Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2297589 times
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #14306: Apr 21, 2017 05:14:41 pm
      That looks nasty to be fair  :o

Good!  ;)
      birchesheadred
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #14307: Apr 21, 2017 07:11:39 pm
      Yup, out for the season. Nevermind...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14308: Apr 22, 2017 12:03:27 am
      Yup, out for the season. Nevermind...

Out of contract soon too. Could well have played his last game (hopefully)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #14309: Apr 22, 2017 01:18:33 am
      So Ibra's injury down to Maureen's hoofball tactics!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #14310: Apr 22, 2017 11:42:53 am

Ibrahimovic is feared to have ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament, that if true is a career ending possibility, in no way is this in the context of the thread title it must be said.

On the fuckwit caff forum a thread has started asking if his injury could be a 'blessing'.
      Deluded in no way covers it.
      « Last Edit: Apr 22, 2017 12:11:17 pm by stuey »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14311: Apr 22, 2017 11:52:17 am
      Why is it when teams (( not just United )) play well they quite often put it down to the opposition playing badly? Can't it be the case the manager got his tactics right. Look how many times Liverpool have come unstuck playing the lower teams. Everyone then saying Liverpool manager can only play one way which some of your own fans say on here anyway. I think teams should be given credit and not just down for allegedly playing badly.

Mourhino and the players did a fantastic job of making sure Hazard (( world class player )) never got a shoe in for the full 90 mins.  How many other teams have done that this year??

Can you remind me of a single time when Maureen has praised another team for beating him rather than blaming it on his own team playing badly? ;-)
      I do agree with you though that Man Utd played well but you have to also admit that Chelsea were very poor on the day, not helped by 2 key players being absent just moments before the match. Otherwise you would have to conclude that you guys, playing the exact same tactics a few weeks earlier were completely crap when you played them in the FA Cup.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #14312: Apr 22, 2017 12:04:22 pm

You hope his career is finished?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14313: Apr 22, 2017 12:07:09 pm

Yeah I kind of figured you might be the kind of person to applaud an injury to an opposition player!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #14314: Apr 22, 2017 12:48:45 pm
      Quote from Ribapuru
      We rested almost our entire first team for PL games before some of the EL games.

Your statement suggests, if it had been Chelsea we would have put out a strong side?
      Sensible managers rest players before bigger games. It its not a new thing, the Chelsea game will be nothing more than bragging rights soon.

We rested players last year which we shouldn't have, which cost us valuable points and then European football altogether. It was a reckless gamble and as usual, it didn't work.

Resting players saw us eliminated from 2 cups this year, endure a replay in Plymouth, and our title challenge end. If you were in the title race now and the European Cup, you wouldn't rest anyone. We don't pay players 100k a year to put their feet up, get out there and put your body on the line for this club or go fn home. Plenty of time for rest when the season is over.

But if you insist on resting players, resting them at West Brom is one thing, resting them in one of your biggest home games of the season is another.

Suppose the mancs took your advice and lost both their games this week, what then?
      JedtheRed
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 58 
      Reply #14315: Apr 22, 2017 04:19:32 pm
      Yeah I kind of figured you might be the kind of person to applaud an injury to an opposition player!

There's quite clearly a tongue in cheek emoji next to it but good try you Tory apologising c**t!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14316: Apr 22, 2017 04:49:55 pm
      Can you remind me of a single time when Maureen has praised another team for beating him rather than blaming it on his own team playing badly? ;-)
      I do agree with you though that Man Utd played well but you have to also admit that Chelsea were very poor on the day, not helped by 2 key players being absent just moments before the match. Otherwise you would have to conclude that you guys, playing the exact same tactics a few weeks earlier were completely crap when you played them in the FA Cup.

When Real Madrid played us at old Trafford few years back Mourhino said in a interview the best team was United when we lost against them.  ;D In the FA Cup we had Chavs well under control till the sending off on that day  mate so wouldn't be fair to compare even though Chavs are a better side than United at present.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14317: Apr 22, 2017 04:56:06 pm

You only to read some of his past post to realise your assumption was correct. I tend to ignore these type of posters as their not worth time or day.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #14318: Apr 22, 2017 05:18:51 pm
      You only to read some of his past post to realise your assumption was correct. I tend to ignore these type of posters as their not worth time or day.

Bit harsh considering your whole ground once cheered off Jan Molby on a stretcher after he'd been done by a bad challenge by Darren Ferguson.

DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #14319: Apr 22, 2017 05:23:14 pm
      When Real Madrid played us at old Trafford few years back Mourhino said in a interview the best team was United when we lost against them.  ;D

Ah yes, when Mourinho so desperately wanted the Utd job and he begged for the position.

How good of him to compliment the better team  :roll:

How better still that since he's taken the job, he has been an embarrassment.  :laugh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14320: Apr 22, 2017 05:47:04 pm
      Bit harsh considering your whole ground once cheered off Jan Molby on a stretcher after he'd been done by a bad challenge by Darren Ferguson.

Not saying for a second  it doesn't also go on at Old Trafford or any where else for that matter red.  However, I'm certainly not one of those guys who would cheer such a thing. It's just one of the bad sides of our great sport.  :(
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14321: Apr 22, 2017 05:51:57 pm
      Ah yes, when Mourinho so desperately wanted the Utd job and he begged for the position.

How good of him to compliment the better team  :roll:

Well I was only asked to name one Dan.  ;D As it happens I was watching the interview live at the time and read it the same way as you did.  :D  It certainly got me excited  at the thought of him coming to the club.  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14322: Apr 23, 2017 01:06:38 am
      Ibrahimovic is feared to have ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament, that if true is a career ending possibility, in no way is this in the context of the thread title it must be said.

I think you guys were misunderstanding what I was saying. I was saying about his contract and meaning hopefully that's his last game for United, not the last game of his career.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #14323: Apr 23, 2017 03:40:36 am
      Thought Ibra would have healed himself by now given what he's been saying about his qualities to the press recently.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #14324: Apr 23, 2017 07:32:04 am

I think you guys were misunderstanding what I was saying. I was saying about his contract and meaning hopefully that's his last game for United, not the last game of his career.

That's why I asked lid.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14325: Apr 23, 2017 12:36:58 pm
      Ibrahamovic ...

Eggs Basket

Chickens    Home To Roost .

;D

( How much did Mourinho make out the inflated price for Pogba ? )
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #14326: Apr 23, 2017 03:21:18 pm
      Ibrahamovic ...

Eggs Basket

Chickens    Home To Roost .

;D

( How much did Mourinho make out the inflated price for Pogba ? )
      I'm a bit wary of counting my chickens just yet Skip. There's a thinking that Utd play a more fluid style without Zlatan and if you go by stats, they have a better record when he's not playing.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14327: Apr 23, 2017 03:29:35 pm
      I'm a bit wary of counting my chickens just yet Skip. There's a thinking that Utd play a more fluid style without Zlatan and if you go by stats, they have a better record when he's not playing.

As has been proved     0-2 up against Burnley.

Need to pull our finger out this afternoon.

If it finishes with a win for them ... then they go 3 points behind us with a game in hand.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #14328: Apr 23, 2017 07:18:30 pm
      Of course it never helps when we keep capitulating against relegation-threatened teams :mad:

Quick Reply