Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2336093 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #16215: Aug 29, 2018 08:39:25 am
      Usual blather before the hatchet job:   The manager has the full backing of the board and the club.
                       or

Man U players and staff believe Mourinho is one game away from being sacked.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #16216: Aug 29, 2018 08:49:52 am
      https://twitter.com/iano_lfc96/status/1034189512119865344?s=21

......and he has the full backing of the board, the club and the supporters that couldn't wait to be thanked and fu**ed off.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #16217: Aug 29, 2018 09:17:25 am
      Usual blather before the hatchet job:   The manager has the full backing of the board and the club.
                       or

Man U players and staff believe Mourinho is one game away from being sacked.

The Manure board said the same when the late great Matt Busby retired and they went through numerous managers.Even Ferguson only escaped getting the sack by the skin of his bollocks in his early days.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #16218: Aug 29, 2018 09:57:57 am
      The Manure board said the same when the late great Matt Busby retired and they went through numerous managers.Even Ferguson only escaped getting the sack by the skin of his bollocks in his early days.

Remember it well Billy, they went through a sticky patch at the outset with Ferguson, that wasn't immediate trophies  and glory.
      The instant fan wasn't as common as now or Ferguson just might have been sacked when success in a season wasn't expected
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16219: Aug 29, 2018 11:06:15 am
      Even Ferguson only escaped getting the sack by the skin of his bollocks in his early days.

Bet you wish he had gone.  ;D I remember it well. Think we were playing Notts Forest at the time ( I was there) and if he'd of lost he was a goner. Phew, you'd still have the record today of most trophies if it wasn't for him.   :f_whistle: ;D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #16220: Aug 29, 2018 11:48:20 am
      Remember it well Billy, they went through a sticky patch at the outset with Ferguson, that wasn't immediate trophies  and glory.
      The instant fan wasn't as common as now or Ferguson just might have been sacked when success in a season wasn't expected

Unfortunately Mark Robins saved his skin in the FA Cup quarters or Semi I think it was. If they had lost that game he was gone
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #16221: Aug 29, 2018 12:18:24 pm
      Unfortunately Mark Robins saved his skin in the FA Cup quarters or Semi I think it was. If they had lost that game he was gone

Rather think it's too late for Mourinho, even if they win the next game he is walking a tightrope.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16222: Aug 29, 2018 12:38:23 pm

You a Manc? Would explain you knowing that.  :lmao:
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #16223: Aug 29, 2018 12:42:22 pm
      Rather think it's too late for Mourinho, even if they win the next game he is walking a tightrope.

Fortunately i don’t think they will get rid so sharp - but if they do then it will be Zidane and can’t see him getting much more out of the squad
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,925 posts | 3401 
      Reply #16224: Aug 29, 2018 12:45:02 pm
      You a Manc? Would explain you knowing that.  :lmao:

It’s quite common knowledge if you watched football in the 80’s - i was gutted Ferguson went to the Mancs because I liked him when he was at Aberdeen and then his treatment of Hansen at 1986 WC for the moment I started to dislike him.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16225: Aug 29, 2018 01:19:36 pm
      It’s quite common knowledge if you watched football in the 80’s - i was gutted Ferguson went to the Mancs because I liked him when he was at Aberdeen and then his treatment of Hansen at 1986 WC for the moment I started to dislike him.

Yeah I felt the same when Klopp went to Liverpool, problem is I still like him.  :D Wish I was a bitter Manc.  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #16226: Aug 29, 2018 03:28:40 pm
      Fortunately i don’t think they will get rid so sharp - but if they do then it will be Zidane and can’t see him getting much more out of the squad

There is the pay off to consider and that could put the safety catch on for a while, hopefully.

What would be a surprise is if Glazer Jnr's gave Mourinho his only get out of jail card but there's no way will that be free, the special one will require serious funding to implement what he sees as a repair job.

Mourinho says he wants to stay and while that may be music to the owner's ears in terms of financial expediency, the same cannot be said in a footballing context.
      Buying success is the only solution he comprehends and even if the owners hurl a billion at him success is still not guaranteed
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2018 08:34:10 am by stuey »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #16227: Aug 29, 2018 10:36:15 pm
      Hmmm, Anthony Martial looks set to sign a new 5 year contract, so does this mean Mourinho will be sacked after the weekend game?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16228: Aug 29, 2018 11:37:52 pm
      Hmmm, Anthony Martial looks set to sign a new 5 year contract, so does this mean Mourinho will be sacked after the weekend game?

Probably means just don't believe what the scum press print on a regular basis. They sell papers on fiction not facts.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #16229: Aug 30, 2018 01:54:47 am
      Yeh they have no eritage!
      hyruga
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #16230: Aug 30, 2018 07:30:07 am
      Martial cannot thrive in the premier league where the players are bigger than him and the game is more competitive. He is better off going to La liga or French league where they defend less.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16231: Aug 30, 2018 07:39:29 am
      Yeah I felt the same when Klopp went to Liverpool, problem is I still like him.  :D Wish I was a bitter Manc.  ;D

Not as bad or in a meltdown as Piers Morgan when we got Klopp.

He is a Gooner and still wakes up in his Cot crying in the middle of the night wailing.

Klopp was the manager I wanted  as first choice with 2 Simeone and 3 Deschamps as back ups.
      Previous posts prove.
      Neither of the last two being too shabby in the last year or so.

When Borussia came to Anfield that Summer and Jürgen touched the This Is Anfield sign I just had a instinctive gut feeling that we (FSG) already knew that we had got our man.

The only person that didn't was the incumbent manager Mr Rodgers.
      He soon found out after the bore draw with the Toffees.
      No manager allows LFC to lose by the score they did against Stoke ... Stevie's last game as well ...and get away with it.
      Hadn't had a score like that against us in over 50 years FFS.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #16232: Aug 30, 2018 08:24:45 am
      Probably means just don't believe what the scum press print on a regular basis. They sell papers on fiction not facts.

TBF Keith the fact that Martial has extended his contract has no bearing whatever on Mourinho's tenure, the media you malign has stated that the rift between manager and player was none-existant.
      It was reported that Martial did not fit Mourinho's plans and could be sold with some interest from PSG, that was maybe gossip with no factual back up but when a player of Martial's calibre does not extend his contract yesterday he will be associated with interest from top clubs such as PSG.

The failure to bring in Mourinho's preferred options which again was widely reported amid quotes from the man himself, may have affected any decision about Martial's prospective exit and the fact that the team were better with him than without him.

The claims about the media being anti-man u are baffling, the majority of the media is now based in Manchester and see events entailed therein with rose tinted glasses. Even before the media situated there we were bombarded with glowing coverage of everything man u;
      They were relegated years ago when LFC were winning stuff for fun yet they were spotlighted like no other second tier club ever was.

No Keith the media are reporting facts and the fact is your crew are up sh*t creek with no propulsion.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #16233: Aug 30, 2018 10:13:24 am
      Don't think the media are anti Man U. The media are anti every club if they can get a story that sells papers or brings in listeners or viewers. They've latched on to Mourinho now cos it's just another story.

The press love people like Mourinho because he's so vocal. He says he demands respect. I can't respect this vile, irritating man. He's slag off the club and his own players and storms out of press conferences......grow the F**k up.

The man is a dinosaur, his football tactics are dying off, his tantrums are getting boring and deep down I think he knows he's on borrowed time. You can't keep buying players and when they don't work in your system, demand more players.

I personally hope he stays the more he damages this clubs legacy the better. Football is changing and he's not changing with it. He'd rather stamp up and down like a 5 yr old in a sweet shop. I think us Liverpool supporters love Mourinho more than what the Man U fans do at the moment.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16234: Aug 30, 2018 10:31:08 am
      Don't think the media are anti Man U. The media are anti every club if they can get a story that sells papers or brings in listeners or viewers. They've latched on to Mourinho now cos it's just another story.

100% with you. The vile scum press do anything for a story. Today ( or maybe this week  :D ) it's Mourinho. Next week Klopp.  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16235: Aug 30, 2018 11:37:47 am
      Problem as I have said before for Maureen is unlike him we don't have selective memories. Does he respect Rafa's La Liga titles ? or his win for Chelsea in the Uefa cup as well as getting them back into the CL? I don't remember him staying away from the Europa League final a trophy not worthy of a top club. Now he is attacking all the other managers in the hope we might just forget this team he has spent a fortune on is sh*te.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #16236: Aug 30, 2018 05:28:45 pm
      Vile scum press Keith? They’ve worshipped United for years!!! I remember get the daily mirror the day after you won that champions league final and it was as thick as the f***in yellow pages 💩
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16237: Aug 30, 2018 06:25:00 pm
      Vile scum press Keith? They’ve worshipped United for years!!! I remember get the daily mirror the day after you won that champions league final and it was as thick as the f***in yellow pages 💩

:lmao: Press don't have any favourites, it's just what sells papers that count.

Quick Reply