Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2297599 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #19458: Jul 28, 2021 12:18:45 pm
      Genuine question: is your fanbase still much larger than ours? I know you used to crush us on the US market, but we've made great strides over there in recent years (and collaborating with the likes of LeBron James will help in the future).
      Salah (and to a lesser extent Mané) also massively improved our visibility in the Middle-East/African market.

The Mancs have the edge on LFC regarding their global enterprise and fan base.
      They saw the massive potential in an international market long before any other club.
      Their idiot supporters who rioted did more harm than good in damaging the name of the club and the actual ground itself.

You make mention of the global fan base and it is this that enables their manageable debt scenario, their ability to comfortably endure any accrued interest as a result of the debt qualifies the "manageable debt" description.

LFC whose global interests have massively improved under NESV while presently unable to match the Manc's financial achievements are in a very healthy state, that said FSG could break the habit of their 11 year tenure and part with some of the £2bn+ estimated market value of the club to address some issues that lost us our PL title last term and could very well do the same this season.
      « Last Edit: Jul 28, 2021 03:01:07 pm by stuey »
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #19459: Jul 28, 2021 03:02:36 pm

Let me guess - you are happy to ignore it all because they have used it to buy players. All those protests etc all gone and forgotten because the owners have bought a couple of players for you ( whilst still taking money out of the club)

Once again all those morals out of the window when a player is bought - Glazers know how to keep the fans quiet

From a fans perspective Im more than happy that my club isn’t over £500mil in debt to banks and have owners that take out dividends each year whilst the club wins f**k all

Just to highlight the point it also shows the hypocrisy flying around football these days

It wasn’t that long ago fans were up in arms about owners making business decisions to create a super league to get more finances into the club - fingers were pointed at them for their moral disgrace and stealing the ethics of the clubs etc etc etc

Three months down the line you have fans now demanding money money money is spent , if the money isn’t there well go and borrow it , don’t worry about the debt or any morals all we care about is spending £100mil on this player and that player - forget the clubs have huge levels of losses due to Covid just go out and spend more

No wonder people look at the money in the football well mainly the Premier League and think what a disgusting disgrace it is and yet we have owners that appear to want to be financially sounds and they get lambasted for it

Fans are a bunch of hypocrites, i agree. One moment they jump on their high horse and call the owners greedy then go and post about how all these players the team should be buying.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #19460: Jul 29, 2021 12:06:48 pm

Let me guess - you are happy to ignore it all because they have used it to buy players. All those protests etc all gone and forgotten because the owners have bought a couple of players for you ( whilst still taking money out of the club)

Once again all those morals out of the window when a player is bought - Glazers know how to keep the fans quiet

From a fans perspective Im more than happy that my club isn’t over £500mil in debt to banks and have owners that take out dividends each year whilst the club wins f**k all

Just to highlight the point it also shows the hypocrisy flying around football these days

It wasn’t that long ago fans were up in arms about owners making business decisions to create a super league to get more finances into the club - fingers were pointed at them for their moral disgrace and stealing the ethics of the clubs etc etc etc

Three months down the line you have fans now demanding money money money is spent , if the money isn’t there well go and borrow it , don’t worry about the debt or any morals all we care about is spending £100mil on this player and that player - forget the clubs have huge levels of losses due to Covid just go out and spend more

No wonder people look at the money in the football well mainly the Premier League and think what a disgusting disgrace it is and yet we have owners that appear to want to be financially sounds and they get lambasted for it

Wasted 3 minutes of my life reading this sh*te!

The Mancs are leaking money hand over fist according to your dipshit summary because they  take out manageable loans to improve the club's prospects, this according to you is the road to financial ruin and the Mancs are destined to fail.

The facts are they are one of the richest clubs globally and with the right manager at the helm their financial acumen brings rewards.

Even with a vastly superior manager we cannot consistently match their success under owners who refuse to support the club financially at times of crisis.
      Our amazing success under Klopp was short lived while a lack of in depth quality left us as also rans behind our biggest rivals who achieved 2nd place in the Prem!

We can laugh at the Mancs and do so with vigour but your bullshit post in kissing  FSG arse by making unfounded claims about a club run as a highly profitable entity are as pathetic as the rest of your bullshit posts.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #19461: Jul 29, 2021 01:27:25 pm
      Wasted 3 minutes of my life reading this sh*te!

The Mancs are leaking money hand over fist according to your dipshit summary because they  take out manageable loans to improve the club's prospects, this according to you is the road to financial ruin and the Mancs are destined to fail.

The facts are they are one of the richest clubs globally and with the right manager at the helm their financial acumen brings rewards.

Even with a vastly superior manager we cannot consistently match their success under owners who refuse to support the club financially at times of crisis.
      Our amazing success under Klopp was short lived while a lack of in depth quality left us as also rans behind our biggest rivals who achieved 2nd place in the Prem!

We can laugh at the Mancs and do so with vigour but your bullshit post in kissing  FSG arse by making unfounded claims about a club run as a highly profitable entity are as pathetic as the rest of your bullshit posts.

Man Utd despite spending more than us and having trophy winning managers haven’t won the league in ten years and CL in 13 years

Must admit I didn’t think you would drop to the levels of praising the Glazers just because they spend money ( loaned money  )

The only people who want our club to replicate how they mancs work are the people that are just concerned about transfer spend
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #19462: Jul 29, 2021 01:35:36 pm

Man Utd despite spending more than us and having trophy winning managers haven’t won the league in ten years and CL in 13 years

Must admit I didn’t think you would drop to the levels of praising the Glazers just because they spend money ( loaned money  )

The only people who want our club to replicate how they mancs work are the people that are just concerned about transfer spend

Personal comment is your best shot, ridiculous post.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #19463: Jul 29, 2021 04:44:21 pm

How much were we spending to catch up to United & win the league after 30 years..?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #19464: Jul 29, 2021 06:49:09 pm
      How much were we spending to catch up to United & win the league after 30 years..?

🤷‍♂️ No idea , I don’t concentrate on net spend or spending but I’m going to guess it was less than what UTD spend as they have always out spent us

In fact I reckon since they last won the league they have spent more than us but won less 🤷‍♂️
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #19465: Jul 29, 2021 07:27:01 pm
      Fans are a bunch of hypocrites, i agree. One moment they jump on their high horse and call the owners greedy then go and post about how all these players the team should be buying.

How is that hypocritical? Wouldn't it literally be classified as greedy to hoard your money when it should be spent on something to help the club? (I know it's not "their money" per se, but I think you've confused what the word hypocritical means.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19466: Jul 29, 2021 08:53:15 pm

🤷‍♂️ No idea , I don’t concentrate on net spend or spending but I’m going to guess it was less than what UTD spend as they have always out spent us

Well being a owner/shareholder you should.  ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #19467: Jul 30, 2021 01:57:03 pm

In fact I reckon since they last won the league they have spent more than us but won less 🤷‍♂️

Ah, one area you seem to be stumped but anything else related to FSG you have the answers to..🙄
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #19468: Jul 30, 2021 07:46:38 pm
      Ah, one area you seem to be stumped but anything else related to FSG you have the answers to..🙄

Sorry was I supposed to know how much we have spent in the last 30 years 🤷‍♂️

But it appears it was £1.47bn

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51570705

Last ten years it seems it’s just over £1bn
      « Last Edit: Jul 30, 2021 07:59:45 pm by Lallana in Pyjamas »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #19469: Jul 30, 2021 09:50:45 pm

Sorry was I supposed to know how much we have spent in the last 30 years 🤷‍♂️

But it appears it was £1.47bn

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51570705

Last ten years it seems it’s just over £1bn

There you go again with your bullshit posts.
      However much the club spends it is nothing remotely connected with FSG,  the owners have spent no more than the sum involved in acquiring the club.

The monies generated are through player sales and other commercial enterprises, the recent success LFC enjoyed is solely down to Klopp and the link you use states as much.

Bullshit from beginning to end.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #19470: Jul 30, 2021 09:55:08 pm
      However much the club spends it is nothing remotely connected with FSG,  the owners have spent no more than the sum involved in acquiring the club.

The monies generated are through player sales and other commercial enterprises, the recent success LFC enjoyed is solely down to Klopp and the link you use states as much.

But the mancs owners who have only spent via loans is somehow amazing?

Admit it, you want an owner who will pump their own personal cash into the club. Only way that happens is if we are owner by an Arab or Russian billionaire. That’s the reality.

Your struggle to acknowledge this is tiresome Stuey.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #19471: Jul 30, 2021 09:59:38 pm

Are you on some kind of wind up ?

Someone asks how much money we have spent in the last 30 years trying to catch the mancs and I post the answer

And your response is to rant about FSG 🤦‍♂️

Did FSG steal your favourite teddy bear or something 🤷‍♂️
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #19472: Jul 30, 2021 10:12:02 pm
      But the mancs owners who have only spent via loans is somehow amazing?

Admit it, you want an owner who will pump their own personal cash into the club. Only way that happens is if we are owner by an Arab or Russian billionaire. That’s the reality.

Your struggle to acknowledge this is tiresome Stuey.

No post submitted by me implies our owners should "pump cash" into the club to buy success.

The Mancs owners at least back their manager.

For continued success achievement must be built on and a failure to do so ripped the arse out of our season,  our luck with injuries was not repeated and the loss of key players with no adequate stand in embarrassed the manager.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #19473: Jul 30, 2021 10:24:46 pm
      No post submitted by me implies our owners should "pump cash" into the club to buy success.

The Mancs owners at least back their manager.

For continued success achievement must be built on and a failure to do so ripped the arse out of our season,  our luck with injuries was not repeated and the loss of key players with no adequate stand in embarrassed the manager.

Your posts have repeatedly said how the Glazers have backed their manager, all the while failing to acknowledge this is done through loading massive debt on the club.

Which incidentally is exactly what Hicks and Gillette did to us.

We’ve won major trophies while the mancs have won a league cup and UEFA cup. Personally I think we are better placed than them to challenge for the league next year but the proof will be in the pudding.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3943 
      Reply #19474: Jul 30, 2021 10:53:46 pm
      Your posts have repeatedly said how the Glazers have backed their manager, all the while failing to acknowledge this is done through loading massive debt on the club.

I have said our owners could loan the club money for players as they loan the club monies for bricks and mortar projects. Not talking about the Glazer multi-millions

Which incidentally is exactly what Hicks and Gillette did to us.
      H&G were a fraudulent company involved in illicit business practices.

We’ve won major trophies while the mancs have won a league cup and UEFA cup. Personally I think we are better placed than them to challenge for the league next year but the proof will be in the pudding.

The proof does lie before you, we lost the league because of FSG false economies.

« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2021 10:58:54 pm by stuey »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19475: Jul 31, 2021 09:06:50 am
      Thought this was the laugh at the mancs thread   ;D

Back on topic..... United to win the league  :f_whistle:
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #19476: Jul 31, 2021 11:25:39 am
      Thought this was the laugh at the mancs thread   ;D

Back on topic..... United to win the league  :f_whistle:

Not sure about that Keith but back Ole with another £200 million in transfers should see your lot finish top 4 comfortably again ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19477: Jul 31, 2021 12:01:01 pm
      Not sure about that Keith but back Ole with another £200 million in transfers should see your lot finish top 4 comfortably again ;)

Me neither hence the   :f_whistle:  :lmao: Just getting back on topic  ;D

It's sad ( if your a manc ) that no matter who we buy I still have serious doubts Ole can take it to the level needed to win the holy grail again. God! I've never wanted to be wrong so much.  :-\
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #19478: Aug 01, 2021 03:11:39 am
      Lads, I'm begging you, can we keep at least one topic free from your bickering about our owners? Please? We get it, you disagree on this issue, but you don't have to bring it up every chance you get.  :roll:  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #19479: Aug 01, 2021 04:10:27 am
      Lads, I'm begging you, can we keep at least one topic free from your bickering about our owners? Please? We get it, you disagree on this issue, but you don't have to bring it up every chance you get.  :roll:  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

My man
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #19480: Aug 01, 2021 09:37:19 am

Excuse me!! It was me who got it back on topic Dav  :lmao:

Quick Reply