Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2340563 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #12834: Aug 19, 2016 11:49:00 pm
      You can't alway be right KK  ;D  Was very surprised how he dominated the middle considering the team is yet to gel. Think we have a few of you fans worried though  :D

I'm not worried, more irritated. As of yet he hasn't had anyone go in hard on him, get him playing against someone like Flanno who goes full force into a challenge and he will soon feel it.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #12835: Aug 19, 2016 11:53:41 pm
      You can't alway be right KK  ;D  Was very surprised how he dominated the middle considering the team is yet to gel. Think we have a few of you fans worried though  :D

I am shitting myself, he bossed the midfield against a Southampton side that has lost all its best players (ok mainly to us but whatever!), yeah, shitting myself.....
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #12836: Aug 20, 2016 12:01:42 am
      No doubt Man Utd have improved but so far they have played 2 fairly poor sides in my opinion. Oh and no way in hell is Pogba worth the money paid, he's a good midfielder but not that special.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12837: Aug 20, 2016 12:07:40 am
      They had enough chances to do you tonight , they just didn't take them don't think we will be so obliging , not worried in the slightest .

Think we will be solid at the back given time. Can't ask for more having 100% record.  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #12838: Aug 20, 2016 12:09:10 am
      Think we will be solid at the back given time. Can't ask for more having 100% record.  ;D

You need to keep Smalling out the team then. I'd be looking to keep Baily away from that starting 11 too.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12839: Aug 20, 2016 12:11:15 am
      I'm not worried, more irritated. As of yet he hasn't had anyone go in hard on him, get him playing against someone like Flanno who goes full force into a challenge and he will soon feel it.
      Bailly will sort Flanno out  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #12840: Aug 20, 2016 12:13:23 am

Yeah right lad, you've had one too many bevvies. Baily will be on arse having gone down like a sack of sh*t because he got tackled whilst trying to do too much.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1633 
      Reply #12841: Aug 20, 2016 12:23:44 am
      You need to keep Smalling out the team then. I'd be looking to keep Baily away from that starting 11 too.

Can see Baily getting red this season dives in quite a bit.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12842: Aug 20, 2016 12:37:08 am
      Yeah right lad, you've had one too many bevvies. Baily will be on arse having gone down like a sack of sh*t because he got tackled whilst trying to do too much.

I've had two diet cokes if that counts KK  ;D  hopefully exciting times when we meet in October when both teams should be firing on all cylinders  :)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12843: Aug 20, 2016 12:38:11 am
      Can see Baily getting red this season dives in quite a bit.

100% agreed as he's very physical and like a tank when he moves in.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #12844: Aug 20, 2016 12:45:43 am
      Not really been tested yet, wheels will come off pretty soon.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12845: Aug 20, 2016 12:49:40 am
      Not really been tested yet, wheels will come off pretty soon.

No team been tested yet.  However, like greyhound racing you can only beat what's been put in front of you.  Positive signs is all it is.  :)
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #12846: Aug 20, 2016 04:07:37 am
      Quote from frizzby5
      Cost us the title against the Gunners if I remember rightly :'(

This year is the first significant amount of Friday night top flight games since 1984/85, and will be the case for at least the next three seasons.

The Arsenal home game in 89 was rearranged for a Friday night. I don't think I need to explain why it had to be rearranged.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #12847: Aug 20, 2016 09:52:03 am
      No team been tested yet.  However, like greyhound racing you can only beat what's been put in front of you.  Positive signs is all it is.  :)

I disagree, Arsenal were tested and failed, Liverpool were tested and passed :-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #12848: Aug 20, 2016 09:52:45 am
      This year is the first significant amount of Friday night top flight games since 1984/85, and will be the case for at least the next three seasons.

The Arsenal home game in 89 was rearranged for a Friday night. I don't think I need to explain why it had to be rearranged.

I quite like these Friday games, I don't see what the issue is with them?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12849: Aug 20, 2016 09:59:54 am
      I disagree, Arsenal were tested and failed, Liverpool were tested and passed :-)

Tested after one game?? I disagree that you disagree with me  ;D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #12850: Aug 20, 2016 10:04:18 am

In greyhound racing the dogs never catch the hare,the hare gets in front and stays there.You can phrase Liverpool for the hare Keith.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #12851: Aug 20, 2016 10:06:11 am
      I quite like these Friday games, I don't see what the issue is with them?

Oversaturation is the issue for me. Spent two months ignoring it this summer because I had enough. Should certainly be a distance restriction as well. No way should it involve fans doing a (optimistic) four hour each way, 450+ mile return trip on a Friday.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,519 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #12852: Aug 20, 2016 10:10:19 am
      I think Utd will do well this season, they won't win it, but they'll be in the top four.

They've got a proven goalscorer and world class player in Ibra, they've got Pogba who, whilst not the best midfielder in the world right now, has the genuine potential to be so, and is probably in the top three best midfielders in the Prem. They have one of the best keepers in the world, and Mkhitaryan is also a very good player, so they have depth. Not to mention Mourhino, who, when he can keep it together, has a habit of winning titles. We have to face facts that, even though it'll probably be short term, Mourhino + Man Utd + Money = Trouble.

That said, they won't have it all their own way. I think the days of Fergie type dominance have gone. Their defence isn't the best, Ibra is 35 not 25 (I'm seeing parallels with Fergie's purchase of Van Persie) and Pep, Conte, Klopp, Wenger, and Pochettino will be wanting their own large slice of the Premier league pie. Not to mention you now have teams like Stoke, Palace, and even WBA spending money and strengthening. It's going to be tougher this time around for all teams, and that includes Utd. Also, as someone pointed out, this is not 2004 anymore. The dynamics have changed.

Too early to say how we will do. Ibra, Pogba and Mkhitaryan are proven, but our new signings are a bit of an unknown quantity. If we can get a left back and an experienced 'winner' with a winner's mentality, someone who has been there and done it (like Ibra), someone who will rub off on the others, I think we'll surprise a lot of people this season. If we play like we did first half against Arsenal, we'll struggle, but if we can play like we did in the second half, we could very well win it. It's the most exciting league set up I can remember. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #12853: Aug 20, 2016 10:10:40 am
      Oversaturation is the issue for me. Spent two months ignoring it this summer because I had enough. Should certainly be a distance restriction as well. No way should it involve fans doing a (optimistic) four hour each way, 450+ mile return trip on a Friday.

Why is it better to make that roundtrip on a Monday? I see your point about oversaturation but no one is forcing you or anyone else to watch the game on Friday, its just a nice option to have. Most times I wouldn't bother to watch Man Utd play but I was quite interested to see how they would play against Southampton yesterday, and was interested to see what all the fuss was about Pogba, I was expecting the next Messi but just saw a talented good midfielder.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #12854: Aug 20, 2016 10:19:31 am
      Why is it better to make that roundtrip on a Monday? I see your point about oversaturation but no one is forcing you or anyone else to watch the game on Friday, its just a nice option to have. Most times I wouldn't bother to watch Man Utd play but I was quite interested to see how they would play against Southampton yesterday, and was interested to see what all the fuss was about Pogba, I was expecting the next Messi but just saw a talented good midfielder.

I have issues with any midweek game when it comes to distance. Some can't be avoided, this could have been. As you say, no one is forcing me, but I reached saturation point and I'm far from the only one I know who has/did.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #12855: Aug 20, 2016 11:24:32 am
      In greyhound racing the dogs never catch the hare,the hare gets in front and stays there.You can phrase Liverpool for the hare Keith.

:lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #12856: Aug 20, 2016 11:54:09 am
      Quote from Rush
      I think Utd will do well this season, they won't win it, but they'll be in the top four.

They've got a proven goalscorer and world class player in Ibra, they've got Pogba who, whilst not the best midfielder in the world right now, has the genuine potential to be so, and is probably in the top three best midfielders in the Prem. They have one of the best keepers in the world, and Mkhitaryan is also a very good player, so they have depth. Not to mention Mourhino, who, when he can keep it together, has a habit of winning titles. We have to face facts that, even though it'll probably be short term, Mourhino + Man Utd + Money = Trouble.

That said, they won't have it all their own way.

Phew. For a moment there, I thought you had missed the point of the thread, i.e. laugh.

They have had a very cushy start, so there's not been many opportunities to laugh yet. But they will come, starting hopefully when City go there in a few weeks time. If not, then we can dish out a dose of hilarity a few weeks later. No need to panic yet.

Quick Reply