Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2298887 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #16905: Dec 18, 2018 11:52:53 am
      Agree about ex-Utd players, and Zidane. Deschamps might be interesting. But yep, Poch would be top of list. He actually coaches and improves players, something Mourinho seemed to have lost the ability to do.

Without doubt Poch would be a top candidate but who would want to manage a team in complete disarray following years of decline?
      Even less likely given the fact that their present charges are enjoying the success their managerial skills have brought them.

The Glazers will also be questioning the wisdom of whoever appointed three failed managers, what a tangled web we rejoice in.

« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2018 12:05:22 pm by stuey »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #16906: Dec 18, 2018 11:54:25 am
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16907: Dec 18, 2018 11:59:12 am
      I'd say benching Pogba [while fit] after them spending 90mill on him was last straw for the owners.
      What big club would take Moaninho now..
      I believe that there are plenty of "Big Clubs" out there that would take a chance on Mourinho, Utd a side Look at his record, not only with clubs with money but Porto. And no matter what people say here he is a "Great & successful manager"...

The problem being was him taking over the Utd mantel...

You had Moyes coming and allowed to sign a player, to keep him happy, Marouane Fellaini, (a player that Jose never would have signed) and not given the time to put together a team of his players (Utd wanted instance success) Sacked...

They then bought in Van Gaal Given a little more leeway in the transfer market than Moyes, he bought in players that for a time worked, but still not that instance success the fans and the Board craved...

Along comes Jose, starts good but the problems really start when he wants to get rid of certain players, and allowed to get rid of one or two, and allowed to replace those player with the same amount of "his" choosing But never really given full control over the in's and out's at the Club.

He makes it clear to the board that these are not the players he wants as part of his team, and the board refuses to back him
      bring in the players that he wants, he is forced to then try and talk up the players that he want rid of...

Remember... fans may not like the style of football a manager plays, but that will be forgiven if he is constantly adding to the trophy cabinet. This did not happen, and the main reason was Mourinho was never really given full control of the clubs transfers...

Remember this was and Manager that sold Mata while in charge of Chelsea... OK, like Kevin De Bruyne this could in hindsight been a mistake, but the facts that he has featured so little under Mourinho suggests that he still sees him as not the type of player he feels adds enough to the team.

Mourinho, some would say that he is a poor man manager, but I remember him fielding a side vs Utd while Chelsea manager and somewhere near the 20 minute mark not being happy with the way some players where coping, he makes a double substitution seizing back control of the game...

For Mourinho Pobga's game is to inconsistent  and feels that he is stuck with him as the board refuses to sell him, along with a few others that the Board do not wish to sell and Mourinho wants rid of to get in players that he feels will give him the type of team that he wants...

I have often said here that a manager should be judged on the team that "He" puts together, and not some Transfer committee. People judge Brendan Rodgers based on player decisions made by a Transfer committee

I believe that if given the time, and backing by Utd he would have taken Utd back up there challenging for the title...

When seen how a manager like Mourinho was treated, I believe that there are few managers,Top Managers out there with current clubs would be willing to take this gig without solid assurances  from the owners and the Board of Man Utd...

I am in one way glad that Mourinho was treated thus, I means that we (LFC) have one less team to worry about regarding the title race
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16908: Dec 18, 2018 12:03:25 pm
      He has over 58% win ratio. Ferguson had 59%. United Knee jerk costing 22m.  :lmao:
      Ferguson did much worse and recovered. Glad Jose didn't get the chance.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #16909: Dec 18, 2018 12:12:49 pm
      Sacking club.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16910: Dec 18, 2018 12:19:34 pm
      Without doubt Poch would be a top candidate but who would want to manage a team in complete disarray following years of decline?
      Even less likely given the fact that their present charges are enjoying the success their managerial skills have brought them.

Years of decline? Come on stuey it's only 3 years and still won a couple of trophies.  ;D You lads have gone over 10 years without winning anything and you got  Klopp.
      Any manager if the timing was right would jump at the chance to managed United. Take those rose tinted glasses off.  :D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16911: Dec 18, 2018 12:26:59 pm
      Years of decline? Come on stuey it's only 3 years and still won a couple of trophies.  ;D You lads have gone over 10 years without winning anything and you got  Klopp.
      Any manager if the timing was right would jump at the chance to managed United. Take those rose tinted glasses off.  :D
      don't worry Keith, you'll get a replacement.. I'll make a list along with people who won't be replacing Jose.

Brendan Rodgers
      Roy Hodgson
      Antonio Conte
      Arsene Wenger

Benitez
      Klopp
      Zidane
      Poch
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16912: Dec 18, 2018 12:29:55 pm
      don't worry Keith, you'll get a replacement.. I'll make a list along with people who won't be replacing Jose.

Brendan Rodgers
      Roy Hodgson
      Antonio Conte
      Arsene Wenger

Benitez
      Klopp
      Zidane
      Poch

Only two fit the bill on that list anyway.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16913: Dec 18, 2018 12:30:53 pm
      Only two fit the bill on that list anyway.
      Rodgers and Hodgson?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16914: Dec 18, 2018 12:33:16 pm

You read my mind.  :f_whistle:
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #16915: Dec 18, 2018 12:33:31 pm

Finally revealed, KLOPP is the real "SPECIAL ONE". Huhuhu getting maureen sacked 3 times.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #16916: Dec 18, 2018 12:34:23 pm

Got to be Woy....he's always loved the club and has managed BIG clubs in the past!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16917: Dec 18, 2018 12:35:59 pm
      Got to be Woy....he's always loved the club and has managed BIG clubs in the past!
      People would pay good money to watch Hodgson mess United up.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #16918: Dec 18, 2018 12:46:27 pm
      I would think the club is debts ridden at this point of time. Occassional missing out on CL and probably will also miss out this season plus the 3 years lavish spending on average players by non other than maureen and before maureen's era players came and go at exorbitant price not forgetting the huge payout for the previous managers that left before maureen that the club has sacked. Lastly plus the highest wage bill as rumoured to be. The club probably has a mountain to climb.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #16919: Dec 18, 2018 12:49:11 pm

You know your fanbase expects unrivalled success each and every year Keith and the even the last 3 years with a couple of minor trophies has them screaming for blood.

You're putting on a brave face and tho' I can't argue with your assertion about Klopp I bet you would rather have him in charge now instead of the screw up you have at all levels.

Having said that let's see how many top managers ''jump at the chance'' to repair the damage done with the sustained decline of your club.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #16920: Dec 18, 2018 12:49:19 pm
      People would pay good money to watch Hodgson mess United up.

I fully support the idea of WOY being the next Utd manager.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16921: Dec 18, 2018 01:02:00 pm
      You know your fanbase expects unrivalled success each and every year Keith and the even the last 3 years with a couple of minor trophies has them screaming for blood.

You're putting on a brave face and tho' I can't argue with your assertion about Klopp I bet you would rather have him in charge now instead of the screw up you have at all levels.

Having said that let's see how many top managers ''jump at the chance'' to repair the damage done with the sustained decline of your club.

No I don't stuey, deluded fans maybe but not majority. Those days of total dominance appear to have gone with the amount of money that's in the premier league now.

I don't have much choice, it is what it is. Fortunately I have more good years watching United than bad. How many rival fans can say that about their club?

Problem there is not many about if any. You just have to try and dangle a carrot and hope they bite with the money on board as well as coming to the biggest club in world football.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16922: Dec 18, 2018 01:07:33 pm
      No I don't stuey, deluded fans maybe but not majority. Those days of total dominance appear to have gone with the amount of money that's in the premier league now.

I don't have much choice, it is what it is. Fortunately I have more good years watching United than bad. How many rival fans can say that about their club?

Problem there is not many about if any. You just have to try and dangle a carrot and hope they bite with the money on board as well as coming to the biggest club in world football.
      United aren't the biggest club. It's probably a Spanish team. Madrid won CL 16 times now, United 3 times.
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2018 01:12:53 pm by Ribapuru »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16923: Dec 18, 2018 01:12:15 pm
      United aren't the biggest club. It's probably a Spanish team. Madrid won CL 16 times now, United 3 times...

I'll rephrase if it helps. The richest club in the world all though it does swap from time to time with Spanish clubs. Certainly in the top 3 as biggest clubs anyway so let's not nit pick Ribs.  :lmao:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16924: Dec 18, 2018 01:13:19 pm
      I'll rephrase if it helps. The richest club in the world all though it does swap from time to time with Spanish clubs. Certainly in the top 3 as biggest clubs anyway so let's not nit pick Ribs.  :lmao:
      If United players values weren't exaggerated, I doubt they would occupy the financial rich list top spot. In fact, sponsors will probably be gone before United solve this mess. United will have a problem getting the best players, since some of them will go to city or Liverpool. United will be signing people other clubs don't want. Liverpool has been there and just got out of that situation.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16925: Dec 18, 2018 01:18:06 pm
      If United players values weren't exaggerated, I doubt they would occupy the financial rich list top spot. In fact, sponsors will probably be gone before United solve this mess. United will have a problem getting the best players, since some of them will go to city or Liverpool. United will be signing people other clubs don't want. Liverpool has been there and just got out of that situation.

You basically just answered your own question re Liverpool was there but got out of it.  ;D it's not if they get out of it, just when.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #16926: Dec 18, 2018 02:23:08 pm

You just have to try and dangle a carrot and hope they bite with the money on board as well as coming to the biggest club in world football.

Your claim does come under scrutiny mate, it's very doubtful the money is on board.
      The Glazer siblings will definitely be on the point of tightening the purse strings after 3 failed managerial appointments and the multi-millions spent on dysfunctional sides; they don't appear to have the wherewithal as owners of a soccer club their father possessed.

Without domestic success and certainly CL success any claims of greatness are badly mistaken and only given credit by those living in the past.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16927: Dec 18, 2018 02:23:37 pm
      He makes it clear to the board that these are not the players he wants as part of his team, and the board refuses to back him
      bring in the players that he wants, he is forced to then try and talk up the players that he want rid of...

There is something to that - but who are these players? How much money would he need to spend? And would they come?
      If I was owners I'd also be looking at what's already been spent at the club [100s of millions] - OK, some of it not wisely -  and still be scratching my head a bit wondering how he's not able to do *better* with the players already there, example:
      DeGea
      Valencia Bailly Smalling Shaw
      Matic Pogba Herrera
      Rashford Lukaku Sanchez
      not including Young, Martial, Lindgard

… surely they should be playing better, more attacking football than they are now. They deffo need a quality CB and CM, but Mourinho imho had downed tools/run out of ideas. Did he get enough out of Bailly, Pogba, Rashford, Sanchez etc - I don't think so.

Also, there were games when they went 1 or 2 down playing poorly - and then had to go for it, where they actually DID play well - but this attacking game in the end was not Maureen's preferred choice.

In the past when successful, his teams worked hard, but always had a enough quality to balance that workmanlike approach. Don't think he was happy with the work-rate of the team there, so he stuck in hardworking guys at the expense of better ball players - and wasn't able to get a balance.

If I was a club owner I'd be wary of:
      - the money I'd have to give this guy to succeed
      - the fact that unlike Jürgen, Pep, Poch - he doesn't seem to be improving players - he just wants the finished articles - and they cost
      - I'd worry about the state of the club he would leave me in when he left
      - and how much I'd need to pay him to go if things didn't work out
      Oh - and the fact that he's a massive tosser.

Quick Reply