Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2340414 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #14605: May 24, 2017 10:17:53 pm
      Really can't begrudge United their cup victory given the week that's in it.

Congrats.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #14606: May 24, 2017 10:33:18 pm
      Really can't begrudge United their cup victory given the week that's in it.

Congrats.

Not begrudging, just a really poor game to watch. Ajax didn't deserve it, they were clueless.

Sport is supposed to be entertaining. That was anything but...

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #14607: May 24, 2017 10:36:57 pm
      Damp squib of a final, but all Utd could do was beat what was put in front of them. Ajax were very F***ing poor.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #14608: May 24, 2017 10:38:25 pm
      Some positives tonight at least. Mourinho is pretty much entrenched in Old Trafford.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14609: May 24, 2017 10:38:36 pm
      Not begrudging, just a really poor game to watch. Ajax didn't deserve it, they were clueless.

Sport is supposed to be entertaining. That was anything but...

Mark we would all like exciting football. However, you know all to well, it doesn't always happen. Sometimes it's the result what matters first.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #14610: May 24, 2017 10:39:05 pm
      Good God what an easy final for United, Ajax were utter garbage, no passion or skill at all.
      Why oh why couldn't we have had Ajax last year.

Anyway well done United you beat what was in front of you and hopefully brought some joy to the people of Manchester, welcome to the CL.

Not winning the EL last season was a blessing in disguise for us.

We would have been dumped out at some stage at a major cost to finishing in the top 4.

We don't have the squad to compete in both the PL and CL.

We might have it next season.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #14611: May 24, 2017 10:52:38 pm
      Sorry, but I disagree with that statement. Congrats indeed, but it was awful to watch. Sport is supposed to be entertaining, that was anything but...

Listen man, Man U could never entertain me in winning no matter how they played.  And I am sure they couldn't entertain you.  But I know what you mean.  But hey Keith Posts on this forum with a lot of dignity.  Most posters give him a lot of stick and it is easy when it is 1 against the lot of us.   
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #14612: May 24, 2017 11:37:27 pm
      Typical classy Utd players celebrating!!

https://twitter.com/YourMCFC/status/867504366244311040
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #14613: May 25, 2017 12:45:04 am
      I wonder if Ferguson is celebrating that much..they're wanking out for winning two trophies but does it count that much if they're the second hand trophies ?
      If that's the standard Mourinho is setting may it long continue xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #14614: May 25, 2017 01:32:36 am
      You don't actually count the charity shield do you? No one else does do they? But yeah, ultimately a better season than Liverpool. Even if the quality of the football was less than Sunday league standard.

Why not? I did when Houillier won the bugger!
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #14615: May 25, 2017 01:37:11 am
      I wonder if Ferguson is celebrating that much..they're wanking out for winning two trophies but does it count that much if they're the second hand trophies ?
      If that's the standard Mourinho is setting may it long continue xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

End of the day they are trophies. And lets be honest here it would be nice if we actually picked one or two up lately, regardless of what trophies they are. All this so called investment and we have had feck all to show for it. I would like us start adding to our history again, not looking back with wistful longing.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #14616: May 25, 2017 02:46:31 am

United fans and officials said before the final that the match was secondary to the "pain and suffering" in Manchester since the attack.

Uh huh, do they know that?
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #14617: May 25, 2017 08:18:20 am
      How anyone can argue that United have not had a more successful season that us is baffling.

2 Cups and automatic entry into the CL.

In the Europa league thread I saw the comments "its the mickey mouse cup" etc etc. When we got turned over by Southampton in the semi there was uproar on the thread.

I hate Mourinho with a passion and the club he now buys players for but lets not turn into the Mancs or Bitters and deny the obvious here.

They wont get any congratulations from me but in terms of who has had the better season AGAIN its clearly this lot.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #14618: May 25, 2017 09:23:21 am
      How anyone can argue that United have not had a more successful season that us is baffling.

2 Cups and automatic entry into the CL.

Don't think anybody is are they?  I think we all would have swapped our season for theirs. 

If we had beaten Sevilla and Man City in the cup finals last year it would have been a great season.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #14619: May 25, 2017 09:48:16 am
      Don't think anybody is are they?  I think we all would have swapped our season for theirs. 

If we had beaten Sevilla and Man City in the cup finals last year it would have been a great season.

Yes. I am.

I don't believe they have had a better season than us considering the expectations of the sides. Not in the slightest.

This cup was a nothing contest. Not a single decent team stood against them. It was like asking Utd to go and play in the Championship and see if they could win. Sure enough, I'd expect Utd to do well there.

Nothing like the Europa cup of last season.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #14620: May 25, 2017 09:51:44 am
      But hey Keith Posts on this forum with a lot of dignity.  Most posters give him a lot of stick and it is easy when it is 1 against the lot of us.

I never give him stick as he's actually a decent bloke.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #14621: May 25, 2017 09:57:05 am
      I don't believe they have had a better season than us considering the expectations of the sides. Not in the slightest.

This cup was a nothing contest. Not a single decent team stood against them. It was like asking Utd to go and play in the Championship and see if they could win. Sure enough, I'd expect Utd to do well there.

Nothing like the Europa cup of last season.

Wholeheartedly agree that the Europa League this season was back to its usual poorer standard.  Unfortunately for us last year through whatever circumstances (mainly the quality of the Champions League arrivers) it was a way more competitive tournament.

And yeah, considering the shitload of money they spent and the fact we didn't spend, I'd much rather have our team.  I think we're a better team at the moment.

But they did win two trophies and have qualified for the CL outright.  They were the most successful side in 2 of the 4 competitions they entered this season and we were the most successful in zero.  Again.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,761 posts | 886 
      Reply #14622: May 25, 2017 09:59:37 am

But they did win two trophies and have qualified for the CL outright.  They were the most successful side in 2 of the 4 competitions they entered this season and we were the most successful in zero.  Again.

Can't argue with that.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14623: May 25, 2017 10:33:50 am
      I never give him stick as he's actually a decent bloke.
      Being honest Daz there's only a handful of members I know to avoid confrontation with. I basically don't reply to their post as you'll get no reasoning with them. The majority of members I do have great banter with and they know the difference between a wum and banter.

I said yesterday the good thing about having me on here (( if any )) is so you can take the piss when we lose instead of you all agreeing were cu*ts (( which some of us are  ;D ))  and no feed back to have any banter. 

Would be very boring on the manc thread if no manc to give you some feed back..... Friendly of course.  ;D
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #14624: May 25, 2017 10:59:41 am
      After last night and Michael Owen counting himself as a manc, there is a petition under way to remove him from his ambassadorial role within our club. Which by the way, I signed.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #14625: May 25, 2017 11:02:10 am
      Wholeheartedly agree that the Europa League this season was back to its usual poorer standard.  Unfortunately for us last year through whatever circumstances (mainly the quality of the Champions League arrivers) it was a way more competitive tournament.

And yeah, considering the shitload of money they spent and the fact we didn't spend, I'd much rather have our team.  I think we're a better team at the moment.

At the end of the day success is gauged by trophies won and unfortunately for us, the Mancs won two this season despite the negative football tactics of Maureen 😞

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #14626: May 25, 2017 11:06:14 am
      Mark we would all like exciting football. However, you know all to well, it doesn't always happen. Sometimes it's the result what matters first.

Does when I'm playing 5 a side 😎
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #14627: May 25, 2017 11:08:37 am
      Not winning the EL last season was a blessing in disguise for us.

We would have been dumped out at some stage at a major cost to finishing in the top 4.

We don't have the squad to compete in both the PL and CL.

We might have it next season.

No. Not having that. You never turn down the chance of winning trophies. That's what success and more importantly, memories are made of...

Big thumbs down from me for that comment...

Quick Reply