Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2297852 times
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #16974: Dec 20, 2018 11:23:07 am
      That must be dubbed, why on earth would he be talking English to Norwegian players? Mind you it might explain why they have been a fairly average team under him, despite being one of the biggest spenders.

I really cannot understand this appointment, it has the feel of the Ferguson "Chosen one" fiasco all over again. Solskjaer was a superb player but has proven himself to be an extremely limited manager Why didn't Man Utd go for Hughes or Bruce as the caretaker manager or perhaps they did and those 2 didn't fancy it. Surely they must have asked the Neville brothers as well. I'm starting to suspect that Solskjaer might have been at the bottom of the barrel.

I guess most of them are international players. Still, gonna be hilarious to see tactical masterclass from the manager who got Cardiff relegated.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #16975: Dec 20, 2018 12:06:13 pm
      I guess most of them are international players. Still, gonna be hilarious to see tactical masterclass from the manager who got Cardiff relegated.

No the overwhelming majority of the Molde team are Norwegians, there are a few foreign players in the team but I'm really surprised that most of the coaching is in English.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16976: Dec 21, 2018 11:09:26 pm
      I was looking for United but I couldn't see them. They are so far below us I need better binoculars.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #16977: Dec 21, 2018 11:18:18 pm
      Don’t care they have a game in hand...with Ole in charge they will lose anyway. 22 points behind!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16978: Dec 22, 2018 10:38:27 am

I really cannot understand this appointment, it has the feel of the Ferguson "Chosen one" fiasco all over again. Solskjaer was a superb player but has proven himself to be an extremely limited manager Why didn't Man Utd go for Hughes or Bruce as the caretaker manager or perhaps they did and those 2 didn't fancy it. Surely they must have asked the Neville brothers as well. I'm starting to suspect that Solskjaer might have been at the bottom of the barrel.

Me too, hopefully just short term fix till we can get Poch.  :f_whistle: Don't think Hughes or Bruce were ever in their minds being honest. They both would of jumped at the chance that's for sure. Pogba for man of match today if he plays.n  ;)
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #16979: Dec 22, 2018 11:17:00 am
      I actually thought Hughes did a decent job at Stoke.  Only problem was that he was given a bunch of pub players and not proper footballers.

I wouldn’t underestimate him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #16980: Dec 22, 2018 11:22:04 am
      Me too, hopefully just short term fix till we can get Poch.  :f_whistle: Don't think Hughes or Bruce were ever in their minds being honest. They both would of jumped at the chance that's for sure. Pogba for man of match today if he plays.n  ;)

There must be some concern that same F***ing eejit that appointed Mourinho will have a say in picking the new manager.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16981: Dec 22, 2018 12:15:22 pm
      I actually thought Hughes did a decent job at Stoke.  Only problem was that he was given a bunch of pub players and not proper footballers.

I wouldn’t underestimate him.

He's still only second rate manager though.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16982: Dec 22, 2018 12:26:42 pm
      There must be some concern that same f**king eejit that appointed Mourinho will have a say in picking the new manager.

Arguably  :f_whistle: you can put me in that bracket as he was my first choice as a fan.  :couch: I'd of still given Mourhino till the summer though. Think our football with now be more open which will be a concern at the back. De Gea going to be busy.,
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16983: Dec 22, 2018 12:36:09 pm
      Bit surprised to see Ole Gunnar get the job, even on temp basis.
      Don't think he's a particularly good manager, even of a smaller team.
      Though maybe Funguson will help pulling his strings, he's said he's already been in touch with him - a more experienced manager might feel undermined by that.
      Hard to see how they could play worse though ...
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #16984: Dec 22, 2018 02:13:37 pm
      Come across as a right nobhead basically immediately.

‘I want the job full time’
      ‘I will have a say on transfers’
      ‘I also have a hair dryer’

Trying to make out he’s some kind of intimidating big shot, when really all that’s on his track record is a relegation.

Can’t wait to see them sink even further with this clown in charge!!
      « Last Edit: Dec 22, 2018 06:51:31 pm by RedWilly »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #16985: Dec 22, 2018 02:34:55 pm

Keith mate, sorry to be the bearer of good news buddy, but i honestly can't see Poch shifting his arse up to Mancland anytime soon,
      If his head was indeed turned i fancy he'd head for sunny Spain rather than a rainy  Northwest,
      Two reasons...i can't see him giving up what he has built at Spuds, good decent side, regular top 4 contenders, and CL spot each season potentially, and a brand spanking new shiney stadium to build a legacy in, with the added funds that will filter through Levy's pockets fairly soon,
      As opposed to....
      A side going backwards with as much ambition momentarily like that of Blueshite, a ageing squad where most are in the twilight of their careers and will inevitably be moved on, a side with too many ego's with too much influence and no real leadership,
      Wee Ole bless him, is way out of his depth already, hence your CEO only loaning him, with very little faith whatsoever,
      Why the f**k would Poch just give it all up, and virtually start from scratch at OT,

is it guaranteed that the Glazers will fund yet another rebuild ?
      Cos that's probably what needs to happen no matter who is brought in long term,
      Why a interim manager ?
      Why not stick with Carrick & co t'll the summer?  They know better than Wee Ole, No ?

I think sh*t creek with no paddles is a term you need to get accustomed to,
      Re - Liverpool when the bubble burst, we had Moores and not enough spondoolies to fund transfers and move us on,
      Re- Souness coming in and f**king things up,
      Re- Ferguson and his 'Knock them off their perch" spiel,....Guess what mate, ?

Not only are you off your 'Perch' your lying on the grit with the Maggots crawling up your arse !!

YNWA
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16986: Dec 22, 2018 02:53:08 pm
      Come across as a right nobhead basically immediately.

‘I want the job full time’
      ‘I will have a say on transfers’
      ‘I also have a hair dryer’

Trying to make out he’s some kind of big intimidating big shot, when really all that’s on his track record is a relegation.

Can’t wait to see them sink even further with this clown in charge!!
      and United haven't even kicked a ball under his management yet!  :lmao: talk about jumping the gun
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16987: Dec 22, 2018 03:42:10 pm
      Keith mate, sorry to be the bearer of good news buddy, but i honestly can't see Poch shifting his arse up to Mancland anytime soon,
      If his head was indeed turned i fancy he'd head for sunny Spain rather than a rainy  Northwest,
      Two reasons...i can't see him giving up what he has built at Spuds, good decent side, regular top 4 contenders, and CL spot each season potentially, and a brand spanking new shiney stadium to build a legacy in, with the added funds that will filter through Levy's pockets fairly soon,
      As opposed to....
      A side going backwards with as much ambition momentarily like that of Blueshite, a ageing squad where most are in the twilight of their careers and will inevitably be moved on, a side with too many ego's with too much influence and no real leadership,
      Wee Ole bless him, is way out of his depth already, hence your CEO only loaning him, with very little faith whatsoever,
      Why the f**k would Poch just give it all up, and virtually start from scratch at OT,

is it guaranteed that the Glazers will fund yet another rebuild ?
      Cos that's probably what needs to happen no matter who is brought in long term,
      Why a interim manager ?
      Why not stick with Carrick & co t'll the summer?  They know better than Wee Ole, No ?

I think sh*t creek with no paddles is a term you need to get accustomed to,
      Re - Liverpool when the bubble burst, we had Moores and not enough spondoolies to fund transfers and move us on,
      Re- Souness coming in and f**king things up,
      Re- Ferguson and his 'Knock them off their perch" spiel,....Guess what mate, ?

Not only are you off your 'Perch' your lying on the grit with the Maggots crawling up your arse !!

YNWA

Too many questions Billy but will answer one or two.   ;D

I never get this sunny Spain sh*te being honest. A jobs a job and yes it maybe nice in the sun but a manager doesn't take a job in Spain just coz he likes the sun.

Staying with Spurs won't get him winning anything. He's done a remarkable job with limited funds. He's took them far as they go. I've already stated Levy won't give him enough funds to take them to the next level. Based on that spuds will only be a top 4/6 side and may win the odd cup competition or two.

Why a interim manager a good question, I can only see a positive side to this. Basically the man their looking for not available yet (Poch)

Carrick not proven just like any ex United player. As many Liverpool fans would say keep it in breds  ;D hence it going to Olo.

No danger United on a backward spirial. However, same can well be said about Liverpool when Klopp took over. Why did Klopp go?? Simple true is littered in passed success as United are. In most cases when a job like United, Liverpool, City,Chav come up its very hard to refuse.

Poch is guaranteed funds to turn the club around. Let's not forget you guys won nothing in over a decade yet Klopp who is/was at the time considered one of the best managers in the world when you took him to Anfield. There's no difference at United mate. Poch can bring silverware back just like Klopp will bring you the FA Cup this year.

You can't call Souness to me.  :D. He's my favourite pundit and can listen to him all day.  :)

IUWT
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #16988: Dec 22, 2018 04:04:02 pm
      If you are talking about Poch.  You couldn't get a defender that was desperate to leave Spurs.  You will need to be bold to take Poch.  Do you have the players for Poch?  A major change in a big recruitment will be needed.   

Bring ole does it mean that you would want him to fail?  Because it isn't hard to do better than Mourinho of late and that could lead to him getting a permanent contract.  Hard decisions lie ahead for your team Kieth.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16989: Dec 22, 2018 04:22:13 pm
      If you are talking about Poch.  You couldn't get a defender that was desperate to leave Spurs.  You will need to be bold to take Poch.  Do you have the players for Poch?  A major change in a big recruitment will be needed.   

Bring ole does it mean that you would want him to fail?  Because it isn't hard to do better than Mourinho of late and that could lead to him getting a permanent contract.  Hard decisions lie ahead for your team Kieth.

United bold enough to get anyone. It's Manchester United. Like Liverpool fans we think nothing but the best,  "well" least I do.  :D  Haven't Liverpool done the exact same thing with recruitment??  Granted no success yet but playing very well.

Tide often turns with football clubs, United no different to any other club in that department. Despite playing below par football over the last few years still winning the odd Cup or two ( plus one major one )
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #16990: Dec 22, 2018 04:24:05 pm
      United could easily get Pochettino, the only stumbling block I can see if is Madrid get rid of Solari at the end of the season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16991: Dec 22, 2018 04:25:58 pm
      If Poch goes anywhere it will Madrid not Man U . its a vipers nest a poison chalice only a mercenary would go there just like the one who left.
      Its over, finished the spell was broken when Ferguson went and money isn't going to fix it the club is full of mediocrity that cost a fortune
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16992: Dec 22, 2018 04:29:59 pm
      Keith, you're deluded for thinking Poch will leave Spurs for Old Toilet. Here's a list of possible managers for you.

Hodgson
      Rodgers
      Redknap
      Allardyce
      Solskjaer

Merry Christmas.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #16993: Dec 22, 2018 04:55:51 pm
      Keith, you're deluded for thinking Poch will leave Spurs for Old Toilet. Here's a list of possible managers for you.

Hodgson
      Rodgers
      Redknap
      Allardyce
      Solskjaer

Merry Christmas.

Your the deluded one for even thinking any of these can get the job.  :lmao:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #16994: Dec 22, 2018 05:15:50 pm
      Solskjaer is the head off Andy Serkis... the Gollum version.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #16995: Dec 22, 2018 06:01:33 pm
      Mancs scored a second, I swear the pundit here creamed himself over the magnificent start of Ole. FFS
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #16996: Dec 22, 2018 06:18:04 pm
      Mancs scored a second, I swear the pundit here creamed himself over the magnificent start of Ole. FFS

The commentator on U.S. TV is Arlo White and he is obsessed with United. Same thing with him. This is apparently the greatest 6th-placed team in world football history the way he's going on about them leading, erm, Cardiff.....

Quick Reply