Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2298438 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #18032: Oct 09, 2019 05:34:05 pm
      To be fair to Fergie he was unfortunate that he had to face what a lot of people describe as the greatest club side of all time in two finals. Won a Cup Winner's Cup & a Super Cup with Aberdeen too!

And his Aberdeen team got a hiding off the Redmen in the European Cup too, no wonder the alchie was constantly going on about knocking us off our ledge.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #18033: Oct 10, 2019 01:33:30 am
      To be fair to Fergie he was unfortunate that he had to face what a lot of people describe as the greatest club side of all time in two finals. Won a Cup Winner's Cup & a Super Cup with Aberdeen too!

What is fair that Fergy averaged about 14 years to win a Champions League.  It isn't as if Barca dominated Europe for 3 decades.  They won how many was it 4 Champions League.   In Europe Fergy wasn't the best I would say nowhere near and that is fair. Domestically he was and is considered as great.  But Bob Paisley was a European power house world class.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #18034: Oct 10, 2019 07:16:37 am
      What is fair that Fergy averaged about 14 years to win a Champions League.  It isn't as if Barca dominated Europe for 3 decades.  They won how many was it 4 Champions League.   In Europe Fergy wasn't the best I would say nowhere near and that is fair. Domestically he was and is considered as great.  But Bob Paisley was a European power house world class.

United have won the champions league three times - Fergie winning two of them.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #18035: Oct 10, 2019 07:50:19 am

It should be remembered that Bob Paisley was a bloody good footballer as well.left half in old money and as tough as.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #18036: Oct 10, 2019 02:09:38 pm
      United have won the champions league three times - Fergie winning two of them.

The 4 was referring to Barcelona not sure if it is correct.

It should be remembered that Bob Paisley was a bloody good footballer as well.left half in old money and as tough as.

Exactly even though we are talking about as a manager Bob Paisley was a diamond in the boot room all along.  Probably played a massive role in getting us promoted too. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18037: Oct 10, 2019 04:02:52 pm

Exactly even though we are talking about as a manager Bob Paisley was a diamond in the boot room all along.  Probably played a massive role in getting us promoted too. 

Wasn't Ferguson a pretty good footballer as well?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #18038: Oct 10, 2019 05:42:00 pm

Yeah won 4 European Cups during that period to add to the one they won in 92.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #18039: Oct 10, 2019 11:30:50 pm
      Wasn't Ferguson a pretty good footballer as well?

Probably not at European level!

:lmao: :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #18040: Oct 11, 2019 12:53:57 am
      Another rant from Keith but this time he's using the username of Dan.   :D :D :D

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #18041: Oct 11, 2019 10:20:10 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18042: Oct 12, 2019 09:14:53 am
      Another rant from Keith but this time he's using the username of Dan.   :D :D :D

Bloody caught me in the act  ;D There's me thinking you were brain dead  :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #18043: Oct 13, 2019 08:46:03 pm
      https://twitter.com/MikeKeegan_DM/status/1182410289947533314

Any ideas for future sponsors?

I propose AOL. Massive in the 90s/00s but now an irrelevance.

Ed Woodward finally gets dial up in his office and access to something called 'electronic mail' that he's been salivating over recently. No longer will he have to put up with that fax machine he's been conducting transfers on for the last few years.
      « Last Edit: Oct 13, 2019 08:52:55 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #18044: Oct 15, 2019 11:19:10 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #18045: Oct 15, 2019 11:31:18 pm
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #18046: Oct 16, 2019 11:31:23 am
      Another clean sweep on ssn for a combined XI🤣 all Liverpool players hahaha manc sh*te 💩
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #18047: Oct 16, 2019 03:46:53 pm
      They're going to have the biggest squad in world football going by all the players that sky reckon they want. Jeez!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #18048: Oct 16, 2019 04:30:34 pm
      Currently being linked with Emre Can!!

Replacement for Pogba :laugh:
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #18049: Oct 16, 2019 04:42:32 pm
      Currently being linked with Emre Can!!

Replacement for Pogba :laugh:

Ha, replacing crap with crap. Let's hope they never learn.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #18050: Oct 16, 2019 04:52:26 pm
      Just sign Konchesky and Poulsen. The turnaround will be complete.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #18051: Oct 16, 2019 05:32:50 pm
      Just sign Konchesky and Poulsen. The turnaround will be complete.
      Just gave me the fckin shivers thinking of that pair and the owl 🦉, just goes to show what a blinkered c,,t I am , I still thought we could win things ,
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #18052: Oct 16, 2019 10:31:50 pm
      Just gave me the fckin shivers thinking of that pair and the owl 🦉, just goes to show what a blinkered c,,t I am , I still thought we could win things ,

Same as me mate. I was well behind Hodgson at the start - you think stature, history and all that can pull you through and inspire which is why you think that way. As Liverpool supporters we remind ourselves and expose ourselves every day to the glories and achievements of the club and why it is great and we assume that managers and players are both on the same page. In hindsight it was patently clear that to believe such a thing was a delusion. And in hindsight you realise just how much Hodgson rebuffed any attempt to connect with that side of things. Was he scared of it? Intimidated? Probably. Which is why, ultimately, he talked us and brought us down to his level and hence why victories away to Bolton Wanderers would become 'famous victories' and that miserable 2-0 defeat to Everton was hailed as the 'best performance I have seen during my time here'.

You know that team sheet from a Europa League game back in 2010 that goes viral every now and then to show how we've progressed since (the one with Messrs Poulsen, Konchesky, Jovanovic et al)? None of us realised just how bad it was and only when we see the light of the Klopp era do we realise just how dark the start of this decade really was. Jürgen's work these past 4 years has been a creation effort worthy of God himself.
      « Last Edit: Oct 16, 2019 11:48:32 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #18053: Oct 16, 2019 11:07:42 pm
      Same as me mate. I was well behind Hodgson at the start - you think stature, history and all that can pull you through and inspire which is why you think that way. As Liverpool supporters we remind ourselves and expose ourselves every day to the glories and achievements of the club and why it is great and we assume that managers and players are both on the same page. In hindsight it was patently clear that to believe such a thing was a delusion. In hindsight you realise just how much Hodgson rebuffed any attempt to connect with that side of things. Was he scared of it? Intimidated? Probably. Which is why, ultimately, he talked us and brought us down to his level and hence why cictories away to Bolton Wanderers would become 'famous victories' and that miserable 2-0 defeats to Everton would be hailed as the 'best performance he has seen during my time here'.

Exact opposite here, knew it would be a terrible appointment. Heard him speaking after a friendly in Switzerland and it just sent shivers down me and not in a good way!

It got to the point were I literally muttered "F**k off" to a last minute Joe Cole winner on NY's day against Bolton.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18054: Oct 17, 2019 12:41:10 am
      So  no difference then ....

Picked up and still picking up UTD money without playing

Now ?

Picking up Milan money as well as now not playing .... alleged injury.

Good work at £500,000 grand a week total if you can get it.

Quick Reply