Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2299013 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #16859: Dec 17, 2018 02:59:22 pm
      they extended it this year i heard. It will be cheaper for them to flog superstars and accept mediocrity.

The odd part of that would be to offload players like Mata & Pogba even though Mourinho didn't get the players he wanted in the summer.
      Will be an interesting January.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16860: Dec 17, 2018 03:03:19 pm
      The odd part of that would be to offload players like Mata & Pogba even though Mourinho didn't get the players he wanted in the summer.
      Will be an interesting January.
      I think Pogba will be gone in the winter and De Gea in the summer. I don't imagine United being able to replace them either. Nobody worthwhile is jumping on that ship with Jose at the helm. Too expensive to sack, they're right up sh*t creek without a paddle. Sanchez will be paid to do nothing for a few more years though.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #16861: Dec 17, 2018 03:04:57 pm
      They are proper sh*t like . All over the place . Great to watch ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,665 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16862: Dec 17, 2018 03:07:34 pm
      If they sack Mourinho who can they get though?

Poch
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16863: Dec 17, 2018 03:32:58 pm
      Drawn PSG .

Neymar  Cavani  Mbappe et al.

So its just the league now to go for.

;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,665 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16864: Dec 17, 2018 03:51:04 pm
      Drawn PSG .

Neymar  Cavani  Mbappe et al.

So its just the league now to go for.

;D

The league? Well it is the laugh at the mancs thread  ;D No trophies for United this year. We're making the numbers up  :f_wah:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Reply #16865: Dec 17, 2018 03:57:34 pm
      Still the FA cup to go for Keith, although it has lost it's glamour, still a trophy !
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #16866: Dec 17, 2018 05:01:06 pm

He seems destined to end up at Barca eventually for me.

Only way I see Poch at united is if Spurs fall off massively and hes sacked or Levy has a fire sale of their best players and he walks.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #16867: Dec 17, 2018 05:03:40 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton
      Poch

If Real Madrid couldn't, what chance the mancs? Even though there are no trophies on his cv, he would be bonkers to give up his gig at Spurs to start again at the mancs.

Mourinho won't be sacked while they're in the European Cup. The last two they had were sacked, after they didn't qualify for the next year's competition. As with most foreign owners, the league results won't hurt them, the European Cup is all they're interested in.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16868: Dec 17, 2018 05:21:14 pm
      there isn't much fun on here anymore its all too easy.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,665 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16869: Dec 17, 2018 05:52:18 pm
      Still the FA cup to go for Keith, although it has lost it's glamour, still a trophy !

I've already put Liverpools name on that one pre season David. Basically means we have to beat you lads then.  :f_doh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,665 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16870: Dec 17, 2018 05:56:27 pm
      He seems destined to end up at Barca eventually for me.

Only way I see Poch at united is if Spurs fall off massively and hes sacked or Levy has a fire sale of their best players and he walks.

Well you've name one of the two clubs that he's destin for, United being the other one for me. He's never going to have any money to spend if he stays at Spurs. Levy such a tight c**t.

If Poch wants trophies ( which he deserves ) then both clubs have the CV to provide that.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #16871: Dec 17, 2018 06:11:40 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #16872: Dec 17, 2018 06:28:39 pm
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #16873: Dec 17, 2018 06:57:03 pm

How things have changed; Lukaku used to dominate our defence, cause us no end of problems. Maybe he should go back to West Brom, probably about his level now after the way Virgil just pocketed him for the entire game. Funny how Jose has twice not deemed him good enough for his team at Chelsea and sent him to WBA and Everton but then thinks he’s 90mill(?) good enough for United.

Donkey player for a donkey manager.

What?

Top class player, makes the top 3 striker range in the world! Man U should stick with him all the time, he is great! especially playing under best manager eva Mourinho!

*warning: sarcasm involved
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16874: Dec 17, 2018 07:18:12 pm
       £24 million to sack Mourinho.

Manchester United face a bill in the region of £24million should the English Premier League club elect to replace Jose Mourinho as manager before the end of the winter transfer window.

While the compensation package due to the 55-year-old will fall by 25 percent should Mourinho fail to secure qualification for next season's Champions League, United face a minimum liability of £18m to dismiss the coach who has led them to two major trophies and their highest Premier League finish of the post-Sir Alex Ferguson era.

A 3-1 defeat at Liverpool on Sunday saw United fall 19 points behind the leaders after 17 Premier League fixtures – and remain 11 adrift of fourth-place Chelsea. In a post-match interview Mourinho stated that as far as Manchester United 's league campaign was concerned “the better we can get is the fourth position”.

The nature of the defeat – Liverpool finishing the game with large statistical advantages over an injury-hit United in shots, pass completion, possession and territory – accentuated calls for the Glazer family to dispense with Mourinho's services ahead of a January transfer window that is again a point of contention between the Portuguese and his employers.

The improved contract United agreed with Mourinho 11 months ago runs until the end of the 2019-20 season, with an option of a further season.

Record Sport has been told that the deal includes a severance package equivalent to one year's salary. With 25 percent of Mourinho's pay conditional on qualification for Europe's premier club competition, United would remain liable for the Champions League “top-up” were they to dismiss their manager while he was still in this season's competition or in contention for fourth place in the Premier League.

The Glazers sacked both of Mourinho's predecessors only after each of them had failed to achieve Champions League qualification, with the intention of saving similar sums on their pay-offs.

"The Chosen One" went in April 2014 with four league games remaining.
      Louis van Gaal was dismissed on the day of United's 2016 FA Cup Final win.

Neither was informed of their imminent departures by executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward.

Although Mourinho stated that "the owners and the board...are showing me also their ambition, their commitment, their desire to go in the right direction" upon extending his contract, there have been problems between manager and chief executive for many months, with last summer's transfer window descending into a major point of conflict.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/incredible-cost-manchester-united-binning-13745483

So if when ...they get knocked out by PSG and out of the CL that would save them about £7 million.
      Bet Woodward has a few Bob on a PSG win ...... and practicing how to say Merci .
      « Last Edit: Dec 17, 2018 08:39:44 pm by MIRO »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16875: Dec 17, 2018 09:22:00 pm
      The nature of the defeat – Liverpool finishing the game with large statistical advantages over an injury-hit United

Liverpool backline crippled with injuries and the media making excuses for United.
      Some things will never change.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16876: Dec 17, 2018 09:56:20 pm
      I've already put Liverpools name on that one pre season David. Basically means we have to beat you lads then.  :f_doh:

You know what Keith - despite both our clubs' rivalry which often boils over into irrational hatred (from both sides) I wouldn't be too bothered at all if you beat PSG. Not at all bothered. In fact, any worthy neutral would be dying to see you not just take down PSG but f**king dismantle them, that's how much of a vile club run they are. But I also like to think that, in my quiet desire to see United do one over PSG, there is a semblance of respect within our rivalry that partly carries along such sentiment. Our rivalry after all is one that is built on history and will last for as long as our two clubs exist.

Unlike those c**t neighbours of yours who may think that they are our rivals but they're not. They're just an oil sodden exploitation machine not worthy of their status as a professional football club at the highest level.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16877: Dec 17, 2018 10:02:29 pm
      Irrational hatred you have to be kidding me I have seen over 50 years of their hatred for us and our City I despise their very existence and their fans as far as I am concerned are pure  filth. I wouldn't care who they play I want them to get beat and beaten badly and I hope PSG humiliate them. I cant imagine anyone born in Liverpool would ever give them any respect under any circumstance.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,665 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16878: Dec 17, 2018 10:15:19 pm
      You know what Keith - despite both our clubs' rivalry which often boils over into irrational hatred (from both sides) I wouldn't be too bothered at all if you beat PSG. Not at all bothered. In fact, any worthy neutral would be dying to see you not just take down PSG but f**king dismantle them, that's how much of a vile club run they are. But I also like to think that, in my quiet desire to see United do one over PSG, there is a semblance of respect within our rivalry that partly carries along such sentiment. Our rivalry after all is one that is built on history and will last for as long as our two clubs exist.

Unlike those c**t neighbours of yours who may think that they are our rivals but they're not. They're just an oil sodden exploitation machine not worthy of their status as a professional football club at the highest level.

If they turn PSG over its a good result if you take the rivalry away for Liverpool. Simply coz United can't win CL. Sadly some bitter rivals don't see the bigger picture and want PSG to win regardless.

I love the rivalry we have for each other but never ever in the hatred like so many do ( both sides like you say ) It's healthy and certainly gets us buzzing like no other game in the Premier League. I look at opening fixtures soon as they're published and see when we play one another.

Much as we like to beat our noisy neighbors it will never be as good as beating you lads.  :D I still maintain banter amongst my very good scousers friends is far better than my City mates.

Years ago I posted occasionally on blue moon forum and can honestly say (then) their bitterness in volume was much more than Liverpool fans are today. Heaven knows what it's like now as not been on for years.

Respect for City will never ( in my life time ) reach the same respect as a club I/others have for Liverpool and what they have achieved. However, watching the cu*ts ( city) is simply awesome stuff and the way football should be played.

PS! Just read post after yours! See what I mean.  :f_doh:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16879: Dec 17, 2018 10:20:24 pm
      Irrational hatred you have to be kidding me I have seen over 50 years of their hatred for us and our City I despise their very existence and their fans as far as I am concerned are pure  filth. I wouldn't care who they play I want them to get beat and beaten badly and I hope PSG humiliate them. I cant imagine anyone born in Liverpool would ever give them any respect under any circumstance.

Seconded.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,665 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16880: Dec 17, 2018 10:21:22 pm

You do surprise me Miro.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16881: Dec 17, 2018 10:29:07 pm

You are an individual Keith and we have good banter. An exception.

I was standing in the Kop in the late sixties and we used to " meet " Scum supporters off the trains at Lime Street.
      There is history. Fights in the old American Bar just along from the Empire.

Ferguson was obsessed by us ...completely obsessed... and at times treated us with utter contempt.
      He blatantly admitted he copied Shankly.
      There is no pleasure like a Liverpool win but a Utd loss comes close.

So Sunday was pure ectasy.

Quick Reply