Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2387790 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #12259: May 21, 2016 11:20:58 pm
      So Maureen will bring fast flowing attacking football using youth and experience as is it is their DNA.....not any more it aint.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #12260: May 21, 2016 11:24:32 pm
      Two extremes of evil combine to form the ultimate pure evil.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #12261: May 22, 2016 12:01:24 am
      I think a lot of money is going to be spent next year. Guardiola, Mourinho at lest will ensure maximum dollars are spent. Conte will need to match them. It is going to be tough over the next 3 years.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #12262: May 22, 2016 12:16:21 am
      Quote from paulow63
      Can't disagree, fair play to them.

Sorry, wrong thread.

Quote from reddebs
      they're going to be even more unbearable if they bring in loads of stars.

Morata, Varane, Ibra, Stones and Pogba is who they're expecting to arrive this summer.

That may be so, but say three words in whatever language the above and other targets understand, specifically...

"No European Cup"

...means most will come to their senses sooner than expected.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #12263: May 22, 2016 12:42:16 am
      I hate seeing them happy. I think Mourinho is a very good appointment for them though. It's the biggest pr**k in football going to manage those wankers.

That may be so, but say three words in whatever language the above and other targets understand, specifically...

"No European Cup"

...means most will come to their senses sooner than expected.

Meh. They've got a tonne of money to throw at the players and they've got one of the best managers in the world now. Just as we got excited about Klopp being able to attract bigger names, they'll now have that attraction too coupled with the fact that they spend stupid money because they're commercially so far ahead of everyone in England.

They won't get Varane (he'll have more attractive offers if he does decide to leave, which I don't think he will), but Morata, Ibra, and Stones they should have no trouble attracting with massive amounts of money.

The most annoying thing about Mourinho signing for them, is that they'll have a significantly better chance at keeping De Gea now.

I think they'll be challenging again, but luckily, I think with Klopp we'll be more than a match for them. Klopp also has a very good record against Mourinho sides.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #12264: May 22, 2016 12:45:01 am
      I think a lot of money is going to be spent next year. Guardiola, Mourinho at lest will ensure maximum dollars are spent. Conte will need to match them. It is going to be tough over the next 3 years.

Yeah, definitely. I think even us and Arsenal are going to start to spend more, and the likes of West Ham and Everton will too. Guardiola will want to rebuild most of his squad and Mourinho will want three or four nailed on first teamers too.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #12265: May 22, 2016 01:00:24 am
      Mark my words, Maureen will have them playing the most boring football they have ever seen. LVG has nothing on this "bus" lad.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #12266: May 22, 2016 01:09:40 am
      About three years too late with this appointment. Seems Man Utd are quite content to go for what they see as a short term boost with little long term gain as Mourinho's history shows with his scant regard for youth and progressive attractive football. He'll go insane by way of Guardiola and Klopp and will probably leave OT by a straight jacket in a couple of years time!
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #12267: May 22, 2016 01:52:13 am
      About three years too late with this appointment. Seems Man Utd are quite content to go for what they see as a short term boost with little long term gain as Mourinho's history shows with his scant regard for youth and progressive attractive football. He'll go insane by way of Guardiola and Klopp and will probably leave OT by a straight jacket in a couple of years time!

To be honest, if Klopp wins us the league in his time here, then I won't care about what state he leaves the club in when he goes. They'll undoubtedly be the same. He's a massive c**t, but he's a winner. Hopefully he fucks off Rashford - I echo Rob Gutmann's view from the Anfield Wrap: the prospect of him and Martial playing together isn't good, especially if they manage to keep De Gea.

Anyway, I'm done praising the cu*ts, hopefully Mourinho continues the downward curve that his career seems to be on since leaving Madrid.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #12268: May 22, 2016 03:40:11 am
      It is a good match up with Moron-io going there.   Tosser joins a bunch of wankers,  a perfect match!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #12269: May 22, 2016 07:17:25 am
      Quote from BarneyLFC
      They've got a tonne of money to throw at the players and they've got one of the best managers in the world now. Just as we got excited about Klopp being able to attract bigger names, they'll now have that attraction too coupled with the fact that they spend stupid money because they're commercially so far ahead of everyone in England.

They won't get Varane (he'll have more attractive offers if he does decide to leave, which I don't think he will), but Morata, Ibra, and Stones they should have no trouble attracting with massive amounts of money.

The most annoying thing about Mourinho signing for them, is that they'll have a significantly better chance at keeping De Gea now.

I think they'll be challenging again, but luckily, I think with Klopp we'll be more than a match for them. Klopp also has a very good record against Mourinho sides.

They've been throwing around money for the last two years, 75m for Argentine wingers, 50m on French youngsters. It's got them nowhere, so why would it now?

I don't think they understand the reality of not being in the European Cup yet. When it dawns on them, if it ever does, they'll see there's no quick fix in this league, it's not Ligue 1 you know.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #12270: May 22, 2016 07:43:50 am
      They've been throwing around money for the last two years, 75m for Argentine wingers, 50m on French youngsters. It's got them nowhere, so why would it now?

I don't think they understand the reality of not being in the European Cup yet. When it dawns on them, if it ever does, they'll see there's no quick fix in this league, it's not Ligue 1 you know.

Because Mourinho is quite clearly a better manager than either Moyes or Van Gaal. Mourinho is in the same echelon as Guardiola, Simeone, Klopp, and Ancelotti. He's in that group of five who I'd say are probably the five best managers in the world currently (in no particular order). Mourinho will spend the money better than Van Gaal and he'll get more out of the players.

Martial is also quite clearly going to be brilliant for them, as much as it pains me to say it. He looks class.

I'd argue at this point in time Champions League football is overrated. The current big three clubs (Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern) aside, I'd say money is the main deciding factor and that's something that they can offer. No one other than Arsenal offer guaranteed CL football at the moment in England and even then going there essentially means you won't win either of the two biggest competitions.

With Mourinho United will have the pull of the big name manager, the name of the club, and the ability to offer very good wages. If they go head to head with one of the current biggest three clubs they'll end up failing more often than not, but as long as they aren't stupid and set realistic targets they won't have any problems attracting players. The league at the moment is utter sh*te. That might change with Guardiola coming in, Conte reinvigorating Chelsea, and Klopp having a summer, but in its current state it is horrendous. It wouldn't take much for a manager to come in and make three or four spot on signings and if any of the top clubs do that this summer, I think they'll probably end up with the title.

I'd like to be wrong, but I think he'll end up doing very well with them at least for a short period. Without yet seeing what happens next season and what happens over the next couple of summers, I think he'll probably do what he normally does and win the league in his second season.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #12271: May 22, 2016 10:42:34 am
      Seem to remember him making very crude remarks about the Europa league ( could have been because Rafa had just won it with Chelsea).
      It is an appointment that is either a match made in heaven or a disaster waiting to happen.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #12272: May 22, 2016 04:56:01 pm
      Match made in heaven really! One horrible c**t for one horrible c**t of a club.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #12273: May 22, 2016 04:59:12 pm
      Looks like the storm troopers have their darth vadar. Thought it would be hard to dislike them any more, and yet...
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #12274: May 22, 2016 05:26:37 pm
      So how long are we giving Mourinho before he bombs out of United too? 3 years?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #12275: May 22, 2016 06:17:50 pm

Maybe two and a bit, similar to his last stint.  He's got a hell of a lot of work to do with them in a very short space of time and they're expecting a turnaround immediately.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #12276: May 22, 2016 07:44:42 pm

He's never lasted more than 3 years at a club I believe.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12277: May 22, 2016 10:00:49 pm
      United doing things with class as ever.

Tacky  really F***ing tacky this afternoon and with no respect for LVG.
      He asked in the Presser ....why has no one had said "Congratulations" and as he left the piranha media just laughed.

No denials coming out from Utd.
      Maureen's agent Mendes has been pushing the media

So ..

How come  have  Utd hired someone who was sacked earlier in the season because his team were in the relegation zone ?

Someone who a few months earlier got the Premiership title .
      Who suddenly went from Hero to Zero ?

Bit of plotting and scheming here methinks. 
      Got sacked by Abramovich.
      No compensation for Utd to pay the Chavs?

Is Rodwell true?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #12278: May 22, 2016 10:06:44 pm
      In defence of LVG he has played the youth & bought them in at a critical time...

I can't see cheque book Jose doing likewise...

Suit each other anyways..
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,789 posts | 7188 
      Reply #12279: May 22, 2016 10:17:11 pm
      ~In defence of UTD they are so up themselves they are so far removed from the fact  they are fu**ed
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #12280: May 22, 2016 10:55:38 pm
      Tacky  really F***ing tacky this afternoon and with no respect for LVG.
      He asked in the Presser ....why has no one had said "Congratulations" and as he left the piranha media just laughed.

that Walrus looking chief reporter from sky said similar on ssn, although he added he said "congratulations on winning the cup louis, to which Van Gaal replied that he was the first person from the media to say that to him about winning the cup.

No denials coming out from Utd.
      Maureen's agent Mendes has been pushing the media

So ..

How come  have  Utd hired someone who was sacked earlier in the season because his team were in the relegation zone ?

Typical myopic mancs!

All the diehards saying they didn't want him, plus the club distancing itself from him before he went back to Chelsea - now he'll be their manager.

I wonder what happened to all those green and yellow scarves they were wearing until the glazers were gone :laugh:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12281: May 23, 2016 08:24:50 am

Some members of Van Gaal's Old Trafford staff are believed to be unhappy at the lack of communication from the club's hierarchy.

United's executive vice-chairman, Ed Woodward, and Joel and Avie Glazer, part of the American family who own the Premier League club, were at Wembley on Saturday,

But they are not thought to have spoken to Van Gaal at a function following the 2-1 win over Crystal Palace.

As the reports about Van Gaal's impending departure spread, the function is said to have become a sombre affair.

Neither Van Gaal nor Woodward addressed staff collectively in the wake of the club's first triumph since Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement in 2013.

In the past, Ferguson or former chief executive David Gill would have expressed their gratitude for the hard work involved in winning a major prize.

BBC
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36353943

Sh*te and cowardly way to treat someone who has won a trophy whoever they are.

Quick Reply