Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread

Read 2297807 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Re: The Official: Laugh At The Mancs Thread
      Reply #21413: Aug 18, 2022 11:06:23 pm
      Apologies Keith but the more discord and strife the better there as far as I'm concerned, as long as the protests are civil and don't turn nasty. You can hardly blame the loyal supporters with the way the club is run, however it did get a bit out of hand at OT last summer to the point where I think we deployed a decoy bus for the rearranged fixture. NEXT time we go in with some tanks Tiananmen style  :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #21414: Aug 19, 2022 12:19:05 am
      Apologies Keith but the more discord and strife the better there as far as I'm concerned, as long as the protests are civil and don't turn nasty. You can hardly blame the loyal supporters with the way the club is run, however it did get a bit out of hand at OT last summer to the point where I think we deployed a decoy bus for the rearranged fixture. NEXT time we go in with some tanks Tiananmen style  :D

The way the club is run? You mean spending like a billion dollars? You never hear the supporters crying about that or protesting when they've won a few.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #21415: Aug 19, 2022 08:46:33 am
      If they end up signing Casemeiro it will apparently be for around 70mill fee and 450k a week in wages for 5 years. That's pushing a package of near on 200mill before even taking into account agent fees and signing on fee.

Casemeiro is going to be 31 this season, there's no way he'd go to United from Madrid for anything other than a tonne of money. This is exactly one of the reasons United ended up in this mess, paying big money for a name and a player going there for no other reason than money. If Casemeiro goes the way the rest of their transfers do, which is likely given the reasons he'd be going there, they are potentially going to be stuck with a player until he is 36 on an astronomical wage.

They just don't learn do they.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #21416: Aug 19, 2022 09:20:32 am
      The way the club is run? You mean spending like a billion dollars? You never hear the supporters crying about that or protesting when they've won a few.

MANU, just proves the point you can spend a fortune and still get it wrong.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #21417: Aug 19, 2022 09:29:28 am
      Casemiro is absolute world class but the fee/wages at 30 is a bit of a risk as there will be a question mark about how long he can sustain his level at the top and how he settles into the Premier League.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #21418: Aug 19, 2022 09:53:51 am
      If they end up signing Casemeiro it will apparently be for around 70mill fee and 450k a week in wages for 5 years. That's pushing a package of near on 200mill before even taking into account agent fees and signing on fee.

Casemeiro is going to be 31 this season, there's no way he'd go to United from Madrid for anything other than a tonne of money. This is exactly one of the reasons United ended up in this mess, paying big money for a name and a player going there for no other reason than money. If Casemeiro goes the way the rest of their transfers do, which is likely given the reasons he'd be going there, they are potentially going to be stuck with a player until he is 36 on an astronomical wage.

I am genuinely hoping they buy Casimero on these terms (or similar). As you imply, it's strong evidence they still haven't learned.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #21419: Aug 19, 2022 09:56:06 am
      Probably, I can dream for a few days though   :D

joking apart did you ever see a time when a player like Dejong who is not world class would not want to go to UTD. Is it the new manager people do not warm to ? or is it the apparent discord in the squad or the looming figure of ROnaldo. Or maybe Ryan Giggs Poem
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21420: Aug 19, 2022 10:29:04 am

Yeah it did get out of hand a bit didn’t it. Some of what I heard and seen also left me calling the numptys.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21421: Aug 19, 2022 10:31:39 am

Good post and much as I’d like to say your wrong…. your not. Boy we’re in a right mess and not sure I’ve ever seen it this bad in my life time as a supporter.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21422: Aug 19, 2022 10:32:36 am
      MANU, just proves the point you can spend a fortune and still get it wrong.

Fed up of agreeing with you lot!!!!!!!!  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21423: Aug 19, 2022 10:34:43 am
      Good post and much as I’d like to say your wrong…. your not. Boy we’re in a right mess and not sure I’ve ever seen it this bad in my life time as a supporter.

joking apart did you ever see a time when a player like Dejong who is not world class would not want to go to UTD. Is it the new manager people do not warm to ? or is it the apparent discord in the squad or the looming figure of ROnaldo. Or maybe Ryan Giggs Poem

Above post might answer that question Walt.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #21424: Aug 19, 2022 10:48:49 am
      Fed up of agreeing with you lot!!!!!!!!  ;D

You know it makes sense rodders. ;D

Same with Everton, spunked millions.

Its a good time to be a red.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21425: Aug 19, 2022 10:53:13 am
      You know it makes sense rodders. ;D

Same with Everton, spunked millions.

Its a good time to be a red.

But I am a red and doesn’t feel a good time.  :lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #21426: Aug 19, 2022 12:46:55 pm
      apparently many UTD fans are turning to Self Flagellation instead of supporting UTD as its far less painful.
      Contains graphic scenes of UTD fan preparing himself for MOTD
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7pioagkX5k&ab_channel=Movieclips
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #21427: Aug 19, 2022 09:52:06 pm
      £70m on Casemiro, plus mega wages, f*ck me, he's a fantastic player right enough but aged 30 for a DM that's a huge outlay. It's a desperation premium. Wonder whether he can sustain his levels for the duration of his contract or will we be looking at another mercenary sitting comfy on a contract a couple years hence.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #21428: Aug 19, 2022 09:54:23 pm
      £70m on Casemiro, plus mega wages, f*ck me, he's a fantastic player right enough but aged 30 for a DM that's a huge outlay. It's a desperation premium. Wonder whether he can sustain his levels for the duration of his contract or will we be looking at another mercenary sitting comfy on a contract a couple years hence.

these are the sort of deals we would have done with Parry in charge....its hilarious to see them even copy our worse moments.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #21429: Aug 19, 2022 10:01:44 pm
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #21430: Aug 20, 2022 08:28:08 am
      Casemiro is world-class, no doubt about that. He'll bring his experience and talent and will upgrade the team, that's true. But it's the same as signing CR7 and Varane, players who are past their peak and who in 1 or 2 years will be overpaid and no resale value. Then they'll have overpaid stars on their bench, and will need to reinvest heavily in their team. They never learn and long may it continue.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21431: Aug 20, 2022 09:16:41 am
      Casemiro is world-class, no doubt about that. He'll bring his experience and talent and will upgrade the team, that's true. But it's the same as signing CR7 and Varane, players who are past their peak and who in 1 or 2 years will be overpaid and no resale value. Then they'll have overpaid stars on their bench, and will need to reinvest heavily in their team. They never learn and long may it continue.

Apart from your last sentence pretty much spot on.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #21432: Aug 20, 2022 12:37:06 pm
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21433: Aug 20, 2022 12:42:16 pm

It’s a old video but still funny  ;D
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #21434: Aug 20, 2022 12:45:09 pm
      It’s a old video but still funny  ;D

... and still accurate, which might be the worst part for you. ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #21435: Aug 20, 2022 12:48:41 pm
      ... and still accurate, which might be the worst part for you. ;)

Well not judging by some of you lot.  ;D Many already worried about Mondays game.  :lmao:

Quick Reply