Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2297689 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #17733: Jun 20, 2019 03:52:58 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #17734: Jun 26, 2019 08:01:54 pm
      Hey Keith, looks like you have your right back sorted for the next 8+ seasons in Wan Bissaka. I think he could go on to be as good, or even become better than TAA if Utd find their feet under your world class manager Solskjær!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17735: Jun 26, 2019 10:13:03 pm
      Hey Keith, looks like you have your right back sorted for the next 8+ seasons in Wan Bissaka. I think he could go on to be as good, or even become better than TAA if Utd find their feet under your world class manager Solskjær!

World class manager  :lmao: Go and take piss out of someone else  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17736: Jun 27, 2019 12:18:07 am
      United are taking a huge gamble spending £70mill on two, pretty much unproven players. James is largely based on that performance vs City IMO and as promising as AWB has looked, he has less than 50 games and looks a little lost when he crosses the half way line. 2 young, inexperienced players having to step up and deliver in a difficult environment with a lot of pressure. If they don’t live up to their price tags, these 2 signings could set them back even further. Also, what about Dalot? Thought he seemed a decent right back, did they really need to spend £50mill on AWB too?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17737: Jun 27, 2019 11:08:38 am
      United are taking a huge gamble spending £70mill on two, pretty much unproven players. James is largely based on that performance vs City IMO and as promising as AWB has looked, he has less than 50 games and looks a little lost when he crosses the half way line. 2 young, inexperienced players having to step up and deliver in a difficult environment with a lot of pressure. If they don’t live up to their price tags, these 2 signings could set them back even further. Also, what about Dalot? Thought he seemed a decent right back, did they really need to spend £50mill on AWB too?

Bloody truth is I just know really know if their any good. Heard/watched AWB a few times but honestly don't know if the price tag is right on both signings. Time will tell I suppose. Do any of you genuine Liverpool fans rate him?.  Those that biased/ wear rose tinted glasses need answer.  :f_whistle:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #17738: Jun 27, 2019 12:49:10 pm
      Bloody truth is I just know really know if their any good. Heard/watched AWB a few times but honestly don't know if the price tag is right on both signings. Time will tell I suppose. Do any of you genuine Liverpool fans rate him?.  Those that biased/ wear rose tinted glasses need answer.  :f_whistle:

I wanted him last summer to give some competition to TAA and to have that different option instead of using Gomez. I think he is a well rounded right back with huge potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSwi5stBDj0
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #17739: Jun 27, 2019 12:53:11 pm

Excellent pure defender probably better than our TAA, very rarely beaten in a 1 v 1 duel.

However has some way to go to match TAA going forward and you may have noticed he is very one footed.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17740: Jun 27, 2019 02:01:06 pm

AWB seems like a good defender,I think that's a pretty good signing for you guys, lets just hope he can handle the pressure.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17741: Jun 27, 2019 05:28:12 pm
      AWB seems like a good defender,I think that's a pretty good signing for you guys, lets just hope he can handle the pressure.

Won't you be hoping he can't handle the pressure  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #17742: Jun 27, 2019 05:32:57 pm

I rate him, think he has a potential to be a damn good player and would have happily seen us sign him for the right price but certainly nowhere near £50mill. He’s a good defender so suits a team like Palace really well because there isn’t too much asked of the fullbacks going forward. AWB looks to be very limited when he crosses the halfway line. In many ways he reminds me of Clyne - solid enough defensively and in 1v1s but isn’t suited to an attacking style of play. I’d have thought the direction United would want to go in is joining the mould of having their fullbacks get high up the pitch and play an attacking role but if they are, then spending £50mill on AWB isn’t going to end well IMO because it’s not his game.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17743: Jun 29, 2019 03:49:54 pm
      https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/29/manchester-united-complete-45m-signing-of-aaron-wan-bissaka

Deal sealed.

Let's see, what did we pay for our starting fullbacks in comparison....?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17744: Jun 29, 2019 05:02:28 pm
      I saw him for England recently and he was awful seems perfect for UTD
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #17745: Jun 30, 2019 07:00:06 pm

Coming on a Liverpool forum to say anyone who dares to rinse the mancs isn’t a ‘genuine’ Liverpool fan. What’s that about?

If you don’t want bias or anything then bother coming on the forum because you know as well as anyone that you will get that being a manc on here.

And for the record, AWB isn’t going to solve your problems and is hopefully another useless tit in your back line.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17746: Jun 30, 2019 07:18:34 pm
      Coming on a Liverpool forum to say anyone who dares to rinse the mancs isn’t a ‘genuine’ Liverpool fan. What’s that about?

If you don’t want bias or anything then bother coming on the forum because you know as well as anyone that you will get that being a manc on here.

And for the record, AWB isn’t going to solve your problems and is hopefully another useless tit in your back line.

Rinse?? your talking crap.

There's another members on here Liverpools fans or not that can give honest views without the tinted glasses/biased feelings despite the rivalry between both clubs, just like myself!!! We call it a forum where rival fans are allowed to post and have discussions, pretty sure that's what these sites are about.

Didn't think AWB would fix our problem for one second, think we need 5/6 players for that along with a manager. I was merely asking for fans opinions. Is that allowed??

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17747: Jun 30, 2019 10:35:55 pm

There's another members on here Liverpools fans or not that can give honest views without the tinted glasses/biased feelings despite the rivalry between both clubs, just like myself!!! We call it a forum where rival fans are allowed to post and have discussions, pretty sure that's what these sites are about.

Didn't think AWB would fix our problem for one second, think we need 5/6 players for that along with a manager. I was merely asking for fans opinions. Is that allowed??

In fairness Keith, this forum is for Liverpool fans and it is a bit rude and weird of you, as a manc, to question whether or not any of us are genuine fans or not when you obviously aren't or are you? 🤔😉
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17748: Jun 30, 2019 10:55:51 pm
      In fairness Keith, this forum is for Liverpool fans and it is a bit rude and weird of you, as a manc, to question whether or not any of us are genuine fans or not when you obviously aren't or are you? 🤔😉

Read my quote again mate. When i said genuine  it was in a sentence where they wasn't biased or wearing rose tinted glasses. I don't doubt any fan isn't genuine, just want the opinions of those that aren't blinkered coz its United, very much like yourself who has always been fair.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17749: Jul 01, 2019 09:34:20 am
      F**k me what Liverpool supporter isn't blinkered about UTD.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17750: Jul 01, 2019 09:56:08 am
      Read my quote again mate. When i said genuine  it was in a sentence where they wasn't biased or wearing rose tinted glasses. I don't doubt any fan isn't genuine, just want the opinions of those that aren't blinkered coz its United, very much like yourself who has always been fair.

OK, but perhaps blinkered would have been a better word than genuine, but in any case it should be obvious that all of us on here have rose tinted glasses to a greater or lesser extent, that is the nature of being a fan, but some hopefully are able to see beyond our own teams.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17751: Jul 01, 2019 11:11:13 am
      OK, but perhaps blinkered would have been a better word than genuine, but in any case it should be obvious that all of us on here have rose tinted glasses to a greater or lesser extent, that is the nature of being a fan, but some hopefully are able to see beyond our own teams.

My quote was taken out of context some what mate but no big deal. Yeah blinkered not a bad word either, means the same as rose tinted glasses though  ;D ;D ;D  Your last paragraph you being in that bracket  ;)  :clap:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #17752: Jul 01, 2019 02:08:14 pm

He looked decent in a pretty average PL team, he's young, seems to have the attributes you'd want in a FB, but it all depends on what's between the ears.
      He could fold under the pressure, or he could thrive on it and become a really good player.
      Only time will tell.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #17753: Jul 01, 2019 08:18:01 pm
      Giving Rashford a contract that’s bigger than what we have Salah and Virgil on, both leading players in world football.

Not sure Rashford has done anything close to justifying 250k+ a week. Everybody knows about his potential but his attitude stinks and if he doesn’t realise he needs to put the effort in and stop trying to make the team about him, then that potential will go unfulfilled IMO.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17754: Jul 01, 2019 10:40:05 pm
      Giving Rashford a contract that’s bigger than what we have Salah and Virgil on, both leading players in world football.

Not sure Rashford has done anything close to justifying 250k+ a week. Everybody knows about his potential but his attitude stinks and if he doesn’t realise he needs to put the effort in and stop trying to make the team about him, then that potential will go unfulfilled IMO.

Can't see where the £250k comes from myself either. The money is football F***ing crazy. For £250k a week I'd expect them to be world class. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't swap him but he hasn't reached that potential yet.

I haven't seen this attitude your referring to though KK
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #17755: Jul 01, 2019 11:01:32 pm
      Can't see where the £250k comes from myself either. The money is football f**king crazy. For £250k a week I'd expect them to be world class. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't swap him but he hasn't reached that potential yet.

I haven't seen this attitude your referring to though KK

Admittedly you’ve obviously seen him play a lot more than I have, just every time I’ve seen him play since he essentially became the main focal point in attack under Ole, he looks like he’s trying to do it all on his own, looks like he’s sulking if he doesn’t get the ball and almost as if he thinks it’s a given right to be the main man. He was pretty much trying to hold the club to ransom over his contract too wasn’t he?

Also am I right in saying there was once talk about José not playing him due to attitude?

One things for sure though, if I was you, I’d hope that 250k is to never take a freekick again :D

Quick Reply