Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2297257 times
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #17388: Mar 28, 2019 02:07:43 pm
      Couldn't stand the grinning little pr**k when he was playing.....Andy Serkis Gollum looking mug that he is.
      « Last Edit: Mar 28, 2019 04:10:15 pm by SM »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17389: Mar 28, 2019 04:27:51 pm
      Oh Keith is not gonna like this.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17390: Mar 28, 2019 06:59:17 pm
      'Getting sacked in November, you're getting sacked in November...'
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17391: Mar 28, 2019 07:35:29 pm
      Oh Keith is not gonna like this.

I certainly have mixed feelings about it and certainly didn't make my day when hearing the news.  Can only hope he continues doing what he's done since arriving and winning matches.  I just have so many doubts he can take us to the level we used to be on.

Ole getting us in top four this year would be major achievement considering we were about 12 points off top four.  Can he make that next step in the 3 years he's been given? Like many on here even if biased by so many I just can't see it.

For the little experience Ole has had and been given the biggest job in football (( my opinion of course  ;D )) it would be like Leicester winning the league if Ole puts us on the map. We will get there though. 
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #17392: Mar 28, 2019 07:57:53 pm
      Delighted.

Man Utd are stuck in a rut. This appointment will keep them there.

Come Summer, they will throw money at the market in an attempt to make another overhyped big money signing.. then we go full circle again into the new season.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #17393: Mar 29, 2019 08:56:46 am
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      I certainly have mixed feelings about it and certainly didn't make my day when hearing the news. I just have so many doubts he can take us to the level we used to be on.

Ole getting us in top four this year would be major achievement considering we were about 12 points off top four. 

You were 19 points behind us when Mourinho was sacked. (+1GD)

You are 18 points behind us now. (+1GD) Massive progress obviously.

The level you "used to be on", is the level of 10 years ago. Most clubs, us included have moved on since then. The more you compare life to what it used to be, the more difficult you make it for who has the job now.

Quote from DanMann
      Delighted.

Man Utd are stuck in a rut. This appointment will keep them there.

Come Summer, they will throw money at the market in an attempt to make another overhyped big money signing.. then we go full circle again into the new season.

Players want to play for Guardiola. Players want to play for Jürgen. How many players say their ambition is to play for Solksjaer?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17394: Mar 29, 2019 04:14:55 pm
      You were 19 points behind us when Mourinho was sacked. (+1GD)

You are 18 points behind us now. (+1GD) Massive progress obviously.

The level you "used to be on", is the level of 10 years ago. Most clubs, us included have moved on since then. The more you compare life to what it used to be, the more difficult you make it for who has the job now.

You really can be such a biased knob I don't even know why I respond. Try doing the stats before Ole came against you lads (( and everyone else )) then after, that will tell even rose tinted glasses like yourself we'd be top of the league.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #17395: Mar 29, 2019 05:50:48 pm
      Thought they would have held off. Falling out of the top four and losing to Barca next month would given them an excuse to get rid of him and go after Pochettino.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17396: Mar 29, 2019 07:21:50 pm
      Thought they would have held off. Falling out of the top four and losing to Barca next month would given them an excuse to get rid of him and go after Pochettino.

I have to agree  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17397: Mar 30, 2019 12:31:22 am
      You really can be such a biased knob I don't even know why I respond. Try doing the stats before Ole came against you lads (( and everyone else )) then after, that will tell even rose tinted glasses like yourself we'd be top of the league.

I know your post wasn't meant for me mate but...It's a good bit of banter between teams when they are comfortably ahead of their rivals and then after a change in management they are either the same or more points ahead, I think any set of supporters would quite happily use it. Unfortunately though, for all it is good, it also shows that the team who's had the change in management has actually improved if the gap hasn't really changed or has decreased. No two ways about it, yous lot have improved with the change in manager because if you hadn't, then you'd be the best part of 30 points behind now. I don't think it's going to last long though, the results have been dropping off of late and when things get tough which they will because it happens for every manager, I'm not sure Ole has what it takes to steady the ship again, I think he showed that at Cardiff when he was becoming noticeably rattled.

I am surprised he was appointed the job full time before the season is out though, seems very knee-jerk IMO, especially as results have started to turn of late.

As for whether you'd be top of the league or not, I wouldn't know, I haven't really looked at it. I think when I last saw something about it we were level in 2nd with you and City top. Could be wrong though because like I say, I didn't really pay much attention to it.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #17398: Mar 30, 2019 02:44:49 am
      Is appointing Ole the start of the long slippery slope for manu,I think back to Matt Busby retiring and they promoted from within the club.I think his name was Mc'Quigan and he was the start of a succession of failures just like Moyes,Mourinho, Ole and probably many more failures to come.And don't forget Ferguson was hanging on by the skin of his balls the first 3 years.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17399: Mar 30, 2019 09:30:26 am
      I know your post wasn't meant for me mate but...It's a good bit of banter between teams when they are comfortably ahead of their rivals and then after a change in management they are either the same or more points ahead, I think any set of supporters would quite happily use it. Unfortunately though, for all it is good, it also shows that the team who's had the change in management has actually improved if the gap hasn't really changed or has decreased. No two ways about it, yous lot have improved with the change in manager because if you hadn't, then you'd be the best part of 30 points behind now. I don't think it's going to last long though, the results have been dropping off of late and when things get tough which they will because it happens for every manager, I'm not sure Ole has what it takes to steady the ship again, I think he showed that at Cardiff when he was becoming noticeably rattled.

I am surprised he was appointed the job full time before the season is out though, seems very knee-jerk IMO, especially as results have started to turn of late.

As for whether you'd be top of the league or not, I wouldn't know, I haven't really looked at it. I think when I last saw something about it we were level in 2nd with you and City top. Could be wrong though because like I say, I didn't really pay much attention to it.

Your right wasn't aimed at you. Your one of the good guys in my opinion.  I enjoy reading your post as you do have balanced views. However, there're a few on here that no matter what their hatred always comes first and simply can't have  mutual dialogue without being a pr**k.

I'm also in very much agreement by your post but you'll know that coz I've basically said the same thing to creditable members on who who can converse with a manc without the tinted glasses. Think I'll have to get the ignore button out.  ;D

It could be another difficult 2/3 years if Ole can't take us to that level, much as I'd love to say he will I just can't see it yet.  :-\  I think he's got the job early for two reason, fans love him and also turned the players round. He does have the likeabllty factor on his side though. I agree it's a 100% knee jerker reaction. Nothing I can do but go along with it and pray I'm wrong.  ;D

PS... Great post by the way.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #17400: Mar 30, 2019 09:30:28 am
      Mmm, it's contract renewal time and herrera gets linked to psg and rashford to Barcelona,  coincidence?  Don't think so.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17401: Mar 30, 2019 09:35:19 am
      Mmm, it's contract renewal time and herrera gets linked to psg and rashford to Barcelona,  coincidence?  Don't think so.

Think most of us know ( believe ) Rashford going no where. Contracts  have been drawn and he's on the verge of a 5 year contract and £150k a week which will double his current salary.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #17402: Mar 30, 2019 10:39:38 am
      Think most of us know ( believe ) Rashford going no where. Contracts  have been drawn and he's on the verge of a 5 year contract and £150k a week which will double his current salary.

His representatives are in discussion over a proposed 150k a week deal, nothing is confirmed, Rashford and his agent could command a lot more from Barca or RM.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17403: Mar 30, 2019 11:00:06 am
      His representatives are in discussion over a proposed 150k a week deal, nothing is confirmed, Rashford and his agent could command a lot more from Barca or RM.

Could get more too. £150k sounds cheap these days doesn't it.  ;D He doesn't come across as many footballers ( greedy) do so optimistic on this one.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #17404: Mar 30, 2019 01:57:30 pm
      I'd have Rashford for 150k a week. Ship out Lallana and Sturridge to fund it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #17405: Mar 30, 2019 02:04:39 pm

Think if Maureen had stayed then you’d have lost him and Martial. I be shocked if Rashford went anywhere now though. He’s the only player from you lot that I’d really like to see with us. His game and attributes are tailor made for the way we play. He’s obviously massively upped his game since the change in management, below par before it, so I wouldn’t have him as a stand out player of this season but next season could be massive for him. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was to hit 25+ goals if he’s played through the middle. Head and shoulders above Lukaku and a much better attitude.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17406: Mar 30, 2019 02:28:34 pm
      Think if Maureen had stayed then you’d have lost him and Martial. I be shocked if Rashford went anywhere now though. He’s the only player from you lot that I’d really like to see with us. His game and attributes are tailor made for the way we play. He’s obviously massively upped his game since the change in management, below par before it, so I wouldn’t have him as a stand out player of this season but next season could be massive for him. Wouldn’t be surprised if he was to hit 25+ goals if he’s played through the middle. Head and shoulders above Lukaku and a much better attitude.

Lukaku? Never heard of him.  ;D Yeah your right again, Rashford could be world class the way he's going for one so young. Wouldn't you have De Gea also? Not saying your lad isn't good as he is. However defo not as good as De Gea.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #17407: Mar 30, 2019 02:36:00 pm
      Lukaku? Never heard of him.  ;D Yeah your right again, Rashford could be world class the way he's going for one so young. Wouldn't you have De Gea also? Not saying your lad isn't good as he is. However defo not as good as De Gea.

Any other time I would have jumped at the chance of us having De Gea but I think the way we play, Alisson is much better suited due to his distribution. I’d say Alisson has been more consistent and had a better season than De Gea this year. Whether that makes him a better keeper or not is open to interpretation but De Gea has been consistently among the best/arguably the best for years now so Alisson has to do the same.
      For me though, I wouldn’t swap Alisson for anyone because of how good his distribution is, he has his wild moments but I’m sure it’s something that’s being worked on.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #17408: Mar 31, 2019 02:35:43 pm

RM are prepared to give De Gea £350k a week, his agent is suggesting that if you can't match it he's gone.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17409: Mar 31, 2019 03:55:09 pm
      RM are prepared to give De Gea £350k a week, his agent is suggesting that if you can't match it he's gone.

Yeah read the same thing but De Gea been leaving for 3 years now yet still here.  :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #17410: Mar 31, 2019 03:56:25 pm
      Yeah read the same thing but De Gea been leaving for 3 years now yet still here.  :)

Not to mention it makes no difference whether the player wants to leave or not. De Gea can decide he wants to leave all he wants but it means nothing if the club reject all offers. Just shows the lack of respect players have for clubs these days.

Quick Reply