Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2337322 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #14513: May 16, 2017 12:57:28 am
      Their failure to qualify for the CL will mean a £30m reduction in Adidas sponsorship money for the mancs.

Not for the first time either.
      For what was meant to be a record breaking sponsorship deal, they've probably lost out on more than they've been given.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14514: May 16, 2017 07:40:08 am
      Why do you guys worry about our sponsorships deals  ;D Even if it goes pear shape it's only one player.... Most times  :f_whistle:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #14515: May 16, 2017 09:08:05 am
      Why do you guys worry about our sponsorships deals  ;D Even if it goes pear shape it's only one player.... Most times  :f_whistle:

Not worrying Keith it's more of a gloating thing.
      You and your buddies should be worried about who is gonna stump up the mega-millions to get the club out the sh*t, you are where you are because Glazer snr is gone and his offspring have taken over.
      It's a different ball game and it's you who should be worried.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14516: May 16, 2017 01:35:11 pm
      Not worrying Keith it's more of a gloating thing.
      You and your buddies should be worried about who is gonna stump up the mega-millions to get the club out the sh*t, you are where you are because Glazer snr is gone and his offspring have taken over.
      It's a different ball game and it's you who should be worried.

Not at all worried stuey as their will always be someone wanting to be a part of the biggest and best club in the world.  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #14517: May 16, 2017 01:47:15 pm
      Not at all worried stuey as their will always be someone wanting to be a part of the biggest and best club in the world.  ;D

When they're well off the pace and in need of a total rebuild?
      Glazer's siblings might just say 'F**k it' and you end up with owner's who are only concerned with creaming the club.
      ''Biggest'' possibly, ''best'' no way mate.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14518: May 16, 2017 02:44:10 pm

You can't be talking about United then.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #14519: May 16, 2017 03:29:07 pm
      The mancs have reported a loss of £3.8m for the first three months of this year as operating costs soar.
      The loss contrasts with a £13.7m profit for the same period last year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39933026
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2017 03:37:24 pm by stuey »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14520: May 16, 2017 03:37:05 pm
      When they're well off the pace and in need of a total rebuild?
      Glazer's siblings might just say 'f**k it' and you end up with owner's who are only concerned with creaming the club.
      ''Biggest'' possibly, ''best'' no way mate.

Certainly not way off the best and still plenty of spending needed to compete with the best European sides.  I'm just thankful as a fan they have the funds which over 90% of the premiership don't.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14521: May 16, 2017 03:37:55 pm
      You can't be talking about United then.

Well it couldn't be Liverpool could it.  :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #14522: May 16, 2017 03:41:23 pm
      Certainly not way off the best and still plenty of spending needed to compete with the best European sides.  I'm just thankful as a fan they have the funds which over 90% of the premiership don't.

If you have the funds why haven't they been used to prevent the balls up which sees them out of the CL and facing crisis if you don't win the Europa cup?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14523: May 16, 2017 04:09:24 pm
      No of course not far from it. He has his own individualistic of how he likes to across that obviously winds up his rivals.. (( there're many  ;D ))  but like I've always said his character is loved or hated. I loved him at the Chavs and struggle to dislike him no matter what he does wrong.  :-\

At the end of the day he has what it takes..(( Providing he gets the £££ )) to make any team  successful. His football isn't always exciting I know, but quite often he gets the job done.

Even if we don't win the Europa Cup he's has a decent first year in charge winning the Micky Mouse Cup, running deep in the FA Cup & obviously reaching the final of The Europa Cup. 98% of the Premiership teams would consider that a great season for any club yet alone the fact. It's his first season at United.

Ok you like the guy, I get that, so I wish you many many happy years together :-), because from my perspective he's lost it, he just doesn't have that magic any more and his interviews are just getting more and more embarrassing now, in the same way as Brendan Rodger's interviews were embarrassing when he was talking about the great character showed by the players after a 6-0 loss to Stoke  ;-)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14524: May 16, 2017 04:37:43 pm
      If you have the funds why haven't they been used to prevent the balls up which sees them out of the CL and facing crisis if you don't win the Europa cup?

Money doesn't always garuntee success stuey we both know that. It certainly helps though. If we don't get CL via Europa Cup this thread will go into meltdown with record posters/numbers and I will go into hiding (( only joking  ;D ))

DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #14525: May 16, 2017 04:43:16 pm
      Money doesn't always garuntee success stuey we both know that. It certainly helps though. If we don't get CL via Europa Cup this thread will go into meltdown with record posters/numbers and I will go into hiding (( only joking  ;D ))

>:D

You know it!! 20 new pages+ We wait for that moment....

(and hope you don't win it)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14526: May 16, 2017 04:44:53 pm
      Ok you like the guy, I get that, so I wish you many many happy years together :-), because from my perspective he's lost it, he just doesn't have that magic any more and his interviews are just getting more and more embarrassing now, in the same way as Brendan Rodger's interviews were embarrassing when he was talking about the great character showed by the players after a 6-0 loss to Stoke  ;-)

Like him is a understatement  ;D How can you say he doesn't have the magic when it's only his first season in charge? That just doesn't make sense taking into account what he's already done this year. If he wins the Europa Cup how many managers could boast his achievements in 12 months? Are there any??

I'm with you on Rodgers. For any manager to turn round and say Celtic would be in the top 4/6 of the premiership must be deluded.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14527: May 16, 2017 04:45:50 pm
      >:D

You know it!! 20 new pages+ We wait for that moment....

(and hope you don't win it)

Sadly yes I do.  ;D However, I can take it  ;D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #14528: May 16, 2017 04:57:24 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14529: May 16, 2017 05:19:20 pm

Some of you lads know more about United than their fans.  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #14530: May 16, 2017 05:23:36 pm
      Some of you lads know more about United than their fans.  ;D

Says a manc obsessed about all things scouse ;)

Isn't it a bit ironic, don't you think?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14531: May 16, 2017 05:31:27 pm
      Says a manc obsessed about all things scouse ;)

Isn't it a bit ironic, don't you think?

That's very true, so there's two that think like me after all  ;D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #14532: May 16, 2017 05:36:37 pm
      You underestimate the nature of football. If United don't make champions league it is not just they will have less money, but the club will cost more to run. Let me explain. Who is going to join United rather than Spurs based on history? Nobody, the way United will get players over Spurs is bigger wages. It doesn't end there, De Gea, Rojo go to start with.. unless they get a pay rise... yes! the current squad will want a pay rise or move. The players that join are often not great, more like 2nd tier or potential. Then the chairmen aren't profiting so what do they do? Sell players. You have a smaller, less talented squad nobody wants to join. What do the chairmen do? Sell the club. Then the rebuilding starts. United are still falling! they didn't get to the rebuilding stage yet. This Ajax game is the biggest in United recent history. United beat Ajax they can recover in the summer. United lose and I think it is meltdown at United.

Ajax season has already finished. They are having a well deserved rest whilst United's injury ridden squad still has league games to play.
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2017 05:44:40 pm by Ribapuru »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #14533: May 16, 2017 06:10:03 pm
      I,m not laughing at the Mancs just yet (although have had a few chuckles at paying 90m for Pogba). If they lose against Ajax which I think they will, not because of tiredness but simply Ajax are better, then my year is made. Wait a minute, add we have to beat Boro.  :drinking:

There'll be chuckles galore when De Gea fucks off, they would be mid-table for sure only for his game-saving performances.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #14534: May 16, 2017 07:14:54 pm
      There'll be chuckles galore when De Gea fucks off, they would be mid-table for sure only for his game-saving performances.

They have the perfect replacement, and he's ready and waiting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rETlHAFOHsQ

Torino-Napoli 0-5 - HD HIGHLIGHTS - 14/05/2017
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #14535: May 16, 2017 09:10:58 pm
      I saw that game the other day, Hart was awful, 3 of the goals he should have saved, the other 2 a good keeper may have saved.

Quick Reply