Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2336734 times
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #19504: Aug 27, 2021 05:27:21 pm
      How will this help them when they need to change the midfield? It halts the careers of Sancho and Greenwood. Narcissist signing for a narcissist club.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19505: Aug 27, 2021 05:31:13 pm
      Yeah, probably they didn't want another Welcome To Manchester billboard  :lmao:

But as Klopp said, all this for top past it star players. You've picked up a fair few in recent years. Some work, some don't. But even those that work (Ibra) is short gain and doesn't really help.

Keeps us fans motivated though. Think if we had a manager could fight for top 3. Still can't get Ole out of my head though. I'll always doubt him till he proves otherwise.  :f_doh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19506: Aug 27, 2021 05:34:20 pm
      Crazy. He will score goals and is a vast improvement on Martial but there’s a lot of United fans who seem to think you’ve just signed prime Ronaldo. The premier league is a lot stronger and a lot more competitive than when he was last there and whether people want to admit it or not, he is slowing down.

Will he be worth signing at the expense of stunting the development of Greenwood and Sancho? I don’t think so. Like Cavani and Ibra, it’s a short term signing, which seems to be becoming a common theme in attack for you lot.

Anyone improvement on Martial  ;D  Just like some of you lot! We too have fans that wear rose tinted glasses.  :lmao: Prime my arse  ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #19507: Aug 27, 2021 05:35:26 pm
      The lad has looked after himself, I think he will be a very important player for them next 2 seasons & help push them along..

Gary Mac comes to mind for us..

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #19508: Aug 27, 2021 05:41:36 pm
      I dont think its really gonna change much for united. He is aging, slowing down, thought Italian league suited him more at this stage of career.

Atleast, they won't be scoring from direct free kicks anymore. ;D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2818 
      Reply #19509: Aug 27, 2021 05:58:26 pm
      Cracking signing for them and a bit daft to think otherwise to be honest.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #19510: Aug 27, 2021 06:15:55 pm
      Idk? I'm hating this signing by United. They got him for almost nothing and I think he still has 2 or 3 great years left in him. Its frustrating seeing that City, Chelsea and United are spending and signing huge players and were just Idle. It looks like Mbappe is off too Madrid and thats a young player we should of made a serious attempt to sign. But now were just standing still letting our opponents get stronger as we do nothing. Last season proved we lack the depth needed to win silverware. I do think we have the players needed for a title push and CL Semi's but only if we stay injury free.
      I think Ole lacks the creativity needed to push United to a title but that might change.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #19511: Aug 27, 2021 06:21:35 pm
      If he stays fit its a game changer, just look at his record, scored a ton of goals wherever he has played, and over 100 goals for Portugal, crazy numbers, getting on a bit now, but which premier lg clubs would not have him in their starting 11 ?
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,748 posts | 882 
      Reply #19512: Aug 27, 2021 06:22:40 pm
      If he stays fit its a game changer, just look at his record, scored a ton of goals wherever he has played, and over 100 goals for Portugal, crazy numbers, getting on a bit now, but which premier lg clubs would not have him in their starting 11 ?

Liverpool FC  ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,230 posts | 2807 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #19513: Aug 27, 2021 06:26:28 pm
      Through gritted teeth I say fair play to them pulling this deal off.

Not sure what level hell be at in the PL, it wont be his best but will be more then enough to impact big style
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #19514: Aug 27, 2021 06:34:03 pm

Dont think Firmino or Jota are keeping him on the bench mate

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #19515: Aug 27, 2021 06:36:04 pm
      Citeh reportedly his first choice before they decided against the idea. True loyalty. I still think they'll threaten to do well without actually winning anything of any note. If they had a very good manager they'd be challenging for the top honours IMO.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #19516: Aug 27, 2021 06:36:09 pm
      Yup, fair play to them, but they still have Ole at the wheel, so we should be fine...  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Ronaldo going to Utd is ultimately better for us than him going to City. Yes, he'll improve them, but Utd don't really need him as much.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #19517: Aug 27, 2021 06:37:57 pm

On name, no, but on fit for the team they should.

Ronaldo is still a great finisher but he’s not going to offer you much else.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,081 posts | 630 
      Reply #19518: Aug 27, 2021 06:41:06 pm

It's not always about who's the better player. I don't think many will argue Bobby or Diogo are better players than Ronaldo. They are however, a better fit to the way we play, the balance of the team. Salah and Mané would not be able to perform with the freedom they enjoy with Ronaldo around.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,211 posts | 1214 
      Reply #19519: Aug 27, 2021 06:51:20 pm
      It's not always about who's the better player. I don't think many will argue Bobby or Diogo are better players than Ronaldo. They are however, a better fit to the way we play, the balance of the team. Salah and Mané would not be able to perform with the freedom they enjoy with Ronaldo around.

Being a posing, arrogant tw*t wouldn't exactly sit well with the team ethos either. I hope they fragment, stutter and fail under the weight of his huge ego and the expectations that now inevitably follow. How much more money can a club spend without actually winning a major trophy?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,047 posts | 2097 
      Reply #19520: Aug 27, 2021 07:06:31 pm
      The FSGOut crowd (ie those 'fans' who have never stepped foot in Liverpool let alone been to Anfield) are back in force on twitter again after getting jealous that we aren't doing things like this.

What a sad bunch of FIFA playing knuckle dragging wasters. I hope those types never turn up at Anfield.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #19521: Aug 27, 2021 07:08:21 pm
      Wow...a lot of deluded folks in here if they don't think he improves them. Has he lost a step? Maybe...but considering he could afford to lose a step or two as he was that much faster than everyone else to begin with I'm not sure it makes a big deal. He still has world class ball control, shooting, free kicks, headers, penalties and while it's debatable how much of a "leader" he is...one thing he does is looks after himself and he knows how to win. If you can afford it, it's a great signing. Not sure I'm laughing too much if he shows up over there.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19522: Aug 27, 2021 07:13:58 pm
      Wow...a lot of deluded folks in here if they don't think he improves them. Has he lost a step? Maybe...but considering he could afford to lose a step or two as he was that much faster than everyone else to begin with I'm not sure it makes a big deal. He still has world class ball control, shooting, free kicks, headers, penalties and while it's debatable how much of a "leader" he is...one thing he does is looks after himself and he knows how to win. If you can afford it, it's a great signing. Not sure I'm laughing too much if he shows up over there.

That's a fair essessment and year course he will improve us. More importantly though our bench ( not saying he will be on bench obviously) and since it's becoming more than your first 11 it's a great addition, still prefer Haaland though.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,415 posts | 3408 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #19523: Aug 27, 2021 07:15:13 pm
      Looking forward to the hissy fits over takes the penalties
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #19524: Aug 27, 2021 07:15:51 pm
      Citeh reportedly his first choice before they decided against the idea. True loyalty. I still think they'll threaten to do well without actually winning anything of any note. If they had a very good manager they'd be challenging for the top honours IMO.

Yes the best case scenario is they are kept in a state of close but no cigar and Ole continues for a few more seasons.

Stick a proper manager in there and they would be very dangerous.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,415 posts | 3408 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #19525: Aug 27, 2021 07:16:05 pm

His free kicks have been absolute sh*te for years
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19526: Aug 27, 2021 07:18:46 pm
      Looking forward to the hissy fits over takes the penalties

Doesn't matter as end result still the same  ;D

Quick Reply