Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2340098 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,021 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #14191: Apr 10, 2017 04:54:45 pm
      Still think you guys should have given him more time, he was wellnon his way to dragging you to his level...but at least it looks like Maureen is righting that wrong :D

I can't agree mate. Fergie  got this one wrong  when recommending him. Fergie should of listened too me on this one  :lmao: Mourhino was always my No1  as you'll know if reading some of my post. Moyes can't read a game like Jose. Then again I'm not sure anyone can read a game better than Jose at present. Mind you, Pochettino doing absolutely nothing wrong at Spurs. He's gone right up my estimation and if Jose did his usual.. (( which I don't think he will )).. and fu**ed off after a couple of years he would now be my first choice.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14192: Apr 10, 2017 05:02:24 pm
      I can't agree mate. Fergie  got this one wrong  when recommending him. Fergie should of listened too me on this one  :lmao: Mourhino was always my No1  as you'll know if reading some of my post. Moyes can't read a game like Jose. Then again I'm not sure anyone can read a game better than Jose at present. Mind you, Pochettino doing absolutely nothing wrong at Spurs. He's gone right up my estimation and if Jose did his usual.. (( which I don't think he will )).. and fu**ed off after a couple of years he would now be my first choice.

I'm not sure anyone is disputing that Maureen is better than the Chosen one, but from my view Maureen is not the manager he once was, he's lost that magic touch, possibly because there are so many great managers in the prem now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,021 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14193: Apr 10, 2017 05:06:40 pm
      Shows everyone how far you've fallen, when 5th and 6th is considered "doing well".

Granted we have fallen by the way side. However, how many clubs can you tell me that haven't done the same thing sometime in their history?? Can you name one??  United still in transition as I would like to think most United fans are aware of. Sadly like any club we all have fans that know F**k all about our great game and still wear rose tinted glasses.  :lmao:

From my prospective (( as a fan )) were not doing well, we're just surviving presently and picked up a few minor Cups. We have improved though and once Jose gets more players that suit his style of play we will be a force again.

Out of the 20 premiership clubs I'm pretty sure 15 of them would be more than happy what we have achieved in the last 4 years.  ;) Maybe even Liverpool  ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #14194: Apr 10, 2017 05:08:49 pm

Really Keith? Are you sayin that given the right circumstances you'd have said no to Klopp, Conte, Guardiola, Simeone in favour of yesterday's man?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,021 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14195: Apr 10, 2017 05:11:44 pm
      I'm not sure anyone is disputing that Maureen is better than the Chosen one, but from my view Maureen is not the manager he once was, he's lost that magic touch, possibly because there are so many great managers in the prem now.

I'm with you to a extent. Yes there does appear to be more decent managers about (( if you can get them )) these days. Mourinho still got it that's one thing I'm pretty sure on. Losing the dressing room at the Chavs however did him no favours what so ever.

Time will tell though. Next year going to be massive for Jose.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #14196: Apr 10, 2017 07:02:37 pm

From my prospective (( as a fan )) were not doing well, we're just surviving presently and picked up a few minor Cups. We have improved though and once Jose gets more players that suit his style of play we will be a force again.

So that will be a few more Fellaini's then, the absolute prototype Maureen player if ever there was one :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,021 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14197: Apr 10, 2017 08:19:54 pm
      So that will be a few more Fellaini's then, the absolute prototype Maureen player if ever there was one :D

Fellaini not one of his buys as you'll probably know mate. All though he likes him not sure he would of been on his list.  ;D
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #14198: Apr 10, 2017 08:52:07 pm
      Fellaini not one of his buys as you'll probably know mate. All though he likes him not sure he would of been on his list.  ;D

Made him your captain the other night didn't he! He's a huge fan of elbows!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,021 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14199: Apr 10, 2017 09:48:41 pm
      Made him your captain the other night didn't he! He's a huge fan of elbows!

I know  :-\ Wasn't a important game though  ;D Fellaini worse player in the team and yes a dirty elbow player as well.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #14200: Apr 11, 2017 07:51:59 am
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      Granted we have fallen by the way side. However, how many clubs can you tell me that haven't done the same thing sometime in their history?? Can you name one??  United still in transition as I would like to think most United fans are aware of. Sadly like any club we all have fans that know F**k all about our great game and still wear rose tinted glasses.  :lmao:

Out of the 20 premiership clubs I'm pretty sure 15 of them would be more than happy what we have achieved in the last 4 years.  ;)

I'm sure they would, but most are working under different expectations, where anywhere above 18th in the table is a successful season.

As for your improvement, you have spent 150m quid, sacked a coach and lost the cup, to go all the way from 5th then to 5th now. That's not improvement, that is mediocrity at most. And when you're used to winning major trophies and competing for honours, 5 years is a very long "transition" period.

There are many clubs who regard finishing 2nd as a poor season, and below it as a disaster. I wonder if Real Madrid or Bayern Munich or Celtic regard finishing 5th in the league as anything short of catastrophic. There certainly would be radical consequences.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,021 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14201: Apr 11, 2017 09:38:30 am
      I'm sure they would, but most are working under different expectations, where anywhere above 18th in the table is a successful season.

As for your improvement, you have spent 150m quid, sacked a coach and lost the cup, to go all the way from 5th then to 5th now. That's not improvement, that is mediocrity at most. And when you're used to winning major trophies and competing for honours, 5 years is a very long "transition" period.

There are many clubs who regard finishing 2nd as a poor season, and below it as a disaster. I wonder if Real Madrid or Bayern Munich or Celtic regard finishing 5th in the league as anything short of catastrophic. There certainly would be radical consequences.
      As a fan it's never really bothered me what we spend, be it 150 million or 500 million. I'm just glad we're in a position at least to try and buy the best even though it doesn't always work out. United will never go into liquidation or at least not in my time so doesn't really have relevance.

Yes 5 years is a long time but still won the Premiership and a couple of cups in those 5 years. Granted not really enough for a club like United. However, same can be said about you lads (( if not more)) as in the last ten years it's not even mediocrity the cups you've won t's terrible for a big club like Liverpool. It's only in the last 6/7 months I can see possible signs of you coming back with the right signings in summer.

Agreed re Real Madrid & Bayern but not Celtic. They wouldn't finish in top six of the premier league  ;D

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #14202: Apr 11, 2017 10:54:36 am
      It doesn't appear that the offspring of Mr Glazer are prepared to throw as much dosh at the club as their father.
       Glazer passing away three or four years ago coinciding with the demise of the club and points to a shifting in priorities, his siblings seem content to have them bobbing about the top half of the table; still involved passably in the top tier with a very favourable pay back.

LFC's owners are a fair comparison and while they parted with good bit of wedge to get Klopp, the man's skills to some extent, negate the need to splash outrageous amounts of dosh for the likes of flop Pogba - Jürgen has been promised the money to sign what he considers game changers next season. Top four is a good bet this season giving cause to trust the manager's judgement.

The mancs appointed Mourinho to get them out the sh*t.   
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #14203: Apr 11, 2017 10:21:38 pm
      Mourinho still got it that's one thing I'm pretty sure on.
      Still got what? a rotten personality? Seriously? didn't you see what he said about people jealous because they are poor and pogba is rich, went on to rant about envy or some bollocks. didn't you see the rants at his medical staff, bench, refs, tv reporters? who was it who taunted the Liverpool crowd during the Chelsea game in the season Chelsea could not win the league, but was just happy to mess up Liverpool? Mourinho did okay at Porto and Chelsea, but I can't say Mourinho can take credit for his Chelsea success.. that was all down to money. He went back to Chelsea and did pretty awful and got fired again? how many times has he been fired? You are probably under some disillusionment that United will be in the CL next season. Just because Arsenal slipped up wont get United in CL any easier. United are in a false league position since they have not had their fair share of games against tough teams. This month United will play Chelsea and City, next month Arsenal and Spurs. Some teams don't even have any fixtures against so called top 6 left.  United and Mourinho are made for eachother. A team in a false league position with a manager who has a false reputation. At the end of the season I expect United to be battling it out for 7th with Everton... so please don't say Mourinho still has it.
      I can't rule out United winning EL. If they win EL then maybe they can turn it around next season. I think if United don't win the EL then they are very messed up, a lot of players of high wages with a loss of sponsorship money will eventually take its toll on United. EL is make of break for United, no pressure right?
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2017 10:26:56 pm by Ribapuru »
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #14204: Apr 12, 2017 12:57:20 pm
      United will never go into liquidation or at least not in my time so doesn't really have relevance.

Yes 5 years is a long time but still won the Premiership and a couple of cups in those 5 years. Granted not really enough for a club like United. However, same can be said about you lads (( if not more)) as in the last ten years it's not even mediocrity the cups you've won t's terrible for a big club like Liverpool.

It may well be, but that's a discussion for  other threads. This thread is for us to rant and/or laugh as applicable, about events at your club.

Next year will be the 5th year since your last league title. The EFL Trophy is a minor cup. The FA Cup is the biggest cup in English football, and winning it should not mean the sack.

Of course you'll say it was because of league performance, I don't really care tbh. But if it was that, then you're in the same place now that you were then, one year down the line, with shocking displays and a brutal home record. That is not improvement to most people.

Most clubs fans should be concerned at how much money they're spending. Ours certainly are, whether they're the next Torres or the next Torben Piechnik. And if you're breaking transfer records, you should be buying proven quality, not average defenders whose true worth is a mere fraction of what you've spent.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14205: Apr 12, 2017 02:52:53 pm
      I know  :-\ Wasn't a important game though  ;D Fellaini worse player in the team and yes a dirty elbow player as well.

I bet you Elbows is still there next season AND still getting plenty of games, at least as a supersub, of sorts.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,021 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14206: Apr 12, 2017 03:07:40 pm
      I bet you Elbows is still there next season AND still getting plenty of games, at least as a supersub, of sorts.

I can only hope you're wrong.  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,021 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14207: Apr 12, 2017 03:21:47 pm
      It may well be, but that's a discussion for  other threads. This thread is for us to rant and/or laugh as applicable, about events at your club.

Next year will be the 5th year since your last league title. The EFL Trophy is a minor cup. The FA Cup is the biggest cup in English football, and winning it should not mean the sack.

Of course you'll say it was because of league performance, I don't really care tbh. But if it was that, then you're in the same place now that you were then, one year down the line, with shocking displays and a brutal home record. That is not improvement to most people.

Most clubs fans should be concerned at how much money they're spending. Ours certainly are, whether they're the next Torres or the next Torben Piechnik. And if you're breaking transfer records, you should be buying proven quality, not average defenders whose true worth is a mere fraction of what you've spent.

Yeah but you know how easy it is to diverse mate it wasn't intentional. However, that doesn't stop us debating as if everyone agreed it would get boring  ;D

Presently it's only four, could be worse but I don't think I should go there  ;D You know I'm not a wum even though thinking it   ;D

Home record is terrible I know with some freak displays of goalkeeping from our opponents  :(

Like I've said before not concerned about how much we spend really. We can't have it both ways now can we?? Would you prefer (( as a fan )) not to have that money available to try and buy a bit of success?? I doubt it as that's what we're all looking for.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #14208: Apr 12, 2017 10:46:40 pm
      Yeah but you know how easy it is to diverse mate it wasn't intentional. However, that doesn't stop us debating as if everyone agreed it would get boring  ;D

Home record is terrible I know with some freak displays of goalkeeping from our opponents  :(

Lets look at your goalkeeper before judging others.  You take De Gea out of your team and in the last 3 season you would be finishing in the bottom half of the league at best. 

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,021 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14209: Apr 12, 2017 10:48:55 pm
      Lets look at your goalkeeper before judging others.  You take De Gea out of your team and in the last 3 season you would be finishing in the bottom half of the league at best. 

Take Mane out of your side and wouldn't be much different. Think you've won one game without him and that was recently against Stoke.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14210: Apr 13, 2017 01:34:46 am

Take Migs out of ours (last match v Stoke excepted)  and how many points with a top goalie we would have retained?

Ibra has done with his goals what RVP was bought for by whisky nose.

Where would the Scum be without Ibra's singular contribution ?

Antoine Griezmann the striker of the moment has been talking this week about a team having more than one "20 goal a season" striker and its true.
      We need goals from all over the park but at the business end we need proven strikers who matter  and can do it.

We are puffing and panting trying to get 4th or better 3rd. Living game by game.
      Its shouldn't have been this risky.
      Injury room like a war zone .
      Scratching along playing Couts who was ill and Bobby who was out of the game as well for the Stoke 2nd half.
      They pulled us through.

« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2017 01:38:58 am by MIRO »
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,122 posts | 450 
      Reply #14211: Apr 13, 2017 03:01:48 am
      Take Mane out of your side and wouldn't be much different. Think you've won one game without him and that was recently against Stoke.

Firstly Mane hasn't been with us for 3 season.  He has been an excellent buy for us a snip compared to that volleyball player for 89m, ;D.  By the way we don't have Mane he is out for the season we won't finish out side the top 4, ha ha. 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,021 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14212: Apr 13, 2017 07:48:26 am
      Firstly Mane hasn't been with us for 3 season.  He has been an excellent buy for us a snip compared to that volleyball player for 89m, ;D.  By the way we don't have Mane he is out for the season we won't finish out side the top 4, ha ha. 

And what have you won in the last 3 seasons?? The thread is turning into if my auntie had balls she'd be my Uncle  ;D Enough said on it now.

Diverse thread ended.
      ________________________ _

Who are the manc tw*ts playing this weekend  :lmao:
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #14213: Apr 13, 2017 04:29:56 pm
      Presently it's only four, could be worse but I don't think I should go there  ;D

Like I've said before not concerned about how much we spend really. Would you prefer (( as a fan )) not to have that money available to try and buy a bit of success?? I doubt it as that's what we're all looking for.

No I think we should go there. This is the Laugh at the mancs thread, and it's great when it's busy. You can't win the league after 4 years, so for you next year it will be worse.

Your home record is 11 draws. "Freak" goalkeeping could explain 1 of them, 2 at a push. 11? No chance.

Most of our fans have openly said we want to earn success, not buy it. But cash is an aid only. You can buy good players at fees that reflect their ability, or you can spend recklessly on con jobs. And when you're spending telephone number figures on new players, you better ensure you're buying the finished article, not a con job.

Quick Reply