Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2331083 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #18768: Sep 22, 2020 05:02:06 pm
      Norwegian Character Traits

Source  Google :

They tend to jealously guard their personal space and seem worried and slightly afraid when confronted with strangers.

Being private and introvert individuals are Norwegian traits.

Besides their independence and self-sufficiency, their personality can be said to be formal and always sincere to the point.

Three Interesting Things About Norwegians.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18769: Sep 22, 2020 06:47:49 pm

Source  Google :

They tend to jealously guard their personal space and seem worried and slightly afraid when confronted with strangers.

Besides their independence and self-sufficiency, their personality can be said to be formal and always sincere to the point.

??? You just listed interesting things about Norwegians.

Did you mean to insult Norway or Norwegians?
      BTW you do know there are other Norwegians on this forum, did you mean to insult them as well or just me? That's the problem with Xenophobia and racism, it's a bit vague, like the people who do it.

BTW you have to say where you are from now, I'm also intrigued to see where xenophobic trolls come from as opposed to real trolls 😉
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18770: Sep 22, 2020 06:49:50 pm

BTW you do know there are other Norwegians on this forum, did you mean to insult them as well or just me? That's the problem with Xenophobia and racism, it's a bit vague, like the people who do it.

BTW you have to say where you are from now, I'm also intrigued to see where xenophobic trolls come from as opposed to real trolls 😉

:lmao:

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18771: Sep 22, 2020 06:50:30 pm

Source  Google :

1 Tolerance as well I've just read.

2 Apparantly English skills very good, according to google again.

3 Not a lover of change ( bit like me )

4 self confessed WUMS  :lmao:

Copied and pasted your post with a few extras Miro  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18772: Sep 22, 2020 06:53:43 pm

Like me Miro is just having banter mate which means he's from Liverpool  ;D I'd guess he's in his late 20s early 30s  defo a scousers and speaks the language  ;D
      Kopite78
      Reply #18773: Sep 22, 2020 07:37:37 pm
      Like me Miro is just having banter mate which means he's from Liverpool  ;D I'd guess he's in his late 20s early 30s  defo a scousers and speaks the language  ;D

I think hes a similar age to yourself

Anyway this guess propels ages and stuff certainly is more fun than talking about utd 😀
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18774: Sep 22, 2020 09:27:03 pm
      BTW you have to say where you are from now

Zen Master Say  :   I am from the here and I am from the now.
      « Last Edit: Sep 22, 2020 09:35:14 pm by MIRO »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18775: Sep 22, 2020 09:42:21 pm
      Christ it's hard work watching this sh*te. Ole sat on his fat arse isn't helping. Can't go another year with Ole at the wheel.   :smack:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18776: Sep 22, 2020 10:15:38 pm
      Awful awful performance and the score flattered us. I did see one postive though! Maguire had a header on target dispite it being a weak one.   :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18777: Sep 22, 2020 11:31:59 pm

BTW one interesting fact about Norway is that we gave Liverpool its colloquial name, Scouse, it comes from the dish Labscouse. The Norwegian version is better, the English culinary talents were not kind to it!

Also I think I once read that a lot of Liverpool people have DNA which originates from Norway, a case of long voyages and easy women I suspect 😉

So that's two quite interesting facts about Norway related to Liverpool.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18778: Sep 23, 2020 12:06:18 am
      BTW one interesting fact about Norway is that we gave Liverpool its colloquial name, Scouse, it comes from the dish Labscouse. The Norwegian version is better, the English culinary talents were not kind to it!

The actual and correct word is LobScouse and here is the correct definition.
      Shouldn't make claim to that which isn't yours to start with.

........................ .................

Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scouse_(food)

Origin of the dish
      The Oxford Companion to Food says that lobscouse "almost certainly has its origins in the Baltic ports, especially those of Germany".[2]
      Similar dishes are traditional in countries around the North Sea, such as Norway (lapskaus), Sweden (lapskojs), Denmark (skipperlabskovs), and northern Germany (Labskaus).[2] Another theory posits a Low German origin from lappen (dewlap) and kaus (bowl).[3]

Origin of the word
      According to the Oxford English Dictionary (OED), "scouse" is a shortened form of "lobscouse"[1] and has also been written as "lopscourse", "lobscourse", "lobskous", "lobscouce", and "lap's course". Its oldest quote is from 1707, by the satirist Edward Ward: "He has sent the Fellow ... to the Devil, that first invented Lobscouse."[4]

The first known use of the term "lobscouse" is dated 1706, according to Webster's Dictionary.[5] Tobias Smollett refers to "lob's course" in 1750.[6] The roots of the word are unknown.[5] The OED states that the origin is unknown, and goes on to compare the word to loblolly, which means a "thick gruel or spoon-meat, frequently referred to as a rustic or nautical dish or simple medicinal remedy; burgoo" and "perhaps [is] onomatopoeic: compare the dialectal lob 'to bubble while in process of boiling, said esp. of porridge', also 'to eat or drink up noisily'".[7]

Friedrich Kluge also states that the origin of lobscouse is unknown, and that it was loaned to German in the 19th century where it was called labskaus.[8] Hjalmar Falk and Alf Torp states that lobscous originally was lob's course from a lob (a lump) and course (a dish) and that the word has travelled to Norwegian as labskaus and Danish as lobskous.[9]

The similarities with labs kauss in Latvian and labas kaušas is called gobbledygook (Kauderwelsch) of the mind in Der Spiegel by Petra Foede.[10] Foede translates Labs kausis to means a "good plate" in Latvian, and says that in Lithuanian they use labas káuszas for a "good plate".[a][10] According to Gerhard Bauer káuszas in Lithuanian means a wooden ladle or dipper or a wooden drinking bowl and is the same word as Lettish kauśis and this Baltic word have been adopted in German as Kausche or Kauszel which means wooden jug, pitcher or drinking bowl.[14]

Konrad Reich [de] claims that Labskaus stems from a combination of Lappen, Lappenstücke or Bauchlappen  [de] from the pig and a Low German word Kaus which he explains as a plate or platter and concludes that Labskaus is a paraphrase for a plate of minced pork.[15]:355 Reich does not cite any sources to his claim.[15]
      « Last Edit: Sep 23, 2020 12:51:23 am by MIRO »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18779: Sep 23, 2020 12:37:57 am
      Also I think I once read that a lot of Liverpool people have DNA which originates from Norway, (wtf complete bollocks )   a case of a case of long voyages and easy women I suspect 

So Liverpool women and girls are easy?  Wives and daughters please note.

Seems you could be a misogynist. 
      From Norway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_Liverpool

The Demographics Of Liverpool.

Norway conspicuous by its complete and total absence.

Consolation Prize For You :  Ole is from Norway . Ole's at the wheel.

See. Easy. Back On Topic .

;D

« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2020 07:17:44 am by MIRO »
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #18780: Sep 23, 2020 09:42:15 am

From Norway.

Heimdall is right, there will be a lot of scousers with Norwegian DNA. There's massive links between the two places - hence why we have had a huge following in Norway & wider Scandinavia. It'll derive largely from the Norwegian merchant ships which used to dock here in the 1800s, but it goes even further back than that. Places like Roby & Crosby used to be norse / viking settlements & I believe Tranmere Rovers (although technically not based in the Liverpool boundary) is the only English club to have a Norwegian Viking name
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18781: Sep 23, 2020 09:58:03 am
      Heimdall is right, there will be a lot of scousers with Norwegian DNA. There's massive links between the two places - hence why we have had a huge following in Norway & wider Scandinavia. It'll derive largely from the Norwegian merchant ships which used to dock here in the 1800s, but it goes even further back than that. Places like Roby & Crosby used to be norse / viking settlements & I believe Tranmere Rovers (although technically not based in the Liverpool boundary) is the only English club to have a Norwegian Viking name

Half the people in the North of England have some kind of genetic trait.
      Half the place names in Northern England were from those times.
      Nothing was exclusively Norwegian ...... bearing in mind that it was Scandinavia .....  being Denmark Sweden and Norway .

England was settled by Angles  from Denmark.

Vikings were defeated in Ireland and England.

The only thing Norwegian was famous for is losing Eurovsion by NIL points in 78 81 and 97.

OGS   Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole .   On topic.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18782: Sep 23, 2020 10:09:27 am

The actual and correct word is LobScouse and here is the correct definition.
      Shouldn't make claim to that which isn't yours to start with.

Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scouse_(food)

Origin of the dish
      The Oxford Companion to Food says that lobscouse "almost certainly has its origins in the Baltic ports, especially those of Germany".[2]
      Similar dishes are traditional in countries around the North Sea, such as Norway (lapskaus), Sweden (lapskojs), Denmark (skipperlabskovs), and northern Germany (Labskaus).[2] Another theory posits a Low German origin from lappen (dewlap) and kaus (bowl).[3]

Origin of the word
      According to the Oxford English Dictionary (OED), "scouse" is a shortened form of "lobscouse"[1] and has also been written as "lopscourse", "lobscourse", "lobskous", "lobscouce", and "lap's course". Its oldest quote is from 1707, by the satirist Edward Ward: "He has sent the Fellow ... to the Devil, that first invented Lobscouse."[4]

The first known use of the term "lobscouse" is dated 1706, according to Webster's Dictionary.[5] Tobias Smollett refers to "lob's course" in 1750.[6] The roots of the word are unknown.[5] The OED states that the origin is unknown, and goes on to compare the word to loblolly, which means a "thick gruel or spoon-meat, frequently referred to as a rustic or nautical dish or simple medicinal remedy; burgoo" and "perhaps [is] onomatopoeic: compare the dialectal lob 'to bubble while in process of boiling, said esp. of porridge', also 'to eat or drink up noisily'".[7]

Friedrich Kluge also states that the origin of lobscouse is unknown, and that it was loaned to German in the 19th century where it was called labskaus.[8] Hjalmar Falk and Alf Torp states that lobscous originally was lob's course from a lob (a lump) and course (a dish) and that the word has travelled to Norwegian as labskaus and Danish as lobskous.[9]

The similarities with labs kauss in Latvian and labas kaušas is called gobbledygook (Kauderwelsch) of the mind in Der Spiegel by Petra Foede.[10] Foede translates Labs kausis to means a "good plate" in Latvian, and says that in Lithuanian they use labas káuszas for a "good plate".[a][10] According to Gerhard Bauer káuszas in Lithuanian means a wooden ladle or dipper or a wooden drinking bowl and is the same word as Lettish kauśis and this Baltic word have been adopted in German as Kausche or Kauszel which means wooden jug, pitcher or drinking bowl.[14]

Konrad Reich [de] claims that Labskaus stems from a combination of Lappen, Lappenstücke or Bauchlappen  [de] from the pig and a Low German word Kaus which he explains as a plate or platter and concludes that Labskaus is a paraphrase for a plate of minced pork.[15]:355 Reich does not cite any sources to his claim.[15]

Yes but its Norwegian merchant seamen who introduced it to Liverpool you numpty. Seeing as the Baltic countries, Northern Germany and Scandinavia were closely intertwined now and in the past of course dishes were shared between countries.

You seem to be extremely triggered by all of this, why is that?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18783: Sep 23, 2020 10:13:37 am

From Norway.

Consolation Prize For You :  Ole is from Norway . Ole's at the wheel.

See. Easy. Back On Topic .

;D

Hmm, utterly irrelevant article, try this one: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/merseyside-nordic-heritage---bit-7470332

BTW I was just joking about Liverpool women being easy, the kind of banter I thought you'd enjoy ;-).
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #18784: Sep 23, 2020 10:16:02 am
      Still banging on about Sancho. Did Dortmund not put a dedline on any deal being dine  which passed weeks ago?

Make up another story for f**k sake.

By the way if I was a utd fan Id rather see a good centre half and defensive midfielder brought in. They are shocking in those areas
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #18785: Sep 23, 2020 10:16:38 am

The only thing Norwegian was famous for is losing Eurovsion by NIL points in 78 81 and 97.

Well, that. And also being a country which consistently ranks near the top (along with its Scandinavian neighbours) for having the best quality of living in the world

But yeah, on topic. Ole is sh*te

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18786: Sep 23, 2020 10:17:30 am
      Heimdall at the wheel it is then, or maybe WUMscouse ?  :lmao:

Think I like heimdall at the wheel best  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18787: Sep 23, 2020 10:20:29 am
      Still banging on about Sancho. Did Dortmund not put a dedline on any deal being dine  which passed weeks ago?

Make up another story for f**k sake.

By the way if I was a utd fan Id rather see a good centre half and defensive midfielder brought in. They are shocking in those areas

I've been saying for a while CB priority whereas Sancho a luxury buy. Our defence so so bad. Why didn't Ole listen to me.  :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18788: Sep 23, 2020 10:24:25 am
      Half the people in the North of England have some kind of genetic trait.
      Half the place names in Northern England were from those times.
      Nothing was exclusively Norwegian ...... bearing in mind that it was Scandinavia .....  being Denmark Sweden and Norway .

England was settled by Angles  from Denmark.

Vikings were defeated in Ireland and England.

OGS   Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole .   On topic.

Hmm, your understanding of history seems patchy at best, Vikings were FINALLY defeated in Ireland and England at the end of their long and successful period of power, which included discovering America and trading and establishing settlements as far away as Istanbul. One other place they set up as a territory was northern France, Normandy to be precise, and its from there that you got the Normans, who were to a large extent Vikings, William being the grandson of King Rollo who was from the west of Norway. Remind me again who won the battle of Hastings and effectively conquered England? ;-)

BTW as regards Eurovision you'll find that despite the nill points Norway has actually won it more times than England in recent years, 3 times to Norway compared to 1 to the UK in the last 35 years. BTW F**k you for making me research bloody Eurovision!! ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18789: Sep 23, 2020 10:26:47 am
      I've been saying for a while CB priority whereas Sancho a luxury buy. Our defence so so bad. Why didn't Ole listen to me.  :lmao:

Yes back on topic, it is bizarre why Man Utd seem obsessed with attackers when its defenders they need. As much as it pains me I think Man Utd might need to get rid of Ole but I'm not sure they will, he seems to be doing just enough to survive the chop.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #18790: Sep 23, 2020 10:34:55 am

BTW as regards Eurovision you'll find that despite the nill points Norway has actually won it more times than England in recent years, 3 times to Norway compared to 1 to the UK in the last 35 years. BTW f**k you for making me research bloody Eurovision!! ;-)

Funnily enough I can remember a scouse group getting 0 points on Eurovision about 15 years ago. Think it wasn't long after the invasion of Iraq so that was supposedly one of the reasons that other countries weren't voting for the UK. They were sh*t as well to be fair, like

Quick Reply