Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2337106 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #17940: Oct 01, 2019 10:49:30 am
      My old man reckons it will be Rodgers.

Not good enough in my opinion mate. However, he's certainly better that Ole
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17941: Oct 01, 2019 10:53:25 am
      Is correct Skip but Ferguson took about 15 years to win anything and Ole must be given a lot longer than the shitheads down the M62 who want instant success and are calling for his head.
      They believe that sacking Ole is the way forward, for the Man U hating majority it most certainly is and here's hoping the board have an ear for the shitheads.

Fat Sam for the job.

15 years stuey?? took him 4 years for his first trophy which was the FA Cup, 3 years later he won the League. Where did you get 15 from  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17942: Oct 01, 2019 11:47:51 am
      More Stats.

They have  49 points from their 28 Premier League games under Ole  two less than Maureen's last 28.

Manchester United and Arsenal's current combined points are equal to the the Reds after our seven games
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,295 posts | 764 
      Reply #17943: Oct 01, 2019 12:02:33 pm
      They will have trouble qualifying for the Europa league, at this rate.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #17944: Oct 01, 2019 12:50:51 pm
      15 years stuey?? took him 4 years for his first trophy which was the FA Cup, 3 years later he won the League. Where did you get 15 from  ;D

They count days and nights in prison! ;D!
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #17945: Oct 01, 2019 12:52:55 pm
      Stop reminding me  :f_wah: Ole at the wheel is killing me  :f_doh: Poch before Christmas??

Ole is no bueno, but the biggest problem for United is upstairs. A coach like Poch would improve things but not fully as long as the hierarchy is clueless.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #17946: Oct 01, 2019 01:48:08 pm
      United do need to stick with a manager and back them, the only thing is that man is not Ole!

Funny as F**k though to see them looking like giving him a few transfer windows, because you can tell by his interviews he doesn't particularly know what hes doing.

Lots of talk about 'going for it' and stuff like that, but very little of substance from him.

I hope from our perspective that when the time comes that Klopp wants a break from the game and to leave here, we handle it a lot better than United with Fergie. Very little planning in place for his departure it seems.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #17947: Oct 01, 2019 01:49:29 pm
      Can't be often Man United have played on a Monday during a Champions League group stage week.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #17948: Oct 01, 2019 05:06:08 pm
      Hopefully they give Ed Woodward more responsibility, he’s doing a great job :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17949: Oct 01, 2019 06:17:32 pm
      I said it at the time and I'll say it again, giving Solskjaer the job was a huge mistake, his previous club Molde instantly improved after he left and are now leading the Norwegian league with a 5 point gap down to second place with 7 games to play.

The Utd team are just a shambles at the moment, they have some decent players but no direction, no strategy.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #17950: Oct 01, 2019 07:08:03 pm

I'm thinking of the old first division he was appointed to win in 1986 and he failed to do it for nearly 30 years, people were calling for his head.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17951: Oct 01, 2019 08:10:40 pm
      They will have trouble qualifying for the Europa league, at this rate.

Truth be know David it would be blessing in disguise if we didn't
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17952: Oct 01, 2019 08:24:37 pm
      Truth be know David it would be blessing in disguise if we didn't

That's entirely understandable Keith. I've always thought competing on Thursdays severely impacted our domestic form when we were in it. It's punishing particularly when it feels like it involves longer treks across Europe than the CL.

The Europa League only comes into value at the very latter stages and even then you still have to win the thing to get your moneys worth.

Sometimes you just need that season out of Europe and that sole focus on domestic matters to remould yourself. I think it certainly helped Jürgen and Liverpool FC in terms of building the side when we weren't competing in 2016-2017. It would go a long way to helping Man Utd rebuild if they were to do the same.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #17953: Oct 01, 2019 08:34:46 pm
      Hopefully a nice top 6 finish for them then!

If United are pinning their hopes on a Europa win to get them back in to the CL, theres some decent sides who will finish 3rd in their group who can trouble them.

The Bruges team tonight were decent against Madrid.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17954: Oct 01, 2019 09:53:33 pm
      That's entirely understandable Keith. I've always thought competing on Thursdays severely impacted our domestic form when we were in it. It's punishing particularly when it feels like it involves longer treks across Europe than the CL.

The Europa League only comes into value at the very latter stages and even then you still have to win the thing to get your moneys worth.

Sometimes you just need that season out of Europe and that sole focus on domestic matters to remould yourself. I think it certainly helped Jürgen and Liverpool FC in terms of building the side when we weren't competing in 2016-2017. It would go a long way to helping Man Utd rebuild if they were to do the same.

Tottaly agree mate, I like the competition at the quarter final stages and that's about it. Not that we have any chance in the league anyway but yes, it can serverly interrupt any of the top 6 who're fighting for CL spots.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17955: Oct 02, 2019 02:42:42 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17956: Oct 03, 2019 08:16:09 pm
      4 games without a win now, oh dear.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17957: Oct 03, 2019 08:30:13 pm
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #17958: Oct 03, 2019 08:37:05 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly

Sometimes you just need that season out of Europe and that sole focus on domestic matters to remould yourself.

All the European finalists last season were from the EPL. Chelsea won the UEFA Cup and finished 3rd. So it didn't affect them much.

The mancs were crap before they even started playing in Europe. That club is just badly run from the top down, of people taking bad decisions that don't work. There is no patience in that club, no stability, no strategy, everything is short term. And when that doesn't work, the pressure increases on those in charge into taking more bad decisions, which they then do, and the cycle repeats itself. Where they are in the table now is arising from years of short sighted mismanagement, not because of a few Thursday nights in the UEFA Cup.

We all know what it's like to be rooted in mid-table not that long ago, and we had to put up with it. Now it's their turn. I hope they continue tripping themselves up. It's more laughter for us, for me, and more importantly, more years when they can't win the league.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17959: Oct 03, 2019 09:22:58 pm
      All the European finalists last season were from the EPL. Chelsea won the UEFA Cup and finished 3rd. So it didn't affect them much.

The mancs were crap before they even started playing in Europe. That club is just badly run from the top down, of people taking bad decisions that don't work. There is no patience in that club, no stability, no strategy, everything is short term. And when that doesn't work, the pressure increases on those in charge into taking more bad decisions, which they then do, and the cycle repeats itself. Where they are in the table now is arising from years of short sighted mismanagement, not because of a few Thursday nights in the UEFA Cup.

We all know what it's like to be rooted in mid-table not that long ago, and we had to put up with it. Now it's their turn. I hope they continue tripping themselves up. It's more laughter for us, for me, and more importantly, more years when they can't win the league.

Context though isn't it? Well given that Chelsea still had the core of their 2016-2017 title winning side together then obviously it showed they had decent strength in depth. There's no doubt in my mind that Sarri's Chelsea would have been a little bit closer to us and Man City had it not been for Thursday night football for them.

Them getting rid of Sarri was the stupidest thing they've ever done.

CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #17960: Oct 03, 2019 09:26:20 pm
      Context though isn't it? Well given that Chelsea still had the core of their 2016-2017 title winning side together then obviously it showed they had decent strength in depth. There's no doubt in my mind that Sarri's Chelsea would have been a little bit closer to us and Man City had it not been for Thursday night football for them.

I don't dislike Sarri but i don't think he was all that great. Played Kante, who is a beast, out of position far too many times. It made no sense.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #17961: Oct 03, 2019 10:59:36 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly

Sarri wanted to go. He never looked like someone who would stay around for long, and he left the first chance he got.

To challenge for the league in the Guardiola era, your squad has to be capable of getting at least 95 points. They had no chance.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #17962: Oct 04, 2019 06:03:41 am
      If they lose at Newcastle it could be curtains for Ole, as they really would be in a relegation scrap.....but we all know a manager who is great at saving clubs from the drop...Fat Sam 😂😂

Quick Reply