Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2297473 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #19297: May 02, 2021 05:06:47 pm
      Couldn't organise a decenr protest to save their lives. Shithouses could of at least got the game called off!!

Well there not doing bad job so far.  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #19298: May 02, 2021 05:27:25 pm
      Well there not doing bad job so far.  ;D

Yeah only been about 11 years ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19299: May 02, 2021 05:46:41 pm

Come on HR. Didn't we do well.  :lmao:

Told you other week it's only just started.  :) Hopefully Liverpool fans do same at their next home match.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #19300: May 02, 2021 06:39:18 pm
      Hopefully Liverpool fans do same at their next home match.

Why?

We're not at that tipping point ta mucho!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19301: May 02, 2021 06:50:28 pm
      Why?

We're not at that tipping point ta mucho!!

You know why. Time will tell.... Hopefully
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #19302: May 02, 2021 06:56:52 pm

I don't honestly, FSG have had their bollocking over ESL, but today was bigger than that it was about the Glazers as owners and you're cheeky cu*ts if you think we're getting dragged into it. Not happening, FSG are not the Glazers or H & G and as I said that's the difference. We saw off the lot we needed to, you're still trying!!

Also tribal issues still exist, especially on your lot's part as showed today with the anti-scouse stuff. This is from someone prominent in SOS

"One of the 'activist' United fans explained to me a few years ago 'we've only had defeats - you've only had victories.' The main organiser of this was part of the Manchester Education Committee he is behind 'spectaculars' like this today but when we asked him to join the ticket protests with the Premier League he wasn't interested because we were leading it. They might've upped the ante today but they are jealous of the organisation and success of our protests."

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19303: May 02, 2021 07:01:43 pm
      I don't honestly, FSG have had their bollocking over ESL, but today was bigger than that it was about the Glazers as owners and you're cheeky cu*ts if you think we're getting dragged into it. Not happening, FSG are not the Glazers or H & G and as I said that's the difference. We saw off the lot we needed to, you're still trying!!

That's not at dispute re Glazers and the super league has reunited the cause. I'm hoping Liverpool fans do but if they don't, they don't. 
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19304: May 02, 2021 07:05:19 pm

"One of the 'activist' United fans explained to me a few years ago 'we've only had defeats - you've only had victories.' The main organiser of this was part of the Manchester Education Committee he is behind 'spectaculars' like this today but when we asked him to join the ticket protests with the Premier League he wasn't interested because we were leading it. They might've upped the ante today but they are jealous of the organisation and success of our protests."

This is well above my pay grade mate and wouldn't know how to comment. I'm a fan, not a activist
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #19305: May 04, 2021 04:00:48 am
      So is Gary Neville going to address the Lim issue thrown at him by save Valencia fan groups? Now been directly asked to comment .. radio silence so far!
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #19306: May 04, 2021 11:19:49 pm
      So is Gary Neville going to address the Lim issue thrown at him by save Valencia fan groups? Now been directly asked to comment .. radio silence so far!

What was that?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #19307: May 05, 2021 08:45:18 am

Valencia have been driven to the brink by owner Peter Lim - Gary Neville is a business partner of Lims it’s how he got the coaching gig at Valencia and they co own Salford. A Valencia fan group has directly reached out to Neville for support via he’s social media and he’s given it the old run around. Was very quick to get on his pedestal about FSG and the Glazers.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #19308: May 05, 2021 02:36:16 pm
      Valencia have been driven to the brink by owner Peter Lim - Gary Neville is a business partner of Lims it’s how he got the coaching gig at Valencia and they co own Salford. A Valencia fan group has directly reached out to Neville for support via he’s social media and he’s given it the old run around. Was very quick to get on his pedestal about FSG and the Glazers.

Who also came close to buying LFC. What a disaster that would have been.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #19309: May 05, 2021 02:58:44 pm
      Debt free when the Glazers bought the club..now saddled with debt which was taken out by owners as dividends to fund their lifestyles on Palm Beach...

They could do that to any sports franchise in the states, across the pond we welcome it, little wonder PL clubs are seen as an attractive option..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #19310: May 09, 2021 12:08:59 am
      This is well above my pay grade mate and wouldn't know how to comment. I'm a fan, not a activist

Keith - interested in your thoughts about this story: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/08/manchester-united-lose-200m-training-kit-deal-over-fans-anti-glazers-campaign

Not sure how widespread the sponsor boycott thread is, but it's hard not to see this as a self-inflicted wound (if it's true).
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19311: May 09, 2021 07:21:01 am
      Keith - interested in your thoughts about this story: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/may/08/manchester-united-lose-200m-training-kit-deal-over-fans-anti-glazers-campaign

Not sure how widespread the sponsor boycott thread is, but it's hard not to see this as a self-inflicted wound (if it's true).

Very good question Robby ( if true) and I find it difficult to answer but ( only ) as a fan it's good news and bad news so it's in the classic catch 22 department for me.

Good new..
      The though of Glazers losing out on £200 million is music to my ears. When revenue gets serious effect like this surely our message comes across loud and clear. If this is the beginning of a new campaign to get the Glazers out then as a business, they have to take it seriously and really consider selling before their assets go down.

Bad news...
      Long term this could have big effect on our share prices. Allegedly with more planned protest at Leicester and more importantly the Liverpool game if cancelled because of the fans.  Don't get me wrong I hope there is a massive protest again. However, I want these to be peaceful ones for sure and the game goes ahead.

If any of our future games cancelled I'm very confident not only will we lose 3 points to the given teams (( good news for you lot  ;D )) but serious repercussions for United as a whole. I'm very worried about it truth be know.

If I was a Liverpool fan in disguise  ;D
      I want the game to be cancelled. The United game is without doubt the biggest game of the season, not for the usual reasons of rivalry, but top 4 qualifications. Think about it, if we beat Leicester and you beat United by hook or by crook ( void match ) with your run in compared to Leicester I'd make you favourites on paper to get that 4 spot.. Now that would be bad news for us Mancs.  :f_wah:

Being honest with you best person to ask on these planned protest is Huyton Red. He's well clued up on this stuff and will know more than me.

Hopefully it's just the usual press/ social media doing what they do best.  :f_steam:

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #19312: May 09, 2021 10:16:01 am

There's one hell of a difference between the Glazers and H&G, the latter were frauds and their business practices were judged to be so in a court of law.
      The Glazers have always saddled the club with a manageable debt and the global commercial enterprise of the brand ensures the arrangement is satisfactory, NESV have a slightly different method of pimping the brand.

It is ironic that after so many years and a full trophy cabinet a few idiots break into the ground and cause mayhem because Ole has landed them with the Europa competition, conveniently the ESL proposition by the owners is used as a foil.

As with LFC and probably moreso for you Keith - got to be careful what you wish for!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #19313: May 09, 2021 02:47:26 pm
      Very good question Robby ( if true) and I find it difficult to answer but ( only ) as a fan it's good news and bad news so it's in the classic catch 22 department for me.

Good new..
      The though of Glazers losing out on £200 million is music to my ears. When revenue gets serious effect like this surely our message comes across loud and clear. If this is the beginning of a new campaign to get the Glazers out then as a business, they have to take it seriously and really consider selling before their assets go down.

Bad news...
      Long term this could have big effect on our share prices. Allegedly with more planned protest at Leicester and more importantly the Liverpool game if cancelled because of the fans.  Don't get me wrong I hope there is a massive protest again. However, I want these to be peaceful ones for sure and the game goes ahead.

If any of our future games cancelled I'm very confident not only will we lose 3 points to the given teams (( good news for you lot  ;D )) but serious repercussions for United as a whole. I'm very worried about it truth be know.

I want the game to be cancelled. The United game is without doubt the biggest game of the season, not for the usual reasons of rivalry, but top 4 qualifications. Think about it, if we beat Leicester and you beat United by hook or by crook ( void match ) with your run in compared to Leicester I'd make you favourites on paper to get that 4 spot.. Now that would be bad news for us Mancs.  :f_wah:

Being honest with you best person to ask on these planned protest is Huyton Red. He's well clued up on this stuff and will know more than me.

Hopefully it's just the usual press/ social media doing what they do best.  :f_steam:

I'm hoping this time they torch Old Trafford!! :laugh:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #19314: May 09, 2021 03:33:06 pm

I'll buy he matches
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19315: May 09, 2021 03:56:53 pm

If it does ill know you knew before hand  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #19316: May 09, 2021 05:20:27 pm
      If it does ill know you knew before hand  :lmao:

I'll be trying to hide the swan vestas :laugh:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #19317: May 09, 2021 07:00:35 pm

Good new..

Bad news...

I get the catch-22 part of it for you.

My question is more whether that company really did bag their sponsorship of United training gear over the threat of boycotts.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19318: May 09, 2021 07:33:35 pm
      I get the catch-22 part of it for you.

My question is more whether that company really did bag their sponsorship of United training gear over the threat of boycotts.

Havent a clue mate but nothing surprises me these days. Glad I'm on my way out and not a teenager coming up in the world now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19319: May 09, 2021 07:45:04 pm
      How many United fans will there be here on Tuesday nite.  ;D Must be atleast 99% Hope this thread pretty lively and you lads cheering us lot! on.  ;D

I'd love to have one ear on Huyton Reds walls that nite.  :f_whistle:  ;D

Quick Reply