Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2298246 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #19090: Dec 03, 2020 02:32:04 pm
      If Cavani gets into any kind of trouble for that post, it goes to show what a pussy society we have become
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #19091: Dec 03, 2020 03:08:02 pm
      Become? Suarez got banned nine years ago for the same thing.

Yes, it's gotten worse over the past few years. 9 years ago we weren't virtue signaling everywhere with kneeling, BLM and all this sensitive crap where everyone gets offended to the extent we do today.

I don't recall the post that got Suarez in trouble, but i have always said nothing good ever comes out of social medial for public figures. It's such a big ocean of visibility out there that inevitably someone gets insulted by a post they make.
      « Last Edit: Dec 03, 2020 03:16:24 pm by CT_LFC »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #19092: Dec 03, 2020 04:11:56 pm
      I agree that punishing somebody for using a word that isn't offensive in their national language is f**king ridiculous but I don't class the human race trying to evolve to become better humans as virtue signalling. If people trying to get rights on an even keel offends you maybe it's you that needs to do a bit of 'virtue signalling'

Not sure you quite understand what virtue signalling refers to, its where celebrities and politicians immediately jump on a cause which they don't really understand and don't really care about beyond how it makes them look virtuous and lovely. I assume that's what CT_LFC was referring to. No one in their right mind likes or encourages racism or discrimination.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19093: Dec 03, 2020 04:43:08 pm
      So many  blinkered fans need to take those rose tinted glasses off. What happened with Suarez & Evra completely different to Cavani poster!!!!!!! That was done in innocence and no malice whatsoever.

Thing is with Suarez & Evra is that they had altercations on the pitch which continue throughout and after the game so there was intent whether innocent or guilty. Obviously when found guilty the punishment fitted the alleged crime. What didn't help Suarez was his past history. To my knowledge Cavani doesn't have history but I'll stand corrected if there is any..

Once again the snow flakes show they don't have boundaries and that they will seek anything so it appears on social media.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #19094: Dec 03, 2020 05:00:52 pm
      So many  blinkered fans need to take those rose tinted glasses off. What happened with Suarez & Evra completely different to Cavani poster!!!!!!! That was done in innocence and no malice whatsoever.

Thing is with Suarez & Evra is that they had altercations on the pitch which continue throughout and after the game so there was intent whether innocent or guilty. Obviously when found guilty the punishment fitted the alleged crime. What didn't help Suarez was his past history. To my knowledge Cavani doesn't have history but I'll stand corrected if there is any..

Once again the snow flakes show they don't have boundaries and that they will seek anything so it appears on social media.

I agree, they are completely different cases, but it is quite amusing watching Man Utd squirm over this. ;-)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19095: Dec 03, 2020 05:21:35 pm
      I agree, they are completely different cases, but it is quite amusing watching Man Utd squirm over this. ;-)

Such the effect snowflakes have on social media it's hardly surprising fans from all clubs in general squirm as you put it.  ;D If he does get a ban can't see it being more than 3 games.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #19096: Dec 03, 2020 08:49:14 pm
      Quote from Keith Singleton

Suarez said he used the word to the FA. They took that in a racist context and threw the book at him. Nothing else was considered.

In this case, there is written proof of the word used. There's no point in him explaining what he meant, as it's useless. To post it at any time is daft, to post it in the current climate is madness. Once he posted it, he lost the battle.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19097: Dec 03, 2020 09:38:29 pm
      Suarez said he used the word to the FA. They took that in a racist context and threw the book at him. Nothing else was considered.

In this case, there is written proof of the word used. There's no point in him explaining what he meant, as it's useless. To post it at any time is daft, to post it in the current climate is madness. Once he posted it, he lost the battle.

How do you know nothing else was considered ? You at the meeting?  Are you saying Suarez was innocent ? 
      Cavani guilty of not knowing how the system works in England. He's not guilty of racism but is of ignorance from what I've read. Should he be punished ? Possibly with a fine for upsetting snowflakes.

No one in the right mind would post such a poster  if he was in fact racist knowing that the punishment would be  extremely damaging to his career with severe consequences. 
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #19098: Dec 04, 2020 08:41:25 pm
       :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #19099: Dec 05, 2020 06:58:37 pm
      Anyone seen a VAR decision go against the Mancs? They seem to get the benefit of the doubt every time.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19100: Dec 05, 2020 07:02:24 pm
      Anyone seen a VAR decision go against the Mancs? They seem to get the benefit of the doubt every time.

That's chestnut  ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #19101: Dec 07, 2020 05:05:17 pm

One big conker that one. always has been.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19102: Dec 07, 2020 05:11:08 pm
      One big conker that one. always has been.

;D Penalty ref  :lmao:
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #19103: Dec 08, 2020 08:09:42 pm
      Leipzig take an early lead. Hope they enjoy the Europa.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19104: Dec 08, 2020 08:19:32 pm
      Leipzig take an early lead. Hope they enjoy the Europa.

Don't know what's worse losing tonite or playing in Europa league and all those games.  :f_wah:
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #19105: Dec 08, 2020 08:21:52 pm
      Don't know what's worse losing tonite or playing in Europa league and all those games.  :f_wah:

The Europa is probably your best chance at a trophy this season, however.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19106: Dec 08, 2020 08:24:40 pm
      The Europa is probably your best chance at a trophy this season, however.

Can only speak for myself as a fan and prefer not to play in it. I've never liked it unless you get to the quarter / semi final stages and simply to many matches to get there. I'll take FA Cup but with Ole at the wheel you already know my views on him.  :f_doh:
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #19107: Dec 08, 2020 08:30:42 pm
      And Leipzig score another one.  >:D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #19108: Dec 08, 2020 08:34:29 pm
      And Leipzig score another one.  >:D

Almost 3-0, Man Utd getting a spanking here.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #19109: Dec 08, 2020 09:42:24 pm
      Soft pen there, jammy mancs.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #19110: Dec 08, 2020 09:56:32 pm
      VAR IS A JOKE
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #19111: Dec 08, 2020 10:07:27 pm
      Can only speak for myself as a fan and prefer not to play in it. I've never liked it unless you get to the quarter / semi final stages and simply to many matches to get there. I'll take FA Cup but with Ole at the wheel you already know my views on him.  :f_doh:

Agreed, it's better not to be in it. Especially during this particular season.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #19112: Dec 08, 2020 10:11:47 pm
      Agreed, it's better not to be in it. Especially during this particular season.

but it's their best chance at Champions League next season. They were not winning it (the CL) this year, and are not good enough to finish top 4 in the league with Chelsea, City, Spurs, us and even Leicester all better than them.

Quick Reply