Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2298137 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #15203: Nov 07, 2017 08:50:32 am
      Mate, if we go by how your manager sets up against us we are one of the best teams in the world!

That's very true. He should of attack attack attack from the off instead of packing the bus.  :f_doh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15204: Nov 07, 2017 09:06:43 am
      Difference is Keith there's a sense of things coming together in contrast your crew are going steadily downhill,

That's been said by plenty of Liverpool fans for the last 3 years stuey. However, picking up the Europa Cup, FA Cup, Charity Shield & League Cup not too shabby for a club in decline.    ;D

You maybe coming together but your trophy cabinet not backing it up for you.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #15205: Nov 07, 2017 09:18:29 am
      That's been said by plenty of Liverpool fans for the last 3 years stuey. However, picking up the Europa Cup, FA Cup, Charity Shield & League Cup not too shabby for a club in decline.    ;D

You maybe coming together but your trophy cabinet not backing it up for you.

I'm more optimistic about our chances mate, more so than for years.
      What about your unshakeable faith Mourinho?
      Seems to me he is your greatest obstacle to acknowledged success than the lack of quality in your squad!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15206: Nov 07, 2017 10:03:35 am
      I'm more optimistic about our chances mate, more so than for years.
      What about your unshakeable faith Mourinho?
      Seems to me he is your greatest obstacle to acknowledged success than the lack of quality in your squad!

I can understand your optimism in Klopp but you still need the funds and wasting 40 million on Ox for a bench warmer not ideal. We know Mourinho has his faults but still more than happy with him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #15207: Nov 07, 2017 10:45:12 am
      I can understand your optimism in Klopp but you still need the funds and wasting 40 million on Ox for a bench warmer not ideal. We know Mourinho has his faults but still more than happy with him.

Ox started the last 2 games.

Played well too.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15208: Nov 07, 2017 11:11:06 am
      Ox started the last 2 games.

Played well too.

He's not worth 40 million Baz. You could of got Matic for that and we all know how well he's doing. That 40 million should of gone on a defender.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #15209: Nov 07, 2017 11:16:46 am
      He's not worth 40 million Baz. You could of got Matic for that and we all know how well he's doing. That 40 million should of gone on a defender.

How good is he doing Keith tell us?

Is he lighting it up with assists and goals perhaps creating chances or is he more like a Mourinho piano carrier?
      Kopite78
      Reply #15210: Nov 07, 2017 11:32:31 am

Let us judge that and you judge your own

What is value nowadays any way? He's a player Klopp wanted and one who now is getting settled is starting to do well.
      35m is big, but modern transfers have gone mad and that 35m in for example 13/14 would have been maybe what 15? 20 max.. that's the season you spent nearly 70m on Di  Maria... how did that go? What would that 70m be if you signed him this summer? 100m?
      Id say Chamberlain will be more of a success here than Di Maria was for you.

How did 38m you spent on Veron in 01 work out?
      Is Mikiwhatshisname pulling up trees currently and he cost 40?

How's your 35m left back Shaw doing? 35m (2 years ago) for your manager to bully and call lazy and a fat c**t.
      Seems excessive

30 odd on Depay... he's doing well

30 odd on Anderson?  Only thing he did well for was KFC

32 odd on Schneiderlien, another beaut

Worry about your own sh*t Keif and that morbid life sucking horrible nasty c**t who is now your manager and we'll worry about if Chamberlain is worth what we paid or not
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #15211: Nov 07, 2017 11:37:58 am

Didn't we pay 35 million though plus Chelsea were willing to match the offer.

Obviously a top CB should have been the priority signing but I still think Ox will be a very useful player.

Matic is a good DM but nothing special £40 million is about right.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #15212: Nov 07, 2017 11:38:36 am

Compared to previous seasons:
      Suarez & Carroll. (1 good 1 bad)
      Henderson, Downing & Adam (grim)
      Sturridge & Coutinho (Kinhell what happened there.)
      Sakho, Aspas & Mignolet. (grim)
      Lallana, Lovren, Markovic & Balotelli. (Scattergun)
      Firmino & Benteke. (1 good 1 bad)

Last couple of seasons.
      Mane & Wijnaldum.
      Salah & AOC.

Arguments have already been made over whether or not it was a priority signing,
      given we needed CBs more than anything, but there is no doubting the last 2 seasons
      have been an improvement for players coming in that have suited the style/system.

Given what we've seen at other clubs no problem with Salah & AOC as signings at the moment.
      Yes money should have gone on CBs, but the issue there, I believe, is setting up VvD or bust & going bust.

Anyway. Back on topic.
      LFC seem to be coming good & the gap is only 4 points.
      Interesting season awaits.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15213: Nov 07, 2017 11:47:54 am
      Didn't we pay 35 million though plus Chelsea were willing to match the offer.

Obviously a top CB should have been the priority signing but I still think Ox will be a very useful player.

Matic is a good DM but nothing special £40 million is about right.

That's basically my argument Baz. CB should of been your priority.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15214: Nov 07, 2017 12:02:25 pm
      That's basically my argument Baz. CB should of been your priority.

I think we can all agree that LFC should have signed 1 if not 2 CB's and a goalie in the summer but for whatever reason we didn't. Having said that the signings we did make were good signings, Salah in particular and Solanke, Robertson and Ox are all good solid signings who strengthen the team and squad.
      If we can get VVD and finally promote Karius/Ward or get a top goalie then I think we can finally start to become a very good team and mount a serious challenge, plus we have Lallana to come back from injury along with Clyne plus Keita arriving next season. Things are looking good plus I've extemely pleased to see more tactical flexibility from Klopp in recent games.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #15215: Nov 07, 2017 12:59:10 pm

Chamberlain is showing some signs of justifying his price tag mate, he's an improvement on some of your none performers.

Your Mourinho confidence does seem a bit misplaced:

PSG have spoken to Mourinho's agent who says he wants more backing in the transfer market from his employers.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-transfer-news-mourinho-13858600

That's a £3m yearly rise and a shitload of dosh thrown at him for his questionable signings, sounds like Mourinho is giving them every reason to F**k him off.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #15216: Nov 07, 2017 02:05:50 pm
      https://www.donbalon.com/noticia/detalle/70407/mourinho-exige-crack-zidane-permitir-pase-gea-real-madrid-hay-sorpresa

The mancs are reported  to be willing to sell De Gea to Real Madrid on the condition that France defender Raphael Varane moves in the opposite direction.

We can only hope.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15217: Nov 07, 2017 02:48:40 pm
      Chamberlain is showing some signs of justifying his price tag mate, he's an improvement on some of your none performers.

Your Mourinho confidence does seem a bit misplaced:

PSG have spoken to Mourinho's agent who says he wants more backing in the transfer market from his employers.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-transfer-news-mourinho-13858600

That's a £3m yearly rise and a shitload of dosh thrown at him for his questionable signings, sounds like Mourinho is giving them every reason to f**k him off.

Looking at the stats Ox has played 140 games. Scored 10 goals with 14 assists. Hardly mouth watering and certainly doesn't warrant a tag of 40 million. However, being fair nothing suprises with what clubs pay for players theses days so no big deal really. For me he hasn't improved your first 11, more like improved your bench.

I can't help my confidence by Mourhino  ;D As for agents?? Please! lets not go there on that one, there probably worse than the gutter press,   :f_steam:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15218: Nov 07, 2017 02:50:34 pm
      https://www.donbalon.com/noticia/detalle/70407/mourinho-exige-crack-zidane-permitir-pase-gea-real-madrid-hay-sorpresa

The mancs are reported  to be willing to sell De Gea to Real Madrid on the condition that France defender Raphael Varane moves in the opposite direction.

We can only hope.

Had this for the last two years and he's still here. Is it more spam? I take no notice stuey.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #15219: Nov 07, 2017 03:05:40 pm
      Had this for the last two years and he's still here. Is it more spam? I take no notice stuey.

I know the Spanish press drum it up mate but the story is getting some meat about it,
      all the talk about Mourinho getting restless as is his way, won't help.

Looking at the stats Ox has played 140 games. Scored 10 goals with 14 assists. Hardly mouth watering and certainly doesn't warrant a tag of 40 million. However, being fair nothing suprises with what clubs pay for players theses days so no big deal really. For me he hasn't improved your first 11, more like improved your bench.

I can't help my confidence by Mourhino  ;D As for agents?? Please! lets not go there on that one, there probably worse than the gutter press,   :f_steam:

Don't think you would acknowledge the improvement in his play anyway Keith.

Time will tell but you gotta admit it's hardly any reason for optimism on your part.
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2017 03:15:52 pm by stuey »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15220: Nov 07, 2017 03:09:41 pm
      I know the Spanish press drum it up mate but the story is getting some meat about it,
      all the talk about Mourinho getting restless as is his way, won't help.

If its not De Gea its Coutinho. F**k erm  :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #15221: Nov 07, 2017 03:22:34 pm
      If its not De Gea its Coutinho. F**k erm  :D

Coutinho is as good as gone, let them get on with the bidding war and Klopp has been promised all the fee to improve the squad.
      You don't even want to contemplate De Gea going anywhere mate, not without good reason it's got to be said.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15222: Nov 07, 2017 03:30:50 pm
      Coutinho is as good as gone, let them get on with the bidding war and Klopp has been promised all the fee to improve the squad.
      You don't even want to contemplate De Gea going anywhere mate, not without good reason it's got to be said.

Absolutely, he's No1 on my team sheet every week.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15223: Nov 07, 2017 03:54:11 pm
      Absolutely, he's No1 on my team sheet every week.

Who's your number 2 keeper at the moment, I bet he's better than our Migs
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15224: Nov 07, 2017 04:18:06 pm

Obviously Neuer & Buffon up there but also like Hugo Lloris. Who would your first choice be for Liverpool given the chance??
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #15225: Nov 07, 2017 04:22:29 pm

Even that shitty 3rd keeper for Spurs look better than Migs!!!

Quick Reply