Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2333594 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,925 posts | 2705 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #14697: Jun 14, 2017 01:40:38 pm
      About time you won a trophy we've already won three times!!

Didn't know you'd won the Europa Cup once  :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #14698: Jun 14, 2017 01:44:19 pm
      Didn't know you'd won the Europa Cup once  :f_whistle:

Europa League soft-arse!!

Well you did say it used to be called the Uefa Cup, didn't you?

And the last time would of been when we won our second treble   ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,925 posts | 2705 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14699: Jun 14, 2017 01:50:49 pm

And the last time would of been when we won our second treble   ;D

Was you alive then  :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14700: Jun 14, 2017 01:53:47 pm
      First of all there was no luck involved winning the Europa Cup. We battered Ajax in the final and fully deserved the win. Granted it wasn't a relatively hard fixture list getting to the final. However, like I've said before and will say again! you can only beat what's put in front of you.

For what it's worth I actually agree with you it isn't fair that you can go straight into group stages of CL via winning the Europa Cup. I too prefer the old system. That's not Uniteds fault though. They abide by the rules & regulations like we all do.

The problem prior to getting CL football in Europa Cup is the fact it was definitely treated as a competition that not many of us were to bothered about unless reaching semi final status, only then as a fan we all want to win it. With failing numbers the competition needed a uplift. Being fair it was a clever idea by the powers that be to grant the winners automatic qualification for CL football.  Much as I still don't like the Europa Cup and the system used  it certainly brought the excitement back knowing if your teams wins you can still get CL football.

When it was called the Eufa Cup we classed it as major  trophy which to be fair still is. However, the name change in my opinion did it no favours and fans globally took a disliking for it. Fans who played CL then took the piss (( rightly so )) about playing Europa football on a Thursday nite.

I can tell you (( now from experience))  now the Europa Cup does bring a bit of spice back if you reach the quarterfinals/semi final stages. Didn't think it would but sitting in front of the TV finals nite I had a right buzz.  Great nite...... If your a United fan of course.  ;D

Well you were slightly fortunate in the oppostion you faced in the UEFA Cup, ie the fact that you only played sh*t teams including in the final, mind you you still managed to make a tough game out of the quarter and semi final legs so thanks for that!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #14701: Jun 14, 2017 02:08:27 pm

Yeah was in Dortmund as well to see us win it  :f_whistle: and will be celebrating my 40th when we tw*t you all over Anfield in October ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,925 posts | 2705 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14702: Jun 14, 2017 04:58:20 pm
      Yeah was in Dortmund as well to see us win it  :f_whistle: and will be celebrating my 40th when we tw*t you all over Anfield in October ;)

Woooo I'll give you the Dortmund   ;D It's nice when your not just a arm chair support and you go to the matches as well.  :). As for October 14th!! Recent years we're doing well against you guys  ;) I don't expect many changes cometh the hour  :f_whistle:..... "Well" 90 mins  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14703: Jun 14, 2017 10:07:54 pm
      First of all there was no luck involved winning the Europa Cup. We battered Ajax in the final and fully deserved the win. Granted it wasn't a relatively hard fixture list getting to the final. However, like I've said before and will say again! you can only beat what's put in front of you.

I'm not on about the final, I'm on about your entire run in the competition in general. At least you recognise you only won it because you came up against a load of sh*t the entire way. Had the run we did and you wouldn't have been going into the Champions League now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,925 posts | 2705 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14704: Jun 14, 2017 11:25:39 pm
      I'm not on about the final, I'm on about your entire run in the competition in general. At least you recognise you only won it because you came up against a load of sh*t the entire way. Had the run we did and you wouldn't have been going into the Champions League now.

On paper I agree Liverpools run harder. However, no use second guessing what we would/could of been. As a fan and I'm sure I speak for all of us the easier run your teams gets the better. Remember! People only remember the winners and not how they did it. Look at Arsenal's run in the FA Cup..
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #14705: Jun 15, 2017 08:46:11 am
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      First of all there was no luck involved winning the Europa Cup. We battered Ajax in the final and fully deserved the win.

When it was called the Eufa Cup we classed it as major  trophy which to be fair still is. However, the name change in my opinion did it no favours and fans globally took a disliking for it. Fans who played CL then took the piss (( rightly so )) about playing Europa football on a Thursday nite.

The name change has the same effect as with the other competition, i.e. none whatsoever. It's exactly the same thing. Like calling Tottenham "Spurs". Same trophy. Same thing.

The UEFA Cup has an image problem.
      The problem is not the travelling, nor the football, it's the Thursday night. The English just don't want to play on a Thursday night. The rest of Europe don't have any issue with it. Without European football, we had the ko times of 31 league games changed last season, 17 at home. The days of playing every week on Saturday at 3pm  disappeared 30 years ago. Now you have to be prepared to play anytime from lunchtime to bedtime, sometimes in successive games.

As regards the European opposition, most of them are of a decent standard, certainly on a par with the plodders and cannon fodder in the EPL. Rostov and Anderlecht could have knocked them out, while Celta should have knocked them out. Meanwhile, their main supply of goals last year has vanished, and they brought in another Swede who wasn't a free transfer, nobody has ever heard of, the fee they paid was as usual completely ott, and will probably be found out and seen on loan at somewhere like West Brom soon enough.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14706: Jun 15, 2017 08:56:23 pm
      Admit it Keith  .....  just like RVP and his help for your title run .....  have you calculated where you would have ended up without Zlatan's goal fest for you.

Lucky the old leg went at season's end wasn't it ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,925 posts | 2705 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14707: Jun 15, 2017 10:52:27 pm
      Admit it Keith  .....  just like RVP and his help for your title run .....  have you calculated where you would have ended up without Zlatan's goal fest for you.

Yeah but that's like saying if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle  ;D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #14708: Jun 17, 2017 12:10:17 am
      I was just wondering, has Giggs apologised to his brother yet?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,121 posts | 2772 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #14709: Jun 17, 2017 08:15:13 am

Stupid arguement. They paid good money and good wages for those 2 and got the returns. Wouldnt see us signing either or even trying
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #14710: Jun 19, 2017 11:25:42 am
      Quote from 7-King Kenny-7 on Jun 13, 2017 10:27:07 pm
      No chance, absolutely not. It's top 4 for a reason, not top 4 plus where ever else you finish and get lucky winning the Europa League. Personally, and I'm not just saying this because you Mancs won it, but it doesn't seem right that you can win the Europa League and go straight into the group stages. When we won the Champions League in 2005 we finished 5th and were put into the Champions League at the very start, we had to go from the 1st qualifying round, playing TNS I think it was. That was by winning the main competition across Europe and finishing 5th. Yet you can win what is essentially the Mickey Mouse European competition, finish 6th and go straight into the group stage now and like I say, that just doesn't sit right.

For what it's worth I actually agree with you it isn't fair that you can go straight into group stages of CL via winning the Europa Cup. I too prefer the old system. That's not Uniteds fault though. They abide by the rules & regulations like we all do.                                            Like the year you decided that your scummy f***in joke of a club thought you were too big and important to play in the FA cup???
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14711: Jun 19, 2017 12:20:31 pm

Was      Were you alive then ?

You're picking up the Salford way of speaking Keith .
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,925 posts | 2705 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14712: Jun 19, 2017 04:17:37 pm
      Was      Were you alive then ?

You're picking up the Salford way of speaking Keith .

Well I am a Salfordian lar  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #14713: Jun 19, 2017 07:17:50 pm
      Graham Hunter just basically poured a load of scorn all over the Ronaldo back to the shitehawks story on SSN, saying Manchester is too cold for him, Ferguson and Gill are one and when Mourinho left Madrid, him and Ronaldo left on really bad terms and isn't a target for Jose to buy.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14714: Jun 20, 2017 12:38:03 am
      Graham Hunter just basically poured a load of scorn all over the Ronaldo back to the shitehawks story on SSN, saying Manchester is too cold for him, Ferguson and Gill are one and when Mourinho left Madrid, him and Ronaldo left on really bad terms and isn't a target for Jose to buy.

I thought it was the cost of the deal that has put them off? He only wants to leave because either he's guilty for the tax stuff or because his £80mill transfer fee was not only beaten by Pogba but also going to be completely smashed by Mbappe and he wants to be the one everyone is talking about this summer and the record transfer again for his ego.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #14715: Jun 20, 2017 01:37:23 am
      I thought it was the cost of the deal that has put them off? He only wants to leave because either he's guilty for the tax stuff or because his £80mill transfer fee was not only beaten by Pogba but also going to be completely smashed by Mbappe and he wants to be the one everyone is talking about this summer and the record transfer again for his ego.

That I mentioned was what I heard Hunter rambling on about during the piece, most likely will be money as well.

Although if money is the only thing putting them off, I'd call bullshit on it as they'd probably get that back on shirt sales alone!

Agree about the tax stuff - Madrid probably gave him a bi*ch slap and told him to pay it himself and now he's got a tittylip on!!
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #14716: Jun 20, 2017 02:49:18 am
      That's not Uniteds fault though. They abide by the rules & regulations like we all do. Like the year you decided that your scummy f***in joke of a club thought you were too big and important to play in the FA cup???

Actually that wasn't United, that was the FA. The Euro 96 bid depended on England being well represented, and seeing as United were in the World Club Championship that year, the FA pinned all the hopes on United winning that so that England would get the Euros. The amount of games United had prompted Ferguson to ask the FA to ask for a reason as to why he should go all out to win it? (Bearing in mind he is Scottish so he couldn't give two fucks about England), the FA generally said do this for us, and our asses are yours. United were allowed to drop out of the FA cup to give them some rest, win the cup guaranteeing the Euro 96 bid, and from then on, Fergie pretty much owned the FA and the Referees. Won countless leagues, got knighted, and has his own time in the game named after him (Fergie Time), but at least we got the Euros....
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #14717: Jun 20, 2017 08:46:39 am
      True they got the Euros. 4 years beforehand.

In 2000, they withdrew from the FA Cup, to play the World Club Cup in Brazil, apparently to aid England's bid for the 2006 WC, as if FIFA cared one way or the other. The Cup 3rd round that year was played in December, where we won at Huddersfield. It has never been played at that time of year since.

The mancs lost their grip on the cup barely a month after playing for it in  Tokyo. England were the first country knocked out of the bidding for the 2006 WC, as FIFA cared more about English fans uncanny ability to rearrange pub furniture in Copenhagen and Charleroi that summer at club and international level, and gave the tournament to Germany instead over heavy favourites South Africa.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #14718: Jun 20, 2017 12:17:29 pm
      Jose is the latest c**t wanted by Spanish authorities for tax fraud!!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #14719: Jun 20, 2017 12:21:37 pm
      Jose is the latest c**t wanted by Spanish authorities for tax fraud!!

Send him to jail.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40339788

Quick Reply