Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2337195 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #19780: Oct 17, 2021 02:12:25 pm
      He won the league with that bag of sh*te ( as you call it ) before he retired.

He won the league with mediocre rivalry in place, he got out while the going was good, the projected competition looked ominous.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #19781: Oct 17, 2021 03:18:50 pm
      Shoddy, Scrappy and Scruffy according to Neville  :lmao:

Sounds more like something out of Scooby Doo to me  :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #19782: Oct 17, 2021 03:29:02 pm
      Shoddy, Scrappy and Scruffy according to Neville  :lmao:

Sounds more like something out of Scooby Doo to me  :lmao:

Haha cartoon characters down to a man Cas.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #19783: Oct 17, 2021 04:05:47 pm
      Haha cartoon characters down to a man Cas.

Absolutely Stuey...one big joke they are  ;D ;D ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #19784: Oct 17, 2021 04:07:30 pm
      Baffles me why they sing Ferguson's praise when he left them with the bag of sh*te this crew have to emulate and he was the mentor of Ole.

Thats true, but they have had plenty time and money to put it right.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,532 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #19785: Oct 17, 2021 04:08:18 pm
      He won the league with that bag of sh*te ( as you call it ) before he retired.

Not many managers would have done that tbf.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #19786: Oct 17, 2021 04:31:40 pm
      Thats true, but they have had plenty time and money to put it right.

That’s the thing tho mate, time is money but since Glazer Snr died it’s a whole new set up, his relatives seem reluctant to spend and rumours about the long term tenureship are rife.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19787: Oct 17, 2021 04:32:02 pm
      He won the league with mediocre rivalry in place, he got out while the going was good, the projected competition looked ominous.

Take the blinkers off Stuey.  :lmao: He was at retirement age, doesn't everyone deserve it at his age. He's been a icon of football and put United on the same level as you lot! Trophy wide.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19788: Oct 17, 2021 04:34:03 pm
      Not many managers would have done that tbf.

Nice to see some fans don't wear rose tints Brez  ;)
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,170 posts | 520 
      Reply #19789: Oct 17, 2021 05:07:58 pm
      Well Keith they mustn't sack Ole, he is the gift that just keeps giving.  :lmao:
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #19790: Oct 17, 2021 05:08:11 pm
      Over on the ‘caff’ they are expecting wins against Atalanta and us to keep him in the job till at least January
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19791: Oct 17, 2021 05:15:49 pm
      Well Keith they mustn't sack Ole, he is the gift that just keeps giving.  :lmao:

Only thing he gives me is panic attacks  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19792: Oct 17, 2021 05:17:02 pm
      Over on the ‘caff’ they are expecting wins against Atalanta and us to keep him in the job till at least January

Will if losing the above two games gets him out I'll take it.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #19793: Oct 17, 2021 06:35:16 pm
      Will if losing the above two games gets him out I'll take it.

Vice versa mate. We'll let you win that just to keep Ole in the job.  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #19794: Oct 18, 2021 05:38:36 pm
      "We know what's coming" Gary Neville sends Manchester Utd stark Liverpool message.

Headline on tonight's online Echo.

Do you reckon Gaz Nev is bricking it?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #19795: Oct 19, 2021 01:56:26 pm
      Quote from CT_LFC
      Things could get ugly for United over the next 6 weeks or so. They play Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal in the league and have to travel to Spain and Italy for the CL. Let’s hope Ole survives this.

If they're as good as everyone says they are, they should be able to survive. If they're not as good as that, (and they're not) they can change as many managers as they want, but it hasn't and won't make any difference.

It's unbelievable that they finished where they did last year with the away record they had, and the man in charge is still threatened with the sack after every single loss of points. The reality is every one they've had since 2013, has his record compared to what happened before then. The benchmark to win the league nowadays is 95 points, not 75 as was the case then. So the level of quality has now changed but the level of entitlement hasn't. And it doesn't do them, or him, any favours.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19796: Oct 19, 2021 02:16:36 pm
      Things could get ugly for United over the next 6 weeks or so. They play Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal in the league and have to travel to Spain and Italy for the CL. Let’s hope Ole survives this.

I'm not hopeful CT, think we're in for a tough time. When you consider ( on paper ) are opening six games or so were easier than the next ones starting with you lot! On Sunday going to be very difficult.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #19797: Oct 19, 2021 02:23:46 pm
      I'm not hopeful CT, think we're in for a tough time. When you consider ( on paper ) are opening six games or so were easier than the next ones starting with you lot! On Sunday going to be very difficult.

You made a prediction at the start of the season that it would be us and yous lot fighting it out for 3rd. Given we've made a very stong start and you lot have 1 point out of the last 9, were scraping wins before that and kept just the 1 clean sheet so far. Along with having lost in Europe and out of the Carabao cup too. Do you still have that same opinion?

I know there's still every chance we will finish 3rd...or lower because who knows what will happen but you can either get 3rd whilst battling for 1st or you can try and get 3rd whilst fighting to get top 4. The way things currently stand, it looks as though we would be unlucky to finish 3rd, whilst you would be lucky to finish that high.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19798: Oct 19, 2021 02:39:17 pm
      You made a prediction at the start of the season that it would be us and yous lot fighting it out for 3rd. Given we've made a very stong start and you lot have 1 point out of the last 9, were scraping wins before that and kept just the 1 clean sheet so far. Along with having lost in Europe and out of the Carabao cup too. Do you still have that same opinion?

I know there's still every chance we will finish 3rd...or lower because who knows what will happen but you can either get 3rd whilst battling for 1st or you can try and get 3rd whilst fighting to get top 4. The way things currently stand, it looks as though we would be unlucky to finish 3rd, whilst you would be lucky to finish that high.

I will be doing a review thought the year on that thread KK. Yeah basically I said United & Liverpool fighting it out for 3rf & 4th. One of the reasons I stated that is because I can't see you going through the season without a run of injuries again.

I've also stated you do have a front 11 that can win the league if you don't have a disaster like last year. However, if I was to do a review now ( still to early ) it would change.

I still have Cith favs but now hav you lot!  ;D fighting it out with Chavs for second. United already struggling for top 4. If ole goes I honest think with the players we have who are most definitely under achieving under Ole will get top 4.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #19799: Oct 19, 2021 03:33:05 pm
      One of the reasons I stated that is because I can't see you going through the season without a run of injuries again.

Injuries is just all about luck, to go through a season without many and the gods are on your side. Obviously it's nowhere near the extent of last season but don't forget we have already had our fair share so far; Elliott being the obvious one but Thiago has been out for a month now, Trent has had an injury, Robbo was injured for the first 3-4 games of the season, Milner missed a few games early on, Jota has had a knock, Firmino has recently returned from injury and there was also the injury that has kept Jones out for the last couple of games too.

That's 8 injuries to regular players already.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19800: Oct 19, 2021 04:33:11 pm
      Injuries is just all about luck, to go through a season without many and the gods are on your side. Obviously it's nowhere near the extent of last season but don't forget we have already had our fair share so far; Elliott being the obvious one but Thiago has been out for a month now, Trent has had an injury, Robbo was injured for the first 3-4 games of the season, Milner missed a few games early on, Jota has had a knock, Firmino has recently returned from injury and there was also the injury that has kept Jones out for the last couple of games too.

That's 8 injuries to regular players already.

That's correct, luck!! No one knows. However, you certainly don't need Milner to win the league, I don't have him in your best 11. Great servant to your club and maybe at his best yes, but those days gone. We saw what Foden did to him other week, he's now a bench player for me.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #19801: Oct 19, 2021 05:02:34 pm
      That's correct, luck!! No one knows. However, you certainly don't need Milner to win the league, I don't have him in your best 11. Great servant to your club and maybe at his best yes, but those days gone. We saw what Foden did to him other week, he's now a bench player for me.

Sorry Keith Milner is no bench player
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #19802: Oct 19, 2021 05:16:02 pm

But bench players are what you need to win the league too. You need players that can come in and do a job when needed and one game against Foden doesn’t take away Milner’s reliability, especially when Milner isn’t the first Foden has done that to and certainly won’t be the last either. I’d much prefer to be having Milner fill in when needed than Neco Williams. Last season we ended up having to play the likes of Williams, loaning Kabak etc because our side was so wiped out with injuries so players like Milner are what you need.

You compare the 2 benches in our game vs City and we had the better options on it.

Quick Reply