Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [Community Shield] Sat 29th Aug @ 4:00 pm
      Wembley

Today is the 8th of August and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 1577581 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,106 posts | 816 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #18775: Jul 26, 2020 06:03:12 pm
      PHEW    :D Feeling like winning a trophy  :champ: :clap:
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,302 posts | 586 
      Reply #18776: Jul 26, 2020 06:11:52 pm
      Really?  :lmao:
      Isaac!
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts | 15 
      Reply #18777: Jul 26, 2020 06:16:28 pm
      He's probably forgotten, poor chap.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,241 posts | 1185 
      Reply #18778: Jul 26, 2020 06:27:06 pm

You sound like an Arsenal fan saying that :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,106 posts | 816 
      Reply #18779: Jul 26, 2020 06:29:57 pm
      You sound like an Arsenal fan saying that :D

;D I'll take being any fan as long it's not a Leeds United fan  :lmao:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,506 posts | 2854 
      • Beware The Second Wave
      Reply #18780: Jul 27, 2020 01:41:37 am
      You did it Keith   (choke )

At the top table but down by the table leg picking up our crumbs  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,106 posts | 816 
      Reply #18781: Jul 27, 2020 02:18:54 pm
      You did it Keith   (choke )

At the top table but down by the table leg picking up our crumbs  ;D

Not bad for a sh*te team aye  :lmao:

Don't worry though we won't be knocking you off the perch just yet.  ;D

Need least 3 signings and that's just to give you lads a run. Also not a great back up bench just yet.  :(
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,808 posts | 550 
      Reply #18782: Jul 27, 2020 07:43:34 pm
      Not bad for a sh*te team aye  :lmao:

Don't worry though we won't be knocking you off the perch just yet.  ;D

Need least 3 signings and that's just to give you lads a run. Also not a great back up bench just yet.  :(
      Don’t think 10 signings would even come near to bridging the gap. United are improving but this Liverpool team has been consistently improving over the last 5 years, competing at the very top for about the last 2 and a half. I’ll not be worried about United competing with us as long as Ole is in charge.

While impressive that they qualified for UCL, it cannot be ignored that it coincided with a calamitous few months from Leicester. Anyway they got over the line and beat what was in front of them but expectation is on them for next season and that’s when we’ll see what Ole is made of. He might prove me wrong but I doubt it.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,876 posts | 586 
      Reply #18783: Jul 27, 2020 08:41:47 pm
      Quote from Isaac!
      He's probably forgotten, poor chap.

We haven't.

BREAKING NEWS: MANCS GO THREE SEASONS WITHOUT WINNING A TROPHY BREAKING NEWS: MANCS GO THREE SEASONS WITHOUT WINNING A TROPHY BREAKING NEWS: MANCS GO THREE SEASONS WITHOUT WINNING A TROPHY BREAKING NEWS: MANCS GO THREE SEASONS WITHOUT WINNING A T...

They've gone from the worst start in 40 years to nicking a top 4 spot at the last minute. So it looks like Pochettino will have to pack his bags and head off to coach a normal club.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,106 posts | 816 
      Reply #18784: Jul 27, 2020 08:52:59 pm
      Don’t think 10 signings would even come near to bridging the gap. United are improving but this Liverpool team has been consistently improving over the last 5 years, competing at the very top for about the last 2 and a half. I’ll not be worried about United competing with us as long as Ole is in charge.

While impressive that they qualified for UCL, it cannot be ignored that it coincided with a calamitous few months from Leicester. Anyway they got over the line and beat what was in front of them but expectation is on them for next season and that’s when we’ll see what Ole is made of. He might prove me wrong but I doubt it.

10? Really  ;D Boy id like to bet on that one if i could.  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,912 posts | 4530 
      Reply #18785: Jul 27, 2020 08:54:53 pm
      We haven't.

BREAKING NEWS: MANCS GO THREE SEASONS WITHOUT WINNING A TROPHY BREAKING NEWS: MANCS GO THREE SEASONS WITHOUT WINNING A TROPHY BREAKING NEWS: MANCS GO THREE SEASONS WITHOUT WINNING A TROPHY BREAKING NEWS: MANCS GO THREE SEASONS WITHOUT WINNING A T...

Sssssh

The spawny cu*ts could still win the Europa!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,106 posts | 816 
      Reply #18786: Jul 27, 2020 10:28:18 pm
      Sssssh

The spawny cu*ts could still win the Europa!!

Excuse me!!!! 2017 Europa Cup.  ;D
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,808 posts | 550 
      Reply #18787: Jul 27, 2020 10:39:50 pm
      10? Really  ;D Boy id like to bet on that one if i could.  ;D
      You really think so? I mean maybe in fifa career mode but not in real life. These things don’t happen overnight even if you spend a fortune. United have been trying to buy their way back to the top for years. I mean they have had, what, close to a billion net spend over the last 10 years while Liverpool have about 300 million in comparison. How many false peaks have we seen? They won a few earlier in the decade of course and along the way have picked up a league cup here or a Europa league there.

Liverpool have only started to win trophies over the last year but the foundations have been built for seasons of success. We reached European finals in 3 consecutive seasons, have won the 2 biggest trophies available in club football and have achieved a groundbreaking 196 points over the last 2 seasons. I’m not saying it is impossible that United can start to work their way to the top but it’s quite dismissive to suggest a few signings would bridge the gap to a team like Liverpool.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,106 posts | 816 
      Reply #18788: Jul 27, 2020 10:50:46 pm
      You really think so? I mean maybe in fifa career mode but not in real life. These things don’t happen overnight even if you spend a fortune. United have been trying to buy their way back to the top for years. I mean they have had, what, close to a billion net spend over the last 10 years while Liverpool have about 300 million in comparison. How many false peaks have we seen? They won a few earlier in the decade of course and along the way have picked up a league cup here or a Europa league there.

Liverpool have only started to win trophies over the last year but the foundations have been built for seasons of success. We reached European finals in 3 consecutive seasons, have won the 2 biggest trophies available in club football and have achieved a groundbreaking 196 points over the last 2 seasons. I’m not saying it is impossible that United can start to work their way to the top but it’s quite dismissive to suggest a few signings would bridge the gap to a team like Liverpool.

With 10 signings without doubt challenge for the holy grail. However, it's all hypothetical and not happening. United will finish 3rd next year if we get our summer signings.
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,808 posts | 550 
      Reply #18789: Jul 27, 2020 10:55:50 pm
      With 10 signings without doubt challenge for the holy grail. However, it's all hypothetical and not happening. United will finish 3rd next year if we get our summer signings.
      Maybe if you signed 10 of City’s starting XI but other than that, not a chance.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,912 posts | 4530 
      Reply #18790: Jul 28, 2020 08:45:12 am

Still in this seasons competition as well aren't you softlad?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,106 posts | 816 
      Reply #18791: Jul 28, 2020 10:00:19 am
      Still in this seasons competition as well aren't you softlad?

Actually think we've a chance to with the teams left HR. Providing Ole doesn't f**k up like he did in the FA Cup.  :f_doh:
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,498 posts | 2373 
      Reply #18792: Jul 28, 2020 10:36:18 am
      Actually think we've a chance to with the teams left HR. Providing Ole doesn't f**k up like he did in the FA Cup.  :f_doh:

You have a chance, but there are some decent teams still left in it, not least Wolves. Then you have Inter Milan, Sevilla, Roma, Leverkusen, Shaktar Donetsk etc. If you had Maureen in charge I'd say you have a decent chance but with Ole and his tactical naivety, not so sure.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,106 posts | 816 
      Reply #18793: Jul 28, 2020 10:42:42 am
      You have a chance, but there are some decent teams still left in it, not least Wolves. Then you have Inter Milan, Sevilla, Roma, Leverkusen, Shaktar Donetsk etc. If you had Maureen in charge I'd say you have a decent chance but with Ole and his tactical naivety, not so sure.

I know mate, like you i have big doubts about Ole taking us to that next level.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,217 posts | 642 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #18794: Jul 28, 2020 10:47:52 am

Not sure if United will be taking it as seriously now that they've made top 4. It's a good competition to win but I think most teams now view it as a route into the Champions League first and foremost, now they've already achieved that they could have one eye on next season. Especially wih the league starting so soon after the competition ends, they could view it as sort of a distraction.

They're certainly good enough to win it, but I think under the current circumstances the likes of Roma, Leverkusen and even Wolves could be more motivated to do so, having missed out on qualifying for the CL domestically
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,106 posts | 816 
      Reply #18795: Jul 28, 2020 10:51:52 am
      Not sure if United will be taking it as seriously now that they've made top 4. It's a good competition to win but I think most teams now view it as a route into the Champions League first and foremost, now they've already achieved that they could have one eye on next season. Especially wih the league starting so soon after the competition ends, they could view it as sort of a distraction.

They're certainly good enough to win it, but I think under the current circumstances the likes of Roma, Leverkusen and even Wolves could be more motivated to do so, having missed out on qualifying for the CL domestically

Massive mistake if Ole does. He has to go for it. Ill go f**king mad if he doesn't  :f_steam:
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,217 posts | 642 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #18796: Jul 28, 2020 11:02:19 am
      Massive mistake if Ole does. He has to go for it. Ill go f**king mad if he doesn't  :f_steam:

Not saying he's going to put the kids out or anything like that, but in terms of the mentality of the group they could have their eyes elsewhere with the league starting in a few weeks. Add that to the fact it won't really "feel" like European knockout football given all the circumstances I could sort of understand if they just went through the motions

Whereas the likes of Wolves have the added bonus of a chance to make the Champions League, a lot of those players wouldn't have played CL football before, so I'm sure they won't need any added motivation
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,506 posts | 2854 
      • Beware The Second Wave
      Reply #18797: Jul 29, 2020 12:27:48 pm

Keith......Keith ...lost your meds again?  In the sofa probably.

Then a little lie down playing Comfortably Numb

You'll be fine tomorrow.
      tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,271 posts | 283 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #18798: Jul 29, 2020 07:31:43 pm
      Keith......Keith ...lost your meds again?  In the sofa probably.

Then a little lie down playing Comfortably Numb

You'll be fine tomorrow.

Maybe try playing fearless by Pink Floyd
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,617 posts | 718 
      Reply #18799: Aug 04, 2020 04:13:49 pm

Congratulations. See you in the CL.

Quick Reply