Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2298992 times
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #17894: Sep 01, 2019 01:15:59 pm
      When the Glazers bought the Mancs I remember telling a season ticket holding colleague of mine that they would be fine whilst Malcolm was around but God help them when his sons took over.
      He died in May 2014. Just saying 😂
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #17895: Sep 01, 2019 01:41:49 pm
      Let's hope they win a game soon, else they'll get rid of him and get a better manager in.

There are some raising doubts but there are a good number willing to give Ole a chance at sorting the almighty F**k up down the M62,  more importantly the board don't have a clue.  In short all looks well at this end of the motorway.

When the Glazers bought the Mancs I remember telling a season ticket holding colleague of mine that they would be fine whilst Malcolm was around but God help them when his sons took over.
      He died in May 2014. Just saying 😂

Good point and it seems increasingly that the Glazer offspring seem unwilling to follow their father's code of practice with the sustainable debt model.
      Glazer Snr was not averse to increasing the huge debt the mancs ran in buying at the very top level with advice from Ferguson and advisers in situ at that time and they did pay good money for a good return most of the time.

It appears now his son's are either unwilling or unable to throw the same dosh at the club because they feel the arrangement is not as beneficial to them with the present set-up in place, their descent of the Prem. will do nothing to bolster confidence.
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2019 02:02:21 pm by stuey »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17896: Sep 02, 2019 06:57:36 am
      Sucked in ya bunch of cu*ts!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #17897: Sep 02, 2019 08:04:33 pm

You calling me a c**t?  :f_whistle:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #17898: Sep 02, 2019 08:15:32 pm
      Since the last time Man United kept a clean sheet in the league, Everton have managed 10.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17899: Sep 02, 2019 08:38:42 pm
      Since the last time Man United kept a clean sheet in the league, Everton have managed 10.

Woah Rodders.

Some stat that mate.

Well dug out.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #17900: Sep 03, 2019 07:49:46 am
      Have Everton managed 10 clean sheets in the last 3 games because I’m pretty sure United had one in the opening game of the season against Chelsea.

Maybe away from home?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #17901: Sep 03, 2019 10:04:59 am
      Have Everton managed 10 clean sheets in the last 3 games because I’m pretty sure United had one in the opening game of the season against Chelsea.

Maybe away from home?

Could have been, I was half listening to s podcast.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17902: Sep 04, 2019 02:12:47 am
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17903: Sep 07, 2019 12:37:24 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #17904: Sep 07, 2019 01:55:13 pm

Saw this.
      It was absolutely brutal and echoes what a large section of old school man u fans think (or at least the ones I know).
      Ferguson loved a bit of nepotism, and thought of himself first and everything else after.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17905: Sep 07, 2019 02:17:33 pm
      Saw this.
      It was absolutely brutal and echoes what a large section of old school man u fans think (or at least the ones I know).
      Ferguson loved a bit of nepotism, and thought of himself first and everything else after.

So much that he would quite happily sabotage the future to make his own legacy even greater in comparison... hence his advocation of Moyes for the top job.

Either that or his judgement is atrociously skewed
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #17906: Sep 07, 2019 02:32:42 pm
      I watched most of it. First thing that struck me was that Ferguson through fluke or design had a dressing room full of big characters at his disposal.

Of course they were all good players, but you can see how standards were set and how to fall below them wouldn't be tolerated.

That is as far away from their current crop as you can get really, who happen to be some of the most pampered, childish set of blokes you could find.

Secondly Keane hit the nail on the head when he mentioned Fergie looking after his own interests first, not sure he deliberately set them up for a fall but the rest holds true.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #17907: Sep 07, 2019 05:48:49 pm
      So much that he would quite happily sabotage the future to make his own legacy even greater in comparison... hence his advocation of Moyes for the top job.

I was going to post that he only pushed for Moyes to get the job because he's Scottish, but I didn't want to upset our Scottish brethren by lumping them in with those couple of rancid turds ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17908: Sep 10, 2019 09:24:44 pm
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #17909: Sep 10, 2019 10:50:23 pm

:lmao:  :lmao:

Dude, it’s getting pathetic following twitter to find something to complain about Maguire’s fee. We got it the first 20 times you posted about it.

Weird fettish.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17910: Sep 10, 2019 11:28:00 pm

Dude, it’s getting pathetic following twitter to find something to complain about Maguire’s fee. We got it the first 20 times you posted about it.

Weird fettish.

Following, no. Seeing it appear, yes. Complaining about it, certainly not. Laughing at it, absolutely.
      Yet you seem to keep getting worked up by this.. Are you not aware of the topic or just a Manc at heart or just completely obsessed with my posts? Or perhaps a combination of them all because you can't seem to help yourself? Or perhaps you are Harry Maguire?

I see you often jumping on people's posts, strange for a guy who thought we were better off keeping Karius over Alisson.

Or maybe you'd just be a lot more suited here? - https://www.redcafe.net/

Ta ra la.
      « Last Edit: Sep 10, 2019 11:40:53 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #17911: Sep 11, 2019 06:02:28 am

Weird fettish.

Behave, it’s the laugh at the mancs thread. If you don’t like it (which is weird) then don’t come into the thread.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #17912: Sep 11, 2019 06:52:15 am

Weird fettish.

Believe me, here, and there is no argument against.

You're on an LFC forum, in a 'Laugh at the mancs' thread having a pop at a Liverpool supporter who is having a light hearted laugh at Manchester United's loaf of bread headed £80 million defender. Your approach is the weird fetish from an LFC supporting perspective. No ifs, no buts.

Some things are better left unsaid/unwritten.

You manc tw*t.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #17913: Sep 11, 2019 09:05:06 am

Weird fettish.

Are you a F***ing manc? Why can't we laugh at Maguire being an expensive yard dog?
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #17914: Sep 11, 2019 01:22:18 pm
      In fairness, VVD hit a similar ball, not much better than that, which led to the winner against Everton last season!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #17915: Sep 11, 2019 01:36:39 pm
      In fairness, VVD hit a similar ball, not much better than that, which led to the winner against Everton last season!

why the F**k would there be fairness in a thread titled "Laugh at the Mancs", what the hell is wrong with some of you??
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #17916: Sep 13, 2019 12:06:12 am

That was so obvious at the time. Leading world managers to hire and Moyes gets it ...  FFS.
      That was deliberate.   
      In time for then boosting Ferguson's book sales back then.

Ole  who ?!?!?

Quick Reply