Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2330877 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2693 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #18469: Jul 06, 2020 08:41:05 am

Bloody hell this thread woke up.  :lmao: Did United get beat  ;D You and your f**king pictures  :lmao: Is it coz you can't spell.  ;D

If I ever get the hang of picture messages your in trouble  ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #18470: Jul 07, 2020 01:07:25 am
      Bloody hell this thread woke up.  :lmao: Did United get beat  ;D You and your f**king pictures  :lmao: Is it coz you can't spell.  ;D

If I ever get the hang of picture messages your in trouble  ;D

;D ;D ;D

Dumbarse!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2693 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18471: Jul 07, 2020 01:44:54 am
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #18472: Jul 07, 2020 10:42:32 pm
      Quote from therealjr
      You’ve played 4 games since lockdown ended all against teams lower than you in the table
      10 points out of 12
      In the  corresponding fixtures we got 9 out of 9 and we are yet to go to Brighton. Admittedly we’ve only played teams below us in the table for pretty much the whole season 😂
      The most ridiculous set of results possible would still see you finish 16 points behind us.
      So what exactly are you doing right?

Reminds me of the time during Kenny's revival, when we beat Birmingham 5-0 in our annual top 4 chase, when Meireles was our great white hope, and one poster on another forum got so excited at how much progress we were making, that we would "piss the league" next season.

4 weeks later we finished out of Europe altogether, while 12 months later we finished 8th and Kenny was fired. Meireles quietly followed Torres out the door afterwards, and we were all pissed off with just how much progress we were really making.

These deluded fantasists think they're ready to win the league because they have finally discovered how to beat cannon fodder like Brighton and Bournemouth. Only took them 18 months. The reality is I think the "Can't Win The League Day" will be posted here again next year.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18473: Jul 08, 2020 10:39:42 am
      Reminds me of the time during Kenny's revival, when we beat Birmingham 5-0 in our annual top 4 chase, when Meireles was our great white hope, and one poster on another forum got so excited at how much progress we were making, that we would "piss the league" next season.

4 weeks later we finished out of Europe altogether, while 12 months later we finished 8th and Kenny was fired. Meireles quietly followed Torres out the door afterwards, and we were all pissed off with just how much progress we were really making.

These deluded fantasists think they're ready to win the league because they have finally discovered how to beat cannon fodder like Brighton and Bournemouth. Only took them 18 months. The reality is I think the "Can't Win The League Day" will be posted here again next year.

All true but Utd are finally starting to rebuild again but I still think it will be a few more years before they are challenging for anything, it could all fall to pieces again though, at the moment they have Martial playing well and Pogba actually playing, both of those are not sustainable, but in Fernandes they finally have a good midfielder plus Rashford and the other young lad Mason are very good and will only get better. They also have a good defence with Wan Bisaka, Luke Shaw and even Maguire and Lindelof are pretty decent. What Utd don't have though is any depth to their squad but with a few more years and some good acquisitions they can fix that, BUT I still maintain they have a fairly sh*t manager in charge.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2693 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18474: Jul 08, 2020 03:39:07 pm
      All true but Utd are finally starting to rebuild again but I still think it will be a few more years before they are challenging for anything, it could all fall to pieces again though, at the moment they have Martial playing well and Pogba actually playing, both of those are not sustainable, but in Fernandes they finally have a good midfielder plus Rashford and the other young lad Mason are very good and will only get better. They also have a good defence with Wan Bisaka, Luke Shaw and even Maguire and Lindelof are pretty decent. What Utd don't have though is any depth to their squad but with a few more years and some good acquisitions they can fix that, BUT I still maintain they have a fairly sh*t manager in charge.

I have lfc across the water on ignore heimdall and that's the only reason why I can see his post as you've copied & pasted it so you'll understand some of my post is referenced to it.

Every fan at ever club has  deluded fantasists as he calls it so nothing new there. However, most of us which include myself keep our feet firmly on the ground so don't take what he says as gospel.

Agreed with most of your post with the odd difference of opinion. First of all I think Lindelof just a squad player which I would replace if at all possible, goes missing in far to many games and lacks consistency.

Maguire 100% needs back up as not only does he lack a yard of pace is very flat footed. He's not having the best of seasons and more so after the break. Paying 80 million bit of a panic buy for me, he's worth 40 at tops. Kalidou Koulibaly would be idea but just can't see that happening so settle for Milan Skriniar from Inter Milan if it's possible.

Wan Bisakaka I like but going to pick up plenty of bookings along with a red card or too subject to his style of play.

Like so many on here I too thought going to be several years till we're fighting for that top spot back but not so sure now.  ;D Like yourself and well documented by me Ole not the man to get us there but he's doing fine job of making me eat humble pie (( not there yet ))  on present form. Still early days but please god I'm eating that pie sooner than I thought.  ;D

therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #18475: Jul 08, 2020 03:55:31 pm
      Macheda Hernandez Januzaj.

All hailed as the next big thing and all failures. You better hope Greenwood doesn’t go the same way Keith.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2693 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18476: Jul 08, 2020 04:26:20 pm
      Macheda Hernandez Januzaj.

All hailed as the next big thing and all failures. You better hope Greenwood doesn’t go the same way Keith.

Macheda had one or two good games and comes under the deluded fantasies as we now call it. :lmao:
      Januzaj? Never heard of him anyway   ;D I did like Hernandez and was sorry to see him go, good squad player.

Now this Greenwood fellar ?. Well he does come under the could be anything catogory  :D Very promising start.

Question for you ( don't be biased  :D )
      Pick a player under 20 that's as good as Greenwood for his position in the premier league. Let's not forget Greenwood only 18 as well. What's your thoughts on him?
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #18477: Jul 08, 2020 08:09:59 pm
      [quote author=Keith Singleton link=topic=18149.msg2318514#msg2318514 date
      Pick a player under 20 that's as good as Greenwood for his position in the premier league. Let's not forget Greenwood only 18 as well. What's your thoughts on him?
      [/quote]

Question for you first
      Which position?
      Wide where he's been playing
      Centre where he wants to play?
      Or are you settling for up front?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2693 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18478: Jul 08, 2020 08:18:41 pm
      [quote author=Keith Singleton link=topic=18149.msg2318514#msg2318514 date

Question for you first
      Which position?
      Wide where he's been playing
      Centre where he wants to play?
      Or are you settling for up front?

You can't ask question with a question till you've answered first.  ;D  He's basically classed as a forward at the moment but that can change I suppose.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #18479: Jul 08, 2020 10:46:09 pm
      You can't ask question with a question till you've answered first.  ;D  He's basically classed as a forward at the moment but that can change I suppose.

It's not an easy one to answer because you're judging him on a few games and on his situation.
      He's been launched into the limelight because of the poor striker situation you guys find yourselves in.
      You've got a striker who is injury prone and setting himself up for a political career, a refugee from the J league and another one who has done nothing till he came back with a post lockdown hatrick (unless you count Tyler's goal of his life!!)
      So out of necessity Greenwood gets to play and yes he's grabbed the opportunity.
      But is he any better than say Rhian Brewster?
      He's banging in goals for fun for Swansea and if we were as poor as you at recruitment We might have had to throw him into the first team and who knows what he might have done?

Greenwood scored against Brighton and Bournemouth. So he can do it against the little teams but what about the big boys? Or to use a cricket term is he just a flat track bully?
      Greenwood could be the next Kane
      He could be the next Macheda
      He could be the next Walcott
      So I think you need to pose the question again in 12 months time.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2693 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18480: Jul 08, 2020 11:04:46 pm
      It's not an easy one to answer because you're judging him on a few games and on his situation.
      He's been launched into the limelight because of the poor striker situation you guys find yourselves in.
      You've got a striker who is injury prone and setting himself up for a political career, a refugee from the J league and another one who has done nothing till he came back with a post lockdown hatrick (unless you count Tyler's goal of his life!!)
      So out of necessity Greenwood gets to play and yes he's grabbed the opportunity.
      He's banging in goals for fun for Swansea and if we were as poor as you at recruitment We might have had to throw him into the first team and who knows what he might have done?

Greenwood scored against Brighton and Bournemouth. So he can do it against the little teams but what about the big boys? Or to use a cricket term is he just a flat track bully?

Good post.

Not for a second saying Greenwood is the next Kane or even Van Nistelrooy but wouldn't want to lose him based on performances so far. He's doing everything asked of him for one so young and hopefully goes on to fill his potential. You can only beat what's put in front of you and he's doing that to a good standard presently.

Your certainly right about doing it against the big boys but like anything it's all about the placing and nurturing which the manager has done well, bit like Foden from City. Pep has handled him to perfection and can see him giving getting more rope next season.

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #18481: Jul 09, 2020 09:20:40 am

Greenwood is better than Brewster, you're basing that on a huge "what if"
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2693 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18482: Jul 09, 2020 11:02:47 am

So is Greenwood better than Brewster? You've basically yet to give a opinion  on what you've seen to date. We do agree about playing against the big boys so i'd  hardly class Brewster who's playing against  the likes of  Luton Huddersfield Wigan & West Brom in the same catogory as Spurs, Norwich, Brighton,Sheff Utd & Bournemouth.

We don't have to wait 12 months to have a opinion on this years football.
      If it helps you rate Brewster & Greenwood.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18483: Jul 09, 2020 01:12:15 pm
      So is Greenwood better than Brewster? You've basically yet to give a opinion  on what you've seen to date. We do agree about playing against the big boys so i'd  hardly class Brewster who's playing against  the likes of  Luton Huddersfield Wigan & West Brom in the same catogory as Spurs, Norwich, Brighton,Sheff Utd & Bournemouth.

We don't have to wait 12 months to have a opinion on this years football.
      If it helps you rate Brewster & Greenwood.

At this time of course Greenwood is better than Brewster, in a couple of years time who knows but I suspect the gulf will probably be even bigger. That is purely based on what I've seen of Brewster so far in his career, perhaps Swansea have transformed him into a superstar striker, but I think the reason he is scoring quite easily in the championship is because its, erm the Championship. meanwhile Greenwood is scoring for fun in the Prem, big big difference.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #18484: Jul 09, 2020 02:10:31 pm
      At this time of course Greenwood is better than Brewster, in a couple of years time who knows but I suspect the gulf will probably be even bigger. That is purely based on what I've seen of Brewster so far in his career, perhaps Swansea have transformed him into a superstar striker, but I think the reason he is scoring quite easily in the championship is because its, erm the Championship. meanwhile Greenwood is scoring for fun in the Prem, big big difference.

Think Greenwood is a couple of years younger than Brewster too
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2693 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18485: Jul 09, 2020 02:37:51 pm

Bloody he'll heimdall you've spoilt my parade  ;D I was hoping   thereljr was going to say that. You nailed it but only time will tell if he's going to be special. Was just surprised you could make a comparison with Brewster hence why I wanted him to explain.

Now go and p!ss on your on parade when you pick up the holy grail  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #18486: Jul 09, 2020 02:58:22 pm
      Think Greenwood is a couple of years younger than Brewster too

Yep, and he also hasn’t spent a year out with a knee injury.

but I think the reason he is scoring quite easily in the championship is because its, erm the Championship. meanwhile Greenwood is scoring for fun in the Prem, big big difference.

5 of Greenwood’s 8 goals have come against teams that are looking as though they will be relegated so in my mind, that’s not exactly much better than the level of teams Brewster is scoring against.

Greenwood is looking a bright prospect but he’s struggled against the teams around mid table upwards, so he has a long way to go yet.

Until (if) we see Brewster in the Premier League over the next year or so, it’s difficult to make any comparisons between them really. Brewster has had big hopes around him for years now, I don’t think anyone had even heard of Greenwood until this season.

Hopefully Brewster can be in the Premier League next season, whether that’s with us or not remains to be seen and then it will probably be some indication as to whether or not he has what it takes. Likewise Greenwood over the next year, can he take his game onto the next level and start performing against teams that aren’t battling relegation. Hopefully Brewster can come out on top between the two players but Greenwood at the moment has the big advantage because there isn’t the competition for places and he hasn’t had a serious injury.
      « Last Edit: Jul 09, 2020 03:03:48 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18487: Jul 09, 2020 04:22:04 pm
      Yep, and he also hasn’t spent a year out with a knee injury.

5 of Greenwood’s 8 goals have come against teams that are looking as though they will be relegated so in my mind, that’s not exactly much better than the level of teams Brewster is scoring against.

Greenwood is looking a bright prospect but he’s struggled against the teams around mid table upwards, so he has a long way to go yet.

Until (if) we see Brewster in the Premier League over the next year or so, it’s difficult to make any comparisons between them really. Brewster has had big hopes around him for years now, I don’t think anyone had even heard of Greenwood until this season.

Hopefully Brewster can be in the Premier League next season, whether that’s with us or not remains to be seen and then it will probably be some indication as to whether or not he has what it takes. Likewise Greenwood over the next year, can he take his game onto the next level and start performing against teams that aren’t battling relegation. Hopefully Brewster can come out on top between the two players but Greenwood at the moment has the big advantage because there isn’t the competition for places and he hasn’t had a serious injury.

As I said I hope I'm wrong about Brewster, but there hasn't been a single instance so far that I've sat up and thought, wow this lad can play, in the way I did for Trent, Curtis, Elliott and Neco, going further back I remember the first times I saw Fowler, Owen and Stevie G and just knew that they were special.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #18488: Jul 09, 2020 04:47:43 pm
      As I said I hope I'm wrong about Brewster, but there hasn't been a single instance so far that I've sat up and thought, wow this lad can play, in the way I did for Trent, Curtis, Elliott and Neco, going further back I remember the first times I saw Fowler, Owen and Stevie G and just knew that they were special.

Well in fairness to the lad, none of them other players were out for a year with a serious injury at 18.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #18489: Jul 09, 2020 04:51:25 pm

Brewster was out for a year with a knee injury though which curtailed his progress. Had that not happened we would have seen a lot more to judge how good he is.

He might not be the answer but he is certainly showing enough at Swansea that he deserves a chances with us to prove himself.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18490: Jul 09, 2020 09:05:18 pm
      Brewster was out for a year with a knee injury though which curtailed his progress. Had that not happened we would have seen a lot more to judge how good he is.

He might not be the answer but he is certainly showing enough at Swansea that he deserves a chances with us to prove himself.

100% agree and I hope he's improved massively but I fear he could be more of a Woodburn than a Owen or Fowler. I genuinely hope I'm wrong.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2693 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18491: Jul 09, 2020 09:10:00 pm
      That Greenwood at it again. Heimdall not a bad judge.  ;D

Quick Reply