Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2330792 times
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #17503: Apr 17, 2019 06:39:39 pm
      Don’t know why anyone is surprised.
      It’s the same as any other job.
      Work as hard as you can in the probation period then relax and t0ss it off as soon as you get made permanent!!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #17504: Apr 17, 2019 10:57:42 pm
      Its time to laugh again.

League - Out
      F A Cup - Out
      League Cup - Out
      European Cup - Out

Master Card - PRICELESS
      manc scum - POTLESS

Once Again.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17505: Apr 18, 2019 02:51:15 pm
      How can one team that has spent as much as they have still be in need of a rebuild? LVG - rebuild, Jose - rebuild, Ole - rebuild. Forgetting that when the first two were in charge and they were signing Di Maria, Falcao, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, Martial, Bailly and whoever else, they were apparently back to their best and reclaim the success they had under Fergie.

It’s like they now just want to sign the biggest profile player, or one of the biggest and expect it to work, almost to try and scare the other teams with their “financial muscle” or whatever. Instead of signing the players they actually need. Pogba cost more than Salah, Mane and Firmino combined yet one of them is failing to deliver and throwing his toys out the pram constantly whilst the other 3 are proving to be bargains and up there with the best. There is a reason why Fergie let Pogba go, and I’m fairly certain he wouldn’t have then signed him back to the club, at least not at that kind of money!
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2019 02:56:14 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17506: Apr 18, 2019 04:02:00 pm
      There is a reason why Fergie let Pogba go, and I’m fairly certain he wouldn’t have then signed him back to the club, at least not at that kind of money!

Pogba my favourite United player KK if you remember from past post and as you know this manc doesn't wear rose tinted glasses  8) This is what Apparantly happened.

Fergie said many years ago when Pogba was a unknown he's going to be the next best thing as a box to box midfielder when playing in the youth team around 2010. sh*t hit the fan when Fergie brought Scholes back from retirement instead of bring in Pogba.

Now I've always stated and maintained the French seem to have a arrogance about them for what ever reason. Pogba spit his dummy out and then decided he wanted out is basically the story,  Very expensive mistake but as you know Fergie has always stated no one bigger than the club (( except maybe him  :D )) so he became history at the time. I was gutted to see him go as I'd watched him a few times in the youth team, he did look special then.

Only problem with Pogba he seems to turn himself on and off when it suits him which shouldn't be exceptable. Still my favourite player though  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17507: Apr 18, 2019 04:08:41 pm
      Pogba my favourite United player KK if you remember from past post and as you know this manc doesn't wear rose tinted glasses  8) This is what Apparantly happened.

Fergie said many years ago when Pogba was a unknown he's going to be the next best thing as a box to box midfielder when playing in the youth team around 2010. Sh*t hit the fan when Fergie brought Scholes back from retirement instead of bring in Pogba.

Now I've always stated and maintained the French seem to have a arrogance about them for what ever reason. Pogba spit his dummy out and then decided he wanted out is basically the story,  Very expensive mistake but as you know Fergie has always stated no one bigger than the club (( except maybe him  :D )) so he became history at the time. I was gutted to see him go as I'd watched him a few times in the youth team, he did look special then.

Only problem with Pogba he seems to turn himself on and off when it suits him which shouldn't be exceptable. Still my favourite player though  ;D

Pogba is far to hot and cold to be rated as a top player, at the moment he seems to be in sulk mode again.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #17508: Apr 18, 2019 05:26:58 pm
      Pogba is far to hot and cold to be rated as a top player, at the moment he seems to be in sulk mode again.

Luxury player, gets by in very good teams that dominate and is very ordinary when backs against the wall.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #17509: Apr 20, 2019 09:29:41 am

Fergie said many years ago when Pogba was a unknown he's going to be the next best thing as a box to box midfielder when playing in the youth team around 2010. sh*t hit the fan when Fergie brought Scholes back from retirement instead of bring in Pogba.

Keith, I have followed you’re posts on this forum with interest over the last few years. My local is split pretty much 50/50 Liverpool-MU. You seem to think Ole is not the right man for the job. I actually agree with you. The vast majority of the guys in the pub thought he was the right man, up to a month ago. They have now gone very quiet. Please understand that these are really good friends of mine for many years and have been following said team all there lives. My question is this. Why did you think he isn’t the right man to take over full time from the start?. And why do you think things have gone sh*te since he took over permanently?.I for one think you lot are in for a world of hurt for the next few years. Thoughts?.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17510: Apr 20, 2019 10:32:10 am
      Keith, I have followed you’re posts on this forum with interest over the last few years. My local is split pretty much 50/50 Liverpool-MU. You seem to think Ole is not the right man for the job. I actually agree with you. The vast majority of the guys in the pub thought he was the right man, up to a month ago. They have now gone very quiet. Please understand that these are really good friends of mine for many years and have been following said team all there lives. My question is this. Why did you think he isn’t the right man to take over full time from the start?. And why do you think things have gone sh*te since he took over permanently?.I for one think you lot are in for a world of hurt for the next few years. Thoughts?.

I've basically answered this many times and if you read past post you'll see. The likes of 7-King Kenny-7  Frankly, Mr Shankly  seem to have a similar thoughts. Personally I thought the board at United voted with their hearts rather than heads.

Great player he was he'd done nothing as a manager to suggest he could take over one of the biggest clubs in the world and turn it round. A couple of us knew (( like the two fans I mentioned )) that we were going through the honeymoon period and didn't think the rich form would last. I've always been of the opinion defensively he's inept which as a striker would make some valid sense. Obviously going forward hasn't been bad and did motivate the players when he arrived.

You only have to listen him during interviews and you can see/feel he's not ready for the jump to such a high profile club. For me he comes over clueless and it hurts to say so. Many of our fans just couldn't see the bigger picture and thought after some great results he had what it takes. That's what happens when you wear rose tinted glasses, you become tottaly blinkered to what actually is going on.

Only thing I saw that was postive was the bounce effect from players when they sacked Mourhino. They were determined to play their  hearts out for Ole which they have and done. However, for me it takes years of experience to take such a big job on. Ole had done f**k all to make me think otherwise. He wasn't exactly a success at previous clubs. No ex United player presently can do the United job as simply not good enough.

He's going to get sh*t loads of money in summer, probably some top players that will no doubt get us in top 4 next year. However, he just can't from what I've seen take us to that next level. He's no Pep, Klopp or Poch. Chances are never will be either.  Could well be very very embarrassing over the next few years. I actually think there's outside chance the board might have to pay him off  (( Ole )) and try for Poch again.

Certainly not looking forward to next year even if we do get the signings with or without CL football next season. I'd even of taken Eddie Howe as a outside chance from what managers were available. Unfortunately the laugh at mancs thread could be very busy over the next 3 years if we keep Ole. Let's hope I'm wrong and your all laughing at me instead when he wins us the CL, Premier League, FA Cup & League Cup next year.  :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17511: Apr 20, 2019 10:46:07 am
      I've basically answered this many times and if you read past post you'll see. The likes of 7-King Kenny-7  Frankly, Mr Shankly  seem to have a similar thoughts. Personally I thought the board at United voted with their hearts rather than heads.

Great player he was he'd done nothing as a manager to suggest he could take over one of the biggest clubs in the world and turn it round. A couple of us knew (( like the two fans I mentioned )) that we were going through the honeymoon period and didn't think the rich form would last. I've always been of the opinion defensively he's inept which as a striker would make some valid sense. Obviously going forward hasn't been bad and did motivate the players when he arrived.

You only have to listen him during interviews and you can see/feel he's not ready for the jump to such a high profile club. For me he comes over clueless and it hurts to say so. Many of our fans just couldn't see the bigger picture and thought after some great results he had what it takes. That's what happens when you wear rose tinted glasses, you become tottaly blinkered to what actually is going on.

Only thing I saw that was postive was the bounce effect from players when they sacked Mourhino. They were determined to play their  hearts out for Ole which they have and done. However, for me it takes years of experience to take such a big job on. Ole had done f**k all to make me think otherwise. He wasn't exactly a success at previous clubs. No ex United player presently can do the United job as simply not good enough.

He's going to get sh*t loads of money in summer, probably some top players that will no doubt get us in top 4 next year. However, he just can't from what I've seen take us to that next level. He's no Pep, Klopp or Poch. Chances are never will be either.  Could well be very very embarrassing over the next few years. I actually think there's outside chance the board might have to pay him off  (( Ole )) and try for Poch again.

Certainly not looking forward to next year even if we do get the signings with or without CL football next season. I'd even of taken Eddie Howe as a outside chance from what managers were available. Unfortunately the laugh at mancs thread could be very busy over the next 3 years if we keep Ole. Let's hope I'm wrong and your all laughing at me instead when he wins us the CL, Premier League, FA Cup & League Cup next year.  :lmao:

Having had him as manager of my Norwegian team, Molde, I could have told you that he was average or even below par, he won the league with them but only because they did a Citeh and invested far more money than anyone else. He was a good player playing in a great team but as a manager very average and is not the right man for Utd.
      The only thing that surprised me was the bounce he got when he came in but I think that reflects more on how much the players hated Maureen.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #17512: Apr 20, 2019 10:50:39 am

Mate how can you be so sure Ole will sign top players this Summer with no CL to offer and in a obvious transition period? It will take 3 or 4 transfer windows minimum to clear out dead wood and sign quality players and I can't see Ole remaining manager for this length of time.

We were massively lucky that Klopp wanted to reform our club and was given 5 years minimum to do so. But even a world class manager like JĂźrgen still needed a few transfer windows to build his squad.

If I were a United supporter my biggest fear would be the boards lack of strategy and vision going forward. You can't keep throwing money at a problem signing players for ridiculous prices and wages you need a clear vision and only a world class manager can support this.

Until United sign a world class manager which they haven't since Fergie retired (please don't tell me Maureen is a world class manager), you will not compete for the PL and CL titles.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #17513: Apr 20, 2019 11:07:40 am
      Ole primary objective is top four, he's a lot closer than Mourinho was.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #17514: Apr 20, 2019 11:16:15 am
      Love how the plan seems to be ripping it all up and starting again....again.

Clear out the players, replace with more random additions to suit OGS style. When OGS doesn’t work out, go for another clear out and rebuild and repeat until they have vanished into obscurity :D

As Chris Smalling would say...bring it on! :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17515: Apr 20, 2019 12:24:04 pm
      Mate how can you be so sure Ole will sign top players this Summer with no CL to offer and in a obvious transition period? It will take 3 or 4 transfer windows minimum to clear out dead wood and sign quality players and I can't see Ole remaining manager for this length of time.

We were massively lucky that Klopp wanted to reform our club and was given 5 years minimum to do so. But even a world class manager like JĂźrgen still needed a few transfer windows to build his squad.

If I were a United supporter my biggest fear would be the boards lack of strategy and vision going forward. You can't keep throwing money at a problem signing players for ridiculous prices and wages you need a clear vision and only a world class manager can support this.

Until United sign a world class manager which they haven't since Fergie retired (please don't tell me Maureen is a world class manager), you will not compete for the PL and CL titles.

I'm not sure Baz but we all know money talks in many cases it's just what I think might happen. We all know how greedy football players are like these days. Yeah we've plenty of dead wood now and the vamp is massive. Can only think of 5/6 first team players that I would keep now.

Your quite right about the board, this has been on going problem since Fergie retired and not sure what the answer is. Not many world class managers left now. My opinion hasn't changed. Poch still No1 target that isn't looking like happening unless the board realise their mistake in taking Ole before the season was over which was the original plan but changed it.  :f_steam:

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17516: Apr 20, 2019 12:25:15 pm

Certainly is/was  but that's still not good enough.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 38 
      Reply #17517: Apr 20, 2019 12:29:53 pm
      Thanks for you’re honest opinion Keith,like I say i have been keeping up with you’re posts. I just can’t believe they have jumped in head first again. Don’t get me wrong, I’m really pleased they have. And I think you’re absolutely right. They have gone with they’re hearts, not with they’re heads.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #17518: Apr 20, 2019 03:07:47 pm
      I'm not sure Baz but we all know money talks in many cases it's just what I think might happen. We all know how greedy football players are like these days. Yeah we've plenty of dead wood now and the vamp is massive. Can only think of 5/6 first team players that I would keep now.

Your quite right about the board, this has been on going problem since Fergie retired and not sure what the answer is. Not many world class managers left now. My opinion hasn't changed. Poch still No1 target that isn't looking like happening unless the board realise their mistake in taking Ole before the season was over which was the original plan but changed it.  :f_steam:

Yea it's baffling how your board will sanction hundreds of millions of pounds on players, none of which are world class, but then take the cheap and easy option when it comes to making your most important signing after sacking 3 managers, which is to sign a world class manager.

Would it not make more sense to offer Poch a contract he couldn't refuse knowing you would be signing a top class manager who would bring stability with for a few seasons??
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #17519: Apr 20, 2019 03:10:23 pm
      King makers..

I’m hoping the loss to Barcelona will see them up a gear in the derby & take all 3 points or draw..
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17520: Apr 20, 2019 03:27:52 pm

Would it not make more sense to offer Poch a contract he couldn't refuse knowing you would be signing a top class manager who would bring stability with for a few seasons??

Yeah course it would but I'm not on the board.  :D :(
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17521: Apr 20, 2019 03:57:42 pm

erm didn't Maureen get top 4 last year? Despite Maureen's reign being fairly sh*t he still secured European football and a few cups.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17522: Apr 20, 2019 11:24:13 pm
      Would be quite interesting to see what would happen if Fergie made a return. Would he try and adopt the same tactics as before or would he try and adjust and match the intensity and precision of Klopp and Guardiola? He wasn’t competing against managers like that, competing with Rafa, Wenger and Jose was very much a tactical battle and who blinks first. None of them managers went on the attack like Klopp and Guardiola do.
      Obviously never going to happen but would be interesting to see IMO.
      That said, he's lucky he got the job when he did because he wouldn’t go the first 7(?) years without a title this day in age.

But anyway, more to the point I actually came on to this topic to make before I got randomly side tracked...can’t believe we are having to rely on the F***ing Mancs, dreading it!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,869 posts | 2692 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17523: Apr 21, 2019 07:56:03 am

But anyway, more to the point I actually came on to this topic to make before I got randomly side tracked...can’t believe we are having to rely on the f**king Mancs, dreading it!

So that means your a proper red come Wednesday then  ;D I mean actually cheering when we score  :lmao: May be a good idea (( as a omen )) to chain this thread to love or win the manc thread for 90 mins  ;D ;D Could stand you boys in good stead if you believe in all that.  ;D  May be a bit to much love just like the manc thread  :D.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #17524: Apr 21, 2019 11:30:52 am
      Won't be sitting cheering them on as I've better things to do but hoping they can take at least a point of City.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #17525: Apr 21, 2019 12:01:55 pm
      So that means your a proper red come Wednesday then  ;D I mean actually cheering when we score  :lmao: May be a good idea (( as a omen )) to chain this thread to love or win the manc thread for 90 mins  ;D ;D Could stand you boys in good stead if you believe in all that.  ;D  May be a bit to much love just like the manc thread  :D.
      If United win I'll be pretty pleased, providing we win all our games. Rivalry can gtfo when it comes to the situation we're in.

Quick Reply