Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2372870 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #14628: May 25, 2017 11:18:22 am
      Don't think anybody is are they?  I think we all would have swapped our season for theirs. 

If we had beaten Sevilla and Man City in the cup finals last year it would have been a great season.

And there is the rub, yes Man Utd beat who was in front of them but bloody hell they had an easy route to the Europa cup compared to ours last year, it really doesn't even compare, even the League cup they had a fairly easy route to the final, facing Hull over 2 legs in the semi final compared to us facing a dogged Southampton with a depleted misfiring squad, then when Southampton got to the final they choke.
      On the question of whose season would I rather have I would still go with ours, I honestly value league position higher than either of these 2 trophies and in the league Man Utd were crap, playing very negative boring football whilst at times we were absolutely brilliant.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #14629: May 25, 2017 11:35:11 am
      They won three trophys are already in the champions league , we are yet to qualify of course they have had a better season , have they played great football no way is their manager a horrible c**t oh yes are they over rated very much so I feel .
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #14630: May 25, 2017 12:38:34 pm

Would be very boring on the manc thread if no manc to give you some feed back..... Friendly of course.  ;D

100% agree with that!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #14631: May 25, 2017 12:47:54 pm

So, it was for Manchester and putting rivalries aside, right? Seriously, wtf?

Even before this, and after their win, I just felt they wanted to win it for themselves so they could brag rather than for the city. Absolutely classless club after Fergie left imo.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1545 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #14632: May 25, 2017 01:07:45 pm
      Keith's alright

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #14633: May 25, 2017 01:11:34 pm
      First season at the scum and the c**t has already won more trophies than we have in the last decade.

"The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread"

yeah right.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14634: May 25, 2017 01:32:51 pm

Agreed, but that video is not, classless that in light of what has just happened.

Solidarity at times like this is vital and singing that, let alone choosing to post it is downright moronic.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14635: May 25, 2017 01:59:33 pm
      First season at the scum and the c**t has already won more trophies than we have in the last decade.

yeah right.

I'm fu**ed if I know Mourinho's secret but he does have a uncanny nack of winning trophies no matter wher he goes. Was nice to see (( in your words and many others  ;D )) the c**t let his hair down during the celebrations. As a fan I love seeing my manager doing this.

I wish he was a bit like Klopp as he's very passionate during and after most matches, it's something I like to see which doesn't happen enough in the Premiership.

Anyway, for the record I do hope Liverpool qualify for the group stage. Reason being? So we can hopefully knock you fuckers out at some stage  :D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14636: May 25, 2017 02:23:45 pm

They always have to go on about someone else when they have some success. Why not try enjoying the success while it lasts because at the end of the day, they are still nowhere near City's level and I think City would much rather be comfortably in the top 4 and getting stronger in the Champions League than finishing 6th and winning the Europa. Muppets
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #14637: May 25, 2017 02:25:33 pm
      Being honest Daz there's only a handful of members I know to avoid confrontation with. I basically don't reply to their post as you'll get no reasoning with them. The majority of members I do have great banter with and they know the difference between a wum and banter.

I said yesterday the good thing about having me on here (( if any )) is so you can take the piss when we lose instead of you all agreeing were cu*ts (( which some of us are  ;D ))  and no feed back to have any banter. 

Would be very boring on the manc thread if no manc to give you some feed back..... Friendly of course.  ;D

You still here?!  ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #14638: May 25, 2017 03:04:59 pm
      Anyway, for the record I do hope Liverpool qualify for the group stage. Reason being? So we can hopefully knock you fuckers out at some stage  :D

Still smarting after getting knocked out by us in our one and only European tie so far ;)

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #14639: May 25, 2017 03:58:46 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14640: May 25, 2017 04:12:26 pm

Afraid so  ;D Not been a naughty boy.  :)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14641: May 25, 2017 04:14:38 pm
      Still smarting after getting knocked out by us in our one and only European tie so far ;)

I can't remember that far back HR  :D
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,886 posts | 704 
      Reply #14642: May 25, 2017 05:00:27 pm
      Quote from Beerbelly

yeah right.

Yeah it is that thread alright, and it's not designed for us to come in and start giving them credit and praise for how great their season was, after finishing 6th and setting new records of crap in the league. They're more interested in getting the European Cup spot than a major European trophy. The coach couldn't be bothered to get up off his seat when they scored, let alone celebrate.

The UEFA Cup is a great competition, providing us and other clubs with memories that last forever. It was our first European trophy, and it had the greatest European final ever against Alaves. We have beaten everyone from Barcelona to Bruges to Borussia Dortmund in it. The most notable thing about the final this year is Ajax got cold feet, and it will be a footnote of the season.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #14643: May 25, 2017 05:42:49 pm
      Agree entirely with that post above. Some people seem to forget the animosity between our clubs,getting too nicey nicey for my liking. Scum is scum as scum are.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #14644: May 25, 2017 09:07:00 pm
      I can't remember that far back HR  :D

Here you go a reminder ;)

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14645: May 25, 2017 09:20:03 pm

Looks like it's been photo shopped to me  :f_whistle:
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #14646: May 25, 2017 09:53:15 pm
      I'm fu**ed if I know Mourinho's secret but he does have a uncanny nack of winning trophies no matter wher he goes.

I'm not sure there any big secret to it mate. He is a very good defensive coach, very good at stopping others playing, getting teams organised and disciplined. And once he has instilled that he goes out and buys the best attacking players money can buy. Unfortunately that's what will bloody happen at United next season.

As for the result, FairPlay, given all that has happened in the city this week at least it will have provided a lift to people in such a dark dark week. The result didn't sting me the way it usually would. I don't know how the city fans received the result?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #14647: May 25, 2017 10:18:01 pm
      Jose lauded for winning trophies yet they were essentially handed one trophy by the officials cheating Saints out the game and then Ajax may as well of just handed the trophy to them and not turned up.

Put them up against what we had in finals last season and it would have been a different story.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,284 posts | 2765 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14648: May 25, 2017 10:36:50 pm
      I'm not sure there any big secret to it mate. He is a very good defensive coach, very good at stopping others playing, getting teams organised and disciplined. And once he has instilled that he goes out and buys the best attacking players money can buy. Unfortunately that's what will bloody happen at United next season.

As for the result, FairPlay, given all that has happened in the city this week at least it will have provided a lift to people in such a dark dark week. The result didn't sting me the way it usually would. I don't know how the city fans received the result?

Absolute no doubt in my mind defensively he's the best. If United score a early goal it now possibly put opponents thinking it's near impossible to get 2 past them. Slowly but surely Mourhino is building a squad that can win the Premiership.

The summer transfer window is now imperative to both United & Liverpool as currently neither can win it next year on the evidence I've seen in 2017.

Our noisy neighbours obviously don't like the city currently being red as we've over shadowed them this year.  ;D However, the majority of United still have you guys as our biggest rivals even though the money isn't freely available to Liverpool for transfers like it is the Manchester clubs.

Looking at Mourinho possible new transfer targets it certainly looks the United way is going out of the window.  :-\ I suppose something has to give with his style of play (( parking the bus )) as personally I would love to see some pace on the left/right wings like the olden days under Sir Alex.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #14649: May 25, 2017 10:44:03 pm
      It's surprising how quick United fans chuck away the 'we want to play good football' for a couple of cups that, at various times, their current manager hs branded as tin pot trophies.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #14650: May 25, 2017 10:49:32 pm
      It's surprising how quick United fans chuck away the 'we want to play good football' for a couple of cups that, at various times, their current manager hs branded as tin pot trophies.

I guess winning the tin pot cups has help paper over the cracks of this season & money spent during the summer..

I bet they break the £200 million mark this summer.

Quick Reply