Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2339420 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #10373: Aug 30, 2014 11:05:33 pm
      Karma is at work again, how many times the FA gave them an easy earlier fixture and games on Saturday and they f**k up big time. They should be on 9 points by now not 2. Tell ya FA, by being bias, see what have you done to them? If they can't beat Swansea, Burnley and Sunderland. no disrespect to the 3 clubs - on paper MU is the better team,  then I'm sure the FA knows what will happen to MU when they come up against the potential top 5 or even 6 later. The FA may be the very architect of MU's relegation.

FA, well done, well done. Just can't ignore that Karma may really be at work.

This comes straight from Redcafe  .... "fixture list have been helpful, would have been zero points otherwise."
      « Last Edit: Aug 31, 2014 12:00:19 am by redkop63 »
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #10374: Aug 31, 2014 07:21:45 am
      This has got to be the happiest thread on the board.

Incredibly, 200 million has been spent, a "world class" manager brought in and the team look even worse than under Moyes. Burnley had to face the mighty juggernaut of a midfield that is Valencia, Anderson, Fletcher and Young.

This seriously could be the beginning of a long era of failure for them. No Champion's League qualification this season will spell big trouble for them.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #10375: Aug 31, 2014 07:51:29 am

This seriously could be the beginning of a long era of failure for them. No Champion's League qualification this season will spell big trouble for them.

Plus many of their players on super wage scale.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #10376: Aug 31, 2014 08:34:51 am
      The Sunday Times report the deal to sign 26 year old Angel Di Maria could cost them more than £130m in total, making it one of the five most expensive transfers in football.

more:
      http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1453173.ece

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #10377: Aug 31, 2014 09:18:16 am
      I very much hope the board panics as they did with Moyes. Next step is Giggs taking the helm and restoring them to a 1442 with tricky wingers :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10378: Aug 31, 2014 09:40:22 am
      I very much hope the board panics as they did with Moyes. Next step is Giggs taking the helm and restoring them to a 1442 with tricky wingers :)

With the heavy propaganda you see at the club I wouldn't be shocked if Giggs stepped in next.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #10379: Aug 31, 2014 10:34:23 am
      Rodriguez is better than Di Maria in all respects IMO, that should cover it. Maybe it's the reason they bought him and offloaded Di Maria for a vastly inflated price to a desperate team.

Absolute bollocks. No reasoning for your argument, so to me it's not valid whatsoever.

Madrid tried to tie him to a new deal multiple times but Di Maria wanted to leave. Madrid fans are raging about this transfer.
      Danny2304
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 663 posts |
      • Stairway to heaven
      Reply #10380: Aug 31, 2014 10:56:24 am
      Sunday league midfield and defence at best haha

Still can't believe people put these favourites to win the prem hahah
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10381: Aug 31, 2014 11:07:04 am
      Absolute bollocks. No reasoning for your argument, so to me it's not valid whatsoever.

Madrid tried to tie him to a new deal multiple times but Di Maria wanted to leave. Madrid fans are raging about this transfer.

Again, why on earth would Di Maria want to leave Real Madrid to go to Man Utd??????
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10382: Aug 31, 2014 11:08:12 am
      Sunday league midfield and defence at best haha

Still can't believe people put these favourites to win the prem hahah

Well they've finally got slightly longer odds than us, on bet365 anyway.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #10383: Aug 31, 2014 11:28:05 am
      Again, why on earth would Di Maria want to leave Real Madrid to go to Man Utd??????

Several reasons: Van Gaal; got sold on the "project"; the fact they're still (and probably always will be) a massive club; Mata, RvP and Rooney; large Spanish-speaking contingent.

These are all just guesses, but educated ones. I don't know why Di Maria wouldn't stay at Madrid, but sometimes players fall out of love with a club. It happens.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #10384: Aug 31, 2014 12:47:36 pm
      @piesportsbooze: BREAKING: Aston Villa agree an £8M fee with Manchester United for Tom Cleverley.

Apparently Manchester United will pay it in installments.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #10385: Aug 31, 2014 02:00:43 pm
      @piesportsbooze: BREAKING: Aston Villa agree an £8M fee with Manchester United for Tom Cleverley.

Apparently Manchester United will pay it in installments.

I can see Cleverley and Delph forming a decent partnership.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #10386: Aug 31, 2014 03:38:20 pm

I know this is off topic Hollywood but you must be the only person to always put the keeper in a formation.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #10387: Aug 31, 2014 05:29:38 pm
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29006030

Kagawa's nightmare is over - 12m move back to Dortmund. He can finally realise his dream of playing for a top club under a top manager again.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #10388: Aug 31, 2014 05:33:20 pm
      I can see Cleverley and Delph forming a decent partnership.

Agreed. I don't think Cleverley is as bad as he looked with the scum he struggled badly playing in a non existent midfield and generally rubbish side.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #10389: Aug 31, 2014 05:43:24 pm
      @GuillemBalague: Real Madrid and Manchester United have agreed a loan deal for Chicharito. Only wages to be agreed.

Clearly this guy is capable of bullshitting but if United agree to loan him I'd laugh my ass off. Not a great player but RVP and Rooney are playing sh*t in comparison and they'll regret that if they carry on their decline.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #10390: Aug 31, 2014 05:45:37 pm
      Looks like Man Utd are finally working on that bursting wage budget.

How do they justify their current existence if it continues like it does on the field?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #10391: Aug 31, 2014 06:35:07 pm
      Manchester United are making some kind of mistakes wher ethey think buying world cup superstars on high wages are going to make them an instant success. Most of these are players have no premier league experience and are not gelled with the current United team. Over time they will start to gell and improve in the premier league, but by that time they would have lost their Addidas sponsorship and ability to attract top players. People will probably make a name for themselves and leave unless they are on super high wages. When we were in Uniteds predictument we downsized our wage bill since we were not bringing in Champions League revenue. Suarez was not on really high wages when we got him from Ajax and Sterling just came throug acadamy, Sturridge being a bargain! I very much doubt Manchester Uniteds attack right now are anywhere near what we had for much less wages. Rooney 300k was more than the amount of our entire forwards were earning combined, then they signed 60m on Di Maria who is good but not worth that much! He's not even garenteed to perform in the PL and on high wages. Kagawa and Valencia leaving is not an improvement. Alex Fergison did well with these players and suddenly they aren't good enough under Moyes or Haal? I'm not sure they increased the quality, just the wage bill. If I was in charge of United I would cut Rooney offthe wage bill and get rid of Welbeck too. I would go sign Remy, would have got Eto too. Would have kept Kagawa and got in some defensive re-inforcements. Man U will be broke and their team no better.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #10392: Aug 31, 2014 08:23:26 pm
      Agreed. I don't think Cleverley is as bad as he looked with the scum he struggled badly playing in a non existent midfield and generally rubbish side.

I think he is midtable, be decent for Villa. For a team that had Scholes, he's a hell of a step down.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #10393: Aug 31, 2014 08:32:58 pm
      I think he is midtable, be decent for Villa. For a team that had Scholes, he's a hell of a step down.

He looked a good prospect in his first season but since whiskey nose retired he seems to have lost all confidence in his ability. Think he'll do well at Villa where the expectations on him aren't as high.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #10394: Aug 31, 2014 08:47:02 pm
      Happy days are here again............
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #10395: Aug 31, 2014 08:58:23 pm
      He looked a good prospect in his first season but since whiskey nose retired he seems to have lost all confidence in his ability. Think he'll do well at Villa where the expectations on him aren't as high.

I agree with that. He looked a prospect but never improved. Wilshere is in danger of doing the same.

Quick Reply