in the beginning Man U screwed over Le Havre by doing a backhand deal to buy his parents a house for 87,000 pounds in France.
      Then whilst he was at Man U Pogba with his agent Raiola signed a secret deal for the end of his contract to move to Juventus.
      Whisky Nose said  in July 2012 when he left ....that Pogba had signed for Italian club Juventus "a long time ago as far as we're aware."

Ferguson also accused Pogba of disrespecting Manchester United, saying,

"It is disappointing.
       I don't think he showed us any respect at all, to be honest.
       I'm quite happy that if they carry on that way, they're probably better doing it away from us."

So hang on .....we are talking Ferguson here !!! ( Are you listening Keith ? )

Ferguson isn't he on the Board. 
      The man who casts The Great Shadow .
      This is the man that said the above..... and yet then allows 89 million big ones to be paid out on him four years later?

Was he on a cut of the deal as well ?
      Every one has their price over their principles .... it seems even Fergie can eat his words if the money is right.

The plot thickens.
      Ed Woodward wanted him back at Man U two years ago so Fergie must have known about that.

Perhaps this investigation will reveal all.  With FIFA now involved in another scandal perhaps it wont.

It will make our Academy thing look very small.

Perhaps the Luis / Evra  thing he was behind will come back and bite him on the Arse .

Such fun.

Watch this space .
      « Last Edit: May 10, 2017 12:10:11 pm by MIRO »
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 455 
      Reply #14457: May 10, 2017 12:26:05 pm
      So utd paid 40m to an agent?  wow!  And now to smooth this out they need to go Zurich with watches, a bag full my guess!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,462 posts | 3429 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #14458: May 10, 2017 12:35:25 pm
      So utd paid 40m to an agent?  wow!  And now to smooth this out they need to go Zurich with watches, a bag full my guess!

Same agent as zlatan and mikhitaryan, the man who admitted throwing a chair during his meeting with dortmund officials about mikhitaryan move to unted
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 455 
      Reply #14459: May 10, 2017 12:45:47 pm
      It just has a bad odour to it. Like Mira has pointed out.   How the hell can an agent make that much.  More than Juve and more than the player himself.   This is the wrong thread, but surely the agent fees need to be re-analysed?   Because noway they should be getting more than the selling club or the player!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,025 posts | 3959 
      Reply #14460: May 10, 2017 01:08:14 pm
      Agreed.

The whole thing with Pogba stinks.
      Even in the beginning Man U screwed over Le Havre by doing a backhand deal to buy his parents a house for 87,000 pounds in France.
      The plot thickens.

Such fun.

Watch this space .

Cannot wait for the next episode Skip.
      We'll chortle our F***ing heads off when Ajax wipe the floor with them, a small diversion from the ongoing crumbling of the Mourinho F**k up.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14461: May 10, 2017 02:14:12 pm
      Zlatan's goal bonus ...

2.86 million for 28 goals ?   FFS.

386,000 squid per week.

The first five goals  worth £47,000-each , rising to £79,000 for the next five, £111,000 for the following five, then £143,000 for five more and his last eight goals he trousered £119,000-each...

(his goal against us on January 15th = was a 143,000 pound one)

and they may not even get the Champions League ...

Mu Ha Ha !
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #14462: May 10, 2017 06:17:15 pm
      I think FIFA will see the agent payment as a Bribe. Not too sure Juve can be punished for this is the money went to the players agent from United. I would imagine United will get a transfer ban and a huge fine.
      « Last Edit: May 10, 2017 06:23:21 pm by Ribapuru »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #14463: May 11, 2017 08:07:47 am
      I think FIFA will see the agent payment as a Bribe. Not too sure Juve can be punished for this is the money went to the players agent from United. I would imagine United will get a transfer ban and a huge fine.

And then the bas**rds will just carry on as usual.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #14464: May 11, 2017 09:55:09 am
      And then the bas**rds will just carry on as usual.
      BBC says they didn't break any rules this morning, they just want to discuss about it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #14465: May 11, 2017 12:42:22 pm
      BBC says they didn't break any rules this morning, they just want to discuss about it.

It looks from hearing everything that they haven't, it's just Mina Riola being a greedy pr**k!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,128 posts | 2743 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14466: May 11, 2017 01:16:53 pm
      It looks from hearing everything that they haven't, it's just Mina Riola being a greedy pr**k!

Think that was always the case mate. How does he get away with it every time  >:(

Quick Reply