Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2298613 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #15985: Aug 02, 2018 09:20:55 am
      Who was the last team to win it back to back.  :f_whistle:  ;D I wouldn't take any notice of the pre friendly soft any of the top teams. It means jack sh*t being honest. City will win the league again. No one has improved their side enough to to take them on, Obviously Liverpool appear to have bought exceptional well and will be the biggest challengers but I still think the gap is to big.

Course you can have your can't win the league day. I've been saying that about you lot for years.  :lmao:

In fairness it seems like the only person taking the friendlies seriously is Maureen, he's certainly the only one who moans and makes excuses if he loses one and also the only one who is playing 4-5 players the full 90 minutes then wondering why they are picking up so many injuries.
      I think it will be very interesting to see how Utd do this season, you haven't really strengthened but you now have even more players pissed off and disillusioned with the "Special" one.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15986: Aug 02, 2018 10:14:04 am
      In fairness it seems like the only person taking the friendlies seriously is Maureen, he's certainly the only one who moans and makes excuses if he loses one and also the only one who is playing 4-5 players the full 90 minutes then wondering why they are picking up so many injuries.
      I think it will be very interesting to see how Utd do this season, you haven't really strengthened but you now have even more players pissed off and disillusioned with the "Special" one.

Yeah we've certainly not improved yet and even if we do get the other player Mourhino on about it still won't be enough for a title challenge. All though I think we will get top four that's about all I can see.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15987: Aug 02, 2018 10:26:22 am
      Yeah we've certainly not improved yet and even if we do get the other player Mourhino on about it still won't be enough for a title challenge. All though I think we will get top four that's about all I can see.

Yeah I think you should be able to get top 4 but it depends a bit on Arsenal and Chelsea, but I think Chelsea look to be in bad shape as well, with several players itching to leave.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15988: Aug 02, 2018 10:33:16 am
      Yeah I think you should be able to get top 4 but it depends a bit on Arsenal and Chelsea, but I think Chelsea look to be in bad shape as well, with several players itching to leave.

Chelsea look to be in worse state than us on paper. Very hard to work out Aresnal just yet with their new manager.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #15989: Aug 02, 2018 11:37:36 am
      Mourinho is one that will stick to the same tactics when he is so much believe in. His first stint with Chelsea, he had some great players and his tactics worked perfectly well and in later years he lost some players, some to injury and some left the club and players that came in as replacement did not fit into  his tactics, Salah is one of them, and the team suffered and he left. His second stint is no difference, he came back thinking he could use the same tactics in his first stint to win titles but probably by then 3/4 of the starting 11 has changed and the players struggled to perform and led to a revolt and he left. Now at MU.

This familiar pattern continued to stay the day where MU beat Liverpool by 2 cleverly crafted goals while defending 3/4 of them game. That has perhaps turned Mourino  into a cult overnight among the MU fans and he surely loved that and has has persisted with such tactics ever since.  It's never easy to change Mourinho's mind set as he has an ego bigger than anything that you could imagine. That cult figure began to wane among MU fans as time goes by after watching boring football game after game.   He has spent big amount of money on players but he has not really delivered. I'm sure this season he will be judged by the MU board and may I boldly predict he will go just before Xmas if he doesn't change his tactics as clubs are better prepared to face MU this season.

However,  I;m sure  Mourinho is not dumb he knows that he has one of the weaker defences among thew top 4 and he can't fixed i overnight and his tactics worked so far to give him those wins, so why not continue with that,  but the new season will be a different ball game, clubs are better prepared this time to face MU and if he performed poorly in the first 5 games knives will be out. That's just a personal opinion.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #15990: Aug 02, 2018 05:03:47 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      Who was the last team to win it back to back.  :f_whistle:  ;D I wouldn't take any notice of the pre friendly soft any of the top teams. It means jack sh*t being honest. City will win the league again. No one has improved their side enough to to take them on, Obviously Liverpool appear to have bought exceptional well and will be the biggest challengers but I still think the gap is to big.

Course you can have your can't win the league day. I've been saying that about you lot for years.

Maybe so, but you're expected to win the league every year since 1993. We're not.

One post you tell us you're "anxious", the next you tell us "you wouldn't take any notice". Which is it?

Every coach, Mourinho included, will stress the importance of pre-season. A good pre-season builds momentum into the season, which allows the players to hit the ground running from the word go. A poor pre-season can carry on into the season proper. The first coach to lose his job last year was gone after just 4 games, his team didn't score a goal nor get a point.

Like I said, nobody has retained this league in 10 years, and City will have a lot more work to do this year. Unless it's Bayern or PSG, you don't walk a major European league at a canter every year.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15991: Aug 02, 2018 05:54:53 pm

I don't think the players are the problem.

The problem lies with how they are being used.

Pogba, for instance, has all the attributes to be an outstanding midfielder, but when he attacks, you see maureen going mad on the touchline.
      I think he should be in a free role, to get the best out of him, instead, he's tied down and his talent suffocated.

And he's not the only example.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #15992: Aug 02, 2018 06:14:50 pm
      I don't think the players are the problem.

The problem lies with how they are being used.

Pogba, for instance, has all the attributes to be an outstanding midfielder, but when he attacks, you see maureen going mad on the touchline.
      I think he should be in a free role, to get the best out of him, instead, he's tied down and his talent suffocated.

And he's not the only example.

I actually totally agree with you swabs. Maybe we should apply to be a manager  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15993: Aug 04, 2018 07:35:59 am
      Who pays Sanchez's half a million quid a week  ... ?

The SCUM'S current sponsors.

(You have to laugh)

Chevrolet: Principal sponsor - £47million a year

Nike: Principal sponsor - £25.4m a year

Aon: Principal sponsor - £17m a year

DHL: Logistics partner - £10m a year

bwin: Online Betting and Gaming partner - £2.4m a year

Casillero del Diablo: Official wine of Man Utd - £2m a year

Singha Beer: Official beer of Man Utd - £2m a year

DEALS WORTH £1m-2m a year

Aeroflot: Official airline

Bulova: Official timekeeping partner

Epson: Office equipment partner

Toshiba Medical Systems: Medical systems partner

Aperol Spritz: Global spirits partner

Nissin Foods Group: Global noodle partner

STC: Telecommunications partner of Man Utd for Saudi Arabia

Yanmar: Official global partner

Kansai Paint: Official paint partner

The Hong Kong Jockey Club: Official partner

TM: Telecommunications partner in Malaysia

Apollo Tyres: Tyre partner in UK and India

Globacom: Telecommunication services partner in Nigeria, Ghana, Republic of Benin

VIVA: Telecommunication services partner in Bahrain

VIVA Kuwait: Telecommunication services partner in Kuwait

Honda: Motorcycle partner in Thailand

Bakcell: Telecommunications partner for Azerbaijan

Gloops: Gaming partner in Japan

Kagome: Official partner for Japan

Truemove H: Mobile partner for Thailand

Truevisions: MUTV broadcaster for Thailand

PCCW: Telecommunications partner and broadcast partner for Hong Kong

IVC: Official Chinese wellness partner

Chi Limited: Soft drinks partner in Nigeria
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15994: Aug 04, 2018 09:02:05 am
      Who pays Sanchez's half a million quid a week  ... ?

The SCUM'S current sponsors.

(You have to laugh)

Chevrolet: Principal sponsor - £47million a year

Nike: Principal sponsor - £25.4m a year

Aon: Principal sponsor - £17m a year

DHL: Logistics partner - £10m a year

bwin: Online Betting and Gaming partner - £2.4m a year

Casillero del Diablo: Official wine of Man Utd - £2m a year

Singha Beer: Official beer of Man Utd - £2m a year

DEALS WORTH £1m-2m a year

Aeroflot: Official airline

Bulova: Official timekeeping partner

Epson: Office equipment partner

Toshiba Medical Systems: Medical systems partner

Aperol Spritz: Global spirits partner

Nissin Foods Group: Global noodle partner

STC: Telecommunications partner of Man Utd for Saudi Arabia

Yanmar: Official global partner

Kansai Paint: Official paint partner

The Hong Kong Jockey Club: Official partner

TM: Telecommunications partner in Malaysia

Apollo Tyres: Tyre partner in UK and India

Globacom: Telecommunication services partner in Nigeria, Ghana, Republic of Benin

VIVA: Telecommunication services partner in Bahrain

VIVA Kuwait: Telecommunication services partner in Kuwait

Honda: Motorcycle partner in Thailand

Bakcell: Telecommunications partner for Azerbaijan

Gloops: Gaming partner in Japan

Kagome: Official partner for Japan

Truemove H: Mobile partner for Thailand

Truevisions: MUTV broadcaster for Thailand

PCCW: Telecommunications partner and broadcast partner for Hong Kong

IVC: Official Chinese wellness partner

Chi Limited: Soft drinks partner in Nigeria

Bloody hell, that is some income stream and you didn't even take Adidas into account, but the problem with sponsors is that they are fickle and they will only pay the big bucks for successful teams. Does anyone have a comparison with our sponsors, I expect we are still a long way behind?
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #15995: Aug 04, 2018 04:15:54 pm
      Official noodle partner 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15996: Aug 05, 2018 09:19:11 pm
      Beaten by Bayern.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #15997: Aug 05, 2018 11:59:12 pm
      The laughter keeps coming.

One summer that we sign a few players, and now "we're buying everything and everybody".

***Third Season Syndrome***
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #15998: Aug 06, 2018 09:59:16 am
      Think the toys are being put into the pram right now getting ready for deadline day. Poor Maureen mind you he and that club are a perfect match.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15999: Aug 06, 2018 10:46:11 am

What an awful preseason for them, not just results but disharmony in the squad, players pissed off, manager moaning all the time.

Compare that to us, very nice results, despite playing lots of fringe players, great harmony in the team, everyone smiling and enjoying each others company, all good.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16000: Aug 06, 2018 10:25:40 pm
      So the question is who will blink first Pogba or Maureen because UTD cant keep them both not in the same room anyway.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #16001: Aug 06, 2018 10:43:59 pm
      Apparently Barcelona have offered £50 mill plus Mina and Gomez for Pogba😂😂😂😂the cafe is having a coronary
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #16002: Aug 07, 2018 12:32:35 am
      Well utd are just a few bad results away from departing from the special one!  Ha ha he is rewriting the script again.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16003: Aug 07, 2018 04:34:24 pm
      Well whats new ? We always knew it and its been that way for years with their harassment of referees for starters.

Karma is a bi*ch. Its coming round.

We would have been 2nd to City this year . 12 points dropped.                   Ed:  (Thats not counting Migs!)

If we don't get the title we will be 2nd for 2018/19 .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45087444

Liverpool unluckiest Premier League team & Manchester United luckiest, says study

The study found Liverpool's 0-0 draw at home to Manchester United in October would have become a 1-0 win had the Reds been awarded a penalty

Liverpool were the 'unluckiest' team in the Premier League last season while Manchester United were the 'luckiest', new research claims.

The Reds dropped 12 points in matches affected by wrongly disallowed goals or incorrect decisions on penalties and red cards, says a study conducted by ESPN, Intel and the University of Bath.

It says United gained six points over incidents that went in their favour.

Manchester City remain top in a new simulated table accounting for 'luck'.

However, the study found Huddersfield should have been relegated instead of Stoke when 'incorrect' refereeing decisions were taken into account.

It also found Brighton would have finished six places higher - moving up to ninth and earning an extra £11.5m in prize money on their return to the top flight.

Conversely, Leicester would have finished 14th instead of ninth, ending the season with £9.7m less in prize money.

Fourth-placed Liverpool would have swapped with second-placed United, and champions City fallen three points short of their 100 mark.
      How did the 'Luck Index' work?

A research team collaborated with ex-Premier League referee Peter Walton, analysing footage from every game of the 2017-18 Premier League season and watching for:

Goals that should have been disallowed
          Incorrectly disallowed goals
          Incorrectly awarded penalties (that were scored)
          Penalties that were not awarded but should have been
          Incorrect red-card decisions
          Red-card incidents that were missed
          Goals scored after injury time overran
          Deflected goals

Once incidents had been indentified, an alternative outcome of the affected matches was predicted, using a model that also considered factors including team strength, form, and home advantage.

For example: in Liverpool's 0-0 draw with Manchester United at Anfield on 14 October, the study concluded Jürgen Klopp's side should have been awarded a penalty in the 63rd minute, and the new simulated scoreline was a 1-0 victory for the home side.

And, while Leicester gained seven points compared to Manchester United's six according to the 'Luck Index', the Red Devils' points came from fewer incidents, giving them a greater points-per-incident ratio.

Once the process was completed, the Premier League table was redrawn to reflect the new simulated results.

Premier League table 17-18      'Luck Index' simulated table 17-18   
      Manchester City   100   Manchester City   97
      Manchester United   81   Liverpool   87
      Tottenham   77   Tottenham   77
      Liverpool   75   Manchester United   75
      Chelsea   70   Arsenal    71
      Arsenal   63   Chelsea   70
      Burnley   54   Burnley    50
      Everton   49   Newcastle    48
      Leicester   47   Brighton   46
      Newcastle   44   Everton    44
      Crystal Palace   44   Crystal Palace   42
      Bournemouth   44   West Ham   41
      West Ham   42   Watford    41
      Watford   41   Leicester    40
      Brighton   40   Southampton   40
      Huddersfield   37   Bournemouth   38
      Southampton   36   Stoke   37
      Swansea    33   Huddersfield   37
      Stoke   33   Swansea   34
      West Brom   31   West Brom   33

The research team analysed over 150 incidents and also found:

Leicester scored three goals after injury time overran - more than any other side.
          Huddersfield's John Smith's Stadium saw the most deflected goals - five. Two of those worked in the Terriers' favour.
          Matt Ritchie was the 'luckiest player'. The Newcastle winger avoided two red cards, while a handball in the box against Leicester went unnoticed.

Assistant Professor Thomas Curran from the University of Bath said each game was simulated "thousands of times to model how it should have turned out".

He said the project was "one of the most detailed pieces of research we have ever conducted".

Former referee Walton added: "The results demonstrate the impact and importance of refereeing decisions on a game.

"With the Premier League deciding not to introduce VAR for the coming season, it is interesting to see how much luck plays a part in the way the league unfolds."

« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2018 04:40:52 pm by MIRO »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16004: Aug 07, 2018 04:49:00 pm
      Bloody hell, that is some income stream and you didn't even take Adidas into account, but the problem with sponsors is that they are fickle and they will only pay the big bucks for successful teams. Does anyone have a comparison with our sponsors, I expect we are still a long way behind?

Pity they cant fix the leaky roofs and the wi fi system at the Old Toilet.
      The stadium needs big mazoolah spent on it . Its rotting away behind a bit of paint.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #16005: Aug 08, 2018 12:56:44 am
      Neville lost the bet and will have to wear a Liverpool shirt with Shaqiri on the back  :lmao:

Carragher saved the penalty with his arse...  :lmao: :lmao:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1026932266075934720

lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #16006: Aug 09, 2018 12:19:43 am
      Quote from heimdall
      What an awful preseason for them, not just results but disharmony in the squad, players pissed off, manager moaning all the time.

Compare that to us, very nice results, despite playing lots of fringe players, great harmony in the team, everyone smiling and enjoying each others company, all good.

I think it's becoming clear, that we don't have to worry about them being contenders this year. They might not slither down to 16th and press the nuclear button before Christmas, like what happened during his last outbreak of ***Third Season Syndrome***, but it looks like we can concentrate on going toe to toe with City, without having to worry much what the mancs are up to.

I don't agree with the transfer window closing early, as I don't think it makes much difference to how things were with the old deadline. But we've handled it very well, got all our business done early, that allow the newbies to settle in sooner and ready to hit the ground running from Day 1, even in a WC year. By contrast, at least three of our main rivals are now panicking at the "must sign someone for the sake of it" stage. The mancs have the third highest spending of the window so far, but he seems more concerned about operation lower expectations, than the "good times are back" quick fix solutions he was dragged all the way out of London for.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16007: Aug 09, 2018 05:23:18 pm
      has Maureen imploded yet . Even Godin's agent took the piss knowing they are so desperate he used them as bait to get Godin a big pay rise what a joke.
      The Club is now a laughing stock not helped by his public commentary and his continued buck passing.

Quick Reply