Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2335779 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #16928: Dec 18, 2018 02:44:30 pm
      I believe that there are plenty of "Big Clubs" out there that would take a chance on Mourinho, Utd a side Look at his record, not only with clubs with money but Porto. And no matter what people say here he is a "Great & successful manager"...

The problem being was him taking over the Utd mantel...

You had Moyes coming and allowed to sign a player, to keep him happy, Marouane Fellaini, (a player that Jose never would have signed) and not given the time to put together a team of his players (Utd wanted instance success) Sacked...

They then bought in Van Gaal Given a little more leeway in the transfer market than Moyes, he bought in players that for a time worked, but still not that instance success the fans and the Board craved...

Along comes Jose, starts good but the problems really start when he wants to get rid of certain players, and allowed to get rid of one or two, and allowed to replace those player with the same amount of "his" choosing But never really given full control over the in's and out's at the Club.

He makes it clear to the board that these are not the players he wants as part of his team, and the board refuses to back him
      bring in the players that he wants, he is forced to then try and talk up the players that he want rid of...

Remember... fans may not like the style of football a manager plays, but that will be forgiven if he is constantly adding to the trophy cabinet. This did not happen, and the main reason was Mourinho was never really given full control of the clubs transfers...

Remember this was and Manager that sold Mata while in charge of Chelsea... OK, like Kevin De Bruyne this could in hindsight been a mistake, but the facts that he has featured so little under Mourinho suggests that he still sees him as not the type of player he feels adds enough to the team.

Mourinho, some would say that he is a poor man manager, but I remember him fielding a side vs Utd while Chelsea manager and somewhere near the 20 minute mark not being happy with the way some players where coping, he makes a double substitution seizing back control of the game...

For Mourinho Pobga's game is to inconsistent  and feels that he is stuck with him as the board refuses to sell him, along with a few others that the Board do not wish to sell and Mourinho wants rid of to get in players that he feels will give him the type of team that he wants...

I have often said here that a manager should be judged on the team that "He" puts together, and not some Transfer committee. People judge Brendan Rodgers based on player decisions made by a Transfer committee

I believe that if given the time, and backing by Utd he would have taken Utd back up there challenging for the title...

When seen how a manager like Mourinho was treated, I believe that there are few managers,Top Managers out there with current clubs would be willing to take this gig without solid assurances  from the owners and the Board of Man Utd...

I am in one way glad that Mourinho was treated thus, I means that we (LFC) have one less team to worry about regarding the title race

Good comment and hopefully the board and owners are consistent and treat the next manager in the same way.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16929: Dec 18, 2018 03:31:45 pm
      He has over 58% win ratio. Ferguson had 59%. United Knee jerk costing 22m.  :lmao:
      Ferguson did much worse and recovered. Glad Jose didn't get the chance.

Surely that can't be right, Ferguson only won 1% more matches at Utd than Maureen yet had a string of league titles and cups? Nope not buying that one mate.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16930: Dec 18, 2018 03:40:23 pm
      Surely that can't be right, Ferguson only won 1% more matches at Utd than Maureen yet had a string of league titles and cups? Nope not buying that one mate.

Sky sports confirm it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16931: Dec 18, 2018 03:48:47 pm
      they are the biggest in the world they certainly have the biggest debt £500mil and that has just gone up by £24mil.
      Couple of years outside the CL interest rates rising and it will be the worlds biggest headache
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #16932: Dec 18, 2018 03:59:17 pm
      I am overjoyed by the downfall of United. The 2 biggest, most supported clubs here are Liverpool and United. If you live in Liverpool then the 2 biggest matches are vs Everton. Which is logical. Separated by a park. Family members are divided, neighbors are divided. Liverpool is either Red or Blue. Here in the U.S. the "true" derby is Liverpool/ United. Without a doubt. Because of the 90s success and the explosion of youth soccer and cable TV beginning to show the EPL matches, a lot of kids and adults jumped on the United bandwagon. They were the biggest club of the 90's and 00's. But a weird thing happened. A lot of people dont want to follow the Champions and Liverpool were the club for those who loved the English game. For years I had to watch pr**k United "supporters" wearing their Beckham and Rooney tops. Talking about bullshit titles and Cups which many never even knew the difference between a cup and a league match. The Rooney years were the worst. United "Fans" were like bed bugs. Just infested with jerkoff frat boys who thought a Derby was a British horse race and could never understand why injury time was always different. Just a collection of cu*ts.

Seeing the mighty United slide into the same mid table muck like Everton and Watford is one of my greatest pleasures. The United sense of entitlement is another hilarious symptom of their sh*t disease. The faithful now preface every moan and complaint with "We should" and "We deserve" and my favorite "Were Manchestet United". Followed by a witless diatribe of inane arguments as to why they should be Champions every season. Most, just based apparantly on the fact that "We're Manchester United" which is f***in HILARIOUS. Just spending money, doesnt win titles every season. Eventually it catches up and United are feeling the hangover. They had a run of youth, talent, money and coaching.  The youth, talent and coaching are gone. Spending wont do it. So F**k OFF UNITED. Enjoy your decade long hangover and buy a feather duster for that trophy cabinet. Because it will need it. Oh and hey Manchester. Dont get depressed. We never liked you anyway and the best thing to ever come out your shithole town was The Smiths. So, F**k off and enjoy your occasional deep runs in a league cup.

Hahaha..;D. F**k OFF UNITED!
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16933: Dec 18, 2018 04:10:18 pm
      Good comment and hopefully the board and owners are consistent and treat the next manager in the same way.
      We can all live in hope,, :roll: ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16934: Dec 18, 2018 04:11:39 pm
      Hey that percentage I believe is over a longer period of time
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #16935: Dec 18, 2018 04:15:51 pm
      Keith, guessing you have a temporary manager coming to the end of the season... Ryan Giggs...?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16936: Dec 18, 2018 04:17:50 pm

Ah, auld Giggsy…  he'd take the job, then secretly manage Man City behind Man Utds back ...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16937: Dec 18, 2018 04:20:38 pm
      Keith, guessing you have a temporary manager coming to the end of the season... Ryan Giggs...?

Like I've already said! No ex United players have the credentials to take the roll on sadly.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #16938: Dec 18, 2018 04:27:10 pm
      Like I've already said! No ex United players have the credentials to take the roll on sadly.

Ain’t Blanc an ex player?..

Can see a Frenchman appointed as you have a couple of french players that are better than the credit they are getting.. Martial,Pogba...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16939: Dec 18, 2018 04:29:57 pm
      Ain’t Blanc an ex player?..

Yes but not good enough.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #16940: Dec 18, 2018 04:48:08 pm
      Would United ask Eddie Howe?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #16941: Dec 18, 2018 04:49:50 pm
      although it has lost it's glamour, still a trophy !

And that's their F***ing fault too!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #16942: Dec 18, 2018 04:51:33 pm

Bring back the Moyesiah!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #16943: Dec 18, 2018 05:10:41 pm

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is tipped as caretaker.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,967 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16944: Dec 18, 2018 05:20:13 pm

Seen a few tipped already. He will do for now but more concerned about the bigger picture. Doesn't matter who takes the realms for the next month 2 or 3 as simply won't be good enough. Putting ex United players as managers is a heart decision and not based on pedigree.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16945: Dec 18, 2018 05:20:17 pm

please let that be true he did such a great job at Cardiff
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #16946: Dec 18, 2018 05:25:58 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16947: Dec 18, 2018 10:03:45 pm

a true visionary maybe just too far ahead of his time last time give him another go I say
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16948: Dec 18, 2018 10:04:35 pm
      It's being discussed I believe.

I hope so  it will make the nest 5 months all the more enjoyable
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16949: Dec 18, 2018 10:05:56 pm

he doesn't pass the c**t test mate he is far too good a bloke to do that job. I think he could do a great job at a big club
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16950: Dec 18, 2018 10:08:51 pm
      For someone so special, he sure likes to get sacked. He likes to remind everyone he’s won 3 league titles, more than anyone in the league combined. Well, now he has as many Premier League sackings as he does titles.

Shame they got rid, hopefully they get someone just as amusing to take over.

Quick Reply