Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2298072 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #18009: Oct 07, 2019 05:26:13 pm
      Slightly weird way of looking at it, you can't really blame Ferguson for not winning the title whilst he wasn't there! That would be like calling Klopp a massive failure for not winning us the league in 30 odd years!
      Whatever way you look at it Ferguson was a superb manager, probably the best there has ever been in terms of league dominance, quite astonishing that he created or freshened up 3 or even 4 top teams to win trophies. He's still a c**t though!

Maybe stuey had his rose tinted glasses on at the time of posting. It would explain his post.  ;D He's one of the good lads on here so he has my forgiveness  :D
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #18010: Oct 07, 2019 06:13:31 pm
      It’s brilliant hearing their fans saying how Ole needs time, how the players aren’t good enough, that they need another couple of players etc.

It’s been obvious since day one that Ole is not the one for them, he sounded clueless even when they were performing well and wasn’t playing up to an image. Now the results have turned, so has the message and the lowering of expectations has begun.

Astonished he’s not under more pressure but the mancs only seem to respond to media pressure these days, so let’s hope it stays that way :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18011: Oct 07, 2019 08:40:20 pm

It’s been obvious since day one that Ole is not the one for them,

Unfortunately not many mancs would agree with you mate. However, this manc also said from day one not good enough  :(
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #18012: Oct 07, 2019 09:38:30 pm
      Hi Keith saw the second half of Newcastle v Utd, in the local. My mate being a Utd fan, thought they looked promising ? Thought it was more like a Championship myself tbh.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #18013: Oct 07, 2019 09:48:58 pm
      They actually have a thread going about getting relegated 👍👍👍👍👍😂😂😂😂😂.
      It’s comic gold
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18014: Oct 07, 2019 09:51:33 pm
      Hi Keith saw the second half of Newcastle v Utd, in the local. My mate being a Utd fan, thought they looked promising ? Thought it was more like a Championship myself tbh.

Unfortunately your mate doesn't know football or too young if he thought that was promising  :f_doh: It's a very sad state. I said before Newcastle scored its the worse time in my life supporting them. Did he have rose tinted glasses on.  ;D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #18015: Oct 07, 2019 09:55:47 pm
      Unfortunately your mate doesn't know football or too young if he thought that was promising  :f_doh: It's a very sad state. I said before Newcastle scored its the worse time in my life supporting them. Did he have rose tinted glasses on.  ;D

Too young, we are both 65 mate. Someone has to be optimistic for Utd. Anyway take care mate.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18016: Oct 07, 2019 10:14:55 pm
      Too young, we are both 65 mate. Someone has to be optimistic for Utd. Anyway take care mate.

Really!  Maybe I'm just not seeing what he is then, no offence
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #18017: Oct 07, 2019 10:45:40 pm
      Really!  Maybe I'm just not seeing what he is then, no offence

He is self opiniated, always knows best. As my other mates say, he is okay in small doses, if you get my drift Keith.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #18018: Oct 08, 2019 01:25:38 am
      For a club that spends truckloads of money on high profile, expensive players, it's amazing how they always seem to believe that they are just a high profile signing or two away from getting back to the top.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #18019: Oct 08, 2019 06:15:29 am
      Unfortunately not many mancs would agree with you mate. However, this manc also said from day one not good enough  :(

Honestly, I thought he was very false during that run when he first came in and was full of bravado. But there was no substance behind him and now that the fact he is not Mourinho has worn off on the players, he is really being exposed for that lack of substance.

All this talk of changing the style and culture etc, personally I don’t see what style or culture he is trying to implement, I think he’s scrambling game to game looking for a result and making it up as he goes.

Nowhere near good enough...if you’re a manc ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18020: Oct 08, 2019 09:23:14 am
      How do you state probably the best in terms of league dominance,
      You forgot about Bob six in nine years is pretty fckin special , took Fergie until her penultimate year to beat Bobs haul that’s twenty odd years to do what our great man done in nine no comparison not for me anyhows .

Yes but Bob inherited a superb team, not taking anything away from him, he was a superb manager, as was Fagan, but I'll always rate a manager who can build a team higher than one who takes over an already great team and pushes them onwards, its the reason why I rate Klopp and even Pochetino (although perhaps not right now) above Guardiola and I'd rate Shankly above Paisley and Fagan.

I honestly think Ferguson's record and longevity places him above all the others in the modern era, doesn't mean I like the guy but you have to respect his achievements.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #18021: Oct 08, 2019 11:22:18 am
      Yes but Bob inherited a superb team, not taking anything away from him, he was a superb manager, as was Fagan, but I'll always rate a manager who can build a team higher than one who takes over an already great team and pushes them onwards, its the reason why I rate Klopp and even Pochetino (although perhaps not right now) above Guardiola and I'd rate Shankly above Paisley and Fagan.

I honestly think Ferguson's record and longevity places him above all the others in the modern era, doesn't mean I like the guy but you have to respect his achievements.
      That’s fair enough , but even with all their money it still took him 26 years to achieve what our Bob did in nine no comparison for me ,

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18022: Oct 08, 2019 11:29:19 am
      Honestly, I thought he was very false during that run when he first came in and was full of bravado. But there was no substance behind him and now that the fact he is not Mourinho has worn off on the players, he is really being exposed for that lack of substance.

All this talk of changing the style and culture etc, personally I don’t see what style or culture he is trying to implement, I think he’s scrambling game to game looking for a result and making it up as he goes.

Nowhere near good enough...if you’re a manc ;)

I knew it was a false run/ honeymood period or what ever you like to call it. Frankley Mr Shankly also worked it out at a very early stage too. He's tottaly inept, especially in defence.. Fans complain with many managers that thry dont have a plan B. Klopp was accused of it by many fans in the passed  but with Ole, i can't even see plan A  :f_steam:

Im sure your all enjoying it though  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18023: Oct 08, 2019 12:06:47 pm
      I really, really wanna laugh at them but I just can't at the moment.

Hopefully I can start laughing at them as soon as that final whistle goes but having to wait 2 weeks makes my stomach sick. Hate these jammy Cu*ts!

Hopefully you'll continue to be sick for the next two weeks then, bit of comfort for me  :lmao:
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #18024: Oct 08, 2019 01:21:14 pm

Another big difference between Uncle Bob and Fergy is that Paisley was World Class  Fergy is known for his domestic achievements.  He had fantastic squad of players he wasn't good enough in Europe.  Bob Paisley 3 European cups in 9 years.    Fergy 0 in 9 Years.    Fergy won 2 in all his about 30 years for utd.    Shankly  bought us from 2nd division a bit like Chelsea without the rubels.  He put foundation of what we see today.       Both Shankly and Bob Paisley were more successful in different ways.   If one is measuring of how far a club was developed and the foundations were put in place for longevity then Shankley from 2nd division.  And in that perspective think Clough was better than Fergy too.  On pure success Bob is the shining light he not only dominated domestically but he terrorized Europe.     

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18025: Oct 08, 2019 04:21:46 pm

A man after myself, doesn't wear rose tinted glasses.  ;)
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #18026: Oct 08, 2019 04:28:47 pm

OK get your rose tinted glasses off and disagree that Fergy wasn't one of the luckiest managers of all time!  Look he was a great manager nobody can really deny that.  But he was one of the luckiest too.   Give Oli 7 years because he hasn't done as bad as fergy at the beginning yet!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #18027: Oct 08, 2019 05:21:48 pm
      All this talk of changing the style and culture etc, personally I don’t see what style or culture he is trying to implement

A culture of whinging going by his usual post match comments.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #18028: Oct 08, 2019 05:23:20 pm

While completely missing the point about how many great teams Paisley built!! For everything Shankly did here, Paisley took us to another stratosphere.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18029: Oct 08, 2019 09:14:58 pm
      OK get your rose tinted glasses off and disagree that Fergy wasn't one of the luckiest managers of all time!  Look he was a great manager nobody can really deny that.  But he was one of the luckiest too.   Give Oli 7 years because he hasn't done as bad as fergy at the beginning yet!

Ole given all the tea / money in China would still never compete with Fergie. The lad just hasn't got what it takes to be a top draw manager
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #18030: Oct 08, 2019 09:59:26 pm
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #18031: Oct 09, 2019 08:47:36 am
      Another big difference between Uncle Bob and Fergy is that Paisley was World Class  Fergy is known for his domestic achievements.  He had fantastic squad of players he wasn't good enough in Europe.  Bob Paisley 3 European cups in 9 years.    Fergy 0 in 9 Years.    Fergy won 2 in all his about 30 years for utd.    Shankly  bought us from 2nd division a bit like Chelsea without the rubels.  He put foundation of what we see today.       Both Shankly and Bob Paisley were more successful in different ways.   If one is measuring of how far a club was developed and the foundations were put in place for longevity then Shankley from 2nd division.  And in that perspective think Clough was better than Fergy too.  On pure success Bob is the shining light he not only dominated domestically but he terrorized Europe.   

To be fair to Fergie he was unfortunate that he had to face what a lot of people describe as the greatest club side of all time in two finals. Won a Cup Winner's Cup & a Super Cup with Aberdeen too!

Quick Reply