Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2297368 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #18538: Jul 14, 2020 10:25:04 pm
      Obviously to early for a Liverpool v Chelsea thread so have to put it on here as in many ways you can still class it as laugh at the mancs.  ;D

How are you lads supporting this one as you could do me  ;D a favour and beat the chavs to give us good chance of top 4.  ;D

Opinions will be devided I'm sure.  :couch:

No chance!,  they beat City so we owe them 😂😘
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18539: Jul 14, 2020 10:29:43 pm
      No chance!,  they beat City so we owe them 😂😘

Well some of you say I'm a scouser in disguise so I'll be supporting you. ;D I won't be in disguise either, me and Aussie Red  have got this one  :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18540: Jul 15, 2020 12:25:31 pm
      Liverpool don't throw games, I hate Chelsea almost as much as I hate Man Utd.

If Chelsea beat us then they will have earned it, but with their iffy defence I just can't see it, I mean they only just managed to beat Norwich yesterday!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18541: Jul 15, 2020 12:51:32 pm
      Liverpool don't throw games, I hate Chelsea almost as much as I hate Man Utd.

If Chelsea beat us then they will have earned it, but with their iffy defence I just can't see it, I mean they only just managed to beat Norwich yesterday!!

I'm going for a 3-0. Your due to start playing well again.  ;D Come on you reds!  :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18542: Jul 15, 2020 01:18:51 pm
      In other news Marcus Rashford is to receive an honorary doctorate for his work  highlighting the need for poor kids to eat school dinners.

Sorry but as much as that was a very nice move from Rashford I do think this is kind of ridiculous, normally honorary doctorates are awarded at the end of someone's career for a lifetimes achievement not for someone who basically sent out a couple of tweets to make the PM see some sense on this issue. For example the other honorary doctorates awarded to Man Utd people are to Sir Alex Ferguson and Sir Bobby Charlton, awarded at the ends of their careers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53414563
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18543: Jul 15, 2020 01:45:15 pm
      In other news Marcus Rashford is to receive an honorary doctorate for his work  highlighting the need for poor kids to eat school dinners.

Sorry but as much as that was a very nice move from Rashford I do think this is kind of ridiculous, normally honorary doctorates are awarded at the end of someone's career for a lifetimes achievement not for someone who basically sent out a couple of tweets to make the PM see some sense on this issue. For example the other honorary doctorates awarded to Man Utd people are to Sir Alex Ferguson and Sir Bobby Charlton, awarded at the ends of their careers.

Nice gesture though. The reason why he got the award now and not  the end of his career I can answer in two words....

SOCIAL MEDIA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #18544: Jul 15, 2020 01:50:24 pm
      https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8521189/Manchester-United-face-losing-25m-75m-year-adidas-sponsorship-deal.html

Mancs to lose £25m Adidas sponsorship payout if they fail to qualify for CL, a drop in the ocean of course when all the other rewards for a top 4 finish are taken into account.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #18545: Jul 15, 2020 02:02:34 pm

F**k sake lad, he's from the same background as the kids he's talking about. I'm glad Rashford has been awarded this as he deserves everything for shaming gobs***e Boris into action.

Good on him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18546: Jul 15, 2020 03:17:08 pm
      F**k sake lad, he's from the same background as the kids he's talking about. I'm glad Rashford has been awarded this as he deserves everything for shaming gobs***e Boris into action.

Good on him.

So he deserves it more than some charity worker who dedicates their whole lives to their charity, someone working in the slums in Africa or India for example, if you think so please explain why or should honorary doctorates be handed out to every good person in the world?

I think honours like these need to be earned over a lifetime, not just for a couple of tweets whilst in lockdown. I'm not begrudging  Rashford getting recognition for what he did, it was a really good and necessary thing to highlight,  but I do think this award is over the top and the only reason its happening in my opinion is because of Black Lives Matter and that cheapens it a bit.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #18547: Jul 15, 2020 03:24:36 pm

So he deserves it more than some charity worker who dedicates their whole lives to their charity, someone working in the slums in Africa or India for example, if you think so please explain why or should honorary doctorates be handed out to every good person in the world?

I think honours like these need to be earned over a lifetime, not just for a couple of tweets whilst in lockdown. I'm not begrudging  Rashford getting recognition for what he did, it was a really good and necessary thing to highlight,  but I do think this award is over the top and the only reason its happening in my opinion is because of Black Lives Matter and that cheapens it a bit.

Don't think it has anything to do with BLM. Brendan Rodgers was awarded an honorary doctorate in 2014
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18548: Jul 15, 2020 03:56:55 pm
      Don't think it has anything to do with BLM. Brendan Rodgers was awarded an honorary doctorate in 2014

Really, what in the hell for????
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #18549: Jul 15, 2020 04:05:35 pm

Advertising Teeth whitening?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #18550: Jul 15, 2020 04:07:24 pm

Contribution to sport or something like that from Ulster Uni (baring in mind he'd not won a single major honour at the time it was awarded)  ???
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #18551: Jul 15, 2020 04:59:05 pm
      No, services to lip gloss and Jesus sandals, he single handedly saved both.

First class honours in bumming Jack Russells
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18552: Jul 19, 2020 07:57:59 pm
      Redcafe in meltdown so I'll have to take the flack on here.  :couch:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #18553: Jul 19, 2020 08:16:14 pm
      Redcafe in meltdown so I'll have to take the flack on here.  :couch:

Keepers going through a rough patch at the momment
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18554: Jul 19, 2020 08:25:13 pm
      Keepers going through a rough patch at the momment

I had him my man of the match against Palace. It was his first good game in a while. I'm fu**ed if I know how you go from being the best in the world to his form over the last 18 months as a whole.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18555: Jul 19, 2020 08:51:17 pm
      Why would you rest players for this match, makes no sense to me?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #18556: Jul 19, 2020 09:05:29 pm
      Why would you rest players for this match, makes no sense to me?

Ole at the wheel with his tactics.  :f_doh: Had to give man of the match award on redcafe but no one deserved it.

Maguire doing me F***ing head in.  :f_steam:

Arguably our worse player since lockdown. How many free headers does he need to get at least one on target? He's so slow does it take him 3 months to get fit or will he always be placeless and flat footed.

What so annoying is just before the 3rd goal it was his fault we gave a corner away. He didn't see Reece James on the right side of him so was left to Brandon Williams to cut ball out for a corner.  :f_doh:

80 fecking million   >:(
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #18557: Jul 19, 2020 09:31:45 pm
      Ole at the wheel with his tactics.  :f_doh: Had to give man of the match award on redcafe but no one deserved it.

Maguire doing me f**king head in.  :f_steam:

Arguably our worse player since lockdown. How many free headers does he need to get at least one on target? He's so slow does it take him 3 months to get fit or will he always be placeless and flat footed.

What so annoying is just before the 3rd goal it was his fault we gave a corner away. He didn't see Reece James on the right side of him so was left to Brandon Williams to cut ball out for a corner.  :f_doh:

And you mancs laughed when we signed VVD :D

Keep the performances coming Harry!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #18558: Jul 20, 2020 12:26:06 am
      Maguire is complete trash :lmao:

Why is he always running into or marking his own players? And the run :laugh:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sennesation/status/1284927083790192642

Him and De Gea are forming quite the double act, it’s like the chuckle brothers are back.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #18559: Jul 20, 2020 12:45:10 am

Maguire doing me F***ing head in.  :f_steam:

Job's gone to his head, he now think's he's a tactical genius and got found out massively.

Should of gone with what he's played recently as his main 11 and started Greenwood and Martial.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #18560: Jul 20, 2020 05:54:18 am

Quick Reply